Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Hey, why don't we all post our pictures and places of work/home addresses?

My name is uh, Len Besnick... I live in Los Angel...o

ok goons turn now!

(edit) I mean friends!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Best part about all this, is when the game finally is on deaths door and the money runs out. Dereks blog and these threads will probably be quoted in the high profile game sites/mags. I wonder if say, the whole sandi email fiasco is a sub story in the future of CIG collapse.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

ewe2 posted:

If you want to see the future, imagine Croberts heiling himself into a mirror forever :ohdear:

this is art

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Looking for an editor to help me write my autothreadology. I think my time making gifs, attempting the lesnick challenge and general shitposting would provide a unique view of this whole facade from the eyes of the common goon who doesn't have a .gif made in their honor.

And we'll go to kickstarter to fund it!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ewe2 posted:

If you want to see the future, imagine Croberts heiling himself into a mirror forever :ohdear:

Much like the 3rd Reich, Chris Roberts dream won't be finished for a thousand years. :v:

Karlious
Jul 19, 2010
Nap Ghost

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

:pgabz: :gary: :gizz: :pgabz:

Hope it works out for the best. How much are you in for?

$500 - Not the end of the world but I can think of other things to spend the money on.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhiaGAnOalA

Vanguard vs Fatguard

Hilarious comparison of how the sexy Vanguard concept has turned into a fat whale.

What the gently caress happened there? Dreams? poo poo performance with more than 3 players due to high poly?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

ZenMaster posted:

Hey, why don't we all post our pictures and places of work/home addresses?

My name is uh, Len Besnick... I live in Los Angel...o

ok goons turn now!

(edit) I mean friends!

My name is Christopher Roberto I live in in Los Angelo to! Wanna meet up over a coffee and talk about how Star Citizen is never going to live up to the dream?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Mandatory Team "Say Cheese" Photo

also I am no engineer but that guy in front of Ben is half the guy Ben is lol

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Is drop in/out co-op back?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Iglocska posted:

What the gently caress happened there? Dreams? poo poo performance with more than 3 players due to high poly?

Poly reduction doesn't explain the differences in the overall appearance. There's no reason why you'd made the model fatter to reduce the poly count.

I imagine what probably happened is that a very talented artist did the original, then it needed to meet a smaller poly budget so they got someone else who isn't as talented to re-do it and they hosed up a bunch of it along the way due to not really understanding the core aesthetics the original designer was going for.

It actually seems possible that the ship was re-drawn from scratch based on pictures of the concept rather than being a slimmed down version of the same model because surely it would have been easier to simply reduce the number of faces automatically and repair the model afterwards, all the other changes seem like additional work on top. It's like one of those obvious knockoffs you see in some cheap games where they've basically redrawn the original model line for line with less detail and effort based on a picture.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Iridium posted:

Time for 10 from the Chairman! Hot and steaming and ready for all of us.

http://i.imgur.com/2EeVx6S.mp4

Pfft, mass produced rubbish.

When I were a lad, we all 'ad to squat in a line on t' factory floor, and fill up each tray individually.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

I'll never catch up with the thread. :(

redwalrus fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 13, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

fuzzknot posted:

I CAN'T I'M SO TRIGGERED OH MY GOD

Seriously, though; gently caress her. I'll loving kill her if she comes after Bootcha.

:fuzzknot: :fuzzknot: :fuzzknot: :fuzzknot: :fuzzknot: :fuzzknot: :fuzzknot: :fuzzknot:

Go away

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Chalks posted:

Poly reduction doesn't explain the differences in the overall appearance. There's no reason why you'd made the model fatter to reduce the poly count.

I imagine what probably happened is that a very talented artist did the original, then it needed to meet a smaller poly budget so they got someone else who isn't as talented to re-do it and they hosed up a bunch of it along the way due to not really understanding the core aesthetics the original designer was going for.

It actually seems possible that the ship was re-drawn from scratch based on pictures of the concept rather than being a slimmed down version of the same model because surely it would have been easier to simply reduce the number of faces automatically and repair the model afterwards, all the other changes seem like additional work on top. It's like one of those obvious knockoffs you see in some cheap games where they've basically redrawn the original model line for line with less detail and effort based on a picture.
I really dig the original model, the new one looks utterly farty and bloated. Looks like it had a foamy latte.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/318595/top-3-pro-s-con-s-backer-feedback-for-cig-qtr-1-2016

watch this thread, I can't tell if a troll or not.

My Customer Satisfaction Score 9/10

CIG Communication.
The third Con keeps coming up time and time again, being nice and clear and well thought out. CIG would save themselves a ton of bullshit if they can make some changes.

:psyboom:

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Chalks posted:

It was remade by scratch by the same idiot who's been flogging his AMD furnace for ever-decreasing-but-still-unrealistic amounts of money. He's the "winner" of their stupid reality show to design a spaceship that itself will now need to be redone from scratch as it's completely unfeasible in the current game.

(I put winner into quotes as other concepts during TNGS were more well received, but his ship was chosen for reasons. No idea what those reasons are.)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Fractal Wave posted:

Way behind so sorry if it has been asked. Do you play elite, I wonder how the mouse tilt would work for for roll/yaw (whichever you don't have bound to mouse x). Seems like a good fit.

Sorry, I don't space game. I would think, though, that it would work really well for roll/yaw - not so much for pitch since tilting the mouse up/down isn't very comfortable (for me). It's obviously a very high quality mouse, so I'd be surprised if it didn't work well.

This Citizen says it's the greatest, in case you missed it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyXvApICPnE

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

fuzzknot you need to not post here, for at least a month or two, possible forever. its not a good look for you or your boyfriend.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

runsamok posted:

It was remade by scratch by the same idiot who's been flogging his AMD furnace for ever-decreasing-but-still-unrealistic amounts of money. He's the "winner" of their stupid reality show to design a spaceship that itself will now need to be redone from scratch as it's completely unfeasible in the current game.

