Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I didn't even spend the money and I'm moaning, I must be turning russian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

What's the opinion of maps thus far? Royal is really, really growing on me. I like the long rotate time and combination of super close quarters/long sightlines. Cruise is bad. Santorini and Nuke are fun, though squeeky rush into B for T's still feels too easy.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz posted:

What's the opinion of maps thus far? Royal is really, really growing on me. I like the long rotate time and combination of super close quarters/long sightlines. Cruise is bad. Santorini and Nuke are fun, though squeeky rush into B for T's still feels too easy.
Newke is awesome, Cruise is okay, haven't had a chance to try out the other maps yet.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Kuros posted:

Bought the Operation for $6, and sold my drop 30 minutes later for $9.

I can't complain.

:( I haven't gotten a wildfire drop yet. just a crappy regular drop.

But I just played my first competitive match after hyping myself up. We tied it and I realize people actually are retarded.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Chillyrabbit posted:

But I just played my first competitive match after hyping myself up. We tied it and I realize people actually are retarded.
Games > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - I realize people actually are retarded.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Chillyrabbit posted:

Care to extrapolate? :allears:

I've had much better games now that the operation is on. No one gives a gently caress and everyone just chills and has fun.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

What's the word on wrist pivot vs sweeping? I've been a lifelong pivoter but lowering sensitivity really is useful for getting good with rifles, and it's at the point where I just can't turn quickly enough to check corners etc. I've been forcing myself to change over the last week or so, and just had a deathmatch game where it finally seemed to be clicking, but it's still not entirely natural to me.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

fyallm posted:

Someone was boasting about how they have been playing CS forever in MM the other day, and I asked if he even had a 6 digit and he had no idea what I was talking about.. Dammit I hate being old...

5 digit represent!

Of course now it's worthless but back in the day...

Also sens chat - how much physical room do you have, what's your dpi, and ingame sens at? Unless you're something really drastic you shouldn't have a problem with clearing angles properly if your movement is good.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I know CS players are super serious about their 240hz screens and all but it's funny seeing people complain about only getting 100 FPS in a videogame.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

fennesz posted:

Care to extrapolate? :allears:

I've had much better games now that the operation is on. No one gives a gently caress and everyone just chills and has fun.

Basically losing a 4v1, winning a 1v4 because they all have knives out, aiming and firing behind a person,Trying to spray control an ak by firing single shots at someones feet, Friendly fire, peeking into awps, losing the bomb, "oh I'm going afk"right as we start round 1.

I'm just so used to other games so this might just be normal and nothing to get huffy about but it, needed a quick vent.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Audax posted:

Also sens chat - how much physical room do you have, what's your dpi, and ingame sens at? Unless you're something really drastic you shouldn't have a problem with clearing angles properly if your movement is good.

sens - 1@1000, no multiplier. Mousemat is Steelseries QcK. Maybe I'm just being a baby about it then, but it feels very sluggish.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Elman posted:

I know CS players are super serious about their 240hz screens and all but it's funny seeing people complain about only getting 100 FPS in a videogame.

Its silly but you actually can feel the difference

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Elman posted:

It's actually probably worse on a low refresh screen because low framerate = screen tearing

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

cruise is awful

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Played nuke, no lower than 144 on 760gtx. Also I loving suck on this map. Also, does anyone feel that squeaky vent rush is too fast now? It's possible I am just terrible, but everytime I sprinted to mini the Ts were already at vent.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

fennesz posted:

PSA: Don't do Blitz missions unless you like the map it's on currently. You get TEN xp for each round win. That's it.

That's a 25% bonus on top of the regular MM exp (40 per round win) so....not that bad?

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
I bought the op and played mikla.bsp and liked it :frogbon:

got a 30 cent deagle skin so I'm pretty much set

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Bought OP on two accounts, got a case each so far.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Chillyrabbit posted:

Basically losing a 4v1, winning a 1v4 because they all have knives out, aiming and firing behind a person,Trying to spray control an ak by firing single shots at someones feet, Friendly fire, peeking into awps, losing the bomb, "oh I'm going afk"right as we start round 1.

I'm just so used to other games so this might just be normal and nothing to get huffy about but it, needed a quick vent.

I'd like to to say that seems pretty normal up until you get out of the novas and then it gets better, but well people's shooting ability gets better. Generally. There's that.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

fyallm posted:

Someone was boasting about how they have been playing CS forever in MM the other day, and I asked if he even had a 6 digit and he had no idea what I was talking about.. Dammit I hate being old...

