Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Kro-Bar posted:

I would love to see Trump tear into Rush.

Attacking Rush is suicidal, I mean it is Trump so he would probably still win but it's A Bad Idea. There's a reason why Republican Senators and congressmen won't dare say anything bad about him. That's probably why Trump has never criticized him before even though he's ripped on Trump pretty bad.

Master Shake on the other hand, he already hates Trump a lot and would be a lot more fun to attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

MaxxBot posted:

Medved is a hardcore neocon, I'm surprised that he even wastes his breath on Cruz considering Trump savaged his precious George W and the Iraq War. He would probably be supporting Jeb! if he wasn't such a godawful candidate but he's now really in love with Rubio, unsurprisingly.

He will never forgive Cruz for the shutdown and the appointments.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

beatlegs posted:

If you're a weak debater, yeah. Trump has a ton of weak spots. Which shows you how awful this crop of GOP candidates are at politics.

The most obvious of which is how incredibly thin skinned he is. He's really only winning because the rest of the GOP are too scared to try to hit him back with the same poo poo he's been using against them.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Keeshhound posted:

The most obvious of which is how incredibly thin skinned he is. He's really only winning because the rest of the GOP are too scared to try to hit him back with the same poo poo he's been using against them.

Whenever you start to think Trump is tough, just re-watch Obama taking him apart at that silly comedy act he puts on every year. It's beautiful.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

beatlegs posted:

If you're a weak debater, yeah. Trump has a ton of weak spots. Which shows you how awful this crop of GOP candidates are at politics.

Being a weak/strong debater only matters if you're assuming the existence of some sort of moderation or rules of debate. In formal rules-based debate Trump will lose yeah, but in the jungle of reality show competition Trump will eat you alive.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

MaxxBot posted:

Attacking Rush is suicidal, I mean it is Trump so he would probably still win but it's A Bad Idea. There's a reason why Republican Senators and congressmen won't dare say anything bad about him. That's probably why Trump has never criticized him before even though he's ripped on Trump pretty bad.

Master Shake on the other hand, he already hates Trump a lot and would be a lot more fun to attack.

Limbaugh's stock has plummeted in the last several years. He's probably not untouchable anymore. If anyone could take him down at this point, it is Trump.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

EverettLO posted:

I think Rush is staying neutral on Trump because there is still a very real chance Trump will be the nominee. It lets him avoid off-message statements later. If it ever becomes clear that Trump will not win, I expect you'll hear a lot more about his non-conservative positions.

IIRC Rush never officially endorses any candidates because he never wants to accidentally endorse someone who loses. He always wants to be able to keep a loophole open where if the Republican candidate loses he can always say that they just weren't conservative enough.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

icantfindaname posted:

Being a weak/strong debater only matters if you're assuming the existence of some sort of moderation or rules of debate. In formal rules-based debate Trump will lose yeah, but in the jungle of reality show competition Trump will eat you alive.

Most people's idea of a debate is something like a fistfight.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
Alright then.

Do I hate myself enough to go...

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tardigrade posted:

Alright then.

I thought Milo was a good deal fatter than that

You should go but be ready to troll Milo when it becomes obvious to the entire room that he isn't arguing in good faith, on account of having no idea what that means

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I really like how you have to have some familiarity with pro wrestling to follow the GOP primary in these threads these days. If JR only knew.

I want Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler moderating the next debate. MY GOD KING, HE BOUGHT UP JEB'S DOMAIN!!! WHY ISN'T ANYONE STOPPIN' IT?!? WHO'S GONNA TELL MOMMA BUSH?!?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
There's not much to troll Milo on other than his badly dyed hair and being a token gay guy in the He Man Woman Hater's Club. I guess mentioning him sexually harassing adults when he was a teen might be uncouth.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
"Meninist"? Is that a thing now?

*googles* dear god it is, kill me.

Anyway, what group is hosting the debate?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Tardigrade posted:

Alright then.

Who is Julie Bindel? Does she actually hold sway in the feminist community? All I managed to find is that trans rights people really hate her.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Senf posted:

I used to spend a bunch of time trying to understand his tirades (and others like them), but the affect it had on my mental health made me step back a bit and instead only occasionally observe it from a distance. That sort of poo poo is toxic.

