Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Alexander DeLarge posted:

"I already have Mumble and it works so why do I need something else?"

I could understand if that was it, but people seem to speak with malice about discord. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnsonrod
Oct 25, 2004

Thanks. Me and a few friends just got a key from this. Not sure how long it'll last though.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
A key for, whoever.

7E4D-7F2F-7B21-4EAF-A9AC

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!

YOTC posted:

I could understand if that was it, but people seem to speak with malice about discord. :shrug:

I think it's cause it's new. Me and my friends still pay for our ventrilo server, even though discord is free.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

vrath posted:

I think it's cause it's new. Me and my friends still pay for our ventrilo server, even though discord is free.
VoIP Wars 2: Ventrilo Boogaloo

I bet you and your friends also vote for neoconservatives.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

LumberingTroll posted:

A key for, whoever.

7E4D-7F2F-7B21-4EAF-A9AC

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

kalstrams posted:

Or just use launcher, why bother. What disheartens me is that you have to pick region you're going to play on during the installation - I hope that is later adjustable, somehow, in case you want to hop off to another continent to goof off or something.

That is the launcher if people didn't want to go to the site, login, and click download.

Godmode Enabled fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Feb 17, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Godmode Enabled posted:

That us the launcher if people didn't want to go to the site, login, and click download.
Goons...

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
beta starts in like 30 hours right?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Skwee posted:

beta starts in like 30 hours right?
Yes, a wee bit under 30.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hmm, a week and a half without pets will suck rear end.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Any more extra keys, just started looking into this.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I bet you all cant wait to hunt whales with guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVcCkuiytvc

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Isn't whales with guns what the star citizen goons hunt right now?

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
So reading the OP, is Tamer really going to be nerfed into the ground where I should just not bother? Class looks cool but if it is not going to be fun than I may as well roll something else.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
play what you want unless you're truly only going to play this for 3 weeks

Since it's B2P I'd imagine I'll be going back to it every once in a while assuming the company doesn't poo poo the bed with their business model.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

Drinkfist posted:

I bet you all cant wait to hunt whales with guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVcCkuiytvc

Is that considered a tradeskill?

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!

kalstrams posted:

VoIP Wars 2: Ventrilo Boogaloo

I bet you and your friends also vote for neoconservatives.

The ones of us that are chipping in the 1.50 each a year do.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

ohsosad posted:

Is that considered a tradeskill?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKKOSJ97j8Q

It is a way of life sir.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

A WAY OF LIFE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFVm75R2Nec

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

I hope that music is actually what plays while you fight it.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

kalstrams posted:

Or just use launcher, why bother. What disheartens me is that you have to pick region you're going to play on during the installation - I hope that is later adjustable, somehow, in case you want to hop off to another continent to goof off or something.

you can change region between usa and europe in the launcher options

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Ryoutarou posted:

So reading the OP, is Tamer really going to be nerfed into the ground where I should just not bother? Class looks cool but if it is not going to be fun than I may as well roll something else.

Tamers are considered weak since in Korea people with +16 and higher gear can kill the pet quickly. Also I think enchants are capped at +15 for NA (not 100% positive on this being true) which makes it less of an issue. Also the new awakening is supposed to make Tamers less reliant on the pet. Just pick something you can stand playing.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Buffs and nerfs are forever an ongoing thing. Pick the thing you believe to be "cool".

I mean it won't be because goons make terrible life decisions but at least then you won't be slamming your genitals in a car door when [thing] gets nerfed in 6 months and [other class] is rolling your rear end and you're left with nothing but a character you never really liked to start with.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.
I made my way up to 50 yesterday, thanks to my friend, and while I was leveling I got awards for each 10th level so I end up with items worth more than 2 millions and +10% experience gained set. So now I can buy decent gear and start enchanting it.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

But everyone knows you are supposed to pick the one "op" class because some guy on the internet said to. This keeps the game stable by nullifying all other choices of classes because one is clearly better than the others. That being said all classes in the game are nerfed in the Korea version except the Giant. They buffed the Giant so that he kills in one hit. So pick that class because I told you to. The other classes are only there to serve as bait for the inexperienced players and to give the illusion of choice.

Do not be fooled. Pick the Giant.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I heard the giant can toss people off cliffs to their deaths in pvp.

If you can make a giant that looks like Ron Perlman then I think we might be onto something.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hy_C posted:

Also I think enchants are capped at +15 for NA (not 100% positive on this being true) which makes it less of an issue. Also the new awakening is supposed to make Tamers less reliant on the pet.
Enchants are capped at +15 in the base game, first expansion pushes the cap to +20. Whale hunters from a few posts before - hunting on the sea is also introduced in that expansion. As to new awakening, we don't know for certain if it does make Tamers rely less on their pets. Despite that, and the almost certain future nerf, and the fact that even at just +15 the dog is not exactly the most surviving thing ever, if you want to play Tamer - play it, this is "Tamer is worthless" talk is pure sperging and good Tamer in any patch will gently caress up majority of people who spend their time on forums writing how bad Tamer is instead of, uhh, actually playing.

In fact, top spergs may, under certain circumstances, specifically pick Tamer, disregarding the expectable nerf and eventual change in the overall PvP dynamic, though that is not exactly what it appears to be.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am a power bottom sperg

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DancingShade posted:

I heard the giant can toss people off cliffs to their deaths in pvp.
You can but it's tricky to pull it off and if you make that work against any class other than other berserker or a valkyrie, then you may as well have just yelled obscene profanities at them in the chat to mentally stun them.

Updawgs
Oct 14, 2012

Gonna sine yo pitty
on da runny kine
Thinking about preordering the Conqueror's Ed. for the goodies, but want to see how it runs on my PC first. Anyone happen to have a spare key lying around? Many thanks!

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Edit: Nvm!

Sarah fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 17, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tamer's awakening is landing tomorrow, so we'll hopefully have some details on how that works out.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

This is the most cargo cult mmo I have ever seen. It's like they just played a bunch of other mmos for an hour then randomly copied mechanics and aesthetics without any further thought or effort.

It somehow simultaneously reminds you of a bunch of other mmos while also being so generic your eyes just glaze over after about 10 seconds.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Thanks I got one from this. Haven't really been following the thread, but am I correct in thinking the sorceress is basically a rogue without stealth?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sorceress is not really a stealthless rogue, but it's an assassiny class for sure. Stealthless rogue is female ninja, for which there is no ETA on introduction.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Thanks I never liked stealth anyways

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jackard posted:

Thanks I never liked stealth anyways, prefer the quick ambush
Sorceress and tamer are ambushers, rangers and bladers are the quick. Female ninjas are both.

Edit: They've reverted cash shop launch date back to the release, thank god.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Feb 17, 2016

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kimsemus posted:

Why is there always a comical race of short people? Can we not have an MMO where humans just slaughter each other wholesale as god intended?

When is someone going to top Everquest 2 and its 24 races?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
Trailer for the game.
They got Tay *Chocolate Rain* Zonday to narrate... bad decision :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW7bVcGlgfo