Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Looks like Leonard J. Crabbs is gonna get some more work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Dick Bass posted:

[Local] Husky@admrlhusky: OK NOW IF YOU WANT A LAWSUIT FILED ON YOUR rear end KEEP FOLLOWING ME IF YOU DON'T BEAT IT NOW

Followed-up with:

[Local] Husky@admrlhusky: guys hold up a minute the person that caused you guys to start trolling my character wa s my brother he got on without my permission i beg please leave me in peace

Technical Analysis posted:

Looks like Leonard J. Crabbs is gonna get some more work.

It's been a slow decade for Leonard.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

So I finished Q's nonsense and have a T6 Sciboat to round out the trifecta. Aside from Gravity Well III and the Tractor Beam things, what skills make the biggest mess of the battlefield?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

AfroSquirrel posted:

So I finished Q's nonsense and have a T6 Sciboat to round out the trifecta. Aside from Gravity Well III and the Tractor Beam things, what skills make the biggest mess of the battlefield?

Eject Warp Plasma

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
TBR erry day

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nita posted:

TBR erry day

TBR + evasive maneuvers as you push the boss well out of firing range every 30 seconds or so.

If people still do Khitomer Space Advanced (do they?) you can push Donatra over the planet in the distance. My record was about half an hour "I'm helping, TBR does great damage".

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb
You can push almost any required kill unit out of detection range. Use your imagination in that regard.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Aleth posted:

Which fucker is playing as Hoxton and getting downed whilst I'm away?

Grimrak. Probably.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Destabilizing Resonance Beam - because gently caress you for being epileptic!

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Is the end game any different than when they launched the Romulus xpac a while back? I mean endgame for space stuff. Most of it wasn't really a challenge.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zotix posted:

Is the end game any different than when they launched the Romulus xpac a while back? I mean endgame for space stuff. Most of it wasn't really a challenge.

Sure, there are less people actively queuing for things like STFs to the point several have simply been removed from the game (because updating them was too hard) and PVP has been dead for years.

Everything is a challenge for pubbies. Many of them would still struggle to break 5k dps.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Today NoP Public Service lost pone of it's biggest cell ship inviters to jackbooted moderation of a sad little oval office. 2/16 never forget.

More dumbasses in NoPPS posted:

[NoP Public Service] One of Trillion@admiralbruce1: LF3M to create a FED fleet......will pay 1M ECs each person you can leave after the fleet is created

[NoP Public Service] Zae@lagomorphic: look at @admiralbruce1 breaking all the rules

[System] Permissions for @admiralbruce1 in "NoP Public Service" changed: Muted.

[NoP Public Service] Greebo Ogg@john1crichton: @admiralbruce1 isnt brakign any know rulez

[NoP Public Service] Nilvok@til027: nothing against asking or people to help create a fleet, also nothing against giving people an unrelated gift of a small loan of a million dollars

[NoP Public Service] Zae@lagomorphic: you can't ask for or offer payment for anything in this channel

[NoP Public Service] Nilvok@til027: sure you can, aslong as it's a gift payment, not a transaction

[NoP Public Service] Jhet'leya@Highlandrise85: nope

[System] Permissions for @til027 in "NoP Public Service" changed: Muted.

[NoP Public Service] Jhet'leya@Highlandrise85: buying selling or even offering gifts like that is not allowed

[NoP Public Service] Zae@lagomorphic: feel free to send me a mail once you've actually read the channel rules til027

[Tell] Nilvok@til027: I did, you are incorrect, read your own rules

[Tell] To Nilvok@til027: well feel free to use another channel

[NoP Public Service] Djinkal@danielreynolds124: you can give stuff away it says

[NoP Public Service] Greebo Ogg@john1crichton: i think u guys overeacting itsn nto taht he wats to be payed for fleet gear

[Tell] Nilvok@til027: but don't bother, mute one of the biggest cell ship inviters, I couldn't give a gently caress

[NoP Public Service] Greebo Ogg@john1crichton: offerign ec for time wich u spend helping isnt same same as brekaign your rulez

[NoP Public Service] Zae@lagomorphic: yeah but offering to "give" stuff in exhange for being "given" other stuff is not allowed

[NoP Public Service] Tahina@avalonvariable: Its a slippery slope to other bad things.

