Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Games Academy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I'm gonna be super impressed when c9 manages to throw against these CoD kids

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bohemian Nights posted:

I'm gonna be super impressed when c9 manages to throw against these CoD kids
Considering the map pool, it's definitely likely.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Looked at twitch, c9 down 7-2 to some team i never heard of called optik gaming while playing ct side of inferno. Yeah I'd like to seem them defend against envyus.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Goofballs posted:

Looked at twitch, c9 down 7-2 to some team i never heard of called optik gaming while playing ct side of inferno. Yeah I'd like to seem them defend against envyus.
OpTic = ex-Conquest

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Goofballs posted:

Optic is Shahzam's new team. The organization is a CoD one I think.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I remember shazam from when he was on c9 at some major I think and he awped his own teammate after being warned that he would be crossing his angle.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Goofballs posted:

I remember shazam from when he was on c9 at some major I think and he awped his own teammate after being warned that he would be crossing his angle.
That was Katowice 2015.

Also CLG is getting destroyed on Inferno by Tempo Storm. It's entertaining.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

I'm sorry Kory

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
stewie2k(ills)

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Is competitive PC call of duty anything like cs? ive only played it on consoles.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Pookum posted:

Is competitive PC call of duty anything like cs? ive only played it on consoles.

yeh

stump collector
May 28, 2007
not enough people play PC call of duty titles to support a comp scene

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I thought you went to jail for doing what tempo storm is doing to CLG on inferno right now

it's a pretty hilarious contrast to how lovely c9 was as CT on inferno

computerality
May 6, 2006
There is another CS:GO LAN in NYC(Gowanus) Saturday March 5th. Tickets are ~$25. It was pretty fun and there were about 7 teams at the last one. If 4 people want to come, we can make a team.
http://www.cgnylan.com/events/show/6

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I'm kind of wondering how well Luminosity would be doing had they picked up HEN1 instead of TACO. They would have had a very strong secondary AWPer but I don't know how well he does with rifles.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

soon there are going to be so many good teams that NA won't even be able to qualify for LAN events.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

I'm disappointed that you can't see from this image that the map was loving TRAIN

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Photex posted:

soon there are going to be so many good teams that NA won't even be able to qualify for LAN events.

Even if the Brazilians weren't destroying NA STILL shouldn't qualify for ANYTHING. All "pro" NA teams are loving trash compared to the rest of the world.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

^ Yep. LG is pretty much the only chance two loving continents have at competing. Honestly watching Fallen coach an FPL pug back from a 3-13 deficit on cobble (who started as CTs) really made me realize why LG is such a threat. Dude's just smart. Not to mention everyone on the team can switch on at any time.

exethan posted:

not enough people play PC call of duty titles to support a comp scene

I still think the skill ceiling isn't high enough in CoD to support true competitive, uh, anything. The game really is just continued watered down garbage.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 15, 2016

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

fennesz posted:

^ Yep. LG is pretty much the only chance two loving continents have at competing. Honestly watching Fallen coach an FPL pug back from a 3-13 deficit on cobble (who started as CTs) really made me realize why LG is such a threat. Dude's just smart. Not to mention everyone on the team can switch on at any time.

Let's see if he can coach GA into a win from a 11-4 deficit against C9 now

e:nnnnope
e2: vvv ayyyup. plus 4 of absolute top NA players are banned forever.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Feb 15, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Even if the Brazilians weren't destroying NA STILL shouldn't qualify for ANYTHING. All "pro" NA teams are loving trash compared to the rest of the world.
The main reason I've heard is that the talent is spread way too thin for any one team right now to be effective. An NA superteam of, say, shroud, skadoodle, roca, Hiko, and NAF with seang@res coaching could make waves internationally, but egos and contracts get in the way. It's a drat shame.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
This is the only thorin video i'll ever link but i think some of what he says applies to NA players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozTelG6AC9g

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Got a stattrak r8

Playing with nothing else

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The C9/TS score was 12-4 when I went off to DM for a bit. I come back and it's 14-13.

Choke9

e: 16-14 TS. The hope of NA really is Brazil.

symbolic fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 15, 2016

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

nothing has no idea how to play t side

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

trying to jack off posted:

nothing has no idea how to play t side
Their fatal mistake was picking up another PUG star instead of an IGL.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Can someone answer this question? Why and the ever loving gently caress is Thorin decked out like he's about to embark on a summit attempt on Everest for EVERY one of his loving videos? I could at least understand if all of his clothes had CSGO betting websites plastered all over them.

Someone setup a GoFundMe to get his heat turned on for fucks sake.

:wtc:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Whelp.

:911:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I turned it on at 15/15.

C9 had the bomb down with 2 alive. They both peek into the retake one by one. I can't believe they keep doing poo poo like that. I'm not even sure if they pop flashed first.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

Tempo storm just upset the whole of NA in a single day.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Maguro posted:

Tempo storm just upset the whole of NA in a single day.

symbolic posted:

The hope of NA really is Brazil.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

:vince: Tempo Storm :vince:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I'm glad TS is not in Group A for Katowice. They only have to deal with a relatively weak NV, an inconsistent Astralis, a very weak VP, a very inconsistent FaZe, and E-Frag as opposed to three on-fire teams in the form of Fnatic, Na'Vi, and Luminosity as well as NiP, mousesports, and Mongolz.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

fennesz posted:

Can someone answer this question? Why and the ever loving gently caress is Thorin decked out like he's about to embark on a summit attempt on Everest for EVERY one of his loving videos? I could at least understand if all of his clothes had CSGO betting websites plastered all over them.

Someone setup a GoFundMe to get his heat turned on for fucks sake.

:wtc:

Why do you watch his videos? Like, do people really sit down to watch an often completely wrong manchild talk about video games for half an hour plus?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

qhat posted:

Why do you watch his videos? Like, do people really sit down to watch an often completely wrong manchild talk about video games for half an hour plus?

I've clicked on, like, 8 posted in this thread or random reddit threads. I've watched listened to his content for a grand total of like 15 minutes.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Games › Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - new thread new sens, same old NA CS

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

fennesz posted:

I've clicked on, like, 8 posted in this thread or random reddit threads. I've watched listened to his content for a grand total of like 15 minutes.

Sometimes it seems as though he's talking about something and that he probably has an interesting angle on it, but god drat I'm not going to sit through 25-35 minutes of video games history to figure out what that is. Most of what he says could be said in 5 minutes or less. He's like the retarded guy who talks for ages about the intricacies of how train ticketing systems work, when really you just wanted to know what the fare was.

qhat fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Feb 15, 2016

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

qhat posted:

He's like the retarded guy who talks for ages about the intricacies of how train ticketing systems work, when really you just wanted to know what the fare was.

So what are the intricacies of the ticketing system?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
IEM Katowice is boring

I just want MongolZ to qualify for MLG Columbus