Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

G-Hawk posted:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/...pport.html#more

clinton 46 bernie 44 (and the crosstabs look even better for Bernie, plus the poll probably isn't white enough)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/02/17/why-oklahoma-could-be-a-super-tuesday-surprise-for-sanders/

I got in earlier at 23 cents but its still way undervalued, it should be around 50/50 if not leaning Bernie

Agreed. OK actually fits Bernie's demographic profile, including outperforming with rural whites. PPP confirms it's close, and PPP has had a heavy Clinton bias in NH and IA.

OK is also an open primary, but only for the Democrats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Adar posted:

small (for me, large for most of you) bet

not so humble brag

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Peachstapler posted:

Woah there. Why? Looks like a consistent Clinton lead there since time immemorial.

538 lists it as something of a tossup.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/bernie-sanderss-path-to-the-nomination

That said, OK is not very juicy on PredictIt, you'll pay some 40c for a Bernie Yes now.

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 22:41 on Feb 17, 2016

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Concerned Citizen posted:

Agreed. OK actually fits Bernie's demographic profile, including outperforming with rural whites. PPP confirms it's close, and PPP has had a heavy Clinton bias in NH and IA.

OK is also an open primary, but only for the Democrats.
This is a bigger deal than most people realize, one of the most consistent things in polling is Bernie running up huge margins with Independents and losing with Dems. A primary being open for Ds and closed for Rs is pretty ideal for him.

Edit: The flip side buy imo is Colorado, where Bernie is hilariously overvalued. Voter registration there ended January 4th and it is a closed primary. All those unaffiliated students aren't voting if they didn't register in December.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Vox Nihili posted:

That said, OK is not very juicy on PredictIt, you'll pay some 40c for a Bernie Yes now.

It went up 12¢ today. Would have been a better buy before the latest poll.

Hillary NO is 4¢ cheaper than Bernie YES, as of this writing.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

railroad terror posted:

You're absolutely right ---plus, there's another guy offering 5000+ shares above me for 99 already. Might take a few days to actually unload this stuff. I'm better off just taking the 98.

It looks like you probably could have gotten 99, but you still did the right thing. It just takes one really weird poll to throw everything in turmoil and I almost always leave the last couple cents on the table when I'm up. It was a great buy that I got in on too based on your suggestion.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
BOOM

Trump at 26 in new national poll.

NBC/WSJ
Cruz 28% (+8)
Trump 26% (-7)
Rubio 17% (+4)
Kasich 11% (+8)
Carson 10% (-2)
Bush 4% (-1)

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Arkane posted:

BOOM

NBC/WSJ
Cruz 28% (+8)
Trump 26% (-7)
Rubio 17% (+4)
Kasich 11% (+8)
Carson 10% (-2)
Bush 4% (-1)

LMAO FFFFFUUUUCCKKKKK

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

im seriously loving dying lol I could have just waited a few hours and been fine

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-02-17/trump-dominates-in-bloomberg-poll-before-south-carolina-primary

Selzer SC poll.

36/17/15/13 Trump/Cruz/Rubio/Jeb!

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

gently caress it, I'm going in whole hog on Cruz for 2nd in SC. Papa need to make back that trump money. I don't give a gently caress!!!

(ok so I'm actually only betting so much that I'll break 100% even on PI if I lose)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Arkane posted:

BOOM

NBC/WSJ
Cruz 28% (+8)
Trump 26% (-7)
Rubio 17% (+4)
Kasich 11% (+8)
Carson 10% (-2)
Bush 4% (-1)

Holy poo poo, where the gently caress did this come from?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
I bet YES on Carson dropping out before Super Tuesday.

Not sure if I should bet on Jeb! dropping out YES or NO

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sitting out risky poo poo right now, which is a lot. I have everything on Trump in SC. Marginal gains oh yeah.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Arkane posted:

BOOM

NBC/WSJ
Cruz 28% (+8)
Trump 26% (-7)
Rubio 17% (+4)
Kasich 11% (+8)
Carson 10% (-2)
Bush 4% (-1)

In on Cruz at 15, Out at 20 :cool:

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Omi-Polari posted:

I'm sitting out risky poo poo right now, which is a lot. I have everything on Trump in SC. Marginal gains oh yeah.

what if he loses?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Arkane posted:

what if he loses?

The universe will explode.

Additionally, man, I really should have loving stuck to my creed of "Always bet on Arkane", I'd be sittin' pretty on some nice trump poll gains right about now. Fuuuuuck. I really hope you're wrong about Rubio placing 2nd in SC..I just feel like the religious bloc is too underrepresented and reliable.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Fiorina dropout bloodbath all over again.

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Definitely glad I sold Trump 35% earlier, I'm happy. Although that seems to be more the outlier, I guess it doesn't matter. Will be interesting to see if there are further corroborating polls.

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Oh hey folks just so you know, RCP dropped the 21% - Trump's average just climbed to 33.3% with the inclusion of that 26% number.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

Maybe I shouldn't have gotten out after all...guess we'll see.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
We have two weeks to go where Trump is going to crush SC and NV. The Trump 35 market will resolve Yes.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The Real Paddy posted:

Oh hey folks just so you know, RCP dropped the 21% - Trump's average just climbed to 33.3% with the inclusion of that 26% number.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

Maybe I shouldn't have gotten out after all...guess we'll see.