This is exactly how I feel. I listen to Hannity on the ride home maybe once a month now. I just can't stomach it for more than that. The amount of hate is just exhausting to even be around. What sort of mindset does one have to possess to be able to spew that level of hatred--illogical, nonsensical hatred--day in and day out? Is he just an absolutely awful human being, or is he playing a great character and has a firewall around his mind to keep the character and himself apart?

Polybius91
Jun 4, 2012

Cobrastan is not a real country.

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Who is Julie Bindel? Does she actually hold sway in the feminist community? All I managed to find is that trans rights people really hate her.
Depending on who organized this, that could very well be the point. The right loves to take the left's lunatic fringe and depict it as the norm.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Discendo Vox posted:

"Meninist"? Is that a thing now?

*googles* dear god it is, kill me.

Anyway, what group is hosting the debate?

No idea, but it's apparently part of his "Dangerous human being Tour".

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Tardigrade posted:

urrrrgh. I'd never heard of him before this, but apparently he's involved with the #ludoportal and has written for Breitbart.

Polybius91 posted:

Depending on who organized this, that could very well be the point. The right loves to take the left's lunatic fringe and depict it as the norm.

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Wikipedia says she's a fairly prominent lesbian British feminist whose focus is on protections from various forms of domestic, sexual and physical abuse. She is controversial among feminists (which is not unto itself surprising, and basically comes with the "prominent feminist" title) for 1. being opposed to same-sex marriage(preferring that government only regulate or have a category for civil partnership for all couples) 2. opposed to legalized sex work, and 3. what looks like a gender/sex essentialist standpoint on transsexualism that's been coupled with really obnoxious, inflammatory comments and a significant media blow-up.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Feb 18, 2016

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

ToastyPotato posted:

Limbaugh's stock has plummeted in the last several years. He's probably not untouchable anymore. If anyone could take him down at this point, it is Trump.
There's also the matter of Trump's stock being very high now. Had Rush taken on Trump last summer, then there would have been a good chance that Trump wouldn't even be a contender. But now Trump's "outsider" message/persona has caught on, and if Rush dared to attack Trump it would not surprise me if Trump could successfully spin it into Rush being out of touch and in the pocket of the GOP establishment.

LiterallyTheWurst
Feb 5, 2015

Sendik's Original

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Crowder announced his diagnosis

For those who know about this stuff, how bad is that?

In all seriousness, I hope he gets better. We should have a laying on of hands for him.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Tardigrade posted:

I looked this up, and the purpose is to reassure straight people that it's okay to call us slurs again.

Gee how brave.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Rush also is afraid of Trump's wrath because Trump has as much of a captive audience as him.

And he knows Trump would go in guns blazing and talk poo poo about all of Rush's reputed skeletons.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So this may not exactly fit Right Wing media, but it does go right along with the Cop worship we see. So the website SB nation posted a 12000 word long article that is kind of a defense of Daniel Holtzclaw, the cop that raped dozens of poor black women. It was withdrawn within hours of it posting. But some highlights from the article that reported on the article in question include

quote:

It starts off with expressions of full sympathy for Holtzclaw, hinting that perhaps there are two sides to this story. It tells only one. The side based in reality—that Holtzclaw violated and brutalized at least eight poor, black women and is in jail for the rest of his life—is never given more than cursory attention.

It irresponsibly speculates whether PED use or disappointment at not making the NFL could have been responsible for Holtzclaw’s crimes—if indeed he committed any.

It gets real loving messy with race. Holtzclaw’s beat was “a dangerous assignment that regularly brought him in contact with people and lifestyles with which he had little prior experience.” It speaks of tension “between members of Eastern Michigan’s football program and locals within the Ypsilanti community.” It notes that Holtzclaw had a “number of black friends.”

and

The article, written by a freelance sportswriter who covered Daniel Holtzclaw’s college football career

I'm totally unsurprised that this was written by a sportswritter.

