Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pookum posted:

poo poo I missed logarius. Can I still go there after beating ROM and the one reborn? I'm almost regretting doing a blind play play through, I think I missed dark beast Paarl too

yep. cainhurst is always accessible. paarl too, for that matter. and you did the right thing w/ a blind playthrough. i wish i'd known less my first time through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pookum posted:

I beat the one reborn!. Couldn't figure out how to visceral him tho, He would put his head(rear end?) Down near the ground and not attack for a few sec but I guess I wasn't standing in the first right place.

It's the skeleton rider on top. Also it's pretty effective in NG to target the skeleton and toss oil and molotovs

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

frank.club posted:

It's the skeleton rider on top. Also it's pretty effective in NG to target the skeleton and toss oil and molotovs

Ah. I was attacking the other end since that guy throws fireballs at you. What areaa is the entrance to cainhurst in?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pookum posted:

Ah. I was attacking the other end since that guy throws fireballs at you. What areaa is the entrance to cainhurst in?

you need an item from a secret area you may have encountered in the forbidden forest (near the village gate) and then you go back to an optional side area where you may have seen cainhurst in the distance. spoiler for more details

there's a secret way back into the clinic you start in from the forbidden forest and you find an item called the cainhurst summons there. you take that to the obelisk in hemwick charnel lane.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
bloodtinge builds are really cool and have a lot of good weapon choices. chikage, reiterpallasch and simons bow blade, and the blood letter for str.....that ones rly strong. and for bullets u can have (in descending order of per-trigger press strength) cannon, repeating pistol, piercing rifle, evelyn....Gatling gun is really fun to use to mow down normal mobs. basically a huge chunk of the games gear is only used in btinge and it all owns

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got sidetracked by my DeS playthrough, but i'll definitely pick my bloodtinge guy back up at some point. i was going w/ saw speak and bowblade with the repeating pistol until i got around to kill logarius, who was my next target

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

scary ghost dog posted:

bloodtinge builds are really cool and have a lot of good weapon choices. chikage, reiterpallasch and simons bow blade, and the blood letter for str.....that ones rly strong. and for bullets u can have (in descending order of per-trigger press strength) cannon, repeating pistol, piercing rifle, evelyn....Gatling gun is really fun to use to mow down normal mobs. basically a huge chunk of the games gear is only used in btinge and it all owns

Where do you get all these weapons? I just unlocked the "above ground" tombstone but the guys there keep kicking my rear end. I think there's still a place in the forest i haven't gone yet.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I get super paranoid in these games and always double back my first time through to make sure I'm not missing poo poo. I get lost too and realize I just spent 3 mins walking back the way I just came. >.>

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

Where do you get all these weapons? I just unlocked the "above ground" tombstone but the guys there keep kicking my rear end. I think there's still a place in the forest i haven't gone yet.

two are in the secret castle and two are at the end of the dlc. i don't recommend a bloodtinge build for a first character at all

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Pookum posted:

poo poo I missed logarius. Can I still go there after beating ROM and the one reborn? I'm almost regretting doing a blind play play through, I think I missed dark beast Paarl too

The main thing you miss after Rom is pretty much every NPC dies. Logarius can be pretty hard so it makes sense not doing him as soon as possible

Here's my Pro Logarius Tip: Learn to parry and also don't use any damage type besides physical. I was stuck on him for a while because I was fighting him with a 2 handed weapon like an idiot, parry breaks the whole fight. Make sure to backstab when he charges up to enter his second form or he'll become immune to parries

Cainhurst is so loving cool

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Btw I guess it counts as a spoiler but if you just beat The One Reborn you're approaching the end of the game. Here's a bunch of poo poo you probably or definitely missed

Cainhurst
The back of the clinic, which you need to get to Cainhurst
Upper Cathedral Ward (Has a secret area inside itself too)
Nightmare Frontier
Abandoned Workshop, small area no boss but some hidden stuff

Dark Beast Paarl, but he doesn't unlock an area he actually unlocks a shortcut. You could've beat him early if you came to Yhargul early before Rom by getting kidnapped

Plus probably most of the NPC questlines and covenant stuff. There is a ridiculous amount of hidden poo poo, like to a degree most games don't do anymore. It owns

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Now that I've finished DSII I will be playing a tinge guy. Might go to Logarius immediately after Amelia and try to beat him ASAP for the early Chikage

drat you beat me to it.

Did you fight the new boss?

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Well I knew about the abandoned workshop, is upper cathedral ward where you find the badge that let's you buy Ludwig's blade?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

he's one of my least favorite fights in the whole series because of how boring he is to fight the right way, and how much luck there is in fighting him the fun way

there isnt any luck fighting him the way i do it. ive posted the video a few times already so ill spare u all again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pookum posted:

Well I knew about the abandoned workshop, is upper cathedral ward where you find the badge that let's you buy Ludwig's blade?