The next ones rolling off are 35 and 39. Polls is polls, so it's still up in the air. Cruz is actually making him look a little weak right now with the lawsuit threat, but Trump is Trump.

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Gyges posted:

The next ones rolling off are 35 and 39. Polls is polls, so it's still up in the air. Cruz is actually making him look a little weak right now with the lawsuit threat, but Trump is Trump.

Ahh, is it always an average of three? Good to know.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Is anyone else going whole-hog on Cruz for 2nd? (or rubio NOT for 2nd, same thing) ???

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You

a cop posted:

Is anyone else going whole-hog on Cruz for 2nd? (or rubio NOT for 2nd, same thing) ???

I had money there initially, but it's been a crazy week. Rubio's risen enough to tie him. It's a big risk.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

a cop posted:

I have Rubio second, but not maxed out. I'll probably live trade that one as results come in. A bit too risky to take a side right now.

Corrupt Politician
Aug 8, 2007
I have a bunch in both Rubio.2nd.No and Cruz.3rd.No. Both have lost a ton of value in the last 24 hours. I'll probably stay in, not completely sure yet though.

Edit: I'll probably cut my losses tomorrow, once the swing from the new polls and Haley endorsement swings back a little bit.

Corrupt Politician has issued a correction as of 00:33 on Feb 18, 2016

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

watwat posted:

I have Rubio second, but not maxed out. I'll probably live trade that one as results come in. A bit too risky to take a side right now.

Yeah for sure. I'll have my finger on the button..

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

watwat posted:

We have two weeks to go where Trump is going to crush SC and NV. The Trump 35 market will resolve Yes.

It could resolve either way based on essentially arbitrary factors! Have fun!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

seriously what is with that nbc poll?

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Arkane posted:

BOOM

NBC/WSJ
Cruz 28% (+8)
Trump 26% (-7)
Rubio 17% (+4)
Kasich 11% (+8)
Carson 10% (-2)
Bush 4% (-1)

What do you think, outlier or post-debate drop? I kinda feel 70/30?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Adar posted:

Outlier. Very different results from overlapping polls.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2016-national-gop-primary

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
High risk high reward: the Dem Nevada market is mispriced. Both sites have it 45/55 or slightly worse for Sanders based almost entirely on a one point poll. Hillary just added a Sunday campaign stop in LV in the middle of a NY/CA fundraising tour while Sanders has been all over the place. The events page for Hillary for an LV zip code is full of random phonebanking sites while Bernie has over a dozen genuine events. I think this is a tossup to a slight Sanders edge and am buying heavily at what I think is probably a 25% ROI.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Adar posted:

Don't know, but it could be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Arkane posted:

Don't know, but it could be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Agreed. Q is how much airplay the media give Cruzmentum this week.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm keeping my bets as they are: Trump, Cruz, then Rubio. Even if I'm wrong on Cruz and Rubio my Trump bet should result in an overall net profit.

The Real Paddy posted:

Ahh, is it always an average of three? Good to know.

No, it's an average of whatever number of polls RCP decided to keep. However as they get new polls they are more likely to drop older polls. The fact that the two of the three that meet the criteria for the market to resolve YES are also the oldest ones means they will be dropped if RCP gets enough new polls in. Which is an X factor that you can't really guess at because polls will just drop out of nowhere or be dropped later than expected. Always remember that you're not betting based on RCP's general practices, but rather whether or not they update and how they update on the day the market ends. There have been several polls markets that would have resolved one way, but RCP didn't actually update until the next day, so the market resolved opposite to the polls. The comments in the polls markets are great when this happens as people curse RCP and decry the "bullshit" of them losing money.

There's a very good reason that a mantra of this thread is DON'T BET ON POLLS.

Adar posted:

Agreed. Q is how much airplay the media give Cruzmentum this week.

It's going to be inversely tied to how much the media covers Robomentum. If Rubio looks like he's finally putting away JEB! and Kaisich then he's probably going to be getting most of the coverage. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled is if JEB! manages to look like he could pull 3rd and Cruz successfully calls Trump on this lawsuit bullshit.

Gyges has issued a correction as of 01:33 on Feb 18, 2016

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Adar posted:

High risk high reward: the Dem Nevada market is mispriced. Both sites have it 45/55 or slightly worse for Sanders based almost entirely on a one point poll. Hillary just added a Sunday campaign stop in LV in the middle of a NY/CA fundraising tour while Sanders has been all over the place. The events page for Hillary for an LV zip code is full of random phonebanking sites while Bernie has over a dozen genuine events. I think this is a tossup to a slight Sanders edge and am buying heavily at what I think is probably a 25% ROI.

I agree. Also, Sanders outperformed his polls in IA and NH. If anything this caucus might be even more amenable to young Sanders voters' enthusiasim since it's on a weekend.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

The Real Paddy posted:

I think he's done for, but the number seems high in respect to the timing. I guess maybe he'll act out of concern for his dignity, but he hasn't so far.

BUSH.DROPOUT.022916 YES is currently at .40 fyi, compared to .69 earlier in the day. If you think he's dropping out now's the time to jump in.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I looked back on past NBC/WSJ polls and they all have low numbers for Trump, they must be weighing their sample differently than everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
If Betfair had a dropout market I would buy the hell out of that. At 40c that is easily a max out. It might still be one at 69 for that matter.

• Locked thread