Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

HotBobaloo posted:

Looks like all these free giveaways are gone the instant they are posted. I'm not sure if I want to shell out for the $50 pack to get into the beta, is there any place a key can be bought (legit) for a few bucks? I've been burned on these founders packs before.
There is primarily Russian game marketplace where you can often buy things like these. There are three listings, all with keys for under $3 a pop.

CC payment, no PayPal - 86 sales, 2 returns, 1 positive review, 0 negative reviews; seller rating ~113
CC payment, no PayPal - 24 sales, 0 returns, 6 positive reviews, 0 negative reviews; seller rating ~77
CC, PayPal payments - 140 sales, 0 returns, 5 positive reviews, 0 negative reviews; seller rating ~33

Despite the lowest rating, I'd take the last listing, with 140 sales, and use PayPal for transaction since, I think, it ends ups to be cheapest when I factor in commission on my bank transfers to the Russian CC payment processor they use. However, I have bought plenty of stuff on the platform, paying both with CC and PayPal, and never had any critical issues - I once had to ask for new key since they sent me an invalid one, got one for free within a few hours.

If you do buy and for some reason something is really off and seller speaks only Russian, let me know if you need translation/help of some sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Blazing Zero posted:

but to get back to the actual topic of the game, i want to know what the appeal of this game is? since they apparently neutered all the cool pvp stuff? i asked before but all i got was a 'nuh uh'

So age of wushu had a few pvp events like cart running / robbery, school spying / patroling, school wars, guild wars, and some smaller things. The lure to the game was really the janky combat, flying skills, the mistranslations, and then the drama.

The drama is what really made the game for some people. I'd say most of the people. People were just out right pissed at goons the moment they showed up.

BDO is a watered down version where pvp and drama is still the big pull. And it probably will be the only pull unless some really neat expansion content comes out.

The other fun part of things, the forum wars

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Third World Reggin posted:

So age of wushu had a few pvp events like cart running / robbery, school spying / patroling, school wars, guild wars, and some smaller things. The lure to the game was really the janky combat, flying skills, the mistranslations, and then the drama.

The drama is what really made the game for some people. I'd say most of the people. People were just out right pissed at goons the moment they showed up.

BDO is a watered down version where pvp and drama is still the big pull. And it probably will be the only pull unless some really neat expansion content comes out.

The other fun part of things, the forum wars

cool. ill wait and see if any of that pvp drama happens and is fun then

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

vrath posted:

Latvian dude correct me if I'm wrong but they lose something called gems which are a pain in the rear end of some sort to replace and may be vaugely related to gear strength or enchanting. That's not important. What's important is that the loss of whatever they lose makes them sad.
Gems are used to augment your gear.

If Karma & Flagging V2.0 is implemented as showcased, there will be guaranteed PvE death gem loss for all players (i.e. attack player farming pack of mobs, take them down low and let your Brony Archer Lord do the final hit), as well as varying PK death gem loss chance for players with negative karma (as well as durability loss & random respawn).

While this sounds cool, gems, generally speaking, are not expensive. Though that indeed is not important, people generally just get pissed for being killed, losing something is just icing on the cake. With our experience curve the idiots cried a river for, though, reasonably levelled character will lose at least 1 hour of progress each time they die. :v:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

kalstrams posted:

There is primarily Russian game marketplace where you can often buy things like these. There are three listings, all with keys for under $3 a pop.

CC payment, no PayPal - 86 sales, 2 returns, 1 positive review, 0 negative reviews; seller rating ~113
CC payment, no PayPal - 24 sales, 0 returns, 6 positive reviews, 0 negative reviews; seller rating ~77
CC, PayPal payments - 140 sales, 0 returns, 5 positive reviews, 0 negative reviews; seller rating ~33

Despite the lowest rating, I'd take the last listing, with 140 sales, and use PayPal for transaction since, I think, it ends ups to be cheapest when I factor in commission on my bank transfers to the Russian CC payment processor they use. However, I have bought plenty of stuff on the platform, paying both with CC and PayPal, and never had any critical issues - I once had to ask for new key since they sent me an invalid one, got one for free within a few hours.

If you do buy and for some reason something is really off and seller speaks only Russian, let me know if you need translation/help of some sort.

Please do not give your credit card number or paypal info to some skeevy russian website for a beta key for a game that will be out in 2 weeks.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

HotBobaloo posted:

Looks like all these free giveaways are gone the instant they are posted. I'm not sure if I want to shell out for the $50 pack to get into the beta
You don't. It's gonna be the same game when it comes out for $20 less and dead just as fast. If you gotta have something to do next weekend The Division beta is free and you don't need a key.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wafflz posted:

Please do not give your credit card number or paypal info to some skeevy russian website for a beta key for a game that will be out in 2 weeks.
It's like Russian eBay for videogames, and all payment information is handled by proper payment processors, and neither by sellers nor by the platform itself. You can surely get hosed on the product delivery, but that's about it unless someone has enough brass in balls to tackle with PayPal (who themselves handle their transactions) or Naspers (who handle CC transactions).