My steamid is 6 digits (3xxxxx) and I'm only gold nova, where do I submit the form to correct my rank?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

I don't get why people are proud of having low Steam IDs, that just shows that you bought + played a garbage game when you were a teen

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

Ultra Carp

Ixtlilton posted:

I'd like to to say that seems pretty normal up until you get out of the novas and then it gets better, but well people's shooting ability gets better. Generally. There's that.

Yeah, I just started playing Comp so it might have matched me with window breathers for the first match, then start to step it up and see where I should be.

Just played my second match, people don't react to fire, they lost 16-1, and we did literally the same thing each time and won, no counter moves. The one time we lost we tried to go a different route to plant and we lost. Yeah it probably gets more competitive and not make me feel like I'm kicking a puppy.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

I don't get why people are proud of having low Steam IDs, that just shows that you bought + played a garbage game when you were a teen

Actually it shows you didn't have to buy it :smug:

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

It says I registered September 12, 2003. I remember it took like a day to download. Can you have an account that's earlier than that?

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Katana Gomai posted:

lol edgy as gently caress.

good post

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Mine's 17 million-something to my eternal shame.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Katana Gomai posted:

suck my 4 digit rear end bitch

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

That's a 25% bonus on top of the regular MM exp (40 per round win) so....not that bad?

I was hoping there'd be a mini blitz campaign or guaranteed drops for winners or something. It's fine for what it is but XP is beyond worthless.

\/ The cross is beyond bad for A. Either you smoke and safely cross and completely concede the site to a rush or you try to cross and get picked ~50% of the time. I like the map for pistols and the round after that though! :P

fennesz fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 19, 2016

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I'm excited to play mikla, it looks pretty neat.

I started playing during Bloodhound, so I'm getting heavy nostalgia from when I was a newb running around with 2000dpi and mouse acceleration.

I remember it took me 10 games to get the "5 awp kills" achievement. :shobon:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

fennesz posted:

I was hoping there'd be a mini blitz campaign or guaranteed drops for winners or something. It's fine for what it is but XP is beyond worthless.

I think it's a good way to include competitive in the mission mix. Also, I'm not sure that the blitz missions are only competitive.

Looking back at past operations, the complaints people had were usually taken care of in the next.

First people complained that comp missions required a WIN, which could take way too long.

Next Op had comp missions based around rounds instead of winning overall. Most of the other missions followed as well, dealing with things you could do in a match instead of just winning it. People still complained that the competitive missions sucked and were still hard to finish because people would just grief in comp. And people not playing the Op complained that comp was unplayable for similar reasons.

This Op? No competitive matches in the mission book, either story line. It's all casual game types. The Gemini story line is all guardian co-op as well. So now people doing the Op don't really have to worry about competitive missions (except for xp and playing the new maps) and people doing competitive don't have to worry about people in the Op loving up normal games (since they're only scheduled 3 times a day, and only once in the evening).

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Good thing too because if you got the op later on everyone stopped playing the op maps because dust2/nuke/inferno/mirage is like air, they need it to live

drat the skins are already dropping hardcore

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

qhat posted:

suck my 4 digit rear end bitch

4 digits and 5 and maybe even 6 are the same cause they were all created within minutes of each other when steam went live. I remember cause I was one of the losers that was spamming f5 on steam cause it was being hammered.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Rereading my post it sounds bitchy whiney and that wasn't my intention. I actually like the format a lot. It'll keep people playing the newer maps, which is good, because the maps are good.

XP is just weirdly limited in CS because it literally doesn't matter.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

afkmacro posted:

4 digits and 5 and maybe even 6 are the same cause they were all created within minutes of each other when steam went live. I remember cause I was one of the losers that was spamming f5 on steam cause it was being hammered.
That's actually not true, I was one of the retarded teenage losers who got up early as possible to register a low steamid, I wasn't even F5'ing.

lonter
Oct 12, 2012
I like Nuke and Santorini the others seem to have too many corridors!

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

It's weird when people say things like "woah dude your steam account is older than my little brother"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I hate Santorini, this map suuuuuuuucks.

Mikla is okay.

Tulip seems cool.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 19, 2016

BryzNasty
Jun 18, 2015
Can someone PM me the steam group server info? Maybe i'm retarded but I can never join when there is a goonman because i cant find the loving server.

Also, free ESEA 1 week code ;)

6C81781F1A0EB1537D06D0F09105CCCC

BryzNasty fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 19, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
240fps on newke :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

BryzNasty posted:

Also, free ESEA 1 week code ;)

Got this, thanks