Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Judging from how Merc laid it out, it wasn't anything too special. From the front of the bank, we got the right side vault door and we spent the bulk of the time just holding out in that adjacent outer hallway, which gives plenty of hard cover for both angles. Winters spawned relatively early and was easy pickings for the two RPGs we brought. The big success was making our escape during a perfect lull in the assaults, and the only thing stopping us was one Cloaker and two easy snipers. We even had one of the better van spawns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Almost every RBR run I've done was before Sokol came out, but post-Grinder and buffed Muscle, we didn't have to worry about things like taking hostages to get health regen via Hostage Taker or the Crew Chief glitch. We got the far vault so we had the little hallway which is great for holding out in. We got really lucky with the Winters spawn, which I assumed would be our big stumbling block. If he had come during a sustain or at a less opportune time we wouldn't have rocketed him to oblivion so easily. Other than that it was just everyone being super on point, especially with the scripted cloaker spawns.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
One new achievement has showed up. Smart money is on DW Goat Simulator Pro!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Good thing I did that flawless practice run last night to get Buckshot his DW mask. It'll never be replicated. :suicide:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
What do you do for kit when you're going for Reputation Beyond Reproach? Big beefy techforcers and grinder fugiforcers?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

More or less yes. You may consider dipping into aced Hostage Taker but it's no longer mandatory, and your builds will look weird if you're going to be someone bringing first aid kits but if you're bringing ammo a bog standard Techforcer works just fine. You might consider bringing C4 to speed along certain parts (mainly ignoring the cage, and taking the most direct route to the PC) but it's not a make or break thing. Also if you have the taser you don't need to spec into aced Counter-Strike.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'd figure flamethrowers now are better than miniguns in their capacity to hurt crowds, stop cloakers and probably reload several seconds faster for the rep beyond reproach.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

John Murdoch posted:

Judging from how Merc laid it out, it wasn't anything too special. From the front of the bank, we got the right side vault door and we spent the bulk of the time just holding out in that adjacent outer hallway, which gives plenty of hard cover for both angles. Winters spawned relatively early and was easy pickings for the two RPGs we brought. The big success was making our escape during a perfect lull in the assaults, and the only thing stopping us was one Cloaker and two easy snipers. We even had one of the better van spawns.

Yeah, it was a hell of a run and I think we just got incredibly lucky. That hallway was a great holdout spot, though - really easy to control from all angles, near the vault door and no real danger cloaker spots near the exits. Merc and I spent the entire heist more or less just fanning fire down into the main hallway, and not a whole lot made it in. A lot of the timing was perfect - we didn't even have to go out of our way for Winters, since he showed up while we were in the hall for the drill anyway. Everybody was just on point - I don't think a single sniper got a shot off, and most of the dozers didn't survive five seconds. About the only thing that went wrong was that we didn't keep a hostage for the extended lull.

And yeah, techforcers/fugiforcers are the way to go. Ammo bags and first aid kits for days.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Overall the new heists feel kind of flat to me, I can't put a specific reason on it but neither one got my interesting like FWB or Slaughterhouse did. They just felt too easy, I guess?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
And the community goes back to just posting ascii middle fingers on patch update. Boohoohoo, megamasks and weapon crates.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Crabtree posted:

And the community goes back to just posting ascii middle fingers on patch update. Boohoohoo, megamasks and weapon crates.

Some of it isn't bad, actually

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Dr Cheeto posted:

One new achievement has showed up. Smart money is on DW Goat Simulator Pro!

While this would make sense, the other possibility is it will be the Wolf Safe achievement.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

While this would make sense, the other possibility is it will be the Wolf Safe achievement.

It was for the Goat Sim heist after all, it's titled "Pro Goat"

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

I think they're going to stick to using map themes for achievement safes.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

BillmasterCozb posted:

It was for the Goat Sim heist after all, it's titled "Pro Goat"

I just did goat sim pro last night to get my Death Wish Skull, now I've got to do it again to get a another achievement. :suicide:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dr Cheeto posted:

I think they're going to stick to using map themes for achievement safes.

