Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Lmao this is some MGSV phantom pain poo poo.

*CREDITS*

*phone rings*

Yes sir...

Gavin may have become aware of the secret radio.

I agree, its too late anyway

Yes sir

Bundy Boss may still be a factor

Very good.....MR PRESIDENT

*Directed by hideo kojima*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Bobulus posted:

What kills me is, even if you accept that David somehow had an extra, secret radio that no one knew about, you have to ignore the following observable facts:

- David said he would come out if the FBI shouted 'hallelujah', and then they did, and he left. If they wanted him to die in a blaze of gunfire, they would not have shouted 'hallelujah'.
- We have audio-recording of David's last few hours inside the refuge. When, exactly, was this secret radio message supposed to have been played?
- If David was so boosted by a secret message by Ammon, why would he be yelling things about how he 'didn't care about the cause'?

It's so easily disprovable. It's really sad.

You forgot such restrictive mitigating factors, such as "the WORLD was watching!"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Actually I would play the gently caress out of a Malheur mgsv expansion. The giant monologues about America are already written, why not.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
It would be kind of a bummer to have to do on site procurement and only be able to find AR15's with shocking amounts of attachments.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

pillsburysoldier posted:

You forgot such restrictive mitigating factors, such as "the WORLD was watching!"

The thing that I don't understand is that they say that, but the explanation for why Ammon Bundy and the other leaders didn't get black op'd out of existence, and they actually provided footage of them taking down Tarpman is a non-committal shrug as they explain that government is loving stupid?

I mean I understand that they're being gross hypocrites and showing a lack of critical thinking, I'm just having a hard time understanding how the human brain can bend and twist itself around like that without cutting off blood to some part of it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
*david fry dting on the ground*

...saying hallelujah into the kinect...*cough cough*...hehe...I never saw that coming.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

E-Tank posted:

The thing that I don't understand is that they say that, but the explanation for why Ammon Bundy and the other leaders didn't get black op'd out of existence, and they actually provided footage of them taking down Tarpman is a non-committal shrug as they explain that government is loving stupid?

I mean I understand that they're being gross hypocrites and showing a lack of critical thinking, I'm just having a hard time understanding how the human brain can bend and twist itself around like that without cutting off blood to some part of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Prophecy_Fails

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Actually I would play the gently caress out of a Malheur mgsv expansion. The giant monologues about America are already written, why not.

"SNAKE, Look out! There are bottles on the ground. You have to crawl slowly or find another way!"

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx
Cliven is trying for bail. Did he ever show his financial records to prove he qualified for a public defender?

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/Cliven-Bundy-heads-back-to-court-seeking-release-6833708.php

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FetusSlapper posted:

Cliven is trying for bail. Did he ever show his financial records to prove he qualified for a public defender?

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/Cliven-Bundy-heads-back-to-court-seeking-release-6833708.php

Not according to that article:

It's unclear who will represent Bundy. He asked for a court-appointed attorney at an initial hearing last week, but U.S. Magistrate Judge Janice Stewart said she wanted to see financial documents first.

"The court only appoints counsel for those who can't afford an attorney," Stewart said.

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007
Why's he even want a public defender? Has this ever been explained? Why not collect some funds from his supporters for an attorney, or represent himself if he wants to act more insane?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

McNerd posted:

Why's he even want a public defender? Has this ever been explained? Why not collect some funds from his supporters for an attorney, or represent himself if he wants to act more insane?

Same reason as what started this in the 90s: He's a cheap bastard.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Hah that guy's a flight risk if there every was one. Hell, even if he didn't flee the risk of a horde of gun toting militia members descending on the area and provoking another confrontation would be pretty high

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

FetusSlapper posted:

No sane judge is going to trust him to show up for court and grant him bail.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

OAquinas posted:

Your teeth! The signals enter in through a transmitter secretly implanted in your teeth...not making this up folks. You don't need to take them out to make sure you're safe, but if you don't make sure you're always chewing on some gummy candy to scatter and dampen the signal. Use sugar-free to avoid the weight-gain!
.....//
:spergin:

Nah, it isn't your teeth, it's the fillings in them. Lucile Ball confirmed this when she located some secret spy network in WWII when she felt the signals gently caress with her fillings

FetusSlapper posted:

lol, nooooooooooooope!

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 16, 2016

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Lmao this is some MGSV phantom pain poo poo.

*CREDITS*

*phone rings*

Yes sir...

Gavin may have become aware of the secret radio.

I agree, its too late anyway

Yes sir

Bundy Boss may still be a factor

Very good.....MR PRESIDENT

*Directed by hideo kojima*

:lol: for real. poo poo like that guy's stream should have to have something like *FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY* plastered all over it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
What happens if Cliven doesn't report to them the money he has? Will they just deny him trial and ship him to prison for contempt of court or some other thing? Is there some sort of time limit they can hold him?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I don't know but I'll take a run at it. They will appoint a lawyer and bill him for it. Then sell his assets to pay the bill

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007

Crabtree posted:

What happens if Cliven doesn't report to them the money he has? Will they just deny him trial and ship him to prison for contempt of court or some other thing? Is there some sort of time limit they can hold him?

