Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

kalstrams posted:

They could, but popular vote was against megaservers. I'm torn between the good and the bad here. Also I wonder if both servers still are in California.

The popular vote should be irrelevant considering people didn't understand the options available. They saw "one server" and thought "oh gently caress that, I'll be waiting 2 hours a day to play the game".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Alexander DeLarge posted:

The popular vote should be irrelevant considering people didn't understand the options available. They saw "one server" and thought "oh gently caress that, I'll be waiting 2 hours a day to play the game".
If only this game was done like it should had. After all, they had someone figure people want to spend $100 per character after purchase.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I was willing to forgive mostly everything about how they turned this into a generic theme park, but now they're loving with the server structure and business model beyond repair.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:laffo:

I'm already seeing Russian forums giving our publisher a "Daun Games" nickname.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

kalstrams posted:

:laffo:

I'm already seeing Russian forums giving our publisher a "Daun Games" nickname.

Well just so long as they don't call them Trion Games.

:tinfoil:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I can hear CM_Jouska grinning from over here.

WHERE ARE YOUR GODS NOW, CUSTOMER? #REKT :-DDDDDDDD

Edit: How are people this retarded?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
People still think they're gonna change the server structure between CBT2 and the release (like 10 days including the head start)
:lol:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Did I happen to mention that pets must be bred to be effective, and breeding takes two pets, killing them both in result?
~$9 a pet~

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

maybe don't care about dumb features of a questionable game

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dukka posted:

maybe don't care about dumb features of a questionable game
No.

Edit: So, up to $108 for cats.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Feb 18, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
So, if I understand correctly, the main channel is for the territorial PVP poo poo
secondary channels are just mirrors of the main channel

but they're all separate servers, they just call them channels, right? It isn't taxing the main server's hardware? Is there any reason to do two servers when they can scale up/scale down at will?

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
I woke up from a nice nap and i'm very disappointed that I haven't seen any stupid pun names listed.

This thinktank right here will start operating after I get some coffee

Also I'm pickin Edan cause it's got less letters

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I'm going Edan because it's likely first on the server list

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

So, if I understand correctly, the main channel is for the territorial PVP poo poo
secondary channels are just mirrors of the main channel

but they're all separate servers, they just call them channels, right? It isn't taxing the main server's hardware? Is there any reason to do two servers when they can scale up/scale down at will?
No, they are channels on same server, i.e. world instances. That's not a novel concept. Reason to do two servers, for devs, is to geographically separate the servers for better coverage, or to dilute the turbospergs/server concentration.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

kalstrams posted:

No, they are channels on same server, i.e. world instances. That's not a novel concept.

How does their server handle so many players? They have 300,000 sales across NA/EU (mostly NA I'd imagine)

So divide 175,000-200,000/2 and you're looking at a metric poo poo ton of players at peak hours.

There has to be some trickery at play here. Especially with their combat model and NPC systems at play.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Feb 18, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I just had a fantastic evening. Really great date. Im so glad my new mmo will be the only disappointment today.

Edan it is.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

How does their server handle so many players? They have 300,000 sales across NA/EU (mostly NA I'd imagine)

So divide 175,000-200,000/2 and you're looking at a metric poo poo ton of players at peak hours.
They'll be lucky to have 10% of the player base log in at the same time, which checks out to 7.5k/server on equal split.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

kalstrams posted:

No.

Edit: So, up to $108 for cats.
I'll love my dead gay cat, no matter how bad it is

I mean, in theory, I will love it, except I won't be using the cash shop when it's not free money anymore. The cat food costs cash too right? Hope kitty likes starving to death.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

CrashCat posted:

I'll love my dead gay cat, no matter how bad it is

I mean, in theory, I will love it, except I won't be using the cash shop when it's not free money anymore. The cat food costs cash too right? Hope kitty likes starving to death.
Cat food is an in-game commodity, don't worry.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
:f5: come on, come on, start already!

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
What was the resolution to the voip wars?
Cool kids on discord and angry old timers on CTS?

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

a skype group call with an icq chat as a backup

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ohsosad posted:

the name "discord" has never been more apropos

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

ohsosad posted:

Yes, go be a cool kid, I hear discord is great....