Again, your money your call etcetera, just letting you know that it's not the willy wonka your intuition or racial stereotypes may imply.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

kalstrams posted:

It's like Russian eBay for videogames, and all payment information is handled by proper payment processors, and neither by sellers nor by the platform itself. You can surely get hosed on the product delivery, but that's about it unless someone has enough brass in balls to tackle with PayPal (who themselves handle their transactions) or Naspers (who handle CC transactions).

If you use PayPal and someone tries to rip you off, it takes a 2 minute phone call to get your money back. PayPal is awesome for things like this.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Heck, they don't even store anything on their platform - there aren't even accounts that you could register on there, besides e-mail and phone number combination you can then use to access your list of purchases, and to let support now that a particular seller has been a massive dickwad on some issue.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

Hello yes all of these things seem fun and things I like to do. Stabbing mans, then taking their things, I just wish there was a jury system like in AA where I could just be like "50s for innocent" and repeatedly get off the hook.

I thought this game had none of the taking their things part?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Usenet Magic-User posted:

I thought this game had none of the taking their things part?
It doesn't indeed, you just make them lose things, and not by much. Still you can be pretty annoying if 10 of you jump out of a bush in wookie suits, kill guy's horse, and run away.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

kalstrams posted:

It doesn't indeed, you just make them lose things, and not by much. Still you can be pretty annoying if 10 of you jump out of a bush in wookie suits, kill guy's horse, and run away.

Sweet, yeah i read the gems blurb after posting. I don't need to loot people to have fun griefing them as some goon said it is the icing on the cake. It does however add weeks to my enjoyment. Take Albion a bad game, but since there is looting mans I am playing this game much longer than it ever deserved. The game looks fun, I hope pvp is good, the gvg looks great, ill be in

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002

kalstrams posted:

Thanks for this, got a code instantly for less than $3. No issues whatsoever.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I made CTS as a chill place to hang out and play games with my friends without having to deal with a bunch of "ironic douche-bags", you sperglords can go use Discord.

:boom:

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 16, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I am not sure if this was discussed in the previous thread, since I didn't read the 50 pages prior that were there before I came to post, but the stuff I mentioned in the post earlier, wookie suits, are pretty great. Essentially, there is a camouflage suit in game, that, once you've equipped all four pieces, does, uhh, "camouflate" you.

So, what this does. Helmet - makes you fancy. Armour - makes you fancy. Weapon - 10% durability loss reduction. Offhand - +100 stamina. 3 piece set bonus - gathering +1. 4 piece set bonus - obstructs character's identity.

That means exactly what it sounds it does. No one will know your name, your title, your family, your clan, your karma status - nothing. Your name will be shown if you type in chat, or if you kill someone (they'll have a message "Goon O'Goon did kill you."). In a darker cave you can easily pass for a mob, under certain circumstances.

For poopsockers, this is one of the two costumes that are worth getting. Second one is the nobles' dress, it gives extra movement speed.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

kalstrams posted:

I am not sure if this was discussed in the previous thread, since I didn't read the 50 pages prior that were there before I came to post, but the stuff I mentioned in the post earlier, wookie suits, are pretty great. Essentially, there is a camouflage suit in game, that, once you've equipped all four pieces, does, uhh, "camouflate" you.

So, what this does. Helmet - makes you fancy. Armour - makes you fancy. Weapon - 10% durability loss reduction. Offhand - +100 stamina. 3 piece set bonus - gathering +1. 4 piece set bonus - obstructs character's identity.

That means exactly what it sounds it does. No one will know your name, your title, your family, your clan, your karma status - nothing. Your name will be shown if you type in chat, or if you kill someone (they'll have a message "Goon O'Goon did kill you."). In a darker cave you can easily pass for a mob, under certain circumstances.

For poopsockers, this is one of the two costumes that are worth getting. Second one is the nobles' dress, it gives extra movement speed.

how hard is the wookie suit to get, I can see goons using that pretty extensively

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Eonwe posted:

how hard is the wookie suit to get, I can see goons using that pretty extensively
No idea about Japan, but both on Russia and Korea the only way to get it is to buy from cash shop. Also, while it conceals your identity, you will still be visible on minimap. It's a cool costume nonetheless, though. Durability loss reduction can be fairly beneficial in the long run, since repairing gear can get prohibitively expensive.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

kalstrams posted:

While I couldn't care less about the shirt thing, I'll agree on the rest with Third World Reggin that neither will consolidation do any significant good to BDO guild as such, nor does it bring anything radically new to the table, beyond, I guess, synchronised chat logging and streamlined access from mobile, to give Discord it's due. Not sure if either will be used, as this is not shaping up as new EVE and we've got at least two subforums worth of shitposting potential.

