Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
New DLC not only reset my Universe after I waited for the patch to come out, but it also deleted ALL of my CAWs and everything. I've poured way too many hours into that. Deleted my ENTIRE SAVE.

I think I'm done. I can't go back and redo everything. Wtf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Fat Lowtax posted:

I was able to get them to reset my key after I told them my laptop got stolen. I'm sure they'll do it for you if you ask, it's hard to expect everyone to remember to deregister their three year old wrestling spreadsheet game before changing machines, running system restores etc.

With a niche product that would stand to lose a lot from piracy, I actually don't blame them for their DRM.

I've been buying his games for many years now (wow, just realized it's over 10 years), but I recently found a discussion on how people were pirating the game and it was incredibly laughable/sad how easy it is to get all of his games for free. I think he's moving to Steam, so hopefully that will close up the massive loophole that's been in his games forever.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Ayo drop me from LLJK, I had a lot of fun with Season 2 of Supercard but I'm out

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Jenny Angel posted:

Ayo drop me from LLJK, I had a lot of fun with Season 2 of Supercard but I'm out

Name?

Also, LLJK will have 1 or 2 spots open.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

More TEW 2016 changes include:

- Backstage incidents can now encompass tag teams (and cliques) instead of everything happening between individual workers.

- The Prairies region of Canada and Mediterranean region of Europe have been split up into more granular provinces / countries.

- You now have the option of booking generic, unnamed regional venues that will have seating based on your general drawing power. You can still book specific venues but this saves modders a lot of time and helps out mid-tier feds that either turn fans away or pay for hundreds more seats than they need on a given night. Booking costs also scale more logically with venue size.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

http://www.hitbox.tv/newLEGACYinc

They're playing Wrestling Revolution again, this time Duel is the character and he's already been squashed by Marc Mero.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I know I've asked this before, but I don't know if there are more/better options at this point, so what's the best way for me to play TEW 2016 on an iMac?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

AlmightyPants posted:

Name?

Also, LLJK will have 1 or 2 spots open.

Oh duh sorry, I was Swaggamemnon

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I know I've asked this before, but I don't know if there are more/better options at this point, so what's the best way for me to play TEW 2016 on an iMac?

I just use Bootcamp for all that stuff. I never liked any of those Parallels type programs, although they may be better by now.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Jenny Angel posted:

Oh duh sorry, I was Swaggamemnon

That's a really pro username.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Jenny Angel posted:

If you're gone our poor lil team is so boned :(

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
We just need TEW on iOS and then I won't get anything done.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Why cookie Rocket posted:

If you're gone our poor lil team is so boned :(

Not only do we lose our top player, but our best player name.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Every now and then you have an awesome WWE 2k16 match and it makes it all worthwhile

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I decided to check out the 2k15 mod scene today

It's preeeeetty great.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is it still that one guy's trainer you had to pay for or have people figured out better ways to alter the game?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

sticklefifer posted:

Is it still that one guy's trainer you had to pay for or have people figured out better ways to alter the game?

You can import custom wrestlers with really simple Cheat Engine hex editing, the only thing X-Packer is actually needed for seems to be doing your own mods, but even then there are some workarounds.

One of the cool things discovered as well is that it's really simple to import wrestler files from older games, so once 2k16 is out on PC it'll get the high-quality Punk & Hogan really quick.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Feb 12, 2016

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

triplexpac posted:

Every now and then you have an awesome WWE 2k16 match and it makes it all worthwhile

I just had my first Rumble in MyCareer mode and it was ridiculously fun. I eliminated 11 people before everyone else in the ring finally teamed up to throw me out, I felt like a total monster. I can see how the mechanics would wear thin if I did a bunch of them, but I kinda can't wait until next in-game year to do another.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Lady Naga posted:

You can import custom wrestlers with really simple Cheat Engine hex editing, the only thing X-Packer is actually needed for seems to be doing your own mods, but even then there are some workarounds.

One of the cool things discovered as well is that it's really simple to import wrestler files from older games, so once 2k16 is out on PC it'll get the high-quality Punk & Hogan really quick.

