Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The secret as a Janna main is having an excellent eye for ADCs that are mechanically above average and winning lane incredibly hard every game and then never losing because being super ahead as Janna is an auto win condition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
not as good as the last one but still, I love lee
https://streamable.com/43z0

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Parallel Playa posted:

Ah, the normal start to every teamfight, both supports being useless.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Parallel Playa posted:

that lux at the end is silverlux.gif

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Been told y'all to stay woke on rammus for a grip now

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
iirc I praised him for the last shield that let me follow up on Q to kill Gragas and live so he did that as a response

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Luna aren't you like 19? What did you tell mom you spent £1500 on? Pens?

I've been playing lol since season one and video games are pretty much the only thing I find enjoyment in so when I find one I really like I tend to get attached, plus I've had a job since age 9 so whenever I want something, I simply work for it and then buy it. League (despite its faults) has consistently had content that I've wanted and adding in five years time and me as a dumb(er) teen and you get that sum

Remarker
Feb 7, 2011

Just played my first ever game as Kha'zix. Went 7/0/3. This is from someone who regularly has a negative K/D ratio because I suck. :stare:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
congrats

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

LeagueOfLegends.avi

https://youtu.be/VdO4fOAGzsM

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I bet Luna has sex with lots of boys or girl, whoever they prefer :)

stump collector
May 28, 2007

pkollar posted:

Just played my first ever game as Kha'zix. Went 7/0/3. This is from someone who regularly has a negative K/D ratio because I suck. :stare:

maybe you were against bots

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I can't remember the last time I saw literally anyone play Kha'zix. That loving bug needs to roll out. I will play him as support tomorrow.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Libertine posted:

Serious response is that anyone who wants to get Diamond in solo queue should only play Janna and nothing else. Advice has been good for last five years.

Or if you're just like queuing support because your mid/top queue isnt going anywhere. I just had one of those season 2 style "i'm going to play Sona like a bad person plays Soraka because they banned Soraka for some reason" people in my last game

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Libertine posted:

I can't remember the last time I saw literally anyone play Kha'zix. That loving bug needs to roll out. I will play him as support tomorrow.

But unlike Bond you have nowhere for him to hide YEARRRGHHHHHHHHHH

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Darth Windu posted:

I bet Luna has sex with lots of boys or girl, whoever they prefer :)

False

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

https://youtu.be/WDswiT87oo8

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

pkollar posted:

Yeah it's fun to kill lots of people but have you ever tried fat karma

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Starting E on top Quinn is the easily the best thing in human history

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
if i have a guy i want dead and im playing zed and i have everything up, pretending hes just a target dummy or whatever (but i cant just stand still and auto him forever)

do i want to ult auto shadow w/e auto for 50% and escape or is there a better way to try to combo people?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Darth Windu posted:

every time i order takeout instead of making something healthy yeah

Remarker
Feb 7, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

NOPE but I will. Just link me to a build, I'll do any dumb poo poo.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Verviticus posted:

if i have a guy i want dead and im playing zed and i have everything up, pretending hes just a target dummy or whatever (but i cant just stand still and auto him forever)

do i want to ult auto shadow w/e auto for 50% and escape or is there a better way to try to combo people?

i was always under the impression that triple shuriken was the most damaging thing you could do but i have also always wondered this myself

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
the big things are that you land both shuriken, pop your passive, and also bork them

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I wonder how this will effect league of legends, if at all (since Riot is owned by a Chinese company, maybe not)

http://qz.com/620076/beijing-is-banning-all-foreign-media-from-publishing-online-in-china/
“Sino-foreign joint ventures, Sino-foreign cooperative ventures, and foreign business units shall not engage in online publishing services,” the rules state. Any publisher of online content, including “texts, pictures, maps, games, animations, audios, and videos,” will also be required to store their “necessary technical equipment, related servers, and storage devices” in China, the directive says. Any “online publication service units” needs to get prior approval from SARFT if they want to cooperate on a project with any foreign company, joint venture, or individual.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Tencent owns Riot Games, so probably not much.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah ten cent doesn't run anything outside of China, see, it's just all these other companies that ten cent owns but aren't actually Chinese companies. Like riot.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Lady Naga posted:

I'm not even 30 yet, it's a horrible negative feedback cycle where I keep thinking that I should just go ahead and grind away to get to the fun part of the game but then I realize that to do so I'd have to play the unfun part.

I'm not sure that I'd describe ranked as more "fun" than normal, exactly.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Lead out in cuffs posted:

It's less about ranked and more about being able to do neat things with runes and masteries.

Like I don't even care that I'd probably do loving horrible with Tank Karma I just really want to try it out but I have a feeling it'd be nowhere close to as fun as it should be with only lovely tier 1 runes and a handful of masteries.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lead out in cuffs posted:

It sucks to play the game without tier 3 runes.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Has the ward debris ever helped anyone? I've never gotten any use out of it.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i hardly even notice the ward debris outside of when i sweep a brush since it gets highlighed.

i guess its helpful to know where they used to have a ward so you can say "oh no wonder none of my ganks worked" or whatever because you never smite the raptor.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Ward debris spawns when a ward dies so if you're paying attention you can tell when an enemy ward expires and can relay that information to your jungler or roaming mid. "River ward's down" is useful info to pass along. Especially since they will likely move up to replace it which leaves them open to getting murdered if your guys move quick.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
These last 2 ranked matches I've played my team has been especially dumb. The RNG gods are upset with me getting out of bronze 4 in like 5 matches and are now going to make me work for it. I just want to be out of bronze... if only I had zzrot back... then I could do it...

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

BigLeafyTree posted:

Has the ward debris ever helped anyone? I've never gotten any use out of it.

It's helpful early game to let me know if the ward that I saw them place a minute or two ago has expired yet.

Once laning is over, I don't really think it's helpful.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

NTT posted:

The secret as a Janna main is having an excellent eye for ADCs that are mechanically above average and winning lane incredibly hard every game and then never losing because being super ahead as Janna is an auto win condition

To add to this, I think playing ADC yourself will help you realize certain things that you don't completely understand right now. Start a smurf and see how far you can get as ADC. Queue ADC/Mid so that you're more likely to get ADC, not ADC/Support. Just don't go support period because you'll be extremely likely to get it, which means you won't get anything out of the experience.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

GenericGirlName posted:

These last 2 ranked matches I've played my team has been especially dumb. The RNG gods are upset with me getting out of bronze 4 in like 5 matches and are now going to make me work for it. I just want to be out of bronze... if only I had zzrot back... then I could do it...

What's your IGN, I can add you on a low elo smurf

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Is jungle Zac worse for any reason? He used to be my go to jungler but the last half dozen games with him I just seem to get wrecked. When I play him top I'm fine so I'm not sure if he's worse in the jungle now or if I just lost my magic touch with him.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.

rabidsquid posted:

Actually league rules when you get to do this to the dumb rear end hole laner on the other team https://vine.co/v/MZmwQn02lDu

I know this is from 2 pages ago, but I just wanted to say it made me laugh because that's how I felt last night playing with a bunch of stupid real life friends who had never played before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

Is jungle Zac worse for any reason? He used to be my go to jungler but the last half dozen games with him I just seem to get wrecked. When I play him top I'm fine so I'm not sure if he's worse in the jungle now or if I just lost my magic touch with him.

zac got toned down a long time ago to push him out of lane but he hasn't been touched much since aside from minor tweaks. he's still pretty solid and reliable and runic gave him access to a build with a ridiculous early powerspike at the cost of falling off much harder later.

• Locked thread