Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

AP posted:

Brazilian whale that went mad over Star Citizen not intending to ban teamspeak or something stupid. The issue of what he went crazy over doesn't really matter, he started questioning things and was directly emailing Sandi in a conversation that went bad (any of this sounding familiar?).

https://twitter.com/sandigardiner/status/523927427290906625

I think they attempted to blacken his name over "omg females in danger" and that really pushed him off the deep end, any old star citizen media piece has him ranting with way too many words and several different alt accounts, this is all well before Derek Smart got involved.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

mrking fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
I'm utterly ignorant of how businesses work, does CIG have to provide lists of their hundreds of employees and contractors?

Are there definitely 100s of real people all actually doing things and Chris is actually this amazing at stifling productivity across multiple continents?

Could it be like an episode of Swedish Sopranos where they hire temps to come sit in front of computers with ship design wallpapers on the days BBC or PCGamer visit?

The honchos in their meatball restaurant discussing who gets how many no-show Foundry 42 jobs and who has to go sit in lawn chairs for the no-work jobs.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Cobblers was banned again :( can't see anything in his post history that would warrant it. Are they reading peoples pms?

edit: oh i guess its because he necroed an old thread about pets again lol.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6359984/#Comment_6359984

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 14, 2016

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
They definitely are. Someone a while back was banned after PMing another user the Lowtax account offer.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Chin posted:

I'm utterly ignorant of how businesses work, does CIG have to provide lists of their hundreds of employees and contractors?

Are there definitely 100s of real people all actually doing things and Chris is actually this amazing at stifling productivity across multiple continents?

Could it be like an episode of Swedish Sopranos where they hire temps to come sit in front of computers with ship design wallpapers on the days BBC or PCGamer visit?

The honchos in their meatball restaurant discussing who gets how many no-show Foundry 42 jobs and who has to go sit in lawn chairs for the no-work jobs.

They are a private company. Besides properly filling their taxes they don't have to show poo poo to nobody.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Derek I'm going to need you to start signing your posts with your full credentials or I'm not going to know if I should take you seriously or not.

The rest of you don't need to worry about doing this; I'm already aware that you're a bunch of illiterate mouth breathers with no understanding of game development.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Haskell9 posted:

They definitely are. Someone a while back was banned after PMing another user the Lowtax account offer.

It was meeeeeeeeee

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/45e17t/108_million/czxhlek

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

its mindboggling to me that they are debating hopefully whether or not cig have enough money to make the game and whether they need to rely on future sales

like they have made more than a hundred million dollars. stop giving them money!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4575u5/question_on_probation/czxkr6y

https://np.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/45ch9q/i_get_angered_when_people_tell_lies_about_star/czwyii1

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Crublord
Croblers

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

In the RSI forums, I noticed Tarkaroshe tends to only go after the weakest arguments and avoid posters like TommyNoble like the plague. The recent Star Marine threads were a great example of that tendency.

They're also quite paranoid about SA and Derek Smart.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4575u5/question_on_probation/czxc8b3

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4575u5/question_on_probation/czxg1t3

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 14, 2016

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

crubix cube

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

fuctifino posted:

Sincerely,
Sandi Gardiner
BSc. Hons MBA Grap Dip Ed.
Director of Marketing.

The trouble was she forgot to stop typing.

edit: Oh God, I bet it stands for "Bronze Swimming Certificate." :laffo:

Goobs posted:

As an army vet, the "I want to see poo poo that gives me PTSD" in that poll really pisses me the gently caress off. gently caress off you spergling piece of poo poo. I wish the purge was a real thing.

I agree. Bootcha's a vet as well, and I don't see him asking for reminders of it. Only an armchair general covered in Cheeto dust would hope for such a thing. :mad:

aleksendr posted:

I see it as a time saving measure. Before you had to type in context and explanation for shiposting, but now you simply :eonwe:

Want to tell something is sweet and interesting ? Simply :fuzzknot: it and everyone around here understand right away.

I don't know about sweet, considering that the message of :fuzzknot: is telling Karl to gently caress off. But I figure anyone who wants a smilie of a snarling animal can now have one.

Goobs posted:

I like how when they named the stars in the mocap garbage they omitted her hahaha she must be so butthurt that she's not a real actress.