They'd just refuse to appoint a public defender, so he would have to hire his own or represent himself. Of course if he just flat refused to do either of those things he would wind up in contempt at some point, but that seems like a pretty stupid hill to die on, even for him.

edit: Or what the previous poster said? I don't know. I don't think the entire case is going to be derailed over this minor issue, is the main thing.

McNerd fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Feb 16, 2016

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Goodpancakes posted:

I don't know but I'll take a run at it. They will appoint a lawyer and bill him for it. Then sell his assets to pay the bill

Most likely this. The legal system has a way to make you pay when you don't want to

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Geostomp posted:

"But they didn't stand still and let me use my super reflexes like Die Hard!"

These guys do seem think that the world functions on Hollywood rules where the faceless cops or government goons are easily mowed down by the important characters and just cannot fathom that they aren't the big heroes who are supposed to win. If the enemy didn't then it's because they pulled some dirty trick that they just need a brainstorming scene or reinforcements to defeat.

It's fascinating to see just how childish their worldview really is.

It's part of the whole police state narratives. Think of the stereotypes we associate with various law enforcement agencies - a good old AMERICAN sheriff knocks on the door in broad daylight and casually informs you that he's received a complaint, whereas fascist stormtroopers kick in the door in the middle of the night or kill you in a shadowy assassination plot. The whole "fair fight" thing isn't just a defense of their masculinity and action hero fantasies, it also reinforces their narrative of a brutal police state using force to bring people in for unfair or manufactured charges.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I guess it depends on circumstances. While in their heads the movie rules are the law, when certain other things happen they'll go stupid of movie rules to explain it.

The most recent I've seen is "Finicum was right handed, why would he reach for a gun holstered on his left side??!!" Checkmate sheeple. It's like the ever popular movie crossdraw was never a thing. I'm surprised they don't claim they were all victims because no one used a fully automatic pistol/rifle like all the movies portray everyone has access to

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Yea, I saw this on netflix. It's funny, but also that these guys do go out of their way to cause incidents to prove their point about jackbooted thugs and government overreach, ignoring that they caused the situation in the first place.

The police will use every method to avoid anyone coming to harm, on either side. I've been told by a friend who is a cop that one of the reasons for knocking down doors is actually to get people to go out another exit where they can be taken down safely. Obviously they have to be ready in case the person inside is a stand your ground type, but the shock and awe works in either stunning people or forcing them to run.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Main Paineframe posted:

It's part of the whole police state narratives. Think of the stereotypes we associate with various law enforcement agencies - a good old AMERICAN sheriff knocks on the door in broad daylight and casually informs you that he's received a complaint, whereas fascist stormtroopers kick in the door in the middle of the night or kill you in a shadowy assassination plot. The whole "fair fight" thing isn't just a defense of their masculinity and action hero fantasies, it also reinforces their narrative of a brutal police state using force to bring people in for unfair or manufactured charges.

Then again, we do have SWAT team no-knock raids actually providing a justification for "fascist stormtroopers."

That article posted earlier by the anarchist who tried to join the occupiers (and left in disgust) uses things like that as one of its good points: there really are huge problems with the United States in every sense, from human rights violations and endemic corruption in policing to corporate influence on governing and lack of health care. People should be protesting and fighting long and hard to fix the problems with the country. But the Malheur occupiers, by and large, either didn't get a poo poo about the legitimate problems with the country (because they're obsessed with their own bizarre conspiracy theories and non-existent grievances) or absurdly misunderstand the causes of the problems and how they can be fixed. So they protest a government that's legitimately kinda lovely, but instead of doing anything of importance they just scream about bizarre cherry-picked interpretations of the Constitution and threaten to shoot anyone who opposes them.

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007
I'm actually a little curious about Bundy's financial situation. Surely all his money is tied up in cattle that the government is rightfully supposed to be auctioning off at this very moment? Are any of the proceeds from that cattle business legitimate at this point? How come they haven't just frozen all his accounts for illegal activity (or his corporation's, or whatever owns the cattle) and left him bankrupt? We got any cow lawyers here?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Goodpancakes posted:

Generally the financial statement is submitted under the penalty of perjury, so they can go after him for that. This basically never happens, but the bundys aren't popular.
And yes, they can bill after the fact as well.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Goodpancakes posted:

I would be surprised if he hasn't already received numerous offers of representation from Libertarian, Sovereign Citizen poo poo-heel attorneys trying to make a name for themselves. You could represent him and demand a portion of the TV/Movie/Book royalties as your fee.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

radical meme posted:

I would be surprised if he hasn't already received numerous offers of representation from Libertarian, Sovereign Citizen poo poo-heel attorneys trying to make a name for themselves. You could represent him and demand a portion of the TV/Movie/Book royalties as your fee.

