Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

just wait for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If any goon who kept up with any MMO drama at any point across the past 5 years falls for the same old poo poo that happens every single time we play an MMO together then we just need to point and laugh.

It's for their own good really.

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...

kalstrams posted:

There is primarily Russian game marketplace where you can often buy things like these. There are three listings, all with keys for under $3 a pop.

CC payment, no PayPal - 86 sales, 2 returns, 1 positive review, 0 negative reviews; seller rating ~113
CC payment, no PayPal - 24 sales, 0 returns, 6 positive reviews, 0 negative reviews; seller rating ~77
CC, PayPal payments - 140 sales, 0 returns, 5 positive reviews, 0 negative reviews; seller rating ~33

Despite the lowest rating, I'd take the last listing, with 140 sales, and use PayPal for transaction since, I think, it ends ups to be cheapest when I factor in commission on my bank transfers to the Russian CC payment processor they use. However, I have bought plenty of stuff on the platform, paying both with CC and PayPal, and never had any critical issues - I once had to ask for new key since they sent me an invalid one, got one for free within a few hours.

If you do buy and for some reason something is really off and seller speaks only Russian, let me know if you need translation/help of some sort.

Thanks for this.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.
I started to play on Russian server and if any russian goons wish to play together - pm me, I'm playing on ptp server with one of my Eve buddies and he is still leveling me up to 50, so I know jack poo poo about this game. It's already melting my video card though.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAjFCZH6Ec4

HotBobaloo posted:

Thanks for this, got a code instantly for less than $3. No issues whatsoever.

Grausherra posted:

Thanks for this.
:patriot:

Edit: Some extra information, not sure of discussed before. There are skill and weapon awakening systems. Skill awakening starts at level 48, and lets you augment you abilities with special effects as you progress through the game. Weapon awakening, like the one shown for tamer in the video above, starts at level 56 - after completing a quest chain, you get an alternative weapon that you can swap to at any time, even in combat. That weapon gets a separate skill tree - you can't use normal skills with awakening weapon, and you can't use awakening weapon skills with normal weapon. Thing to keep in mind here is that awakenings are different for different genders of the same class. Weirdly enough, though, while Blader and Ninja base classes are different between genders, and Blader had different awakenings proposed for each gender, Wizard has no differences between genders, so there may be the same weapon awakening for both. I've heard rumours that male awakening will be about supporting, while female awakening will be about dealing damage, but those were just rumours.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Feb 16, 2016

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This is my new favourite thread.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Ruggan posted:

Ok so here are some shirt tag lines. This one is for you creative bandwagonners.

Front: "Val krie ate some drama"
Back: "Goons always do :rolleyes:"

And the classic:

Front: "karmas a bitch"
Back: "bdo goonsquad 2016"

Finally:

Front: "$10 here" (not pictured: front shirt pocket)
Back: "you'll never auth goon discord j4g"

$9.99 for all three. Payments by check or money order only. Sizes XL XXL and ST.

I'd like to buy 3, but can I get a custom one that reads "I survived the VOIP wars" on the front and "bdo goonsquad 2016" on the back?

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Have they said when the download is going up? I have poo poo internet out here in the mountains and it would be nice to have it don before it starts.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

exser posted:

Have they said when the download is going up? I have poo poo internet out here in the mountains and it would be nice to have it don before it starts.

Says the 16th when you try to download it, so i'd imagine today at some point.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

niggastomper59 is too cliche white cop email

are the voip wars done? can we treaty? as thread owner I declare the voipwars resolution to be called the "Suicide Pact"

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

lewtt posted:

are the voip wars done? can we treaty? as thread owner I declare the voipwars resolution to be called the "Suicide Pact"
you mean the Phishing Pact right

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CrashCat posted:

you mean the Phishing Pact right

lol

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

exser posted:

@bdo_news tweeted that they'd let us know once it was up. They're a bit disorganized, I guess.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I'd say in 6 hours when someone in the corea office comes in

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Client is up.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Direct Link
http://akamai-gamecdn.blackdesertonline.com/cbt2/game/download/setup/BlackDesertOnlineSetup_20160216_1001.exe
31.85GB

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Or just use launcher, why bother. What disheartens me is that you have to pick region you're going to play on during the installation - I hope that is later adjustable, somehow, in case you want to hop off to another continent to goof off or something.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

Third World Reggin posted:

I'd say in 6 hours when someone in the corea office comes in

I was sold at fishing Leaderboards. With Reggin here this game just became so much better.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

lewtt posted:

niggastomper59 is too cliche white cop email

I'm so disappointed no one took this.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

JackDRipper posted:

I was sold at fishing Leaderboards. With Reggin here this game just became so much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sglLqQmbIHE

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

steal a man's donkey

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you can steal donkeys

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So apparently, after the release the cash shop will be closed until 10th March.

The whales are not amused. I am. :allears:

9foxtails
Jan 13, 2016
So I tried to purchase this via paypal and received a "cannot process this order at this time". A couple hours later I tried again and got the same thing. Guess what email I got? Two charges for black desert online and no history of the purchase on my black desert online account. To make matters worse it was the premium pre order. Well I just found out Global Collect is the ones handling payments for them and I am not surprised. I have been unable to navigate around their payment scheme. The bank says it is them, GC says it is the bank.

It is a shame, I was really looking forward to playing this but have learned my lesson to stay away from anything Global Collect is servicing. I hope that they put this out on steam; until then I'll have to vicariously play through twitch streamers.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

9foxtails posted:

It is a shame, I was really looking forward to playing this but have learned my lesson to stay away from anything Global Collect is servicing. I hope that they put this out on steam; until then I'll have to vicariously play through twitch streamers.
There's a Latvian saying, "Hope is a fool's consolation."

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
there are a lot of people I've seen interested in this that have hosed people over in the past

this is going to be a wild and quick ride I bet

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

there are a lot of people I've seen interested in this that have hosed people over in the past

Papa Eonwe, is this going to be like the dark times again?

VegetableBus
Sep 3, 2015
Wow, I actually got a beta key. Is there a class that is easy or overpowered that I should cheese out on immediately?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

VegetableBus posted:

Wow, I actually got a beta key. Is there a class that is easy or overpowered that I should cheese out on immediately?

You want ranger.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!

Eonwe posted:

A wild ride is the best ride. I mean who do you want making your game Jeb Bush or Donald Trump?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Here is an extra key.

B46F-39C3-B8BC-4DA1-9490

Goddimus
Nov 27, 2000

Xavier434 posted:

Here is an extra key.

B46F-39C3-B8BC-4DA1-9490

Thanks for this. Been following the game and it will be great to get into it for a bit.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lt. Lizard posted:

You want ranger.
*Cheesing out takes months.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Fat and Useless posted:

I'm so disappointed no one took this.

:henget:

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

This is better than wagon blocking. Fantastic.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Eonwe posted:

:eonwe: :eonwe: :eonwe:

OHOHSEVEN
Jan 21, 2013

"Bond...James Bond."
Get free keys here:

http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/black-desert-online

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
If you run into the problem I did (which is it saying the code is already used) keep refreshing the ign page till it gives you a new key and plug that in fast.
Eventually it'll go through

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I have no idea what everyone's issue with Discord is. Like seriously. can someone explain the bullshit because i've been using it for like 2-3 months with 0 issues...

Also: 7CE7-4EBC-1827-427D-87A9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

YOTC posted:

I have no idea what everyone's issue with Discord is. Like seriously. can someone explain the bullshit because i've been using it for like 2-3 months with 0 issues...

Also: 7CE7-4EBC-1827-427D-87A9

"I already have Mumble and it works so why do I need something else?"