Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

don't you know that if you mess with the Strict Bathroom Binary you are an sjw cucklord who hates free speach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Al! posted:

game idea: you are a human astronaut who has to pick the correct bathroom on a series of ever more alien space stations. mix of papers please and don't poo poo your pants

i'll start the wiki

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

CrazyLittle posted:

i'll start the wiki

:effort:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
poo poo that was actually a good idea tm tm tm

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

what's uptoilets

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Pinterest Mom posted:

what's uptoilets

nm toilets

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

what's uptoilets

i don't know, what's up with you? :newlol:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sagebrush posted:

i'll fundament this right now

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Space-Pope posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/wzdAg

lmfao @ looking forward to an mmo ityool 2016

"no i swear it will be different this time! :qq:"

wasn't horizons supposed to basically be this with the whole "you can really influence the world" thing

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

go buy fire emblem conquest, u can be gay w/a anime husubandu

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Finished XCOM2. Last battle is kinda underwhelming but having two mind-controlled Gatekeepers with you and two grenadiers- one specced for explosive and another for single-target damage kinda made it somewhat anti-climactic.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

triple sulk posted:

there's finally gay animarriage?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Improbable Lobster posted:

there's finally gay animarriage?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
c bear game:

so far the bear has shot a dude in a rocket and he was burned to a crisp on re-entry

edit: damnit they hosed up the rocket pic on steam oh well

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 20, 2016

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

probation incoming

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it's hard to come up with a project name that is neither too scatological nor too political

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I'm going with space piss for now

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

triple sulk posted:

my preorder isn't coming until monday :negative:

I'd usually choose a girl as the PC but i wanna be gay.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it's 2016, everyone wants to be gay

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
can't wait to begin my mission on the pISS

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

haveblue posted:

can't wait to begin my mission on the pISS

portable international space shitter

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

my preorder isn't coming until monday :negative:

I'd usually choose a girl as the PC but i wanna be gay.

ps girls can be gay with other girls?!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxVwgiZ3xao

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

ps girls can be gay with other girls?!

gay boys > gay girls > straight girls > straight boys in my ranking of who i wanna play as

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
in story-driven rpgs like baldurs gate, i usually base my first character on myself, and try to choose conversation options based on how i would respond

on other playthroughs, i go with something purposely unlike me

in dungeon crawlers like wizardry or online games like diablo where idgaf about the story, i go with whatever i think looks cool

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

prototyping going well

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

so here's the plan right now. you have a meter that is running out. each bathroom you enter will either have an alien that will tolerate you or hate you based on a set of instructions in a "smartphone app" that will either be in game or will pop up as a separate exe. the solution to a level varies depending on what other species are at that station, which is randomly generated. the species will be determined by the player by comparing pictures of planets on each door to pictures in the app, some of which might have obvious but minor differences. if you go into the wrong bathroom you can recover but that alien will be slowly following you for the rest of the game, if they catch you they drain your meter, causing another layer of urgency when cross checking instructions against eachother. when you go into the right bathroom your piss meter increases a little bit and you are teleported to a new, weirder station. your success will be determined by how many stations you can clear.

this post is my design doc

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Al! posted:

so here's the plan right now. you have a meter that is running out. each bathroom you enter will either have an alien that will tolerate you or hate you based on a set of instructions in a "smartphone app" that will either be in game or will pop up as a separate exe. the solution to a level varies depending on what other species are at that station, which is randomly generated. the species will be determined by the player by comparing pictures of planets on each door to pictures in the app, some of which might have obvious but minor differences. if you go into the wrong bathroom you can recover but that alien will be slowly following you for the rest of the game, if they catch you they drain your meter, causing another layer of urgency when cross checking instructions against eachother. when you go into the right bathroom your piss meter increases a little bit and you are teleported to a new, weirder station. your success will be determined by how many stations you can clear.

look out here comes your piss lol

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

im the piss meter

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Notorious QIG posted:

c bloodborne s:

augur of ebrietas owns, nightmare frontier owns, the sound design of the game in general but especially the nightmare frontier owns, the hunter's nightmare owns, pvp does not own, the vileblood covenant is really disappointing, the guy named "jewcruise" who kept invading me in the nightmare frontier is terrible

my proudest moments of bloodborne were getting invaded in nightmare of mensis, fighting the dudes, and winning, despite having little idea what's going on in bloodborne PvP. I assumed people invading would be twinked out for facewrecking but I guess not

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

cfe:fs: its good! when do i get to a guy whos worth dating though CMON

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
this thread made me want to make a game

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Al! posted:

:five:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

plz include notable Star Trek aliens like: cowboys from the cowboy planet, gangsters from the gangster planet, space hippies, half-white/half-black aliens, etc.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

pseudorandom name posted:

plz include notable Star Trek aliens like: cowboys from the cowboy planet, gangsters from the gangster planet, space hippies, half-white/half-black aliens, etc.

space jews

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

pseudorandom name posted:

i already stole some star trek beep boops for the sound, i guess i could steal some alien designs cuz you'll need a lot of them for this game to be interesting.

the hardest part will be designing the random generation algorithm. i'm visualising it as drawing x number of cards out of a deck, and then discarding the hand unless one and only one card can be played. the risk here is that some rule-sets may not play nice with any other ones, and will therefore not come up ever in random generation.

i'll probably need to ask for help with that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

DuckConference posted:

my proudest moments of bloodborne were getting invaded in nightmare of mensis, fighting the dudes, and winning, despite having little idea what's going on in bloodborne PvP. I assumed people invading would be twinked out for facewrecking but I guess not

for some reason i seem to beat invaders more often than not

speaking of bloodborne, c bloodborne s

kos..... or some say kosm...... grant us eyesssss

• Locked thread