The cached article in question http://archive.is/O3Gub

and the article about it http://deadspin.com/sb-nation-publishes-deletes-complete-failure-of-a-st-1759738484

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tardigrade posted:

Alright then.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Tardigrade posted:

Alright then.

Do it. Also, flirt ACT>FLIRT with both of them.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/17/politics/glenn-beck-god-killed-scalia-so-cruz-could-win/index.html

Glenn Beck and Ted Cruz are Stephen King villains.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

KomradeX posted:

So this may not exactly fit Right Wing media, but it does go right along with the Cop worship we see. So the website SB nation posted a 12000 word long article that is kind of a defense of Daniel Holtzclaw, the cop that raped dozens of poor black women. It was withdrawn within hours of it posting. But some highlights from the article that reported on the article in question include

I'm totally unsurprised that this was written by a sportswritter.

The cached article in question http://archive.is/O3Gub

and the article about it http://deadspin.com/sb-nation-publishes-deletes-complete-failure-of-a-st-1759738484

I can see the subhuman deleted his twitter already.

When Rubio gets the nom and Trump goes rogue which way will Glenn turn?

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Crowsbeak posted:

I think it will largely come down to his taste in sci fi, namely whether a future in which robots control us is utopian or dystopian

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Who is this Clyde guy and why is he melting down? Apparently everyone is cattle to him.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Crowsbeak posted:

he will turn to the wall where he will get the shotgun off the wall and end it all.

these people creep me the gently caress out.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Obama is not going to attend Scalia's funeral. I expect tot hear quite about this today.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Well look what happens if he shows up.

Props to Rorus Raz.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Matt Walsh wrote an article defending the boxer who compared gay people to animals and in one Facebook comment he made what seemed to be a comment that gay people are subhuman.

quote:

I would argue that "worse than animal" is a perfectly apt way of putting it. Perhaps he could have said "subhuman."

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
So Scalias children are asking for the conspiracy theories to stop. Seriously I Really feel bad for them now because they are going to be harassed for this by crazies.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/02/17/rap-group-blackalicious-releases-police-brutality-propaganda-video/

quote:

An obscure Sacramento, California, based hip-hip group named Blackalicious released a new music video showing footage of the police shooting of Walter Scott, New York City cops choking Eric Garner, and the Michael Brown crime scene in the few seconds of the three minute clip.

The relatively unknown group hadn’t released an album since 2005. The song, “On Fire Tonight,” on which the video is based is from the group’s 2015 album, Imani Vol. 1.

Conveniently, Blackalicious tweeted the album and included the hashtag #BlackLivesMatter and #Formation, a hat tip to Beyoncé.

Other than exploring the imagery of “fire,” the song’s lyrics don’t reflect the video. Nor do they mention the men being shown beaten by police by name.

The project’s subject matter and the timing of it’s release resembles the same opportunistic themes that pro-Black Lives Matter singer Beyoncé appears to practice.

While performing a Black Panther Party tribute at this year’s Super Bowl, Beyoncé announced her worldwide music tour. Blackalicious released their anti-police music video along with information about their upcoming tour.

For both Beyoncé and Blackalicious to use so-called black oppression at the hands of police to make a buck isn’t pro-black, it’s pro-profit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GnVvg1Zogw

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
An obscure band called "The Rolling Stones" says that there are toys in the attic. Are they in the pocket of Big Toymakers?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Crowsbeak posted:

So Scalias children are asking for the conspiracy theories to stop. Seriously I Really feel bad for them now because they are going to be harassed for this by crazies.

Yeah they really don't deserve that. I wonder if it will be like Newtown and you'll have psychopaths harassing them for letting Obama get away with murdering their dad.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I feel bad for them, but they just put themselves in the middle of the biggest conspiracy yet... Obama has crisis actors replacing Scalia's family, actually, and he's currently sending them all to Benghazi where Hillary Clinton is personally killing them one by one.

This goes all the way to the top.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Scalia found that Hilary has investments in both Jet Fuel Production and Steel Beam Factories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Tardigrade posted:

Alright then.

Why do Milo's pictures always make him look creepy as poo poo? Is that his intent?