Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

EATING RAW HORSERADISH. The bitterness represents how bitter I am at being made to eat raw loving horseradish.

Raw horseradish is the bomb. Especially with some salted beef. Put that on a bit of bread, maybe with some mixed greens and boom. Sandwich of the champions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Samovar posted:

Raw horseradish is the bomb. Especially with some salted beef. Put that on a bit of bread, maybe with some mixed greens and boom. Sandwich of the champions.

Patty of ground beef on a slice of white bread, panfried and served with raw onion, pickled beets, horseradish, capers, pickles and a raw egg yolk on the top.

You are welcome.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

ToxicSlurpee posted:

They want the narrative to be that it was the evil, oppressive feds ambushing true patriots, murdering an innocent man in cold blood, and destroying anybody that wants true freedom.

Pretty much this. If they go with "He ran and was shot when he was stopped" it's not such a blatant case of premeditated murder by evil agents of Obama that swore new allegences to $hillary.

I mean yeah, to any competent person it's just a standard roadblock that the cops set up for anyone running from them. But to the nutter this was cold blooded murder and everyone should be outraged. the fact that so few of them bothered with the raw footage and instead flock to youtube channels for nutters that "analyzed" the footage and pointed out that some random pixel is a bullet or a muzzle flash or evil agents tenting their fingers ala Mr. Burns doesn't help end the narrative.
Personally it leaves me conflicted. I want the government to crack down on these fruit loops to put a stop to this bullshit before someone else gets hurt or their life destroyed by some nut but if they do it just feeds the sov citizen mantra and violates a rather important right.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Mr Interweb posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amhLSg9XUWo

God, why are reporters so useless so often?

Reporter: Mrs. Fiore, do you advocate more armed anti-goverment action like what we just saw for the past month?
Fiore: Did the militia actually POINT their guns at anyone, smart guy? :smug:
Reporter: Uh, well I guess not, so I withdraw the question :(

When an idiot like Fiore asks a dumbass question like that, the simple response is: "They were constantly threatening to KILL ANYONE THAT TRIED TO STOP THEM!"

This isn't loving hard people!

"They did in 2014. The FBI didn't offer them a target this time." would also be acceptable.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Samovar posted:

I use horseradish sauce with my sandwiches. drat tasty. Unless there's egg on it, egg and horseradish together tastes kinda :barf:

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

site posted:

maybe if you smoked weed you could finally pass the bar

:captainpop:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Samovar posted:

Right, but take all the other stuff away.

That's the point of it. The bitterness is supposed to represent all the poo poo that's happened to the jews, so it's not like "the bitter moror, here put this on your latkes!"

No, you just have to eat the horseradish. Which is okay if you have a stuffy nose you wanna get rid of in a hurry, i guess.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Do they make you eat the whole bowl or something? Just take a bite and you're done.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Do they make you eat the whole bowl or something? Just take a bite and you're done.

No, bit you could say I'm ... a little bitter at being made to eat some raw horseradish as a child.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Seriously, getting to celebrate passover was like the biggest perk of marrying into a jewish family. The holiday rocks, and the food is awesome. Everybody should try a Seder if they get the opportunity.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

No, bit you could say I'm ... a little bitter at being made to eat some raw horseradish as a child.

I didn't like it either at the time, but it was better than the gefilte fish. Passover dinners became much better once we stopped going to dad's family for the event.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Seriously, getting to celebrate passover was like the biggest perk of marrying into a jewish family. The holiday rocks, and the food is awesome. Everybody should try a Seder if they get the opportunity.

I'm going to add that Babka is amazing just so I'm not empty quoting

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Four mandatory glasses of wine? Hell yes it rocks. We were so drunk my friend found matzah in his xbox.

Charoset ++

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
A little pinch of raw horseradish never hurt anybody. That feeling of relief as the horseradish burn subsides is one of the good simple pleasures in life.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Well, to each their own ~

I'll stop derailing now.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
So when will we start hearing more news about court stuff?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

theflyingorc posted:

Why the hell does it matter if it was an "ambush" or not?

