Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Can't wait for the speed nodes to cost more than fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

lol over 9000 hehehehe

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Just remember one thing: they have to raise the cap to 10,000 because it's the only way they'll make the damage output of 7,500 right now.

It's a bit different and why again, the ttk thread on the O is obsolete in two weeks.

Pending any changes, of course.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Ehhh, whatever. There's not enough high-end content in the game to make progression mean anything, so why not just rebalance things so that 10k Omegas results in the same overall damage output that 7.5k currently does. It'll, at least, create the illusion of progression and keep the hardcore players from crowing about having nothing to do for another few weeks, right?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Kelp Plankton posted:

there is no irony or joking in this thread, everyone is serious all the time

if you cant handle that maybe you should play Avengers Academy instead

thats what i do

You are a shell of the lovely leader you once were.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

really curious what 2500 extra omegas is in terms of overall curve

it's probably the equivalent of 5000+ in the old system

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Well now I'm really happy that I only have to put up with this system for a week or so (I'm assuming this February Major update is next week since we're running out of month?).

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Lux Aeterna posted:

really curious what 2500 extra omegas is in terms of overall curve

it's probably the equivalent of 5000+ in the old system

Well there's no way they will ever mess up the numbers on 2000+ more levels so I'm sure it will be fine.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

An over 9000 joke? Alright, I'm reinstalling. Bring my sad yellow rear end back into this glory hole.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kalli posted:

An over 9000 joke? Alright, I'm reinstalling. Bring my sad yellow rear end back into this glory hole.

Yay!!! More people i know returning!

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

GRANDIO DID YOU GET MY EMAILS?

I was asking you to return to Mr. Gaz. This is a great day!

Have you updated your known_controller_users.txt? We have a lot.

I got one email but im not reinstalling until I can buy symbiote racon

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

He's in the store now.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Metrohunter posted:

I got one email but im not reinstalling until I can buy symbiote racon

It's available right now in game.

I maxed his ult while you were gone and am prolly the best racon player in game. I'm going to be sponsored no joke.

Also, Leowyld has now designated certain days of the week to wear certain costumes. Sundays are known as "Symbiote Sundays". Mondays are dress shirt racon because that's when people go back to work, so on and so forth.

Yes I am actually being serious.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

it'll probably only take a couple days of boosted CMM farming to hit the new omega cap so lol

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

AegisP posted:

Well now I'm really happy that I only have to put up with this system for a week or so (I'm assuming this February Major update is next week since we're running out of month?).

I'm guessing April.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

It's amazing it took them so long to figure out that omega xp should be curved to help new players. I'm not sure really how limiting the omega points in a node really helps build diversification. Unless they actually achieve real balance there will always be a most efficient way to spend omegas for most of the roster. This is just going to change the current standard to a new standard but will open up the possibility of having a chunk of leftover omegas that don't really provide a return because you're tapped out in good nodes.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Blockhouse posted:

there's like at least eight layers of it

This thread is like an ogre.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

lol over 9000 hehehehe

I am still laughing out loud at this, over here

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Topical humor is the best kind. It never goes out of style.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Thank god that they finally made the omega system less of a brick wall for new players. That can't have been a good new player experience.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

It's available right now in game.

I maxed his ult while you were gone and am prolly the best racon player in game. I'm going to be sponsored no joke.

Also, Leowyld has now designated certain days of the week to wear certain costumes. Sundays are known as "Symbiote Sundays". Mondays are dress shirt racon because that's when people go back to work, so on and so forth.

Yes I am actually being serious.

I wish I could be as chill as Leowyld.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

AegisP posted:

Reminder that Gaz made huge posts about their teamup revamp in January last year, but then it took six months for them to actually implement them

e; and they still aren't done, teamup synergies :lol:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
It's a shame Disney put the kibosh on mutants, because now I want me some Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Can't be long til Breivik has a FoxDiablo ready to go.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Kainser posted:

I wish I could be as chill as Leowyld.

I wish you had brain damage too.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ghostlight posted:

I hope they are being literal on that Omega Boxes = Experience thing, because I'd love to start burning some of my dozens in a new box prestige.

Especially as they will almost surely be affected by XP boost. I'm trying to think how many it would take to do a full 1-60 Prestige at 200% XP. I'm pretty sure it's less than 20. Which means that if I boost up to a modest 600% and wait for Cosmic Week, the mere 200 or so I have in my Stash should be enough to complete two Cosmic 1-60s.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jedit posted:

Especially as they will almost surely be affected by XP boost. I'm trying to think how many it would take to do a full 1-60 Prestige at 200% XP. I'm pretty sure it's less than 20. Which means that if I boost up to a modest 600% and wait for Cosmic Week, the mere 200 or so I have in my Stash should be enough to complete two Cosmic 1-60s.

oh for sure man

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

they'll probably just convert them all to those log-in XP boxes then call it a day and hit the hotdog carts

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

It's probably more of a hotdog trough.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Actually we know exactly what it looks like cos a photo leaked some time last year:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

punchymcpunch posted:

Actually we know exactly what it looks like cos a photo leaked some time last year:

THE GUN IS GOOD

THE HOT DOG IS EVIL

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

So, after playing Future Fight ... playable Kingpin when, MrGaz!?!

Vote Blingpin for 7th char of AP3!

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

What about the Blob? The character that most of the goons can relate to.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

only the sveltest goons with the healthiest lifestyles play marble zeroes 2016

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

ransome posted:

seems accurate

Not patching on Fridays is easy:
1) Develop a patch as normal.
2) When it is ready to deploy (Thursday, Friday, whatever), don't deploy it.
3) Wait until Monday.
4) Deploy the patch.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kokoro Wish posted:

It's a shame Disney put the kibosh on mutants, because now I want me some Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

The comic one is completely different anyway.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

The comic one is completely different anyway.

Still inferior to the real thing.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

The gently caress did I just watch.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

FranktheBank posted:

The gently caress did I just watch.

See now if you were Grant Morrison you'd go "gonna remember this for later and make a character out of this."

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
Holy poo poo that other Monster Magnet song is about Galactus! :tviv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
They've got a lot of songs are about comics, Dave's a huge comics guy. See if this sounds like anyone you recognize...

• Locked thread