Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

:yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

whoflungpoop posted:

so what was your avatar before they changed it im guessing some manchild video game poo poo maybe

It was a likpas with the tattoo "<3 my mom"

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

let's do an undead dance for scalia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-McX8KfvQY

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

I'm not celebrating his death but I am am celebrating that he is dead. What a piece of poo poo.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

let us please treat big tony scalia with the respect he showed others

quote:

Scalia opened his talk with a reference to the Holocaust, which happened to occur in a society that was, at the time, “the most advanced country in the world.” One of the many mistakes that Germany made in the 1930s was that judges began to interpret the law in ways that reflected “the spirit of the age.” When judges accept this sort of moral authority, as Scalia claims they’re doing now in the U.S., they get themselves and society into trouble.

judicial activism caused the holocaust, you see

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I think it's entirely possible that he died of AIDS

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

There are still goons in DnD who are mad at the US for assassinating Bin Laden.

well i mean it's just impolite to invite a man over to your ranch for lunch and then feed his brother back home some lead for dinner

aside from the bad manners it was pretty :black101:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
please close this thread i just started the "OFFICIAL" thread. tia

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Spinning Robo posted:

there are definitely some legit mad people itt

Not nearly enough to be worth the time, if I were him, I'd go to a hot dog thread and claim that ketchup is perfectly fine to put on hot dogs. That would be considerably more effective.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

There are still goons in DnD who are mad at the US for assassinating Bin Laden.

tbf Bin Laden was more likeable than antonin scalia

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
How is ketchup not allowed on hotdogs you dingbat

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Cygni posted:

let us please treat big tony scalia with the respect he showed others

judicial activism caused the holocaust, you see

Lol you literally have no idea how dumb you are. Scalia, as usual, was 100% correct. Volksgerichtshof was basically a kangaroo court.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 44 minutes!
Humanism should be part and parcel of the requirements for a judiciary posting imo. I don't quite know how you'd make that measurable but the idea that a humanistic factor is damaging to interpreting the law because the only way for things to be fair is if it is handled completely robotically and in total adherence to the lettering of the law kind of goes out the window when you are making the case for "why the innocent man deserves to die anyway because look at all these technicalities."

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

How is ketchup not allowed on hotdogs you dingbat
Yeah, what the hell is that about?

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Bishop posted:

I hated that motherfucker and I've forgotten more about him than most other posters will ever learn, but to try and lump him in with dumb/insane conservatives is doing him a disservice

"Jack Bauer saved Los Angeles. ... He saved hundreds of thousands of lives," Judge Scalia said. Then, recalling Season 2, where the agent's rough interrogation tactics saved California from a terrorist nuke, the Supreme Court judge etched a line in the sand.
"Are you going to convict Jack Bauer?" Judge Scalia challenged his fellow judges. "Say that criminal law is against him? 'You have the right to a jury trial?' Is any jury going to convict Jack Bauer? I don't think so.

"So the question is really whether we believe in these absolutes. And ought we believe in these absolutes."

"I don't care about holding people. I really don't," Judge Scalia said.

Even if a real terrorist who suffered mistreatment is released because of complaints of abuse, Judge Scalia said, the interruption to the terrorist's plot would have ensured "in Los Angeles everyone is safe." During a break from the panel, Judge Scalia specifically mentioned the segment in Season 2 when Jack Bauer finally figures out how to break the die-hard terrorist intent on nuking L.A. The real genius, the judge said, is that this is primarily done with mental leverage. "There's a great scene where he told a guy that he was going to have his family killed," Judge Scalia said. "They had it on closed circuit television - and it was all staged. ... They really didn't kill the family."

what a genius he was

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
this is actually the wrong thread for this topic. the official thread says "RIP" so... OP can you close?

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007

mikemil828 posted:

Not nearly enough to be worth the time, if I were him, I'd go to a hot dog thread and claim that ketchup is perfectly fine to put on hot dogs. That would be considerably more effective.

I guess though i would say one troll that makes someone spend money on you is worth 5 that dont

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

BigBoss posted:

Lol you literally have no idea how dumb you are. Scalia, as usual, was 100% correct. Volksgerichtshof was basically a kangaroo court.

right, which is why using it as an example of judicial activism as a concept is laughable because the court was an unabashed political tool from the start.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
we all have our own private demons

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I totally forgot about the time he quoted 24.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Justice FUHGETABOWTIT Scalia

goodbey goombah justice

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
please close thread. tia

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Just a quick reminder here folks that Justice Scalia immediately filled his briefs with a load of piss and poo poo lasagna shortly after shuffling off of this mortal coil on his way to hell.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
i hope there's a gay orgy on his grave

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
I'd ask Jesus to take Henry Kissinger next, but he's done all the damage he's going to do already.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
please close thread

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

dad gay. so what posted:

please close thread. tia

please close all dad gay threadds tia

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
so is he dead or not?

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer
Perhaps we should give a thought to the 17-year-old Mexican twink that sponge-bathed him every night who is out of a job tonight.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Mariana Horchata posted:

Just a quick reminder here folks that Justice Scalia immediately filled his briefs with a load of piss and poo poo lasagna shortly after shuffling off of this mortal coil on his way to hell.

Also, he admitted that he was a child molester. Then again, he was a Republican, so that can be safely assumed regardless.

So what kind of measures do you think they'll have to avoid people from taking a dump on his grave for the next decade?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

FuriousGeorge posted:

Perhaps we should give a thought to the 17-year-old Mexican twink that sponge-bathed him every night who is out of a job tonight.

well who do you think choked him to death with his long dong silver?

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Mariana Horchata posted:

So Clarence Thomas' written decisions from here on out will be "THHHHBBBBBPTHTTHTHTHTHTH! *squeak*" ?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
please close, OP

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Checking in at 9:45 to proclaim that I am still smiling at this man's death. :) God bless!

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Harald posted:

so is he dead or not?

As dead as Abe Vigoda is. (Abe Vigoda is actually dead btw)

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Prettz posted:

let's do an undead dance for scalia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-McX8KfvQY

It's Scalia, man. Bring out the big guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9RKwlF_MXE

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Ketchup should only be applied by itself to french fries, any other use it should be accompanied with mustard or absent entirely.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
MODS can we get a thread close over here???

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
the fact that you are in politics and you are not the president and you died and you have a 15 page death thread in gbs means you were a really bad person

or possibly a really cool person

but most likely a really bad person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

ScrubLeague posted:

Ketchup should only be applied by itself to french fries, any other use it should be accompanied with mustard or absent entirely.

Exactly, and if anyone wonders why, PLEASE watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5JIpT4GkyM

• Locked thread