Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Sickening posted:

And honestly, not many leaks have been wrong in a while. Still not shocked so many calling them fake.
I mean faking a picture of a new card is actually pretty hard, you need to design a plausible fake, find fake art and not fall into one of the many traps that can out the card as fake. On the other hand literally anyone can easily make a list of cards that people play in eternal formats sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Sigma-X posted:

The 4chan one was like every money card and cursed scroll which is reserve list.

Some magic page on Facebook posted this and it looks way more believable - just imagine how soul crushing it would be to open crop rotation and animate dead as rares:

This is like 90% accurate even if it was just made up. I remember something similar happening with MM2015 where a bunch of idiots on MTGS claimed that some guy who got like 60% of the cards right was an accurate source because he had an over 50% accuracy rate.

Putting Jitte at rare and Crucible at Mythic would pretty much conclusively prove they don't give a flying gently caress about Limited in their rarity decisions.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Sounds like he was tricked by some rude-rear end vendor in an attempt to eliminate rivals, which is probably even worse.

So he names the people this "vendor" was trying to shut down, but doesn't name the vendor itself? And this guy's reaction to being shown fake screenshots was to set up a Deep Throat account?

gently caress this community sometimes.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

So he names the people this "vendor" was trying to shut down, but doesn't name the vendor itself? And this guy's reaction to being shown fake screenshots was to set up a Deep Throat account?

gently caress this community sometimes.

My guess is that he's just a troll.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Hellsau posted:

How does this even happen?

Based on that post where they explained that the Archetypes were hard to code because they had to special case each card with trample or whatever, I'm going to guess that far too much of the functionality is in the actual card instead of actually making something that changes easily when they make changes.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Remember, the entire card interaction... engine is Perl scripts.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
The new SaffronOlive budget standard deck is freaking hilarious. I wonder if you could non budget it into something playable

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Today I had MODO lock up because I cast Balance with no cards in hand and no creatures in play, so my opponent saw that I had priority while I saw that he had priority.

On another note, I was thinking about the counterfeit problem, and people saying there are no good fakes. I don't play in events these days, and I don't condone using proxies in them, so I bought some fakes for casual play. I think they're good enough that it could be a problem for tournaments if more people decide to use them.

Who can spot the fake among these four?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Chamale posted:

Today I had MODO lock up because I cast Balance with no cards in hand and no creatures in play, so my opponent saw that I had priority while I saw that he had priority.

On another note, I was thinking about the counterfeit problem, and people saying there are no good fakes. I don't play in events these days, and I don't condone using proxies in them, so I bought some fakes for casual play. I think they're good enough that it could be a problem for tournaments if more people decide to use them.

Well it's hard to see given the quality of the picture but the Tarn looks off to me, and I'm going to say the Strand.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Chamale posted:

I was going to say that they are all fake but the delta has some wear from play.

I will also say that that none of them appear to be a fake enough that would draw any attention in a sleeve therefore it doesn't matter.

Sickening fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 18, 2016

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

suicidesteve posted:

Well it's hard to see given the quality of the picture

I think that's part of the point--the most common what they'll be viewed is inside sleeves, across the table facing the other player.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

cheetah7071 posted:

I think that's part of the point--the most common what they'll be viewed is inside sleeves, across the table facing the other player.

Sure but I also don't care if my opponent is playing with fakes, and that's true of most players. I care if I'm buying or trading for fakes, which is when I'm going to take a closer look.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Chamale posted:

The Strand? The spacing between letters in the text box looks a little bit off, but maybe it's a viewing angle thing.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

cheetah7071 posted:

At a tournament of any size, you'll be risking a random deck check, where anything amiss would probably get noticed.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Toshimo posted:

At a tournament of any size, you'll be risking a random deck check, where anything amiss would probably get noticed.

no judge is going to tell which of those four (especially since they won't be looking at them side by side expecting to see a counterfeit) is fake while they're in sleeves in the two minutes they have to check the deck against the list

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

The strand looks a tiny bit shorter than the other three, but something about the Tarn just seems off, so my guess is one of the two.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Chamale posted:

I'd have to smell them tbh

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Night Danger Moose posted:

The strand looks a tiny bit shorter than the other three, but something about the Tarn just seems off, so my guess is one of the two.

It's definitely at least one of the four.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I hope the catch is that either all four of them are fake or none are. I thought that thread already went through this? You can't prime people to spot something because that's not the point of the fake.

