Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Scalia posted:

This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent

Where Scalia argues that you can execute actually innocent people after they received a "fair" trial. I hope they bury him somewhere where people can piss on his grave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
They should really appoint Cory Booker to replace him so there would be a black man on the bench

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
"duhhh duhh why are u celebrating the death of an undeniable source of evil" - A loving MORON

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

a messed up horse posted:

Hey, my man. Tell me about big ol' cartoon booty.

someone got really angry at an anime butt avatar someone else randomly bought for me. i have no idea who either of those people are.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Cubone posted:

"duhhh duhh why are u celebrating the death of an undeniable source of evil" - A loving MORON

But its bad to celebrate the death of someone, what's wrong with that idea

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Harald posted:

he should nominate Oprah, imo

We saw what the bench did to Scalia's figure, Weight Watchers stock will plummet.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
is this where i come to showcase my daily show level knoledge of supreme court justices?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
don't celebrate his death

mourn his life

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I strongly wish to poop or pee on a man's grave.

- A man who will take the time to poop on a man's grave.

And I'll literally do it as an example for my nephews and nieces

(scalia's gonna get pooped on)

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Vengarr posted:

They should really appoint Cory Booker to replace him so there would be a black man on the bench

Booker would make a great veep for Bernie, SCJ would be an acceptable alternative.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

dee eight posted:

don't celebrate his death

mourn his life

Can't we do both...?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

BillmasterCozb posted:

But its bad to celebrate the death of someone,
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

phantom_dilz posted:

Can someone provide a summary or list about why it is good this guy is dead? I don't understand he was just a judge???

He is the intellectual equivalent of the people who hold up the ´god hates fags´ signs.

Edit: was

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

BillmasterCozb posted:

But its bad to celebrate the death of someone, what's wrong with that idea

everything because its dumb and stupid. death isnt sacrosanct.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

huskarl_marx posted:

my goodness, i can't believe that leftists, the very exemplars of ideological perfection would ever lust for the death of exploitationists and bigots, therefore, in this extreme hypocrisy I will join the side of the exploitationists and bigots because this gives me moral superiority because *farts*

Not much effort is needed, if you think celebrating someone's death is gross then you're basically admitting that you share the beliefs of the dead person.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

je1 healthcare posted:

Not much effort is needed, if you think celebrating someone's death is gross then you're basically admitting that you share the beliefs of the dead person.

Please tell me the reasoning behind this

spidergoats
May 20, 2001
Always good to see someone truly evil pass away.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

Three Olives posted:

Where Scalia argues that you can execute actually innocent people after they received a "fair" trial. I hope they bury him somewhere where people can piss on his grave.
see this is a good opening example. what he was saying is we can never know the ultimate truth of any situation, so we have to rely on the judicial system which, if fairly administered delivers a fair verdict. "actually innocent" is a legal term of art that does not mean what you think. not to mention the entire quote was about a very specific circumstance where a decision is appealed

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Someone can have friends and family who care about them and still make the world a worse place for most people. His friends and family can mourn, I just got a little more freedom.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
gently caress him and gently caress his mourning family.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Geoj posted:

Can't we do both...?

yeah sure why the hell not whatever turns your crank

Scalia... ska LI ah....SKAL ee ah... that sounds like an STD if you put the accent on the first sylable.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

mik posted:

gently caress his mourning family.

go gently caress yourself

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
He is dead and that is good for non racist people.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
I hated that motherfucker and I've forgotten more about him than most other posters will ever learn, but to try and lump him in with dumb/insane conservatives is doing him a disservice

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Bishop posted:

see this is a good opening example. what he was saying is we can never know the ultimate truth of any situation, so we have to rely on the judicial system which, if fairly administered delivers a fair verdict. "actually innocent" is a legal term of art that does not mean what you think. not to mention the entire quote was about a very specific circumstance where a decision is appealed

I would remind you that he also made statements indicating he believed nobody innocent has ever been executed...

Antonin Scalia, Kansas v. Marsh posted:

If such an event had occurred in recent years, we would not have to hunt for it

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
So what happens to the public unions case?

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Bishop posted:

I hated that motherfucker and I've forgotten more about him than most other posters will ever learn, but to try and lump him in with dumb/insane conservatives is doing him a disservice

I've forgotten more about banging your mom than most other posters will ever learn.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

https://twitter.com/the_onion/status/698682580019843073

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sitting here on the other side of the world and even I, with my base understanding of American law and politics know what an utter evil bastard Scalia was. When someone who's not that important on the world scale is still renowned for being a huge dick it really says something.
Rest in piss, you utterly reprehensible little shitstain.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
He had a good run doing what he loved. I wish we all could live such a fufilling life.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

ORIGINAL GANGSTER posted:

I've forgotten more about banging your mom than most other posters will ever learn.

I'm sure you have a lot to teach the world about crippling sexual desperation if you slept with his gross mom.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Barry should obviously nominate Michelle just to troll the gently caress out of conservatives.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

phantom_dilz posted:

Can someone provide a summary or list about why it is good this guy is dead? I don't understand he was just a judge???

He had such wonderful opinions as "laws against gay sex are constitutional because they impact gays and straights equally, gays can choose to just not have sex!", "homosexuality is in the same category as murder, i dont have to justify my hate of it", "racism and voting discrimination in the south is over", "states rights are more important than constitutional personal rights", "judges should not have human empathy, except for religion and my conservative values", "mexicans are invading the US", "the constitution allows gender discrimination", "you have the right to bear arms, including rocket launchers, but not man a cannon. for some reason", and "judges should represent the public opinion and demographics, except when i think they shouldnt."

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
loving all the "next president should get to appoint!" bullshit when you know if the tables were turned that wouldn't be the case

shits gonna get real, this is probably the worst thing that could happen to the GOP in the middle of election primaries getting underway for both parties.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Bishop posted:

See this is a good opening example of where a decent person with a conscious says let's not clinically murder people strapped to a bed who pose no risk to anyone unless we are really super sure without a doubt that they are guilty and even then let's not clinically murder people strapped to a bed who pose no risk to anyone because what the gently caress man.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
threw shade on Brown vs Board of Education because the founding fathers didn't think segregation was bad, made a literal Hitler analogy about it

was ok with gay men being arrested for sodomy because the founding fathers also liked to string up the gays

had zero problem with the Federal Arbitration Act allowing corporations to force people to sign away their basic rights, the founding fathers were just fine with that kind of thing right?

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

phantom_dilz posted:

“If we cannot have moral feelings against homosexuality, can we have it against murder? Can we have it against other things?" - SCJ Antonin Scalia

This quote best exemplifies why Justice Antonin Scalia was unfit to pass judgement. In this quote and his vote, he reveals that he finds homosexuality morally repugnant and that he conflates this with the moral repugnance he feels when he thinks about murder.

In the first case, two people engage in consensual activities in their own home, hurt no one and aren't correct in the configuration so he finds it icky

in the second case, a person loses their life, something that is supposedly a fundamental inalienable right

so let's see, do we make laws because the behaviors they hope to eliminate infringe upon human rights, or because a percentage of the population finds the behaviors icky?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Obama has violated the law

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Nonsense posted:

Obama has violated the law

true, and he's also a bad person but the law isn't worth anything these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

from these 12 pages of hate, I'm getting the idea he wasn't great at his job... But who am I to "judge"

• Locked thread