People think that law enforcement is in the business of fair fights. They are not.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Telsa Cola posted:

Not much to update, everything's still the same.
The 4 fuckups still plead not guilty
Bundys are still up shits creek
Cliven is facing down a possible 60 year sentence and a couple million in fines on top of what he already owes
Some fuckstick SC planning to launch a new occupy federal land shot and killed his 2nd over an argument, so he's going to jail
Fry's still cosplaying Fred Flintstone in a jail cell
Federal employees are cleaning up the shitsty left behind and tallying damages
Ammon is still drilling holes in his defense ship by being vocal so it sinks on launch

Ignoring the fact the feds have a pretty solid case, you know these fucks are going to prison because sovereign citizens always, ALWAYS make legal poo poo a clusterfuck for themselves because they have to contest everything because ARE RIGHTS

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

SocketWrench posted:

Some fuckstick SC planning to launch a new occupy federal land shot and killed his 2nd over an argument, so he's going to jail

Wait what?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

SocketWrench posted:

Seconded. I heard about the 2 drunk gun nuts where one thought his friend was pulling his firearm so he quickdrawed and shot his friend square in the eyes, but this is new.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/anti-obama-march-organizer-fatally-shoots-right-wing-militant-buddy-in-drunken-dispute-over-gun/

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

SocketWrench posted:

Ignoring the fact the feds have a pretty solid case, you know these fucks are going to prison because sovereign citizens always, ALWAYS make legal poo poo a clusterfuck for themselves because they have to contest everything because ARE RIGHTS

One caveat is that not all of these folks are necessarily sovcits- the occupation was a mix of several different fringe conservative movements.

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme
Mr Nevada Ranger apparently also dick (but apparently no stolen valor with this guy); http://www.reviewjournal.com/columns-blogs/john-l-smith/new-lawmaker-law-breaker

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Telsa Cola posted:

The justice system is famously slow so I wouldn't be surprised if it took years to finally get this stuff resolved. Gonna be a long couple years for these guys, who don't get bail and probably won't get out of a cell for a long time.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

many johnnys posted:

The justice system is famously slow so I wouldn't be surprised if it took years to finally get this stuff resolved. Gonna be a long couple years for these guys, who don't get bail and probably won't get out of a cell for a long time.

Wanna be a fly on the wall of Sandy's cell

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Telsa Cola posted:

Wanna be a fly on the wall of Sandy's cell

Same but only if it's got closed captions and I can put it on mute because her accent is some of the most annoying poo poo this side of the Mason Dixon line.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

FAUXTON posted:

Same but only if it's got closed captions and I can put it on mute because her accent is some of the most annoying poo poo this side of the Mason Dixon line.

Holy poo poo you ain't kidding.

I think some of these guys may eventually plead out, except for the hard believers like Ammon. I imagine he thinks this is the way to further inspire more patriots for the next Great Uprising near you.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Grem posted:

People think that law enforcement is in the business of fair fights. They are not.

"But they didn't stand still and let me use my super reflexes like Die Hard!"

These guys do seem think that the world functions on Hollywood rules where the faceless cops or government goons are easily mowed down by the important characters and just cannot fathom that they aren't the big heroes who are supposed to win. If the enemy didn't then it's because they pulled some dirty trick that they just need a brainstorming scene or reinforcements to defeat.

It's fascinating to see just how childish their worldview really is.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Geostomp posted:

"But they didn't stand still and let me use my super reflexes like Die Hard!"

These guys do seem think that the world functions on Hollywood rules where the faceless cops or government goons are easily mowed down by the important characters and just cannot fathom that they aren't the big heroes who are supposed to win. If the enemy didn't then it's because they pulled some dirty trick that they just need a brainstorming scene or reinforcements to defeat.

It's fascinating to see just how childish their worldview really is.

It's like at the end of Falling Down, where Michael Douglas is like "I'm the bad guy?" as though his rampage through LA was some righteous crusade.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
A lot of people still think he was the hero. Getting their power trip rocks off via a character terrorising people over trivial annoyances. "Well, I suppose it was technically wrong, but I know I've always wanted to do that."

And, as anyone who has ever worked retail will tell you, people like that are a depressingly large proportion of the population.

Now, imagine those same people with guns and believing they finally have an excuse to do just that. I'm not surprise 90% of the poo poo they talked about was hurting people. Oh, sorry, I meant "Judging traitors and hanging them legally according to the constitution."

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Feb 15, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Gorilla Salad posted:

A lot of people still think he was the hero. Getting their power trip rocks off via a character terrorising people over trivial annoyances. "Well, I suppose it was technically wrong, but I know I've always wanted to do that."

And, as anyone who has ever worked retail will tell you, people like that are a depressingly large proportion of the population.

