Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ross Angeles posted:

That's why Kevin Durant is coming to the lakers yall

You misspelled Warriors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

warcrimes posted:

You misspelled Warriors

lol

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I mean, c'mon LeBron, who even knows where Cleveland is.

Sail down the river til your boat burns down.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I have lived in Houston, Bay Area and now Portland.

Portland is the best place and the public transit is loving outstanding. Not having to drive a car to work downtown is a liberating feeling.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Am I the only one who wants the Raiders to stay in Oakland? (ideally not in o.co obviously :nexus:)

If the Raiders leave all us Bay Area folk have to look forward to is Chip Kelly's lip action

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Mark is starting to look really, really dumb for not getting in on Levi's on the ground floor imo.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
While at the super bowl last weekend, most raider fans seemed very optimistic about the Raiders staying in Oakland and a new stadium being built for both them and the As. Maybe it is blind faith but a common conversation topic and sentiment

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

zen death robot posted:

They still do combination baseball/football stadiums?

No the dream is two new stadiums, but what's actually going to happen is that the Coliseum will get renovated and used for baseball only, and the Raiders will get told to take a hike.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kirios posted:

I have lived in Houston, Bay Area and now Portland.

Portland is the best place and the public transit is loving outstanding. Not having to drive a car to work downtown is a liberating feeling.

Enjoy it while it lasts. Cascadia Subduction Zone and everything.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Kirios posted:

Not having to drive a car to work downtown is a liberating feeling.

I found having to wait for a subway train to come and then sit on it in a tunnel while they repeatedly tell me the delay is "momentary" to be the opposite of liberating.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

kiimo posted:

Enjoy it while it lasts. Cascadia Subduction Zone and everything.

Lol, you never know when that poo poo'll go. Could be another 1000 years before we get the big one.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kirios posted:

Not having to drive a car to work downtown is a liberating feeling.
I feel the same way about Chicago :D

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I like driving to work because my job is literally never in the same place from day to day.

I loving hate going to body shops to write estimates but my freedom of movement is so goddamn liberating.

Plus I don't have to go into the office and listen to dumb office bullshit unless I need their speedy Internet connection.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

if you've never filled out your timecard on your laptop while using your phone as a mobile hotspot while standing on a street corner in compton by a church's chicken specifically mentioned by kendrick lamar then i don't know what to tell you. you haven't lived, or had sex with andy dalton.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Never did that but I was doing an inspection in East Palo Alto and I heard gunshots like three houses down. I noped the gently caress outta there pretty goddamn fast. The same day a bored housewife in Los Altos Hills scolded me for running my car for too long.

Our Oakland adjusters regularly get carjacked, like one a year. I mean if you leave your car unlocked and running with you sitting in the passenger seat, what the gently caress else do you think is going to happen?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Never did that but I was doing an inspection in East Palo Alto and I heard gunshots like three houses down. I noped the gently caress outta there pretty goddamn fast. The same day a bored housewife in Los Altos Hills scolded me for running my car for too long.

Our Oakland adjusters regularly get carjacked, like one a year. I mean if you leave your car unlocked and running with you sitting in the passenger seat, what the gently caress else do you think is going to happen?

:psyduck:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

it's funny cause we regularly work in the hood on this project but the one place we've had a major theft (2 laptops + some ethernet switches) was in alhambra lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I went to the nexus museum in Alhambra and stood in line for five hours in June.

I'm really dumb

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Car running to run the generator to power the laptop. Then most insurance adjusters are fat as hell so good luck sitting in your driver seat to work on your laptop.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Car running to run the generator to power the laptop. Then most insurance adjusters are fat as hell so good luck sitting in your driver seat to work on your laptop.

that's awful, i couldn't imagine having to sit in my car to power my laptop in the summer, that sounds horrible. luckily i get to use open outlets in the traffic signal cabinets :shittydog:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
My dad filled fire extinguishers mainly in the Ontario/Montclair/Pomona area but every once in a while he went on a job that required us (since he'd often take me to these since I've always been a night person) being in the heart of LA at midnight. We never had any crime done towards us, but we saw some crazy poo poo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Only way Peyton goes to the Rams is as the OC.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Most places have humidity. gently caress those places.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
any summer temps over 80 degrees is disgusting and inhuman and might as well be Texas

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
What are the current odds for Raiders:
1) Getting a new arena in Oakland/San Jose?
2) Going to Vegas?
3) Going to San Antonio?
4) Going somewhere new, like Portland or Vancouver?