Yeah but the areas a lot bigger than you think, probably.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

there isnt any luck fighting him the way i do it. ive posted the video a few times already so ill spare u all again.

let me rephrase, the amount of luck for me in fighting him the fun way

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
If its your first run you should really try and find as much secret stuff as you can on your own

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Oh youre two thirds of the way through the game? Make sure you [spoiler]hit an illusory wall in blighttown swamp and find the cool weird landscape where theres no music and you can see the bottom of the world and there's a big fuckoff dragon ah it's the best mate

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fiction posted:

Oh youre two thirds of the way through the game? Make sure you [spoiler]hit an illusory wall in blighttown swamp and find the cool weird landscape where theres no music and you can see the bottom of the world and there's a big fuckoff dragon ah it's the best mate

That place is cool

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

In Training posted:

That place is cool

I only found it in ds1 because of a note on the ground in the tree and that's why I love dark souls

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I almost beat The One Reborn but he got me. Probably one of the most hosed up looking enemies I've seen in a game. I also got a surround sound system this week and it makes a huge difference for immersion

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

In Training posted:

Yeah but the areas a lot bigger than you think, probably.

Oh god I'm going to try to ignore this. I can't wait to beat this game so I can start over and do it all again!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Pablo Gigante posted:

I almost beat The One Reborn but he got me. Probably one of the most hosed up looking enemies I've seen in a game. I also got a surround sound system this week and it makes a huge difference for immersion

I'm adding to this, if you don't have a killer surround I highly recommend headphones. A40s are amazing headphones imo.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
playing DeS right now and it's surprisingly how quiet the game is in comparison

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I still jump drat near every time I walk into a crow and they make that terrible noise

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
weapon transformations sound so good I'm doing them all the time

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
trick weapons are great. i'm going to miss them. transform attacks add a whole new dimension to the combat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

weapon transformations sound so good I'm doing them all the time

I did this with the cane whip for about 6 hours straight on launch day

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Fiction posted:

When I get to the end of a souls game I always look up what I missed before I end the game because doing that poo poo on NG+ can be a pain, especially if it's like "Oh I wanted to use this weapon from the beginning of NG+, oh it's from the end of the game gently caress"

It's nice to go through the game blind sometimes but like, you're at the end of the game what's the point hiding it. NG+ starts off kinda assuming you know what you're doing

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

My favorite weapon transformation to spam is whirligig cuz it's like kachunk and he takes it apart then bzz sticks it back on

Tonitrus doesn't transform but it's really satisfying to refresh the buff over and over while you're running around and just listen to the lightning popping and then fade out

I have to turn the volume down when I'm playing cuz it annoys my wife so much

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I love swinging out the blades of mercy to transform them and pulling them apart

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wanna suck the sound designers dick

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I did this with the cane whip for about 6 hours straight on launch day

real talk for like 20 seconds I thought the transform on the cane was actually a flourish move to look cool

Dec 26, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

My favorite weapon transformation to spam is whirligig cuz it's like kachunk and he takes it apart then bzz sticks it back on

Tonitrus doesn't transform but it's really satisfying to refresh the buff over and over while you're running around and just listen to the lightning popping and then fade out

I have to turn the volume down when I'm playing cuz it annoys my wife so much

worth nothing: tonitrus/boom hammer don't have an actual transform but they still have transform attacks

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I really ought to stop following this thread as I've only been able to play the game when I visit my friend... who lives three hours away. Every day I get closer and closer to splurging on a ps4 + bloodborne...

it'll go down in price soon, r-right guys?

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
actually when you consider the fact that bloodborne just got a massive expansion, making 2015s GOTY even more amazing, it stands to reason that sony would start increasing the price of the ps4 now since the experience of playing bloodborne has only gotten more epic since the ps4s initial release

Dec 26, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

actually when you consider the fact that bloodborne just got a massive expansion, making 2015s GOTY even more amazing, it stands to reason that sony would start increasing the price of the ps4 now since the experience of playing bloodborne has only gotten more epic since the ps4s initial release

this

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Sell your plasma and buy blood borne.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

01011001 posted:

worth nothing: tonitrus/boom hammer don't have an actual transform but they still have transform attacks

Actually I like using that Tonitrus transform attacl sometimes :shobon: Sometimes you only have time for a single swing so the buff+swing can help, instead of wasting an action backing off and buffing.

Also it's the only poke the drat thing has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

i used both relatively frequently when using them, being able to stagger with that then swing is very handy