[NoP Public Service] Zae@lagomorphic: it's just breaking the rules and trying to be cute about it

[NoP Public Service] Jhet'leya@Highlandrise85: you basically offer to pay for his time or his help, declaring it as a gift does no change anything

[NoP Public Service] Zae@lagomorphic: trying to lawyer around the rules just means we skip the warning

[NoP Public Service] Djinkal@danielreynolds124: hmm. i guess we better stop doing trivia giveaways then

[Tell] Nilvok@til027: I didnt break any rules though...

[NoP Public Service] Jhet'leya@Highlandrise85: not*

[NoP Public Service] Tahina@avalonvariable: I think folks are auditioning to replace Scalia. LOL

[NoP Public Service] Jhet'leya@Highlandrise85: a giveaway is a giveaway, you dont expect or ask for anything in exchange, so dont mix up things.

[NoP Public Service] Zae@lagomorphic: if you start charging entry fees for your giveaway your going to get kicked

[Tell] Nilvok@til027: sad little oval office

[System] @til027 is ignoring you.

Will update again if/when he starts jamming my inbox with hatemail.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Everything is a challenge for pubbies. Many of them would still struggle to break 5k dps.
For example, there's a thread on the front page of the STO reddit asking if people use macros or manually activate all their powers, and of course the vast majority not only manually activate but most proudly proclaim they click with their mouse but it's okay because they totally break 8000 dps!! :ughh:

If you have any idea of how to build a ship and play the game you're likely outdamaging everyone else in the group put together, probably with room to spare.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Lagomorphic posted:

Today NoP Public Service lost pone of it's biggest cell ship inviters to jackbooted moderation of a sad little oval office. 2/16 never forget.

Will update again if/when he starts jamming my inbox with hatemail.

That guy isn't one of the biggest anything.

Except, well, about a year ago I think he became convinced he knew a trick to increase his odds winning lockbox ships since he stared at the system log and discovered a pattern.

He spent all his space money on lockbox keys and didn't win ships and quit sto.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Love the one dink threatening to take his precious giveaways away.

And jesus, it appalls me to see so many people who don't realize there is both a letter of the law, and a spirit of the law.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

hakimashou posted:

That guy isn't one of the biggest anything.

Except, well, about a year ago I think he became convinced he knew a trick to increase his odds winning lockbox ships since he stared at the system log and discovered a pattern.

He spent all his space money on lockbox keys and didn't win ships and quit sto.

Speaking of, a predditor has discovered that lock boxes are a scam. A SCAM!!!

https://m.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/464nnl/the_pattern_of_lockbox_winners/

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's still hilarious how much pubs are unwilling to admit that the economy in this game is utterly broken and completely controlled by a handful of people.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Bieeardo posted:

Love the one dink threatening to take his precious giveaways away.

And jesus, it appalls me to see so many people who don't realize there is both a letter of the law, and a spirit of the law.

Yeah the space lawyers are the best/worst.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Geko is making grandiose claims again

https://twitter.com/CaptainGeko/status/699122995197906944

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
Can someone with twitter respond "A competent lead developer"?

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Lagomorphic posted:

Isn't admiralbruce1 one of those lovely STO radio DJs? Not sure if it's SSR or one of the clones, but that makes this all the better.

Edit: lol, look what's sitting in my inbox:

Edit x2: And my response:

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Feb 17, 2016

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Did someone here change my Avatar? This is basically the only thread I post in these days.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

FM or rahmi maybe? Because ~anime~

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

"Replacement of key staff by PWE as a result of dropping user numbers."

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Tuskin38 posted:

Did someone here change my Avatar? This is basically the only thread I post in these days.

That text is pretty spot on though.

EDIT: It's probably a railrokh/troika alliance out to destroy the hugbox and steal every mark in the game :tinfoil:

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Zotix posted:

You'll probably find it less challenging if you're willing to spend the time grinding out the current end game equipment.

Confirmed, they're killing the game. :dance:

Lagomorphic posted:

With the amount of back talk you were getting, it sounds like that channel needs a culling.