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Seems to be up, if you want to try to get in.

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...
Roger Wilco is the only true way for voip

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Xigncode3 is currently in a race with the heat death of the universe to finish first.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Kimsemus posted:

This trailer shouldn't have shocked anyone, foreign devs make super bizarre choices to appear culturally relevant in the NA market.

It's like having a game trailer voiced by George W Bush. "AMERICA LIKE GEORGE BUSH RIGHT? HAVE HIM DO VOICE."

Looking forward to linking up with my usual terrible MMO goon crew regardless in BDO.

You will never defeat Snail games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wss7OSp3ogI

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Xigncode3 is currently in a race with the heat death of the universe to finish first.

Copyright(C) 2010

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
:eonwe::eonwe::eonwe::eonwe:JORDINE 4:eonwe::eonwe::eonwe::eonwe:

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Great now I have to sit here and :f5: for Dick Tracy to get his act together. MMO launches, always a fun time.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
At least BDO website/servers are holding their own. XIGNCODE3's poo poo is likely out of their control.

ln206
Sep 29, 2014
Omg, this XIGNCODE3 thingy is killing me. I can't wait to play this game but it is already late here.

Flatulance-a-lot
Jun 3, 2011

3 AM here and this little loving detective guy on the XIGNCODE3 looks like he is scanning my entire computer, and taking just as long. gently caress this guy, why cant Korean companies realize that people will hack their poo poo regardless of the sketchy poo poo they package with their installers.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

It is okay because even if you get in all that awaits you is being forwarded to the EU servers regardless of which region you selected.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
XIGNCODE3 can apply different levels of security policy currently using differentiated technology called a "one-time execution code infrastructure" registered as a patent, by adopting the online game service company center of operations in accordance with service policy game operators which is the next generation of game security solution. It supports the Windows 2000 client experience more games, if the game server supports both Windows and Linux environments. C / C ++ / easy to be applied to a variety of development environments such as JAVA / C # code provides all the interfaces that are specific to your environment. It is also possible to easily apply and test within a few hours without the complex learning process because the API set gotta simple configuration, enabling application process simple. System for correct operation of non-client bot detection using a "one-time execution code" patent "Win32 API calling patterns and frequency of" patent universal hacking tool and variants of hacking tools Block Illegal System / MAC address / user account / hardware block with (game operator control possible) emergency pattern generation tool provided (game operator controllable) VPN connection detection and Prevention (game operator controllable) DirectX modulation and illegal calls detection WDDM driver modulation detection speed nuclear detection time server speed nuclear detection kernel key function modulated detection using a DLL injection detect virtual memory code insertion detecting malicious thread detection-game keyboard hijacking detection DHCP illegal manipulation detection nuking / drop nuclear detection light click detection software / hardware macro detection message hook detect multiple execution detection VEH / SEH modulation and registration detection game client hash check games my specific functions illegal call detection game resources modulation detection game process memory access block game process handle access interception game process messages sent off game process keyboard / mouse input sent off the game Windows GDI access blocked debug interrupt handlers modulation block a kernel function called directly detect stealth process / modules / drivers detect kernel / user mode debugging detect virtual environments running detection and transparent information provides real-time detection status provides daily / weekly / monthly / quarterly / run annually game statistical data provide access count counted server connection count duplicate execution counts of hacking tools detected count unknown Stars that are hardware devices frequently used national execution / access frequency gameplay time frequently used operating frequency VPN to bypass national incidence of hacking tools detected country / user ranking daily / weekly / monthly demographic data available hacking tools used by IP detection priority hacking tools use system providing detection priority hacking tools use account-specific detection Ranked daily / weekly log data provides access account / system mapping information hacking tool detection log information fast customer support hacking tools report of receipt within 24 hours response email and always respond developer Messenger connection via IM support Games provide remote user support

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I was going to post I love xigncode3 but looks like alex beat me to a bad post

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Going to bed...

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Jimlit posted:

Going to bed...

I got past this poo poo and got AUTH FAILED when I clicked enter game.

Good news once you're past it, you're done with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

keep up the good QA work team