Glass of Milk posted:

Most places have humidity. gently caress those places.

I'd rather feel gross for two months out of the year than have nosebleeds for 6 months straight. It's why Jesus invented AC.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

You forgot 5.) Going wherever the Chargers decide to not go. LA or San Diego.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Ross Angeles posted:

You forgot 5.) Going wherever the Chargers decide to not go. LA or San Diego.

LA would be the most preferable for them I think. Then maybe San Antonio/Vegas/Whatever they can get a great deal with. Then maybe a Hail Mary for SD/St Louis.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
6.) Skull Boat.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
7) Mad Max

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
The raiders are either cohabbing with the rams, although I'm not really sure how Davis affords the relocation fee, or they stay in their busted old stadium (most likely). Proud of the city of Oakland for standing up to the NFL

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Davis pays the relocation fee probably in annual payments. I mean, each NFL owner gets a check for like 200 million dollars a year just for TV contracts and stuff

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ammanas posted:

The raiders are either cohabbing with the rams, although I'm not really sure how Davis affords the relocation fee, or they stay in their busted old stadium (most likely). Proud of the city of Oakland for standing up to the NFL

That stadium is practically on the verge of being condemned and the Raiders will never sign anything longer than a 1 year lease there. Also there's no way in hell they go to San Diego with two teams in LA. As far as relocation fees, they got a $100 million bonus for being the losers of the LA deal, and they could possibly get the relocation fee waived to move somewhere where there isn't competition since no one can argue they haven't tried to get a deal done in Oakland. The owners really don't want them in LA though.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Sash! posted:

I found having to wait for a subway train to come and then sit on it in a tunnel while they repeatedly tell me the delay is "momentary" to be the opposite of liberating.

The guy masturbating across the aisle is the liberating part.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Donkwich posted:

7) Mad Max

A mobile stadium!

*the date of the Raiders game approaches in Kansas City*

*a massive dust cloud builds on the western horizon*

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Volkerball posted:

That stadium is practically on the verge of being condemned and the Raiders will never sign anything longer than a 1 year lease there. Also there's no way in hell they go to San Diego with two teams in LA. As far as relocation fees, they got a $100 million bonus for being the losers of the LA deal, and they could possibly get the relocation fee waived to move somewhere where there isn't competition since no one can argue they haven't tried to get a deal done in Oakland. The owners really don't want them in LA though.

That $100 million was an award for staying where they are to help finance a new stadium, not 'here's $100 million ya loser gl next time'.

The stadium sucks but its not about to be condemned you're happily parroting Owner Bullshit

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Raiders living in an old, dilapidated, and dangerous stadium actually makes them cooler, like they're squatting derelicts :black101:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Donkwich posted:

Raiders living in an old, dilapidated, and dangerous stadium actually makes them cooler, like they're squatting derelicts :black101:

It's the same reason the Packers and Bills own for being so far north, yet still playing in open stadiums. :black101:

Cardinals, make your new stadium open too. Play through the heatstroke. Join the hardcore.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It doesn't have a greater than 50% chance of happening, but doesn't San Diego staying put and the Raiders going to LA seem like a plausible outcome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Toilet Mouth posted:

It doesn't have a greater than 50% chance of happening, but doesn't San Diego staying put and the Raiders going to LA seem like a plausible outcome?

Yes, if by some miracle the Chargers run out the clock without committing then the Raiders would probably go to LA.

• Locked thread