(I put winner into quotes as other concepts during TNGS were more well received, but his ship was chosen for reasons. No idea what those reasons are.)

Wait so it was the same person who redrew the new one?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Sorry, I don't space game. I would think, though, that it would work really well for roll/yaw - not so much for pitch since tilting the mouse up/down isn't very comfortable (for me). It's obviously a very high quality mouse, so I'd be surprised if it didn't work well.

This Citizen says it's the greatest, in case you missed it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyXvApICPnE

Didn't that guy have a meltdown in this very thread :tinfoil:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

This Citizen goon says it's the greatest, in case you missed it:

:squawk:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Chalks posted:

I think it's because they have to model with actually having players run around inside them

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

fuzzknot posted:

WIENER SCHNITZEL

3/4 pound pork tenderloin (may substitute veal cutlet or tenderized cube steak), cut in 3 pieces and pounded 1/3- to 1/2-inch thick
salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs, beaten
2 c soft bread crumbs
2-4 tablespoons butter
lemon wedges
parsley sprigs

Pound cutlet; rub in seasonings. Dip meat first in egg, then in bread crumbs. Melt butter in skillet. Brown meat several minutes a side or till golden. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs. Serve with German potato salad and red cabbage.

12 pages to go, this may have been resolved alreday, but it is my sacred duty as a born and raised Viennese to educate you:

Wiener Schnitzel is made from veal exclusively. No ways around that. Advertising a pork-Schnitzel as "Wiener Schnitzel" will get you tared and feathered.
Schnitzel from everything else than veal is called "Schnitzel nach Wiener Art" or "Schnitzel after/in Viennese Fashion/Style" if so you will.
Remember this well, it may save your life should you ever happen to end up in Vienna.
We take our Schnitzel very seriously.

Also you first slap the meat around in flour, then eggs, then crumbs. Without flour the eggs wont stick properly and run off, taking the crumbs with them.
If you wanna go pro-tier, you prepare 3 pans and heat them to 180degrees each, then have the Schnitzel swim in each pan for no more than 10 seconds.
As the meat submerges in the fat, it consumes heat. With insufficient heat the "Panier" will not properly crust but instead soak up fat and go limp and wet. This is to be avoided.
3 pans will provide sufficient heat all the time to make the perfect crust.

I have no idea where red cabbage comes into this, but im not the one one to lecture you about garnish and sides.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen single-player and persistent universe will be available separately

The great comment war continues on a new battlefield.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Chalks posted:

Wait so it was the same person who redrew the new one?

Paul Dalessi won the TNGS contest for designing the Redeemer, which is A) ugly as gently caress B) completely impractical C) impossible to get working in the game as-is.

He was then handed the Vanguard concept art, all the existing/upcoming Aegis ship assets & told to recreate the Vanguard using as much asset reuse as possible. That's why the outside is a mishmash of Retaliator (bomber) parts & the dashboard for the Vanguard is 100% identical to that of the Sabre (stealth fighter). He was also given a pretty short deadline so it could be included with 2.0 in the hangar & 2.1 as a flyable ship, so it's now lost the retractable turret, the internal missile & countermeasure bays & any of the animated greebling that the concept had. What's even funnier is that the Vanguard actually got pushed through the art pipeline faster than the code pipeline, so it's actually built using/around systems that aren't even in the game yet, so there was literally no reason to get it out the door other than to placate backers under the guise of giving them "content" & being "responsive & open developers"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
MODNOTE: An image of a lady for some reason. If you feel the need to post this stuff in the star citizen thread, please NWS tag it.

http://i.imgur.com/1hMWPw3.jpg

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Samizdata posted:

I know that fire scene (I think). What's it from?

No idea, I just nabbed it off google.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

dogboy posted:

Always serve Schnitzel with a slice of lemon.

Vienna style double crust: Beaten eggs -> wheat -> beaten eggs -> breadcrumbs -> press -> rest -> press.

I swear to god if you do this with me watching there will be blood.
You dont start with the eggs.
Never ever start with the eggs.

First is the flour.
Then its the eggs.
Then the crumbs.

You can vary if you go for parisienne and skip the crumbs, or milanese and take parmesan instead of crumbs (or a 50/50 parmesan/crumb mix) but whatever you do, you start with flour.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Yes Ben, its important to do the core tech first.

How many clothes manufacturers are there again?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Mr Fronts posted:

Pfft, mass produced rubbish.

When I were a lad, we all 'ad to squat in a line on t' factory floor, and fill up each tray individually.

Tha's nothin' when ah were a lad we ad to make ahr own fun, we ad to wait five years before we could get on ahr ships withou' fallin' through 't floor!

EEE! it were awful!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Daztek posted:

Didn't that guy have a meltdown in this very thread :tinfoil:

Yes indeed, but he pointed me to a cool mouse so whatever

Also /r/lexip3d is now up and bustling with activity

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

*comes back to thread after like 1000 pages*

So guys, is it out yet?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Palpek posted:

So guys, is it out yet?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

EminusSleepus posted:

Mandatory Team "Say Cheese" Photo

also I am no engineer but that guy in front of Ben is half the guy Ben is lol

Look at that prick in the bottom left sq42 shirt, doing that stupid smile, gently caress that guy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Palpek posted:

So guys, is it out yet?

It's out, and it's fantastic.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Hey who's got that Harkonnen rape function request jpeg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

That's like the best thing I've seen come out of CIG's communication as of late. If he means that, that's a great direction to take. If core tech is not clothes stores of course.

• Locked thread