Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Yeah it's making me lean towards backing it for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
I would love to back got to wait on the paycheck at then end of the month to decide since the new Kevin Crawford game goes on KS next month

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

JesterOfAmerica posted:

I would love to back got to wait on the paycheck at then end of the month to decide since the new Kevin Crawford game goes on KS next month

Oh poo poo, is that the Jack Kirby by way of Exalted one? That's gonna be an instant back for me, I love what he's done with the free version and after the DCC thing it'll be nice to see another OSR game being developed by someone who isn't a grudge-bearing weirdo.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Kai Tave posted:

Oh poo poo, is that the Jack Kirby by way of Exalted one? That's gonna be an instant back for me, I love what he's done with the free version and after the DCC thing it'll be nice to see another OSR game being developed by someone who isn't a grudge-bearing weirdo.

Yes! The beta 1.0 version of the rules is even already available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4qCWY8UnLrcSUhNYkIwSjZGc00/view

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Yep its Godbound the link is to the beta.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Is Crawford going to be allowed to do a full-on version of his Tekumel RPG? I would like to throw all my money at it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Mantic has said in the comments that they're gonna fix Glenn's goofy running pose

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Swagger Dagger posted:

7th Sea kickstarter just announced that they're making a continent based on Africa

Oh no!

Swagger Dagger posted:

and actually hiring someone who knows something about Africa to do it.

Oh yay!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Oh no!

Oh yay!

Yeah, the dude apparently has British parents, but was born and grew up in the African state of Rhodesia. So he probably knows what he's talking about.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Oh, just like how most Americans know things about American history or geography? :v:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah, the dude apparently has British parents, but was born and grew up in the African state of Rhodesia. So he probably knows what he's talking about.

Yea glad to see Wick has learned from past attempts to write on other cultures he looked up a couple times and thought were cool.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

boom boom boom posted:

Or Zimbabwe as it's been known since about 1979.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.
For one brief magical moment I thought Wick had somehow made an even worse decision than anyone could've imagined and hired a White Rhodesian to write his Africa setting.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Benly posted:

For one brief magical moment I thought Wick had somehow made an even worse decision than anyone could've imagined and hired a White Rhodesian to write his Africa setting.

that would have been pretty amazing

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Benly posted:

I have to admit I thought the same thing. Glad it's not so.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Not sure if this is reinventing the wheel, but these guys I backed a terrain KS for a couple years ago are funding Tiles of Adventuring, transparent acrylic, wet/dry-erase, jigsaw-assembled, 1" grid, blank or hex (with enough requests in comments) tiles, so that you can turn your favourite art print into an instant RPG or whatever map.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Feb 16, 2016

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Modiphius has a Kickstarter for their new Conan RPG. It's using the 2d20 system they've started using for everything.
I have mixed feelings; I hate that they have hit location on a sword and sorcery game, but this could easily be fixed by some of their specialty location dice, and they definitely went out to get a ton of amazing artists.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Pinnacle also just launched Weird War I - Savage Worlds.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Modiphius has a Kickstarter for their new Conan RPG. It's using the 2d20 system they've started using for everything.
I have mixed feelings; I hate that they have hit location on a sword and sorcery game, but this could easily be fixed by some of their specialty location dice, and they definitely went out to get a ton of amazing artists.

Stretch goal add ons. Yuck

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Modiphius has a Kickstarter for their new Conan RPG.

Loincloth McMeatslab Conan belongs in the trash. :colbert:

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Loincloth McMeatslab Conan belongs in the trash. :colbert:
Are you suggesting there is any other type of Conan?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Yes, the kind that is accurate to the books and thus isn't poo poo.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

What are you talking about. Conan never wore armor! Armor is for wussess, not clever warriors who will leverage every advantage they can get, especially when they're a loving King!

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Hiro Protagonist posted:

"Holy poo poo, I can get armor? Give me that loving armor right now" Conan.

I mean even Marvel Conan would get a mail shirt and a helmet sometimes, even if he was militantly anti-Pants.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Things Conan is: a man whose defining feature is bemoaning the fact that civilised people aren't practical enough, a king, a mercenary general, someone who only wears a loincloth twice in all of Howard's Conan stories (both times because he had to strip to his underwear because he was somewhere where wearing metal armour was a very bad idea), a scholar of dead languages, a guile hero, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, etc.

Things Conan isn't: a gigantic slab of meat who walks around without trousers all the time. :colbert:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Aw yes, I love their Weird War stuff

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Things Conan isn't: a gigantic slab of meat who walks around without trousers all the time. :colbert:

If any of us had thews that mighty we'd strut about trouserless all the time.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Anyone have opinions on Karmaka? It just hit 48 hours left a bit ago.

