Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Dukka posted:

who are you

The Don Quixote of fishing, essentially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

The Don Quixote of fishing, essentially.
So you fight boats in the dock?

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

kalstrams posted:

There is no fast travel, and there are only 5 castles as of Valencia II.

Ah, okay. That's kinda disappointing, it's cooler to have many different objectives to fight over.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Startrek Dental will be moving into Black Desert come official release, please contact our BD Guild Leader -Johnny Autism- for our official dissonance voip details.

See you in desert, sand citizen.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I am pretty sure we have already decided that Lewtt was Guild Leader. all hail the glorious senpai Lewtt.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 18, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
So this poo poo starts tonight at midnight Pacific time?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

kalstrams posted:

There is no fast travel, and there are only 5 castles as of Valencia II.

Do we know how many servers there are going to be?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

1 server, multiple channels to sustain the high numbers, right?

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Unless they change the system for cbt2/release, there are multiple instances you can swap around every 15 mins or so. The only thing that matters is NA or EU

When you're forced to pick an instance at the start, whatever you pick will be what you default to when you log in

also pick a name and emblem for the guild so I can take a power nap thanks guys luv u

:wink::goatdrugs::wink:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

So, there is going to be 5 total castles for all of NA? Forget about ever owning one, there will probably be 10 super tryhard sperg guilds fighting over them.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

lewtt posted:

Unless they change the system for cbt2/release, there are multiple instances you can swap around every 15 mins or so. The only thing that matters is NA or EU

When you're forced to pick an instance at the start, whatever you pick will be what you default to when you log in

also pick a name and emblem for the guild so I can take a power nap thanks guys luv u

:wink::goatdrugs::wink:

You have my sword.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Charles Bukowski posted:

So this poo poo starts tonight at midnight Pacific time?

3AM Est... :negative:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I'm graveyard shift, so I can play this for hours and hours until bedtime :D

Luffles
Jul 25, 2007

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame
Looking for a beta key if anyone is feeling the goon spirit

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Me too, or just some CBT from a goon.

Either or.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Unloading about 30 keys
http://imgur.com/a/9YGYv

Goons only

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Unloading about 30 keys

Goons only

:perfect:

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!

Unloading about 30 keys

Goons only

You are a true patriot.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Rip in piss costumes are 32$

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Unloading about 30 keys

Goons only

lol, none of them worked for me

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Godmode Enabled posted:

Trailer for the game.
They got Tay *Chocolate Rain* Zonday to narrate... bad decision :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW7bVcGlgfo

It's amazing how quickly I can go from badly wanting a game to come out in English, to wishing it never existed. Everything about this MMO just looks so stupid and terrible now that I know things about it beyond just the original screenshots.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/VdZZmzV.png

https://i.imgur.com/Ank5rhF.png
https://i.imgur.com/lyBT8Mw.png
enjoy

astral fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 18, 2016

Unknownmass
Nov 3, 2007

Used this one, Thank you.

Unknownmass fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 18, 2016

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Why do MMOs with no PVE content always try and push some lovely story?

Just make the story about angry desert people killing horses/whales and trade carts on the side of the road so it actually reflects the gameplay.

Luffles
Jul 25, 2007

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame

thanks~!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Kimsemus posted:

So which goons are going to join me at the Department of Carts and Fishing Enforcement? Anyone who doesn't pay for their permits properlike are gonna be taxed heavily by proud goon enforcers interested in nothing more than upholding the law. And by taxed, I mean cave their skulls in proper like.
NO HORSE

Xaitil
Aug 5, 2009

Picked up this one. Thanks!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Lmao they left in loss of enchant levels in death for negative karma players

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Aparently horse breeding is very big in this game. You can only mate a female horse once and a male horse twice. If a horse has died it takes a big RNG hit to produce anything good from the maiting. Maiting seems to work in a weird nested fashion where you mate tier 1 horse to produce higher tiers with lucky rolls producing a horse of rare colouring/even higher tiers. There is a way to reset a horses' death counter but it now costs $5.60 from the cash shop. The new pvp ruleset allows 8 kills of a player before hitting the worst band and being hosed by everything. Killing a horse likely flags you for pvp (3k infamy instead of 60k for a kill).

TLDR: It seems that at the moment the greatest damage you can do to another player is kill their horse and run off.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Which class will be best at killing horses? Something ranged?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wonder Turbine posted:

Ah, okay. That's kinda disappointing, it's cooler to have many different objectives to fight over.
You have more than enough objectives to fight over. Guild owns either castle or a bunch of nodes, and capturing or defending a node is an n-way microsiege.

Eltoasto posted:

No, unless it's in patch notes, but I just woke up.

Eltoasto posted:

So, there is going to be 5 total castles for all of NA? Forget about ever owning one, there will probably be 10 super tryhard sperg guilds fighting over them.
5 castles will be god knows when. We launch with 3 castles, wait for first expansion for 4th castle to come (~1 month if we have Russian timeline), and then we wait god knows how long for then second expansion for 5th castle to come.

Bait and Swatch posted:

Which class will be best at killing horses? Something ranged?
Extremely overgeared ranger, but at that point you will be just 2-shotting any player with collateral damage.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Visidan posted:

See you in desert, sand citizen.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
So, apparently according to these patch notes. http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/12313-cbt2-patch-notes/

There are two NA servers,Edan and Orwen, which one are we invading glorious leader Lewtt?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lovely morning cherry picking of the patch notes:

quote:

Revamped cinematic intro has been added incl. the voice of Tay Zonday
~And the sky turned brown, and the chocolate rained!~

kalstrams posted:

No, unless it's in patch notes, but I just woke up.

Eltoasto posted:

Per patch notes, 2 for NA and 2 for EU, 4 static and 6 dynamic channels on each. Our servers are Edan and Orwen.

quote:

8 inventory slots $8

quote:

150 LT carry weight $13.5

quote:

8 bank slots $3/region

quote:

cat $9

quote:

skill reset $9

quote:

camouflage $32
:nutshot:

quote:

Guild Wars will not have an upkeep cost.
This is nice.

quote:

PvE death: Losing Enchant levels of equipped items when you have negative karma.
:laffo:

Yes why, time to call my Gazprom sugardaddy to let me know of my new fetish.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

2 servers for both NA and EU, each server has minimum 4 channels which they say will expand to 10 each under stress.

Apparently horses must be tamed at special spots on the map only respawn every 2hours and casn be killed like any other npc mob. They can be killed while a player is doing the taming minigame, and also a player has to ride their tamed horse back to a stable before they own it giving another chance to kill it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cash shop is extremely anal, I'd say. Competitive character starts at $59 + inventory/bank space + literal horseshit.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Anal Papist posted:

2 servers for both NA and EU, each server has minimum 4 channels which they say will expand to 10 each under stress.

Apparently horses must be tamed at special spots on the map only respawn every 2hours and casn be killed like any other npc mob. They can be killed while a player is doing the taming minigame, and also a player has to ride their tamed horse back to a stable before they own it giving another chance to kill it.

best news i've heard all day

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

kalstrams posted:

Per patch notes, 2 for NA and 2 for EU, 4 static and 6 dynamic channels on each. Our servers are Edan and Orwen.
loving hell. Why? They couldn't just scale up the number of channels?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

quote:

I got a crapload of Mtn Dew, chips, beef jerkey and KFC chicken and the rest of the week off!

I am ready to go!

Let's do this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

loving hell. Why? They couldn't just scale up the number of channels?
They could, but popular vote was against megaservers. I'm torn between the good and the bad here. Also I wonder if both servers still are in California.