Yeah I really hope it'll be easy because 2k16 has the best roster in a while, I'd just like to get Punk, Hogan, and RVD in there without having to do CAWs, especially since they seemed to remove their animations in 16.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Jenny Angel posted:

I just had my first Rumble in MyCareer mode and it was ridiculously fun. I eliminated 11 people before everyone else in the ring finally teamed up to throw me out, I felt like a total monster. I can see how the mechanics would wear thin if I did a bunch of them, but I kinda can't wait until next in-game year to do another.

I had this 20 minute long epic, Daniel Bryan vs X-Pac. We kicked out of like 6 finishers each, it was crazy.

It's true, all you need to make a match great is kick out of a bunch of big moves. Angle was right all along!

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
So is there already a WWE character pack for XCOM2 import? I need my fallen racist hulk hogan to redeem himself.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

As if he wouldn't get mind controlled by a Sectoid and shoot the black squad members.

And then he has to explain how this happened because there were no sectoids in the mission.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Does 2k16 have Rollins' curbstomp, either as his finisher or in the moves list?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

Does 2k16 have Rollins' curbstomp, either as his finisher or in the moves list?

finisher because they just animated the curbstomp getting reversed into an rko.

everyone reverses it into an rko btw

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Feb 13, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
That's good, it sucks that he can't do it in WWE itself so it's nice it's still in.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
God drat it, in TEW Ted Turner won't let me spend the money to steal Bret Hart from WWF.

Is there any way I can edit the game data to remove that limit? Or to just edit Bret's contract to put him on my roster?

It's not really realistic that Turner won't let me spend to my heart's content in 1997 WCW.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The 2K Servers have been up right? My game says they've been down for a week now and I still can't connect.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

89 posted:

The 2K Servers have been up right? My game says they've been down for a week now and I still can't connect.

They are, at least for PS4. I was in community creations earlier today and it worked fine.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
In more 2k15 is loving broken news:

I had to restart a title match because I reversed an opponent's move and DDTed them through a table---and they awarded my opponent the belt.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Veryslightlymad posted:

I had to restart a title match because I reversed an opponent's move and DDTed them through a table---and they awarded my opponent the belt.

Well, technically your back went through the table first?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Veryslightlymad posted:

Just pretend you're in TNA and all the glitches will make perfect sense

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Just pretend you're in TNA and all the glitches will make perfect sense

It's actually quite simple.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Veryslightlymad posted:

The Authority has reviewed the tape and determined that in fact you were speared through the table.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Gaz-L posted:

Well, technically your back went through the table first?

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

The Authority has reviewed the tape and determined that in fact you were speared through the table.

You are both correct, thats why Big Show Steven Richards is your new champion.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Big E. I'd have kept it, but as cool as Big E is in reality, he's unfun to play as in this game.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Last TEW16 update of the week reveals that in addition to weight classes, workers will also have body types. Changing them has subtle stat effects the same way changing weight class does - going from skinny to ripped, for example, might boost star power a bit but pull down stamina, etc.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So I tried to get the key back for my copy of TEW 2013.
Me: Sorry, HDD got wiped, lost access to my ISP E-Mail. Need Key.
Them: Can you give us the info from the transaction.
Me: Ok (gives the information I used to buy the game, including the E-Mail).
Them: Ok, resent the receipt.
(no receipt).
Me: Did you...did you send it to the ISP E-mail I lost access to?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Lady Naga posted:

That's good, it sucks that he can't do it in WWE itself so it's nice it's still in.

He also has God's Last Gift as a signature, which is fun as hell. I was at my friend's yesterday and we screwed around with his Universe Mode a bit. I played two matches as Seth, and his moveset in that game is sick

Diddums
Jan 31, 2014

Jenny Angel posted:

He also has God's Last Gift as a signature, which is fun as hell. I was at my friend's yesterday and we screwed around with his Universe Mode a bit. I played two matches as Seth, and his moveset in that game is sick

NL fooled around with his phoenix splash, and got him to jump over the ring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyyqKqCt_s0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Diddums posted:

NL fooled around with his phoenix splash, and got him to jump over the ring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyyqKqCt_s0

im impressed that you can botch it and land gut first onto the top rope