It starts off being the secret revenge fantasy that plays out behind the eyeballs of every meek dork on the planet - instead of just paying the 85¢ for a can of Coke you just beat the poo poo out of the store, instead of giving up the briefcase you scare off a couple tough guys with a bat, instead of just nodding and taking the nazi gas can as a gift you murder the skinhead in his own shop basement - but then it goes off the deep end with the construction scene and the golf course poo poo (well maybe not the stupid hat scene because gently caress that guy) and finally the kidnapping and the showdown on the pier. Yeah, you're thinking Foster's the good guy fighting back against the assholes of the world but then he's very obviously batshit and has been since before the movie started, and it's only made more and more obvious with each scene becoming a bigger reaction to more and more trivial poo poo.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder what those people thought of "Fight Club"

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

At least Fight Club was obvious in making fun of Macho mentality.

They probably would hate it for its anti capitalist views.

Though if they were literate enough they would probably appreciate Projects Mayhem's attempt of romantisizing the fall of civilization for rugged hunting

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

max4me posted:

I wonder what those people thought of "Fight Club"

Too soon man.

His name was Lavoy Finicum

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Annointed posted:

Oh if only

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

SocketWrench posted:

Pretty much this. If they go with "He ran and was shot when he was stopped" it's not such a blatant case of premeditated murder by evil agents of Obama that swore new allegences to $hillary.

I mean yeah, to any competent person it's just a standard roadblock that the cops set up for anyone running from them. But to the nutter this was cold blooded murder and everyone should be outraged. the fact that so few of them bothered with the raw footage and instead flock to youtube channels for nutters that "analyzed" the footage and pointed out that some random pixel is a bullet or a muzzle flash or evil agents tenting their fingers ala Mr. Burns doesn't help end the narrative.
Personally it leaves me conflicted. I want the government to crack down on these fruit loops to put a stop to this bullshit before someone else gets hurt or their life destroyed by some nut but if they do it just feeds the sov citizen mantra and violates a rather important right.

I find it quite frightening how self-fuelling these narratives are. The sov cit bullshit at a routine traffic stop, for example, will often lead to our constitutional scholar's car being surrounded by several LEOs (for the previously discussed very good reasons). At which point the police state fantasy is vindicated for the sov cit.

There's a fair amount of evidence that the intention exists to nudge authority's arm so much that it shows its "true colours" - we saw this in Oregon, where they appeared to be desperate to annoy the feds so much that the black helicopters would actually turn up. Similarly, we've seen it tons of times with the open carry movement just being as belligerently inappropropriate as possible. I do wonder, though, how much and how consciously they are trying to create their tyrannical government scenario - to keep pushing their second amendment rights, say, until the government feels that it's a problem that has to be dealt with and has a stab at proper gun control. What I mean is that the belief that they're coming any day to take away your freedoms must need validation at some point, and the urge to create scenarios for which the current legal landscape is insufficient to protect "society", thus forcing the authorities to either act extralegally or to create more "oppressive" laws (either way, coming to resemble more the sovcit's evil dragon of tyranny) must exist.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Perfectly Safe posted:

There's a fair amount of evidence that the intention exists to nudge authority's arm so much that it shows its "true colours" - we saw this in Oregon, where they appeared to be desperate to annoy the feds so much that the black helicopters would actually turn up.

That's flat-out Insugency 101: insurgents commit provocative acts to lure the government into brutally overreacting, leading the population to sympathize with the rebels and mistrust the government.

I was going to find some authoritative quote, but poo poo if you just google "insurgency provoke over reaction" you get a zillion hits all identifying that as a core method for guerrrilla movements.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Oregonian/status/698321971101220864

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Annointed posted:

They probably would hate it for its anti capitalist views.

Though if they were literate enough they would probably appreciate Projects Mayhem's attempt of romantisizing the fall of civilization for rugged hunting
I assure you, there are vast swaths of the population who have no idea Fight Club was against toxic masculinity. Teahadis are not known for their grasp of subtlety or satire

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Didn't really peg David for being that ripped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

That's flat-out Insugency 101: insurgents commit provocative acts to lure the government into brutally overreacting, leading the population to sympathize with the rebels and mistrust the government.

I was going to find some authoritative quote, but poo poo if you just google "insurgency provoke over reaction" you get a zillion hits all identifying that as a core method for guerrrilla movements.

True, and this shows just how potentially dangerous these fools could be if they were just a bit more competent or latched onto a grievance with slightly more basis. We're very lucky that this group were such blustering, cowardly clowns with no real sense of tactics.

• Locked thread