Yeah, but he doesn't want to go to prison for his entire life.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Well he should have thought of that earlier.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Taerkar posted:

Well he should have thought of that earlier.

A decent lawyer gives him a slim hope, a bad lawyer none. Also, I predict bundy the elder turns on everyone for his own gain if allowed to.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Check the usual suspects on twitter for the Cliven detention memo, dude if hosed. Feds going ham.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Man I ducked out of this around a week after the raid happened and tarpman died, and now Cliven is arrested and his poo poo is being sold? A good day.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

highme posted:

Check the usual suspects on twitter for the Cliven detention memo, dude if hosed. Feds going ham.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/299471534/2-16-16-Doc-4-U-S-A-v-CLIVEN-BUNDY-USA-Detention-Memorandum-for-Cliven-Bundy

34 pages ooh baby

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

KittyEmpress posted:

Man I ducked out of this around a week after the raid happened and tarpman died, and now Cliven is arrested and his poo poo is being sold? A good day.

The specifics are even better. The shitshow that was the final four's ending literally lured him into fed custody. It helped that he was dumb enough to fly commercial but yes, the more you read the funnier it gets.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

All this and he even manages to suck as a rancher? I should really have seen this coming.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

KittyEmpress posted:

Here's an article I wrote explaining basically the whole occupation start to finish. I'm going to be keeping it updated as long as I can with new developments.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.

SocketWrench posted:

The most recent I've seen is "Finicum was right handed, why would he reach for a gun holstered on his left side??!!" Checkmate sheeple. It's like the ever popular movie crossdraw was never a thing. I'm surprised they don't claim they were all victims because no one used a fully automatic pistol/rifle like all the movies portray everyone has access to

That one is particularly stupid because how the gently caress would you pull anything out of the inside pocket of a coat with the hand on the same side?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

quote:

Bundy is lawless and violent. He does not recognize federal courts – claiming they are illegitimate – does not recognize federal law, refuses to obey federal court orders, has already used force and violence against federal law enforcement officers while they were enforcing federal court orders, nearly causing catastrophic loss of life or injury to others. He has pledged to do so again in the future to keep federal law enforcement officers from enforcing the law against him. As of the date of this hearing, he continues to violate federal court orders and continues to possess the proceeds of his illegal activities.

Feds not wasting any time getting to the heart of the matter. Goodbye Cliven. You made your bed and now you get to sleep in it.

e: And Bundy basically doesn't do anything with his cattle other than go looking for them when it's time to sell/slaughter them. In addition to all his stupid poo poo he "owns" about 1000 almost completely wild cattle that just roam freely at all times. :stare:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 16, 2016

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Feds not wasting any time getting to the heart of the matter. Goodbye Cliven. You made your bed and now you get to sleep in it.

told ya, the fbi builds this poo poo until they know their target is proper hosed. cliven is proper hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Evil Fluffy posted:

e: And Bundy basically doesn't do anything with his cattle other than go looking for them when it's time to sell/slaughter them. In addition to all his stupid poo poo he "owns" about 1000 almost completely wild cattle that just roam freely at all times. :stare:

This deserves to be quoted in full.

quote:

While Bundy claims he is a cattle rancher, his ranching operation – to the extent it can be called that – is unconventional if not bizarre. Rather than manage and control his cattle, he lets them run wild on the public lands with little, if any, human interaction until such time when he traps them and hauls them off to be sold or slaughtered for his own consumption. He does not vaccinate or treat his cattle for disease; does not employ cowboys to control and herd them; does not manage or control breeding; has no knowledge of where all the cattle are located at any given time; rarely brands them before he captures them; and has to bait them into traps in order to gather them.

Nor does he bring his cattle off the public lands in the off-season to feed them when the already sparse food supply in the desert is even scarcer. Raised in the wild, Bundy’s cattle are left to fend for themselves year-round, fighting off predators and scrounging for the meager amounts of food and water available in the difficult and arid terrain that comprises the public lands in that area of the country. Bereft of human interaction, his cattle that manage to survive are wild, mean and ornery. At the time of the events giving rise to the charges, Bundy’s cattle numbered over 1,000 head, straying as far as 50 miles from his ranch and into the Lake Mead National Recreation Area (“LMNRA”), getting stuck in mud, wandering onto golf courses, straying onto the freeway (causing accidents on occasion) – foraging aimlessly and wildly, roaming in small groups over hundreds of thousands of acres of federal lands that exist for the use of the general public for many other types of commercial and recreational uses such as camping, hunting, and hiking.

• Locked thread