Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Do It Once Right posted:

I'm guessing I've heard many more live speakers than you.

I think you're dumb as hell and you should definitely kill yourself?

(the question mark is about killing yourself, not about how dumb you are)

do not tell people to kill themselves, it is exceedingly rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
According to CNN Obama will be making a nomination. Get ready for a shitshow.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I haven't been this happy to hear someone died in a quite a long time. Scalia's death totally made my day. :downs:

LungBrothers
Oct 5, 2015

by Shine
bye bitch

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEfg12hae7s&t=85s

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
good

LungBrothers
Oct 5, 2015

by Shine

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

just got back from watching deadpool then I saw this news. im glad old torture man is dead

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Emerson Cod posted:

According to CNN Obama will be making a nomination. Get ready for a shitshow.
I hope it's like his budget proposal and just a total gently caress you to republicans.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

i'd like to apply for the job of next supreme court justice

i've managed a Denny's for 17 years, and i've judged countless sheep contests for the 4H, so i'm highly qualified

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
A few bucks said he woke in a panic of fear as his heart ground to a halt

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wtf does dead pool have to do with this? Idgi never seen it

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Troublemaker posted:

Didn't this rear end in a top hat also lead the Court's decision that police have no duty to serve and protect?

Guy had some great quotes like:

Scalia posted:

If we cannot have moral feelings against homosexuality, can we have it against murder? Can we have it against other things?

Scalia posted:

The Constitution contains no right to abortion. It is not to be found in the longstanding traditions of our society, nor can it be logically deduced from the text of the Constitution - not, that is, without volunteering a judicial answer to the nonjusticiable question of when human life begins. Leaving this matter to the political process is not only legally correct, it is pragmatically so. That alone - and not lawyerly dissection of federal judicial precedents - can produce compromises satisfying a sufficient mass of the electorate that this deeply felt issue will cease distorting the remainder of our democratic process. The Court should end its disruptive intrusion into this field as soon as possible.

Scalia posted:

It is hard to consider women a 'discrete and insular minority', unable to employ the 'political processes ordinarily to be relied upon' when they constitute a majority of the electorate. And the suggestion that they are incapable of exerting that political power smacks of the same paternalism that the Court so roundly condemns.

Scalia posted:

I am left to defend the 'dead' Constitution.

Scalia posted:

[The Texas anti-sodomy statute] undoubtedly imposes constraints on liberty. So do laws prohibiting prostitution, recreational use of heroin, and, for that matter, working more than 60 hours per week in a bakery. But there is no right to 'liberty' under the Due Process Clause, though today's opinion repeatedly makes that claim. . . . The Fourteenth Amendment expressly allows States to deprive their citizens of 'liberty,' so long as 'due process of law' is provided.

Fry in hell you fat gently caress.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

I'm really super disappointed gbs isn't taking a morally pragmatic approach to the death of a valuable and productive member of society :(

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

etalian posted:

while Judge Thomas was last place.

To the surprise of no one.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

how deeply, i want to say kafakequse

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Marketing New Brain posted:

To the surprise of no one.

I'm concerned that Thomas won't know whose vote he should copy.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Just lol if you think Republicans can filibuster the nomination for a full year

Reagan appointed 4 justices, the latest being Kennedy on Feb. 3, 1988, around the same time in his presidency as Obama

It's one thing to block Obama's federal court appointments into perpetuity, it's entirely another to leave the Supreme Court at a perilous even number of members

Then again Kagan still recuses herself often

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Hillary slipped him something. I have sources.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
Thank christ this fat gently caress is dead

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Scalia dies after 30 year battle with social progress. This Onion got a chuckle out of me.

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/justice-scalia-dead-following-30-year-battle-socia-52356

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Rare Collectable posted:

I'm really super disappointed gbs isn't taking a morally pragmatic approach to the death of a valuable and productive member of society :(

valuable my rear end, if you caught him you couldn't have sold him into white slavery for :10bux:

you'd have to pay someone to take him off your hands

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
did an involuntary fist pump when I heard the news.

lol at you chumps who're acting outraged people would be glad he's dead. he was a piece of poo poo and the world is very slightly better for his passing.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

you found it

this is it, this is the guy who was actually (not "actually") innocent

Maybe there is divine justice

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine
I am upset. He the only race realist judge left and now we are entering the dark ages.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Merdifex posted:

I am upset. He the only race realist judge left and now we are entering the dark ages.

thurgud marshal or lawrence fishburn or whatevers still there

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

BillmasterCozb posted:

do not cheer his death you retards

t:toot:

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Capntastic posted:

Being dead is sort of a problem

please list everything that is bothering him or causing him pain at the moment

describe his current fears or debts

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

In his last will and testament, he requested a "Caliph Baghdadi" to replace him on the Court. Strange.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

he died in the same place he lived:

a whitewashed, romanticized, factually incorrect version of american history

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
rip in piss

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
i can't wait for the first millennial justice to reference dank memes and print the entirety of "Never Gonna Give You Up" in a decision, thus putting it in public domain

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Wow. Be careful what you wish for...

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the best part about this is that there were gonna be 5-4 decisions against affirmative action and "one person one vote" and then this loving lich kicked the bucket. now we're going to have 4-4 deadlocks and they'll have to reargue the case in front of an Obama appointed judge. i can't loving wait for the Republican temper tantrum, it probably won't last as long as people think

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

fyodor posted:

Please welcome your new Supreme Court Justice: Barack Obama.

i would be totally okay with this

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

sorry for taking bowie and snape. Here, let me take modern hitler

-god, probably

:lol:

im fairly positive there wasn't this much cheering on the forums when osama bin laden was killed

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Good loving riddance

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Y-Hat posted:

the best part about this is that there were gonna be 5-4 decisions against affirmative action and "one person one vote" and then this loving lich kicked the bucket. now we're going to have 4-4 deadlocks and they'll have to reargue the case in front of an Obama appointed judge. i can't loving wait for the Republican temper tantrum, it probably won't last as long as people think

Has his phylactery been located and destroyed just to be sure?

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Dapper Dan posted:

i still don't believe this is real. his black heart was supposed to carry him through 2025, i'll have to speak to my illuminati representative about this poo poo. this is some bullshit right here.

EDIT:
i hope the black beating heart of azael beezeulbub of the nine hells has a good warranty. gently caress

As Bernie grows more powerful the grasp of the Illuminati weakens.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am glad the old human being is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
bill clinton is talking about scalia drunk on cnn

• Locked thread