That was my favorite part. :D She must be so butthurt that she's not a special snowflake like Gillian Anderson.

MeLKoR posted:

Since no one outside this thread knows what you're talking about the most sophisticated use I expect to encounter in the future will be variations of :fuzzknot: :gizz:

Accurate, but not to scale.

:eonwe: :eonwe: :eonwe: :eonwe: :eonwe: :eonwe:

fuzzknot fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 14, 2016

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

i thought they already had ptsd from eve online????

No, they just get "triggered" a lot.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

did you think I was kidding dolvak? if you step down now you can avoid the embarrassment of what's coming.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
The Stimpire reminds me of this amazing thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3459842
Read Kirk's posts.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

A Neurotic Jew posted:

did you think I was kidding dolvak? if you step down now you can avoid the embarrassment of what's coming.

Had to check that wasn't a Derek Smart post. The phrasing was bang on and everything.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
wow tarkoroshe got annihilated in that thread.

hi tarkoroshe.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

The Stimpire reminds me of this amazing thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3459842
Read Kirk's posts.

Real tears from laughing so hard. Sub forum lives up to it's name.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

wow tarkoroshe got annihilated in that thread.

hi tarkoroshe.

Sometimes I like to picture what these people look like but then it always ends up looking like the same thing. Basically a furry surrounded with my little pony paraphernalia and living in his mom's basement. Most likely sporting a neck beard.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Romes128 posted:

Did you punch him in the face and welcome him to the stimpire?

I'm still 400 pages back so I wasn't sure what to yell :(. It felt weird, though, like meeting someone from a mugshot irl. His lunch companion seemed less enthused.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Star Citizen: when thrust is based on the belief they will keep there word.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Read Kirk's posts.

That Razer thing reminds me of Active Enterprises' proposed Action Gamemaster console. (http://lostmedia.wikia.com/wiki/Action_Gamemaster_%28Unreleased_1993_Video_Game_System_and_Other_Unreleased_Active_Enterprises_Products%29)

edit: That post was probably totally unnecessary. My apologies. Have a catte pic (with bonus dogge):

im_sorry fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 17, 2016

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Read Kirk's posts.

I'd heard of this but never read it. Wow. A thread of beauty.

I've passed the regret event horizon.

Kirk, prophet of the 4th stimpire.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

You see with INN it's about ethics in games journalism.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

if Tarkaroshe isn't sandi then holy poo poo that person is a dweeb

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I wonder how many auditions sandi gets invited to based on that decade old photoshopped twitter icon picture she probably uses as her headshot and how confused they are when she shows up looking completely different

It's like she's catfishing casting agencies

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Google Butt posted:

if Tarkaroshe isn't sandi then holy poo poo that person is a dweeb

Tarkaroshe is the only remaining person I see defending wesha's bragging about how much they've spent on Star Citizen and it is always a joy to behold.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
it must be tough to figure out whether or not you should reveal the fact that you read every post in this thread when arguing with a goon.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Kind of seems like the subreddit is going through the transition threads here went through.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

it must be tough to figure out whether or not you should reveal the fact that you read every post in this thread when arguing with a goon.

They really should just post the caught up with the thread gif if they're going to go that far into outing how much they care.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

RedTonic posted:

I'd heard of this but never read it. Wow. A thread of beauty.

I've passed the regret event horizon.

Kirk, prophet of the 4th stimpire.

I think Kirk might be the stimperor himself

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

tarkoshe just post here dude stop being weird about it.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Galarox posted:

Not one of my better efforts: Nevertheless... The Parp Resist Him:

Nice.

Sandi could have worked with the original eyes as well.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Derek pls include the stimpire in your game and I'll buy it

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Romes128 posted:

Revenge of the Stimpire DLC for LoD confirmed?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ezekeel posted:

Revenge of the Stimpire DLC for LoD confirmed?

Sorry I meant I want to play on the side of the stimpire

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Goobs posted:

Real tears from laughing so hard. Sub forum lives up to it's name.

I had to stop reading, I was worried about how hard I was laughing

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Romes128 posted:

But Derek's games are the Stimpire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
If anyone is an explorer in Elite dangerous, if you get to name a system pls name it the 4th stimpire

• Locked thread