Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

VendaGoat posted:

You smelled the Scalia?

Dude, it leaked through the screen.

FishionMailed posted:

I hope the GOP successfully stymies Obama from making an appointment while looking like a bunch of rear end in a top hat clown dumbasses in the process which causes them to lose the presidential race to Bernie Sanders who then immediately appoints someone as you mentioned which gets approved in Congress with barely a kerfluffle because everyone is already so butthurt at the GOP about the issue that even they know when they've lost.

Also the day of I saw an Onion headline that read 'Justice Scalia dies after 30 year battle with social progress" and I laughed. Sorry Mr. Scalia.

I hope they hold out for a month until some senior members go ahead and approve. Then Thomas kicks the bucket the day after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

InterFaced posted:

I do not want to dance on Scalia's grave. I might wanna piss on it though.

Saving up all my piss in gallon jugs until the headstone is finished.
ROAD TRIP

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

ghlbtsk posted:

Saving up all my piss in gallon jugs until the headstone is finished.
ROAD TRIP

Same, but not because of Scalia, I'm just a Goon.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
after a couple days, im still glad he no longer exists

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

BigBoss posted:

Thank you for standing up to these ghoulish creeps. Disagreeing with someone doesn't mean you should dance on their grave. That is a sign of severe mental illness.

Declaring random things you personally dislike as a sign of severe mental illness is a sign of severe mental illness.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

senior associate justice wormfood

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Since becoming a corpse Antonin Scalia has become much less annoying and retarded. I applaud his journey of personal growth.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/scotus-analyst-tom-goldstein-loretta-lynch-most-likely-candidate-replace-n518916

Justice Lynch? :unsmigghh:

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Kegan needs to surf down a mountain of broken glass into a pit filled with poo poo covered spikes IMO

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

TEAH SYAG posted:

Kegan needs to surf down a mountain of broken glass into a pit filled with poo poo covered spikes IMO

don't kinkshame Kagan pls

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I hope they hold out for a month until some senior members go ahead and approve. Then Thomas kicks the bucket the day after.
Alito is actually a 1000x worse

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

NutritiousSnack posted:

This guy gets it, Alitos opinions are leagues worse than Scalias

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I can see it: Obama's picks have all been women, and I don't see him breaking that cycle. If anything, having four women on the Supreme Court would take care of any Roe v. Wade bullshit for the foreseeable future, which destroys a major Republican wedge issue.

NutritiousSnack posted:

Yeah, but I somehow think Thomas is going to be the next to go in some regard. Alito suffering through being the permanent dissent would be hell in its own way.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Gazpacho posted:

say what you will about his law but he wrote some of the the best lines ever to come out of the court :patriot:

it's funny he said that since he made decisions like the 2nd amendment was an individual right when the founders (lmao ya pal you're an originalist) and 220 years of supreme court decisions said it was a collective right.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Also, Scalia is directly responsible for thousands if not tens of thousands of deaths. I'm not just "disagreeing with him". He was a sadistic loving monster who deserved to die a long time ago.

Every second he's dead is better than the last.

actually hes more or less directly responsible for the iraq war so its more like hundreds of thousands

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

babypolis posted:

actually hes more or less directly responsible for the iraq war so its more like hundreds of thousands

how is he responsible for the Iraq war? that's... interesting

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

mdm posted:

how is he responsible for the Iraq war? that's... interesting

because of gore vs bush

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's funny he said that since he made decisions like the 2nd amendment was an individual right when the founders (lmao ya pal you're an originalist) and 220 years of supreme court decisions said it was a collective right.

Yeah, it's only really a sick burn~ or whatever if it's in any way reflective of how he behaved when the rubber hit the road. Hypocritical old windbag.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

babypolis posted:

because of gore vs bush

That was actually war hawks like Hillary and Harry Reid. They are the ones in favor of the Iraq war. The only viable Presidential candidate who has spoken against the war is Donald Trump. If you disagree with the Iraq war then the only logical vote you could cast would be for Mr. Trump.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

TEAH SYAG posted:

I may be missing something here but what has Kagan done to earn goon ire?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Turtle Sandbox posted:

With scalia dead gay marriage will be legal and god will kill us all.

My body is ready.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

BigBoss posted:

That was actually war hawks like Hillary and Harry Reid. They are the ones in favor of the Iraq war. The only viable Presidential candidate who has spoken against the war is Donald Trump. If you disagree with the Iraq war then the only logical vote you could cast would be for Mr. Trump.

Imma trump you right in the trumps

When the carcass was autopsied, I bet a swarm of cockroaches and beetles came spilling out of the moist flesh crevasse beneath the monstrous panniculus.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Yeah, it's only really a sick burn~ or whatever if it's in any way reflective of how he behaved when the rubber hit the road. Hypocritical old windbag.

i woulda had more respect for scalia if he didn't keep saying he was an originalist or textualist while sometimes (oftentimes) totally ignoring the founders' intent or what the text reads.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Ivor Biggun posted:

I may be missing something here but what has Kagan done to earn goon ire?

She has to recuse herself all the drat time :( why did she have to be the solicitor general? inconsiderate if you ask me

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

uber_stoat posted:

Imma trump you right in the trumps

When the carcass was autopsied, I bet a swarm of cockroaches and beetles came spilling out of the moist flesh crevasse beneath the monstrous panniculus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yob2uziCHaQ

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Perfect

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Chinatown posted:

after a couple days, im still glad he no longer exists

Word. When I got up today my dick was hard and there was a smile on my face. "Scalia is still dead!" I thought happily. (I'm liberal so its OK for me to be ghoulishly happy about the deaths of evil politicians).

Then I opened my window and said, wow, what a wonderful day! Hullo there you big old blue sky! Hullo cars! Hullo emporium! Hullo building and loan!" And my angel bob was smiling too because I'm still not jumping off any bridges and his job is a loving cakewalk.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

BigBoss posted:

I don't think anyone here is mad. There is just a group of mongrels and death cultists celebrating, and a few brave people who do not agree with that. It can not be reduced to "mad" or "happy" so much as "sane, compassionate, and rational" vs "mentally ill hate mongers who cheer the death of a man who dedicated his life to serving his country".

you used to be cool

but now you're sounding like a fool :cool:

G.I. Jaw
Mar 26, 2003

More cake, Mrs. Tuffington?

Nap Ghost
RIP Justin Antoine Scallions, you won't be missed by anyone.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

BigBoss posted:

this is some artful trolling, providing access to lucrative butthurt

trump is a butt hole, mister big boss

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
this has now been confirmed true. please keep radio silence. over.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

dad gay. so what posted:

this has now been confirmed true. please keep radio silence. over.

...God?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Who will President Trump appoint?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

VideoTapir posted:

Like you'll find THAT out before the series finale of CONFIRMATION, Fox's hottest reality show of 2017

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

VideoTapir posted:

Wapner

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch
Aug 8, 2005

Obamunist Troll Bot: Built to bring a One World Government to the People

coolskillrex remix posted:

Is there another person in America who upon rolling over and dying could bring so much joy to so many people? I can't think of anyone.

Sheriff Joe, but I swear that fucker is immortal.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
Gonna be a good day when that fucker is in the grave with a stake in his heart

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

OBAMA YOU WICKED WICKED DEVIL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqUk28OwHs

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

The room where it happened. Looks kind of peaceful, hm?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Woke up this morning and Scalia's still dead

• Locked thread