Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Fateo McMurray posted:

Game crashes every few minutes for me unless I have all the video settings on low. AMD problem apparently.

Same here. :sigh:

Competitive is unplayable right now because of it. CTD every few minutes with no error message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
Every game last night was people on newke throwing fire for the other team to go stand in so everyone could complete the first mission. Sometimes the community is cool and good. :)

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

qhat posted:

I like it, but I haven't tested it on my PC yet. I'll be super disappointed if I'm getting less than 144 FPS.

I'm getting 144 on it no problem. 980ti though.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

VelociBacon posted:

Did they move toxic to a different wall?

Oh buddy, oh man. I got some bad news for you.

Toxic is ded.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Lowest i got on nuke was 123 fps, worse framedrops on tulip and that other trash map. 980

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I had no noticible FPS drops, just audio errors. GTX660....

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Dunno if you guys saw this: You can open and close the shutters on unbroken vents in the new nuke.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Nuke reminds me of that oil rig level 'blackgold', which I really liked the look of, so I think I will really like the look of nuke as well.

Good to see that many of 3kliksphilip's excellent suggestions made it into the map.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Y'all getting less than 200 FPS, welcome to my hell. I average 80. :getin:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Also you can floor defuse again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDLz_1z_910

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Whats with all the high fps chat. My monitor is a 60hz monitor, so I run at 60hz. How is 80hz 'hell'? Does everyone in this thread have a 144444444444hz pro-l337-sk337 gam1ng PHAYTALETY monitor or something?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

theres a new toilet?? - me reacting to nuke 2

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Whats with all the high fps chat. My monitor is a 60hz monitor, so I run at 60hz. How is 80hz 'hell'? Does everyone in this thread have a 144444444444hz pro-l337-sk337 gam1ng PHAYTALETY monitor or something?

Same. But I want a 144hz monitor.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Lol that kid thinks its a bug. Nah man, its pro nuke poo poo from 1999.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRXK4eL96W4

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Same here. :sigh:

Competitive is unplayable right now because of it. CTD every few minutes with no error message.

Change shaders to medium

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Yeah I do have that monitor basically. It makes a substantial difference honestly to my enjoyment although I freely admit it's a luxury item.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
New nuke is sick, I completely love all the changes they made. Graphically a million times better but the changes to the layout sound really smart too.

Crain posted:

Dunno if you guys saw this: You can open and close the shutters on unbroken vents in the new nuke.

I love little details like this.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Lol that kid thinks its a bug. Nah man, its pro nuke poo poo from 1999.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRXK4eL96W4

my CAL team in like THE YEAR 2000 lost a match because of this and we didn't know it was possible at the time, our fragile teenage temperaments simply could not handle it and we raged hard for like an hour trying to figure out what had happened and how

glad it has made its triumphant return but in this age of social media everyone will know about it instantly, that is disappointing

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Ruthelessly stolen from reddit but apparently
code:
cl_mute_all_but_friends_and_party 1
is now a thing, that should make MM a little more bearable.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

PSA: Don't do Blitz missions unless you like the map it's on currently. You get TEN xp for each round win. That's it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Gonna get some cases and sell them and break even on a dumb video game coin :getin:

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 26, 2021

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

real dilemma posted:

my CAL team in like THE YEAR 2000

Were you on LAN or dial-up? lol

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Oh man, the days of my CAL and OGL teams.... I thought my 56k latency was poo poo and as soon as Cable internet came around I thought I would be a GOD...

Nope I am still poo poo at this game.

Someone was boasting about how they have been playing CS forever in MM the other day, and I asked if he even had a 6 digit and he had no idea what I was talking about.. Dammit I hate being old...

But anyways... Bring back the WON servers!

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

fennesz posted:

PSA: Don't do Blitz missions unless you like the map it's on currently. You get TEN xp for each round win. That's it.

loving why

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Were you on LAN or dial-up? lol

it was the early days of cable internet for me, but I did play cs before that on 56k. It was pretty similar to the experience of playing on a euro server from the US in 2016.

Ask me about playing 8v8 league games in the FPS Delta Force on a 56k modem, you literally had to lead your bullets to hit people in that game and the amount you had to lead them depended on how much lag you had. In the warmup before the match started everyone would try to calibrate their aim to account for their lag. What good times.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

aborn posted:

loving why
Valve takes one step forward, two steps back, and falls on the ground into the fetal position.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

symbolic posted:

Valve takes one step forward, two steps back, and falls on the ground into the fetal position.

Couple pages ago you told mcvey to shut up for telling people not to buy this broken operation + patch.

Make up your mind.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

fennesz posted:

Won't have time to play one till tonight. How many points do you need to complete the mission? Or is it all just bonus XP for playing on new maps?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

New maps sure do love their yellow trims on stuff

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Daeno posted:

Couple pages ago you told mcvey to shut up for telling people not to buy this broken operation + patch.

Make up your mind.
Because A. I don't think it's bad at all and B. I was making a joke.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Counterstrike global offensive operations are not a joke

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Crain posted:

Won't have time to play one till tonight. How many points do you need to complete the mission? Or is it all just bonus XP for playing on new maps?

Just bonus XP. I did lose though, you might get slightly more bonus XP if you win. We lost 13-16 and I got 130 bonus XP. That's garbo.

The good news is all of the good skins are blue and mad cheap.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Cruise hurts my head. Something about the colours makes my eyes go weird, especially in deathmatch.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Video game coins are very important to me

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

Dongicus posted:

New maps sure do love their yellow trims on stuff

You see, blue and yellow are good for the majority of colourblind users.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Antares posted:

Counterstrike global offensive operations are not a joke
I sold my left kidney for this pass, and dammit, I will make full use of this.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Can't wait to play me some missions. Although technically I need to wait till 11pm to play new ones instead of them just resetting at a standard time every day.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Well nuke looks prettier to be sure but you can really tell that the people making the maps could not give a poo poo how they run on any computer but their own. Or maybe I'm being ott and the blame is with some gently caress up with the engine itself or some other technical jibber jabber and its not their fault. Either isn't my concern, seeing 100 fps is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Bought the Operation for $6, and sold my drop 30 minutes later for $9.

I can't complain.