Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

aghastly posted:

Yeah that came up in the inspection. They're an asphalt-asbestos combo that were laid in the mid-'50s, but unless I'm dying to rip them up they're (allegedly) safe, according to the group that tested them. I think the floor's awesome though, I'll keep them until I can afford to safely remove them.

Thanks! I'm glad y'all like it. I don't have a picture of the kitchen and floor handy, but the floor and blue continued all the way into the living room. Even the ceiling was a light shade of blue (you can't tell in the photo because it's overshadowed by how blue the walls are), and painting it was a nightmare.

Here's the living room now.

I think it looks like the cafeteria for a regional government building. Your kitchen and living room look like a county DMV or perhaps the waiting room in the Dayton Ohio office of the department of transportation. In any case, if you ask me, it isn't a good look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I got a new coffee table. I'm not actually moving for another month, but the thing was on its way out of stock, and I didn't want to wait and hope that something I liked as much would turn up at the same price later.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Magic Underwear posted:

I think it looks like the cafeteria for a regional government building. Your kitchen and living room look like a county DMV or perhaps the waiting room in the Dayton Ohio office of the department of transportation. In any case, if you ask me, it isn't a good look.

I disagree, it's not too bad, definitely not as bad as the cabinet and wall colors that were replaced. I don't think I would install something like that in my own home, but it is definitely more interesting and unique than some boring carpet or something.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Got this bag from Ernest Alexander. It's on sale because of Valentine's Day? Not that I'm complaining.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

I don't bother to post this stuff most of the time but I've been flipping houses for a while now, here's my latest kitchen (in progress)

Basically every day I'm buying drywall or faucets or some tile, none of it particularly nice or interesting considering the locale and price of these houses

Robawesome has a new favorite as of 04:51 on Feb 13, 2016

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Pretty darn happy with it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Got this hoodie a few days ago.

The more I buy stupid manchildy shirts and hoodies like this, the more I find I enjoy them if they require a second glance to see that they are manchildy stuff.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

:swoon:

Anything with a volt meter is a good purchase.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

CaseFace McGee posted:

:swoon:

Anything with a volt meter is a good purchase.

VU meter :eng101:

Also nice, very nice. Marantz rules.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Should I not have my turntable directly on top of my receiver?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

colas posted:

"The key consideration is that your turntable should be as level as possible; this keeps the stylus from applying uneven pressure to your records. In addition, avoid stacking your turntable directly on top of another electronic component, as this can lead to electrical interference that degrades the audio signal."

Says WikiHow, so who knows if this is actually true.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Marantz receivers are the business. On a related note, picked up some LP's from the local swap meet.

Being played through a not as good Marantz.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

colas posted:

Preferably not, especially if it's a flimsy modern one (no none of them are unflimsy) because you don't want any unnecessary give on the thing the record player is resting on.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Metanaut posted:

I had my doubts about IPS

what the gently caress

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Probably the extra cost for IPS

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I bought a used calculator for 7,50€. When I turned on it showed me a loving menu instead of going into "let me calcule things for you" mode. This is poo poo.

e: It's extremely clean though. I doubt it's ever been used. And the buttons are nice and big.

Kringy
Dec 31, 2008

Buzz Rickson's 1910 USN Peacoat. Fat mustache not included.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Kringy posted:

Fat mustache not included.

then get your goddamn money back.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

new Kanye album

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MisterBibs posted:

Got this hoodie a few days ago.

The more I buy stupid manchildy shirts and hoodies like this, the more I find I enjoy them if they require a second glance to see that they are manchildy stuff.

I normally hate stuff like this but I would buy a t-shirt or tank top with that in a heartbeat.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

I bought a used calculator for 7,50€. When I turned on it showed me a loving menu instead of going into "let me calcule things for you" mode. This is poo poo.

e: It's extremely clean though. I doubt it's ever been used. And the buttons are nice and big.

What games you got on that thing?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

What games you got on that thing?

Well it's Turing-complete, so technically all of them.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Jerry Cotton posted:

Well it's Turing-complete, so technically all of them.

Well, 32KB of them

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

taqueso posted:

Well, 32KB of them

http://casiomaniac69.tripod.com/game.html

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Kringy posted:

Buzz Rickson's 1910 USN Peacoat. Fat mustache not included.

he got that ted cruz arm game

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

"Doom" "3"

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

colas posted:

Receivers can get hot. Let them breathe.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

new/old watch.

Kosh Naranek
Mar 8, 2008

Understanding is a three edged sword. Your side, their side, and a pair of ruby slippers.
I have the QC25 for when I am travelling/flying, but needed some in-ears for work and other times. Had them for a few days now and I don't regret the purchase at all. They are amazing, all noice (coworkers) dissapear and life is good!

TIme to get makin'

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Bought some new gait belts

Stylish AND practical

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Wanamingo posted:

Stylish AND practical

I had one of these when I was 5. I never knew I was so fashion-forward.

I bought a good breakfast.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Wanamingo posted:

Bought some new gait belts

Stylish AND practical

Love the purple, but you can't clean it :(

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Bit of shopping on Sunday

(the kitty is a resin hair barrette about four inches wide)

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

That showerhead I bought is rad as gently caress and I cant believe I had been using a 1.5gpm nozzle this entire time. I imagine my landlord is not going to appreciate the sudden rise in his water bill for my place.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Amish Mafia is a poo poo TV show.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

SaltLick posted:

That showerhead I bought is rad as gently caress and I cant believe I had been using a 1.5gpm nozzle this entire time. I imagine my landlord is not going to appreciate the sudden rise in his water bill for my place.

gently caress him. Start Folding@home if he complains.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Dell U3415W

Needed a new monitor.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
T-shirt (pictured) for my daughter (not pictured):

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Bought a new headunit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

LifeSunDeath posted:

Love the purple, but you can't clean it :(

It only cost $10, no big deal if I have to throw it out.