It's also a little too soon. They usually wait a few weeks before introducing another event safe.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Its following me to other games :tinfoil:

http://i.imgur.com/AJDZih1.gifv

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Poking around with Counterfeit stealth, it appears that they've changed up a few dynamics-but that bugs remain. I got into the basement without talking to Mitchell by killing the black civilian near the door and crowbaring my way in. So far, so good. When the first pair of police arrived, I killed the first, who pathed into the basement. The other never went downstairs, but instead I found that two civilians (who had spawned in conversation in Mitchell's kitchen) pathed into the basement and alerted off of the hack, which seems to have caused things to instantly go loud.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Geight posted:

Overall the new heists feel kind of flat to me, I can't put a specific reason on it but neither one got my interesting like FWB or Slaughterhouse did. They just felt too easy, I guess?

Counterfeit was originally one of the easier heists in PD: TH, yes, with the hardest part on Overkill 145+ being beating the escape timer. Undercover, however, was really difficult and in particular nigh impossible if you got the limo landing on the roof. It was much harder to take out snipers back then and they would absolutely murder you.

Both heists are definitely easier on Payday 2, though.

Waiting for No Mercy to make an appearance now...

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

Someone gifted me PD:TH a while back and we played it for a bit. Mostly on normal I think. Goddamn is that game hard. I love how assault waves are really assault waves. Either everything is flooded with cops, or they're gone for a good period of time. And gently caress me were dozers fast back then.

I'd love to see Heat Street as the next classic. And I miss all the banter between the gang and Bain, there's some really nice back and forth about changing mission plans.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
How is the recoil on the Falcon? Looks like it is a really solid rifle now, and it looks like the best of the heavy rifles too. But then again, I've been playing with shotguns since I started this game so my opinion might be a little hosed.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Fleve posted:

I'd love to see Heat Street as the next classic. And I miss all the banter between the gang and Bain, there's some really nice back and forth about changing mission plans.

Only having watched some payday 1 stuff on Youtube, I also wish the gang still talked to Bain the way they did in that one, as in, talked to Bain at all. That said I think all the heisters added just makes that less likely since it would require more and more effort with each heist and heister added.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

Geight posted:

Only having watched some payday 1 stuff on Youtube, I also wish the gang still talked to Bain the way they did in that one, as in, talked to Bain at all. That said I think all the heisters added just makes that less likely since it would require more and more effort with each heist and heister added.

There's an update to Project Canary called Project Phoenix that adds in a lot of chatter between heisters and bain. I haven't used the updated Phoenix, but Canary was one of my favorite PD2 modes pre-Crimefest meltdown.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Mesadoram posted:

How is the recoil on the Falcon? Looks like it is a really solid rifle now, and it looks like the best of the heavy rifles too. But then again, I've been playing with shotguns since I started this game so my opinion might be a little hosed.

It's quite good. It can even be modified to be semi-concealable. The main drawback is low total ammo, but that's pretty minor unless you're doing some long-haul thing on DW.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I made a concealable Falcon once because I was so bored of taking a CAR-4 to Shadow Raid. It actually worked out really well. First and foremost because I'd get teammates asking "what the hell is that" while we duped thermal paste because it wasn't a CAR-4.

For loud heists though what got me into trouble with the Falcon was thinking "hey 40 round mag I can just spam this everywhere" and that's not really useful. If you keep it in semi-auto don't always fire as fast as you can click, that won't work. A tiny bit slower and you'll be hitting every shot for the whole mag, though.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What's a pretty good akimbo-dodge build? I am Infamy 4 but havn't played in forever.

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

-Troika- posted:

What's a pretty good akimbo-dodge build? I am Infamy 4 but havn't played in forever.

I think I run something like this: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSOLhiJEFDa:eiEfDa:ghECa:frsoKhiEFGCda:ibcea:::

There's some crap filler single point stuff here and there, but you get aced Inspire, low blow, sneaky bastard, akimbo and some QoL skills. I also just assumed you didn't have Technician infamied yet because it's a stupid tree.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

-Troika- posted:

Do you want Inspire on your build? Try something like this. There's probably room for improvement in that build, but you get the idea.

If you don't care about Inspire, try something [url=http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mda:eIEDa:ghECda:fqrsoKMJEGCda:ibcdea:::]like this[url]. Invest the other points wherever you want. Drill skills, shotgun skills, silencer skills, whatever gets you off.