Still, we need to decide on something, hopefully before the closed beta comes around.

I'm already afraid to play with you, guys.

I fixed that straw poll for ya.

Kimsemus posted:

I've been in Discord stress tests with 3000-4000 on the same server, and a couple hundred in the same voice channel, it holds up fine. Right now there are about 400 goons registered on mine and the server doesn't have any lag that anyone has reported.

I have a Black Desert channel set up on my SA Discord ( http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759565 )

And I'll give whoever runs the guild server admin or moderator or whatever they want to make more channels and do the things.

Get hosed. I thought I ended this but Kim you are like the loving flu.

kalstrams posted:

Let's call the guild Beanless Chili and plunder the caravans with cooking goods.

Anyone who names a goon guild without using any of the three words "Something", "Awful" or "Goon" gets killed on sight by me. You fucks that did the whole Dragongod Knightkings or Please be Careful are gonna get a big pink dilido so far up their asses they will be digesting it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drinkfist posted:

I fixed that straw poll for ya.
But of course, what else should have I expected.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

LumberingTroll posted:

I made CTS as a chill place to hang out and play games with my friends without having to deal with a bunch if "ironic douche-bags", you sperglords can go use Discord.

:boom:

Explain drinkfist then

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
ill take the pink dildo gladly

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Explain drinkfist then

He makes me laugh.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

LumberingTroll posted:

He makes me laugh.

Lies. I bought your poo poo game twice. Total bribery.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like drinkfist even tho he is tsundere

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Eonwe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnZUUzlL60Q

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!

Explain drinkfist then

"Let us dispel the notion that Drinkfist does not know exactly what he is doing. Drinkfist knows exactly what he is doing."

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

vrath posted:

"Let us dispel the notion that Drinkfist does not know exactly what he is doing. Drinkfist knows exactly what he is doing."

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Eonwe posted:

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Eonwe posted:

I hope drinkfist-senpai notices me.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

where is tempus thales tho??? I would rather talk about him than the usually-correct while hilariously-blunt drinkfoot

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Ok so here are some shirt tag lines. This one is for you creative bandwagonners.

Front: "Val krie ate some drama"
Back: "Goons always do :rolleyes:"

And the classic:

Front: "karmas a bitch"
Back: "bdo goonsquad 2016"

Finally:

Front: "$10 here" (not pictured: front shirt pocket)
Back: "you'll never auth goon discord j4g"

$9.99 for all three. Payments by check or money order only. Sizes XL XXL and ST.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I was told there might be some spare beta keys, if so would someone pass one over

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Ruggan posted:

Ok so here are some shirt tag lines. This one is for you creative bandwagonners.

Front: "Val krie ate some drama"
Back: "Goons always do :rolleyes:"

And the classic:

Front: "karmas a bitch"
Back: "bdo goonsquad 2016"

Finally:

Front: "$10 here" (not pictured: front shirt pocket)
Back: "you'll never auth goon discord j4g"

$9.99 for all three. Payments by check or money order only. Sizes XL XXL and ST.

What is this?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Eonwe posted:

someone get Arus to run a guild for BDO

i was just informed of this post and must stop by to tell you to fight me irl do u even lift bro

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Basically this guy named badr/tempus thales (some j4g who now self identifies as a goon that despises j4gs) sucked up to a bunch of goons in AA and SWO, made some t shirts which he then tried to sell to said goons, actively tried to obtain positions of leadership, was baited into stealing worthless money from a goon group in AO and now shills for the goon discord of which he was stripped of any power after having a modicum for a short period.

Idk I just can't let it go, it's still very funny to me

Ruggan fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 16, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CLAM DOWN posted:

i was just informed of this post and must stop by to tell you to fight me irl do u even lift bro

Rude

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Oh boy

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

See edit ^^^

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

CLAM DOWN posted:

when are you going to update the OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Ruggan posted:

Basically this guy named badr/tempus thales (some j4g who now self identifies as a goon that despises j4gs) sucked up to a bunch of goons in AA and SWO, made some t shirts which he then tried to sell to said goons, actively tried to obtain positions of leadership, was baited into stealing worthless money from a goon group in AO and now shills for the goon discord of which he was stripped of any power after having a modicum for a short period.

Idk I just can't let it go, it's still very funny to me

I read about the guild bank stuff with that guy in the Albion thread, which was great on its own. I see good things happening if he is playing with us in this game, im really only here for the meltdowns.