Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

UnoriginalMind posted:

Does Trump always fluctuate like this during debates?

He literally said Bush knowingly lied about Iraq's WMD program. I have no idea how that's going to shake out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Trump going full retard on 9/11 could be the beginning of the end for him. For real this time!

GWB's approval rating among GOP voters is extremely high.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
If Trump's going to end up collapsing after this, I'm probably cutting my losses. My god. If he throws away a 17 point lead, I clearly can't predict what will happen in any of these markets at *all*

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Arkane posted:

Trump going full retard on 9/11 could be the beginning of the end for him. For real this time!

GWB's approval rating among GOP voters is extremely high.

I thought like 40% of Americans believe "bush knew" ??

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
lol this will not stump the trump

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
They're all hurting each other, I'm honestly not sure that anyone watching this that supported him before will be swayed to any of these damaged goods. And now Rubio suicide bombing Cruz on immigration.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Has any candidate for president hated anyone as much as Trump hates Jeb?

He LOATHES him.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
At first I was thinking this was going to hurt Trump but everyone looks like a shithead coming out of this.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
People are naturally doing their sell trump shuffle on PI. Get your cheap trumps while you can

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Necc0 posted:

At first I was thinking this was going to hurt Trump but everyone looks like a shithead coming out of this.

It's exactly what most goons were hoping for in terms of the GOP eating itself. The average voter is still going to like Trump most because he tells it like it is.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a cop posted:

It's exactly what most goons were hoping for in terms of the GOP eating itself. The average voter is still going to like Trump most because he tells it like it is.

The party really is eating itself. It's what I wanted to happen, but not what I thought would happen.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

watwat posted:

People are naturally doing their sell trump shuffle on PI. Get your cheap trumps while you can

Snapped up a few SC YES at .77

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
So full no sweep on the tree debate questions it looks like.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

watwat posted:

So full no sweep on the tree debate questions it looks like.

Yuppp. Glad I hedged my no's on "push polls", but wish I went for a 3 no clean sweep.

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Getting some Trump poll 35% at 46 (buy was at 60 earlier)...I think after a SC and quite possibly NV win, that the price will shoot back up for either a flip or a hold. Hopefully this is the bottom.

The Real Paddy has issued a correction as of 05:25 on Feb 14, 2016

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The Real Paddy posted:

Getting some Trump poll 35% at 46 (buy was at 60 earlier)...I think after a SC and quite possibly NV win, that the price will shoot back up for either a flip or a hold. Hopefully this is the bottom.

With the recent polls he'd have to perform spectacularly for a hold to pay off. Just hope that people are bad at math for a flip.

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

a cop posted:

With the recent polls he'd have to perform spectacularly for a hold to pay off. Just hope that people are bad at math for a flip.

It got to 60 or 61 before, and there was a national with Trump at 44 post-NH. My thinking is that it won't be too unreasonable to expect bumps post-SC, since we've seen that sort of behavior before. But yeah, I'm not planning on a hold.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The Real Paddy posted:

It got to 60 or 61 before, and there was a national with Trump at 44 post-NH. My thinking is that it won't be too unreasonable to expect bumps post-SC, since we've seen that sort of behavior before. But yeah, I'm not planning on a hold.

Whoa what?? Where's the 44% one? The rules state that it's based upon http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html .

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Real Paddy posted:

I'm on the opposite side of that trade....I've got about 700 NO in that contract.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Trump SC has recovered to pre-debate levels but Trump RNOM has not, able to buy at .42

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/269229-poll-over-4-in-10-back-trump-nationwide

From Morning Consult, which I had thought was reputable...guess it could be an outlier?

"Morning Consult conducted its latest poll of 710 Republican and Republican-leaning independent voters nationwide Feb. 10-11. It has a 3.7 percentage point margin of error."

[edit] - I'm just anticipating a post SC-bounce in share price, not making predictions aside from that, but I guess we'll see.

The Real Paddy has issued a correction as of 05:43 on Feb 14, 2016

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Who cares if they're disreputable? RCP accepts them and PI accepts RCP, that's all that matters.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
RCP doesn't accept morning consult

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Aliquid posted:

Who cares if they're disreputable? RCP accepts them and PI accepts RCP, that's all that matters.

RCP does not use Morning Consult's online "poll."

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Arkane posted:

RCP does not use Morning Consult's online "poll."

Wow, you're right. It's been ten days since a real update.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Bought my Trump YES for SC during tonight's debate. Anyone holding Trump NO?

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Aliquid posted:

This is true, I saw it as a possible data point for future polls that are accepted by the RCP. Guess we'll see since it's all hypothetical at this point.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I want a market on the next SCOTUS justice’s religion.

It’s degenerate gambling territory, but it could be interesting.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Since it does appear I was wrong as all gently caress about Cruz surging ahead, what's you guy's opinion on his placement in SC, 2nd or 3rd?

I think I'm just getting worn out by all the Trump idiots in my life and am now just really, really hoping he gets stumped so they'll stop with the blithering idiocy.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Gonna wait on a poll. I flipped a bunch of Kasich SC last night.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Just bought both Cruz and Rubio 2nd and flipped them in seconds. Liquidity owns

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Gyges posted:

Since it does appear I was wrong as all gently caress about Cruz surging ahead, what's you guy's opinion on his placement in SC, 2nd or 3rd?
I took all the signs as indication he'll place a firm 2nd (5%-6% higher than 3rd). He's a tailor fit for the state and if Trump disappeared today he'd soak up all of his support there. We're seeing the exact opposite of establishment coalescence so none of the three GOPe candidates pose a risk to him in my opinion.

3rd place market is throwing curveballs --- I still don't think a moderate Republican like Kaisich will unseat a regional favorite like Bush from 3rd, if anyone does it'll be Rubio.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Yeah, he doesn't have the organization or money. Kasich will be 4th or 5th easily.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Aliquid posted:

Yeah, he doesn't have the organization or money. Kasich will be 4th or 5th easily.
Good buys at 3rd place NO... what is it high 70s/low 80s? Not a bad return for one week. I'm all tied up at the moment but I own 600 shares from when the market initially opened. Also have 250 of Cruz NO cause he's got 2nd easily.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
I got 456 shares of Kasich NO for **2nd** in South Carolina @ 86 cents. Not too shabby.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

railroad terror posted:

I got 456 shares of Kasich NO for **2nd** in South Carolina @ 86 cents. Not too shabby.

Thanks for the tip. I got the last 78 of them at that price

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I can't believe how easy it is to make money w/ this site. I've almost recovered my losses in the stock market over the last year! It's going to suck when this election season ends..

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Was putting some thought into the polling markets- how exactly are those averages calculated for the purposes of paying out or not on PI? Is it just the "RCP Average" up there at the top of http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html ? If that's the case Trump would need to perform absurdly well nationally in order for that to possibly resolve as a yes. Seems like "no" is pretty crazy underpriced, right? What are the odds that several polls come out with Trump at 40-50% over the course of the next few weeks?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

a cop posted:

Was putting some thought into the polling markets- how exactly are those averages calculated for the purposes of paying out or not on PI?

Always in the most stupid, exploitable way possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
For Trump to hit 35%, he just needs a couple polls to go his way. If PPP does a new poll before the end of the month or more polls come in that 25 is likely to be rolled off. Hell, with RCP there's not telling if all the polls they're using now are gone by the end of the month.

• Locked thread