All Akimbos are very concealable, so you can basically run whichever ones you want. Just make sure you mod and take a secondary that puts you under 5 concealment. Shouldn't be too hard.

You can use either Rogue or Grinder. Grinder has the edge, IMO. You still retain a reasonable amount of dodge by being in a suit, and by sprinting and crouching. You also regenerate health, and... that's really good.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Psion posted:

I made a concealable Falcon once because I was so bored of taking a CAR-4 to Shadow Raid. It actually worked out really well. First and foremost because I'd get teammates asking "what the hell is that" while we duped thermal paste because it wasn't a CAR-4.

For loud heists though what got me into trouble with the Falcon was thinking "hey 40 round mag I can just spam this everywhere" and that's not really useful. If you keep it in semi-auto don't always fire as fast as you can click, that won't work. A tiny bit slower and you'll be hitting every shot for the whole mag, though.

:agreed: about the falcon being good and fun as hell but I prefer bringing a secondary with a large ammo pool if I'm bringing something like the falcon as primary and basically use the secondary most of the time. Then when I need to address a significant number of cops I just bring out the Falcon and mow them down.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

-Troika- posted:

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mSoLhIJEfbDa:eIEDa:ghECda:fqrsoKhiEFGbCa:ibcdea:::
This is what I use. Bullseye is a really good skill that's often overlooked, and it'll help your survivability quite a bit. Grinder is far better than Rogue if you've got the Sokol DLC, and Gunslinger Aced is unnecessary. Akimbo Bernettis hit 40 damage without it and pair well with the Baby Deagle (or the actual Deagle if you don't have the Point Break DLC), or bring two Deagles and a Gruber Kurz that also hits 40 (39.9 is 40 now) if you're feeling sassy. The Kurz has a +3 concealment boost that will take it to 31, and that lets you mod the Deagles all the way down to 24 concealment.

Leadership Aced isn't bad to have but usually I've got a teammate who has it - if you don't, feel free to mix around the lower tiers of Mastermind to suit you, but don't lose Dominator. Lower tiers of Fugitive are also to taste - I find steadiness boosts worthless, and the occasional stealth makes Winston Wolfe/Sixth Sense worth it for me. You're pretty much gonna have to waste points somewhere in Fugitive, though, so it might as well be things that are occasionally slightly helpful.

Oh, and it's tempting to get rid of Stun Resistance in the Enforcer tree in favor of something else, but trust me: it's not worth it. gently caress flashbangs forever.

ClonedPickle fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 16, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
So uh, I found out today that you can tip fork lifts over.

And if you get into the passenger side you can get trapped if there is no where for the game to let you out that "Isn't blocked". But you can apparently drive the tripped over forklift when its in this state and remove bags from it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Tabula Rasa is a really pleasant experience with the Crimefest buffs to the Typewriter. Grinder is still hilarious on Overkill.

Crabtree posted:

So uh, I found out today that you can tip fork lifts over.

And if you get into the passenger side you can get trapped if there is no where for the game to let you out that "Isn't blocked". But you can apparently drive the tripped over forklift when its in this state and remove bags from it.

The tines I've tipped a forklift the game gave me a "press f to respawn" prompt and warped me a short distance from where I was. No idea why this didn't happen here!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
100% cheevos at last. For now. :toot:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

They're going to add a new event safe and gently caress us all over again. :ohdear:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Assuming they don't make a finish the heist with one or more people in a mega mask one, you know 100%ing this game is only temporary until new content hits.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Crabtree posted:

Assuming they don't make a finish the heist with one or more people in a mega mask one,

It's been a while since they've had DLC mask requirements for achievements, I think they've given up on that.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
I want it to happen just so I can see the community go mental. :allears:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Sykic posted:

I want it to happen just so I can see the community go mental. :allears:

You're in luck, this will happen regardless.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Payday 2: Stealing goats as not-Keanu Reeves while listening to techno Jingle Bells

And then watching the Reddit community bitch about a game they supposedly stopped playing months ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

BillmasterCozb posted:

do not cheer his death you retards

give me a supreme court heist where the goal is to erase scalia's records from the books