The art is goddamn stunning, and the concept is interesting, but I'm hesitant to drop money on it. It's won a bunch of awards apparently, so it's probably a safe bet.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Go RV! posted:

The art is goddamn stunning, and the concept is interesting, but I'm hesitant to drop money on it. It's won a bunch of awards apparently, so it's probably a safe bet.

I liked the look of it, so I backed it awhile ago. That's not much of an opinion I guess, but I plopped down money.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
cool, smooshed cars

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Go RV! posted:

Looks great, definitely want it, but the shipping is 60% of the cost and that kills it dead for me.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Go RV! posted:

It looks interesting, but it's blown past all the stretch goals and there doesn't seem to be a particularly compelling reason to back. Wait for its release and reviews and then throw it into a CSI order.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
World Wide Wrestling RPG: International Incident recently sent the new season 2 Gimmicks to backers.

quote:

Season Two Gimmicks

The Time Bomb, by Justin L. Phillips: The business has taken its toll on your body. Held together by steel, screws, and sheer will, you probably should have hung it up by now but the child support payments, money you owe to your “pharmacist”, or your own hubris keep you stepping back into the ring. When will you take your final 3 count?
The Iconoclast, by Sean Walsh: You’re a gunslinger, a giant-killer, a career-ender. Your talents are wasted on jabronis; your prey are the greatest heroes and vilest villains that the wrestling universe has to offer. You will forge your own legend from the broken bodies and shattered egos of past greats…until the day that you become the legend to be taken down.
The Foreigner, by Adam Goldberg: Yer not from here. Yer from SOMEWHERE ELSE! You’re not sure what it says about pro wrestling that “guy from another country” is still a valid character, but you keep getting paid to make it work. How long until the audience stops caring?
The Boss: You’re in charge. Whether you used to compete, you’re the head of the corporation or you just play the boss on TV, you have the power to make the rules, punish those who cross you and elevate those who you think are the real future of the business.

There's still 19 days to go and they've reached almost 10k already. It's a cool game and the beta rules are available for free on the website, if you're interested.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe
Co-op scifi boardgame Battlestations is kickstarting a second edition, with rewritten rules, a huge scenario/content book, and higher-quality components. They've already hit their main goal and are working through some stretch goals.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Lord Hypnostache posted:

World Wide Wrestling RPG: International Incident recently sent the new season 2 Gimmicks to backers.

There's still 19 days to go and they've reached almost 10k already. It's a cool game and the beta rules are available for free on the website, if you're interested.

I'm kind of curious how Time Bomb is different from Wasted?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

How should I feel about Control? I think it's the theme that's exciting me more than anything.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It also has nice looking art.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

spectralent posted:

I'm kind of curious how Time Bomb is different from Wasted?

Time Bomb is basically the Ric Flair retirement angle, the gimmick is all about having just a few more great matches and maybe passing the torch before being forced to retire due to health concerns.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I lowered my WWWRPG pledge down to just digital due to some unexpected expenses. So at least for right now, there is one (of 15) "JOIN THE ROSTER" slot available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The_Doctor posted:

How should I feel about Control? I think it's the theme that's exciting me more than anything.

This is some red flag marketing:

quote:

We wanted to make a gateway game that non-gamers or game night veterans could enjoy. It shares similarities to card games like Magic the Gathering or Hearthstone, but in a simpler easy-to-pick-up-and-play way, akin to Love Letter. Anyone older than 10 who has a knack for card games should enjoy themselves.

Aside from being a card game where the cards have abilities, that is pretty much where the similarities end. This is the card game equivalent of a videogame Kickstarter saying that it is "like Dark Souls." It's just marketing buzzwords hiding an inability to market your product.

The rules also seem sort dumb. Like, I can get behind the Love Letter esque draw one play one deal, but it absolutely loses me on

quote:

Defuse an opponent’s fuel cells with a Fuel Cell of your own of equal or higher value.

This just seems like an open invitation to be a vindictive rear end. The beauty of Love Letter is that barring extremely extraneous circumstances, the game will end in 5 minutes tops. There's no two steps forward, one step back sort of thing. You are always moving towards a quick, inevitable end, which makes it great for filler. Like oh let's play Love Letter while Dave is dealing with his wife/kids. But here you get a game where you can just mob on the leader in a remarkably lazy way, and that's bad design. I mean I guess you can play all your Soldier and Baron cards on one dude in Love Letter, but that's not at all a sure thing.

I'm also not a fan of one person being able to win the game in 3 cards (because it's a race to 21 with a large spread of numbers), while someone else can only hope to get the Rewind to nuke their top cards, essentially sacrificing their turn (and letting other players get ahead) to do so. Cool.

Really the take away is to just get Love Letter.

• Locked thread