Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Up Circle posted:

can we get an opinion from the conspiracy theorist?

if anyone is hacking i would think it would be the brazilians

I hope not, it's hilarious how well they're doing. They're really showing NA how it's done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I'm dumb and bad at counterstrike, so take my opinions with a bag of salt, but when I watch these SA teams play, it feels like they're not really making monster plays with super sick frags, just mostly playing smart and solid counter strike with great positioning and excellent executes (and avoid doing dumb poo poo like playing aggressive ct against people who know how to refrag), plus they're constantly faking out the NA teams making them do early rotates or forcing them out of position before they attack a site

They're less out-aiming and more out-thinking the NA teams they're up against, imo

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I feel like at this level everyone has a very similar ability to aim and yeah the strategy is where you'll have teams differentiate themselves.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Bohemian Nights posted:

I'm dumb and bad at counterstrike, so take my opinions with a bag of salt, but when I watch these SA teams play, it feels like they're not really making monster plays with super sick frags, just mostly playing smart and solid counter strike with great positioning and excellent executes (and avoid doing dumb poo poo like playing aggressive ct against people who know how to refrag), plus they're constantly faking out the NA teams making them do early rotates or forcing them out of position before they attack a site

They're less out-aiming and more out-thinking the NA teams they're up against, imo

yeah they're playing and practicing cs and every na player is streaming or daydreaming of streaming while they ask for a spot on the next 10 man

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

whoops

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Carol Pizzamom posted:

yeah they're playing and practicing cs and every na player is streaming or daydreaming of streaming while they ask for a spot on the next 10 man

Yeah pretty much. I mean Fallen, apparently, runs classes where he focuses on various stuff like holding B site on cobble for a goddamn hour. I'd be surprised if anyone on C9 has practiced anything on cobble for more than that.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

C9 are just pugstars and always have been

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

This is awesome, what is it?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
From a guys deviantart page.

http://gas13.deviantart.com/art/Isometric-CS-GO-563679780

Wallpaper sizes available

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Neko Atsume but for cs would be pretty very good

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

From a guys deviantart page.

http://gas13.deviantart.com/art/Isometric-CS-GO-563679780

Wallpaper sizes available

loving rad. I've been looking for new wallpapers. Good eye, xp.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

A TURGID FATSO posted:

your just welcome.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Up Circle posted:

it would instantly mark out every dweeb who lives in the past

I can only assume that people pining for 1.6 stuff never actually played 1.6

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I play 1.6 once in a while to remind myself how poo poo it and everything in it is compared to cs:go

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
What are you talking about! 1.6 is still good independent of csgo!! Dumbass!!!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

A TURGID FATSO posted:

That image was posted three days ago on /globaloffensive/

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Katana Gomai posted:

Yeah the internet takes about that long to go through the pipes in the sea to England.

Don't you know anything!?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

That also means all the relevant Advance Wars: Global Offensive posts have already been made

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Katana Gomai posted:

I don't look at or post on reddit because I have a modicum of self-respect.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

NtotheTC posted:

I started with GO and love it, tried Source and liked it, tried the original CS (is that 1.6?) and hated it. That's my CS story.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

symbolic posted:

I started with GO and love it, tried Source and liked it, tried the original CS (is that 1.6?) and hated it. That's my CS story.

this post makes me feel so old

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Daeno posted:

this post makes me feel so old
The first Counter-Strike public beta debuted four days before my second birthday. :unsmith:

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I loved everything up to 1.5.1.6 made me stop not only because of the loving riot shield but also I had a 1 MB/h connection and Steam was horrible in 2003. Source felt really weird when I tried to get into it; everything felt like they weighed nothing. CSGO on the other hand seems like an improvement in almost every aspect.

Now people frequently ask me how I have the 5 year veteran coin but only 100 hours of play time. I should have a 10+ year veteran coin dammit

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

symbolic posted:

The first Counter-Strike public beta debuted four days before my second birthday. :unsmith:

how is counter-strike babby formed

Daeno
May 29, 2007

symbolic posted:

stick with these forums kid, you'll go places :clint:

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

UnfurledSails posted:

Now people frequently ask me how I have the 5 year veteran coin but only 100 hours of play time. I should have a 10+ year veteran coin dammit

I have a 5 year veteran coin even though I never really played CS before GO (just some casual CS:S matches because it came free with HL2). It doesn't really mean anything.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

NtotheTC posted:

:rolleyes:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

The man has a point. You'd think that all those years of "playing 1.6" would've made you good. :colbert:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
There's a lot of speculation that koosta will replace adren on TL and s1mple will move to a primary rifler/secondary awper role.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

exethan posted:

There's a lot of speculation that koosta will replace adren on TL and s1mple will move to a primary rifler/secondary awper role.
It's not even speculation anymore. Koosta mentioned trying out for Liquid, and Ryu (NME's coach IIRC) Tweeted that koosta would be playing for a different team once his contract is up. All we need is the official word from Liquid.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/02/16/north-american-csgo-star-to-join-team-liquid/

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Well, then, there we go.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Lol at breitbart trying to appeal to "the kids" with gamer news.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Richard Lewis wasn't wanted by any actual esports site so he got Breitbart to pick him up. They're fine if he spews mildly racist bullshit from time to time.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Kazinsal posted:

Richard Lewis wasn't wanted by any actual esports site so he got Breitbart to pick him up. They're fine if he spews mildly racist bullshit from time to time.

Don't forget the sexism!

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
So, with that new Vulkan graphics API being released today, could the lack of updates mean csgo is moving to source 2 "soon"™?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I don't look at or post on reddit because I have a modicum of self-respect.

This + avatar make for an amazing combo.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I Installed CS for the first time off a free CD from PC Gamer that also had the Gamespy client on it. It's not possible to be cooler than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

NtotheTC posted:

I Installed CS for the first time off a free CD from PC Gamer that also had the Gamespy client on it. It's not possible to be cooler than that.

I dropped out of my first degree program basically because I played 1.6 24/7 in residence with all the other dudes. TOP THAT