Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

qhat posted:

That's actually not true, I was one of the retarded teenage losers who got up early as possible to register a low steamid, I wasn't even F5'ing.

Nuh Uh, you just got lucky bru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Empire is one of the worst maps I have ever played

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Photex posted:

Change shaders to medium

This works, thanks. :)

Please update us when Valve or AMD patches things to behave nicely with CSGO.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Xenaero posted:

That's a weird way to spell Cruise.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz posted:

That's a weird way to spell Cruise.
That's also a weird way to spell Royal.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

That's also a weird way to spell Royal.

Royal is one of the best maps in the pool breh.

e: Wrong :colbert: Royal is dope and fun.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Feb 19, 2016

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Doesn't mean its good

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Ryan "fREAKAZOid" Abadir, Cloud9 CS:GO Player posted:

I have failed my community, teammates, and organization. I would like to offer a sincere apology to s1mple for the poor decision I made last night. The way I behaved was unacceptable. I expect better from myself, and will do all I can to meet those expectations going forward. This experience has taught me that one slip up can cost you everything. At the end of the day I would like to make amends with s1mple and move forward from this. I hope he and the community can forgive my actions.”

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Context

He also got fined a month's salary (~5.5K), half of which will be donated to PACER's National Bullying Prevention Center and the other half to Born This Way. He also has to go to an anti-bullying seminar which is :laffo:. A bunch of preteens and then this buff-rear end 20-something.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
Sounds like pretty classic counter-strike behavior all around to me :lol:

3 missions in and I already pretty much hate Cruise. What a goofy layout.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Cruise is cool in casual because if you kill the one or two CTs that try to enter boat bar, you can easily flank everyone else and then they get mad at you.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

symbolic posted:

Context

He also got fined a month's salary (~5.5K), half of which will be donated to PACER's National Bullying Prevention Center and the other half to Born This Way. He also has to go to an anti-bullying seminar which is :laffo:. A bunch of preteens and then this buff-rear end 20-something.

what in the holy gently caress

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

symbolic posted:

Context

lmao, thats over the line. its cs, this is some tame poo poo.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Google Butt posted:

lmao, thats over the line. its cs, this is some tame poo poo.

This is CS, and as a paid professional player I should be able act like a subhuman idiot child because it is a tradition at this point. :allears:

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

symbolic posted:

Context

Really dumb in any context, but especially so when s1mple is better than him by every metric.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

freak forgot that you have to actually be good to get away with dumb poo poo

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

By the way, here's a video of him struggling to come up with an apology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygpp6nUbyWM

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I love that he wasn't even in the game when he did it. He just jumped onto their mumble and started laying into him.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

fennesz posted:

I was hoping there'd be a mini blitz campaign or guaranteed drops for winners or something. It's fine for what it is but XP is beyond worthless.

As far as I can see it, the operation only changes your one drop per week to one of the "wildfire" collections, it doesn't actually add anything else. So you still only get one drop per week, which is p. lovely. :saddowns:

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Feb 19, 2016

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

symbolic posted:

Context

Reddit freaked the gently caress out about it and that's why he got punished now. This drama and what followed (douchebag Thorin managed to turn his take on it into a 20 minute video lmao) were dominating the front page for like two days.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Xenaero posted:

Let me introduce you to santorini....

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Katana Gomai posted:

As far as I can see it, the operation only changes your one drop per week to one of the "wildfire" collections, it doesn't actually add anything else. So you still only get one drop per week, which is p. lovely. :saddowns:

I've gotten two drops this week. Pretty sure it's always two.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

fennesz posted:

I've gotten two drops this week. Pretty sure it's always two.

I'm talking about guns, not cases. You've only ever been able to get one skin per week since the XP system was introduced (when you first level up after the reset). Cases still drop randomly (requiring more playtime after each drop) and getting two in a week usually doesn't take that much playtime.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

To be fair what he did was way out of line considering s1mple had to leave his friends back in Ukraine or wherever just to continue his career. Idk if the reaction is really justified but he was super loving dumb anyway.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
BARCELONA IS LIVE http://www.twitch.tv/esl_csgo

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

symbolic posted:

Context

You're never too old to learn how to not be a stupid rear end in a top hat.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Freak is in entirely PR recovery mode because his whole schtick besides being a mediocre player is being this positive anti-bullying guy, he actually filmed a YouTube video with his mom about how bullying is bad. His Twitter reads like a self help book for nerds.

He apparently not only logged into mumble during a match he wasn't in, he logged in under stewie's name.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Don't they all live in some nerd clubhouse together or something so he could have just sat down at the computer that was on, not defending him or anything because the situation is entirely hilarious

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Goofballs posted:

Don't they all live in some nerd clubhouse together or something so he could have just sat down at the computer that was on, not defending him or anything because the situation is entirely hilarious

Yeah pretty sure that's how it happened, I'd imagine it was on purpose because English isn't simples first language and all American accents are hosed up in a lot of ways.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Anyway, I'm also lolling at the idea of a fully grown buffed up man who plays video games as an actual profession attending a seminar for anti bullying alongside a bunch of teenagers, some of which probably know who he is.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Oh the Barcelona tournament has the same format than Gamescom. Let's see if any alliances rise this time, it could be fun!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

That timer is loving bullshit, man

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Also if you want catch up with the Freakazoid drama (I had no idea what the whole thing was about), just read this transcript. No need to waste your time with a 10 minute video.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I saw it on reddit but without a comedy outcome like a bullying seminar I'd have been embarrassed to mention it

Also saw this

New nuke

Old Nuke

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Those two big spheres on new nuke clearly is a reference for Source 2. It's coming :getin:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Hot drat apparently nuke is in the Barcelona map pool

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Hope the pcs are up to it then, I play high res with a lot of things turned up so I could mitigate the drops more if I wanted but I will laugh if the pros are on average pcs and get comedy stutters

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

My PC was mid-range 2 years ago and can pull 144 FPS so they will be fine.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

ScreaM just hit a nice kookly

edit: ScreaM is nailing some insane headshots right now

Photex fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Feb 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Scream? Headshots?