Meanwhile, whatever. Play with fakes, increase legacy attendance. I wanna see the largest legacy GP with more players playing miracles than there are copies of tundra that exist. :getin:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

They're all fakes, of varying quality. I scratched the Delta with my fingernail before taking the photo. The Misty and the Tarn are from the same printer, which varies quite a bit from card to card, while the Strand is printed on lower quality stock. If you know what you're looking for with a magnifying glass, or you smell the ink, that's about the only way to tell.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Gyshall posted:

I'd have to smell them tbh

Chamale I'm going to need you to mail me all four so I can do a taste test, I've never failed to ID a fake with this method before.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
All of my cards smell like my asscrack because that's where I rub them before sleeving them up.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

PleasantDirge posted:

Chamale I'm going to need you to mail me all four so I can do a taste test, I've never failed to ID a fake with this method before.

The Delta tastes like Trix and my Lion's Eye Diamond tastes like a breakfast burrito.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

JerryLee posted:

All of my cards smell like my asscrack because that's where I rub them before sleeving them up.

Great security measure too!

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010

Sickening posted:

It's definitely at least one of the four.

Or it could be none of the four and this is all just an example of the power of suggestion. You can always spot the fake when you are told there is a fake even if there actually isn't one.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Niedar posted:

Or it could be none of the four and this is all just an example of the power of suggestion. You can always spot the fake when you are told there is a fake even if there actually isn't one.

:thejoke:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Chamale posted:

If you know what you're looking for with a magnifying glass, or you smell the ink, that's about the only way to tell.

If counterfeiters have reverse-engineered New Pack Smell, then they need to share that with the rest of the world yesterday.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

C-Euro posted:

If counterfeiters have reverse-engineered New Pack Smell, then they need to share that with the rest of the world yesterday.
Emptyquoting this. Also they need to make car fresheners with the smell.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Where do you get them?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

always be closing posted:

Where do you get them?

Some goons might have found them on alibaba.

Sialia
Feb 12, 2016

Night Danger Moose posted:

Emptyquoting this. Also they need to make car fresheners with the smell.

And air fresheners. God knows some of the stores around where I live could stand to put it on, and they'll not clean the air out for anything else.

Incidentally, about that car freshener- take my money. That smell is like crack.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Sigma-X posted:

The 4chan one was like every money card and cursed scroll which is reserve list.

Some magic page on Facebook posted this and it looks way more believable - just imagine how soul crushing it would be to open crop rotation and animate dead as rares:

:lol::lol::lol: Entreat the Angels at Rare.
Hope you like seeing angel tokens come out of nowhere.

Aven Mindcensor, Mother of Runes, Lotus Petal, Sinkhole, Goblin Ringleader, Pyrostatic Pillar (kinda reasonable), Standstill (also reasonable),Sensei's Divining Top (also also reasonable), Counterbalance (maybe reasonable), Crop Rotation, and Veteran Explorer all ramped up from Un/Common to Rare.

As mentioned Chain Lightning at Mythic is :laffo:. Abrupt Decay at Mythic seems a bit much. Same with Gaddock Teeg. Stoneforge could be at Mythic but only if there's no real Un/Common equipment.

I fully expect some portion of this list to be accurate just because it's so large.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Priest of Titania at rare when it was reprinted in the C14 precons is strange. Noting about it needs to be rare, at that.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Priest of Titania at rare when it was reprinted in the C14 precons is strange. Noting about it needs to be rare, at that.

It's showing up as common on magiccards.info for me?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Just thinking about the possibility of a bomb like TNN at rare makes me even more pissed about the fact that Force of Will is a Mythic in EMA.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
If mother of runes is in the set, it probably should be rare. Card would be miserable to play against in limited at uncommon.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Chamale posted:

Just thinking about the possibility of a bomb like TNN at rare makes me even more pissed about the fact that Force of Will is a Mythic in EMA.

Force of will is not good in limited of course it would have a higher rarity.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
The complete lack of imperial recruiter or any 3 kingdoms cards makes that a huge punch to the gut if it's true.

It's not true because jesus christ come on people, chain lightning at mythic?

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

Allstone posted:

http://imgur.com/YrK8wgE
No green mythics and cursed scroll they didn't even try

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Cernunnos posted:

:lol::lol::lol: Entreat the Angels at Rare.
Hope you like seeing angel tokens come out of nowhere.

Aven Mindcensor, Mother of Runes, Lotus Petal, Sinkhole, Goblin Ringleader, Pyrostatic Pillar (kinda reasonable), Standstill (also reasonable),Sensei's Divining Top (also also reasonable), Counterbalance (maybe reasonable), Crop Rotation, and Veteran Explorer all ramped up from Un/Common to Rare.

As mentioned Chain Lightning at Mythic is :laffo:. Abrupt Decay at Mythic seems a bit much. Same with Gaddock Teeg. Stoneforge could be at Mythic but only if there's no real Un/Common equipment.

I fully expect some portion of this list to be accurate just because it's so large.

I don't think the list is actually accurate but it is full of so many salty packs that it seems reasonable in spirit if not actually true.

• Locked thread