Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Idiot Kicker posted:

Obama is gonna do some bullshit like appoint a hard-right judge as an "olive branch"

get that woman who was blocking gay marriages in bumfuck wherever, she'd be great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Burn his fat carcass in a dumpster and bake his ashes into a butt plug. Inter him inside a homo booty.

ehhhhhhnnnnnn
Jun 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
popping in to say :woop: :v: :v: :sax:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Boner Zone posted:

yeah there's no way the GOP is able to obstruct this into next year when Obama leaves office but gently caress I can't wait to see them try

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Lord Binky posted:

Wow, can't wait to see who President Trump will pick

Vince, your country needs you.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

OctoberBlues posted:

No, we are not going to have a 9th Supreme Court member for at least a year

It'll be a month or two max. You can't leave a spot like that vacant for a year, even with an interim.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Grant DaNasty posted:

All court battles are settled in the ring

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

RBG probably pouring out a forty at this very moment.
apparently they were good friends with each other because they liked each other's sense of humor. i was resigned to the fact that Scalia would probably outlive her

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost

Grant DaNasty posted:

I just made this same joke to my Dad. Weird.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Philthy posted:

It'll be a month or two max. You can't leave a spot like that vacant for a year, even with an interim.

they can and will

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
obama brings person: senate goes nah this guy sucks, repeat till 2017

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost

Philthy posted:

They absolutely will. No one will get confirmed until the next President, too much riding on this one. Their constituents will murder their Senators if they vote up an Obama nominee, no matter who he nominates.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

they can and will

They won't. They have 30 days to vote on his first nomination, then look over two lists if that fails. If they say no those those, he gets to pick.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
when has there been a supreme who didnt guide his decisions based on the constitution

the whole mechanism is in and of itself conservative, no?

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Relin posted:

when has there been a supreme who didnt guide his decisions based on the constitution

it's kind of like the bible, in that you can ignore parts of it at your leisure and add stuff that isn't there when it's convenient

i mean, when's the last time anyone gave a gently caress about the cruel and unusual punishment of prisoners?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

What a beautiful day!

I hope Obama nominates the biggest Tumblr SJW there is.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Relin posted:

Then why have nine? Why not just one guy who knows the constitution and its words and the intent of the authors?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
rip in hell fucker

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

longest its ever taken to confirm a Supreme nominee is 125 days. Obummer has 361 days left in office.

im sure they will try to stonewall him in the senate (if just to drum up their lovely conservative base), but it wont work

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

http://isantoninscaliadead.tumblr.com/

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
while Scalia's wide and ornate casket descends into the plot Justice Alito stands at attention and proclaims *You lie!*

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Philthy posted:

They won't. They have 30 days to vote on his first nomination, then look over two lists if that fails. If they say no those those, he gets to pick.

The spokesman for the head of Senate Judiciary already said there's a "less than zero percent chance" that Obama nominates his replacement.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Duey posted:

They absolutely will. No one will get confirmed until the next President, too much riding on this one. Their constituents will murder their Senators if they vote up an Obama nominee, no matter who he nominates.

They can do this but it'll just turn the Supreme Court into a huge issue for the election and drive dem turnout. Honestly that's probably a better scenario than Obama making a recess appointment to the SCOTUS but I also sort of hope Trollbama does that just for the lulz.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i cant find anything supporting the words you keep saying, so please source it ty

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

The spokesman for the head of Senate Judiciary already said there's a "less than zero percent chance" that Obama nominates his replacement.

So does that mean it's looping back around to 255% chance?

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
Goodnight, America's Own Baron Harkonnen.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

it's kind of like the bible, in that you can ignore parts of it at your leisure and add stuff that isn't there when it's convenient

i mean, when's the last time anyone gave a gently caress about the cruel and unusual punishment of prisoners?

my barista in the lower queen anne totally cares, she even has custom earrings of a peace symbol to prove it

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Nuebot posted:

What makes you think a member of the senate understands math?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

i cant find anything supporting the words you keep saying, so please source it ty

Perhaps he is visiting from an alternate dimension?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Nuebot posted:

nah gets down to -255 first

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Lord Binky posted:

Wow, can't wait to see who President Trump will pick

Maybe he can get Cruz to drop out of the primaries if he promises him a shot at the Supreme Court?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

uber_stoat posted:

Burn his fat carcass in a dumpster and bake his ashes into a butt plug. Inter him inside a homo booty.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I kind of hope they block Obama's nominee so that Sanders can end up being the one to appoint.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

OctoberBlues posted:

Perhaps he is visiting from an alternate dimension?

i want to live in this dimension where the president gets to nominate 2 actual cannibals or something, then when those get blocked he gets to say "ok well the next justice is my cock and theres nothing you can do about it owned idiots"

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Demonachizer posted:

I kind of hope they block Obama's nominee so that Sanders can end up being the one to appoint.
I'm afraid $hillary is going to win the democratic nomination my friend

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

jBrereton posted:

if you're afraid, vote for the other person :)

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

if you're afraid, vote for the other person :)

yeah lets participate in public elections, that is a really cool thing to do

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

jBrereton posted:

her goose is already cooked, actually

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

satanic splash-back posted:

yeah lets participate in public elections, that is a really cool thing to do

this unironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

a messed up horse posted:

her goose is already cooked, actually

Are we watching a different election cycle?

• Locked thread