Psycho Landlord posted:

EDIT: It's probably a railrokh/troika alliance out to destroy the hugbox and steal every mark in the game :tinfoil:
Someone changed my av around the time Grimrak got his picture of Wario (which he's using on twitter and mumble), so I have my suspicions. :tinfoil:

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Feb 17, 2016

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Zotix posted:

There was one space endgame mission that was awesome and like a raid in a real MMO where you flew through chambers of an alien megastructure.

They removed it because it was effort or something to leave it up I dunno.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The fact the Breach was the best drat queue they ever did and it's one they removed is insulting really.

I guess the idea Bort of one of the other devs admitted to was that it was a lot more complex than most of the other queues and something broke and caused a lot of server strain, but all that really proves is that the dev team is too small/incompetent/both to actually fix real problems with the game. :geno:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Asimo posted:

The fact the Breach was the best drat queue they ever did and it's one they removed is insulting really.

I guess the idea Bort of one of the other devs admitted to was that it was a lot more complex than most of the other queues and something broke and caused a lot of server strain, but all that really proves is that the dev team is too small/incompetent/both to actually fix real problems with the game. :geno:

Yeah. They removed the best endgame group instance in the game ever and replaced it with a recycled DS9 space map with a second DS9 in slightly different colors as you shoot waves of mediocre respawning trash.

Wow, amazing effort there PWE.
:effort:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
That's not the worst part. The worst part is that they threw in an "the enemy goes invulnerable and heals back up if you kill it too fast/at all". That's poo poo game design and has always been poo poo game design. loving Firefall does it all the time as well and it pisses me off there too.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

fakemirage posted:

With the amount of back talk you were getting, it sounds like that channel needs a culling.

I took the liberty of culling some of the channel last night after witnessing one of the worst Star Wars discussions I've ever seen in my life. @jester1007 or something first spent a good ten minutes bitching about Harrison Ford because the latter somehow "broke the spell" and ruined the former's immersion by not being terribly enthusiastic about the SW series. He then complained that Star Wars was getting too PC because there was a black lead.

I also knocked someone out for complaining that "Supergirl" was pushing feminism in our faces while playing a nude female ERP toon on Risa.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

DonDoodles posted:

I took the liberty of culling some of the channel last night after witnessing one of the worst Star Wars discussions I've ever seen in my life. @jester1007 or something first spent a good ten minutes bitching about Harrison Ford because the latter somehow "broke the spell" and ruined the former's immersion by not being terribly enthusiastic about the SW series. He then complained that Star Wars was getting too PC because there was a black lead.

I also knocked someone out for complaining that "Supergirl" was pushing feminism in our faces while playing a nude female ERP toon on Risa.

There's a dude that literally committed suicide because of the idea of a black lead in The Force Awakens, so that kind of poo poo shouldn't be surprising at this point. Turns out both the Star franchises attract gross racist nerds, whoda thunk

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
"A BLACK sheriff?"
"It worked in Blazing Saddles"

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Psycho Landlord posted:

There's a dude that literally committed suicide because of the idea of a black lead in The Force Awakens, so that kind of poo poo shouldn't be surprising at this point. Turns out both the Star franchises attract gross racist nerds, whoda thunk

:magical:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Blazing Saddles is one of the funniest movies ever and it could never be made today :smith:

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Psycho Landlord posted:

Turns out both the Star franchises attract gross racist nerds, whoda thunk

Which is funny (Ironic?) considering Star Trek was originally about equality.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 17, 2016

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Tuskin38 posted:

Which is funny (Ironic?) considering Star Trek was originally about equality.

A lot of them also yell about how bad communism is too

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

There sure are a lot of free sets since last year. I assume the rep items I ground out long ago still are better than quest stuff.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

DonDoodles posted:

I took far too long in joining NoPPS if pubbies are this idiotic and easy to troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Roseo posted:

I took far too long in joining NoPPS if pubbies are this idiotic and easy to troll.

NoPPS is actually one of the better behaved channels in the game, too.

Edit: That being said, if it weren't for Lago's responsible management of the channel, I would have laid waste to it months ago by making Tso'Bak an admin.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 17, 2016

• Locked thread