Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nick Riccardi ‏@NickRiccardi 3m3 minutes ago Las Vegas, NV
Caesars GM telling hourly workers to stay as long as they need. "I will take the heart from your bosses." Big cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

jon joe posted:

Oh, huh

What was before caucuses?

Rollerball

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Concerned Citizen posted:

GOP caucus isn't today.

This thread is not just for the Dem caucus in Nevada but I can definitely see how one would get that impression.

Makes sense that they're not doing exit polls while the voting is still ongoing.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Im sitting on my balcony in Phnom Phenn watching two hookers fight while reading this thread. Its an oddly suitable soundtrack.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

MSNBC said a Rubio guy was there trying to take over cameras to stump for Rubio

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

There a way for the awful app to imbed tweets?

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx

Vox Nihili posted:

Caesars GM telling hourly workers to stay as long as they need. "I will take the heart from your bosses." Big cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk2E1CoGe98

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

bird cooch posted:

Im sitting on my balcony in Phnom Phenn watching two hookers fight while reading this thread. Its an oddly suitable soundtrack.

You are a twisted man, making Cambodian hookers fight for your amusement.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Phlegmish posted:

This thread is not just for the Dem primary in Nevada but I can definitely see how one would get that impression.

Makes sense that they're not doing exit polls while the voting is still ongoing.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post.

Second wave of exits are in. Seem to imply a slight Bernie edge.

http://www.cnn.com/election/primaries/polls/NV/Dem

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

jon joe posted:

Oh, huh

Russian roulette.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Bethany Barnes ‏@BetsBarnes 10m10 minutes ago
Me: How is the (#NVcaucus) organization?
Caucus-goer: Bad!
Me: What kind of problems did you face?
CG: All.
(She is staying to caucus)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili posted:

I know it's a mistype for 'heat' probably, but then again a GM at Caesars may actually just have a dude on staff who can remove a guy's heart who causes problems.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Concerned Citizen posted:

Sorry, I misunderstood your post.

Second wave of exits are in. Seem to imply a slight Bernie edge.

http://www.cnn.com/election/primaries/polls/NV/Dem

I suspect Sanders will outperform the entrance polls so I think this is very good news for him.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili posted:

Bethany Barnes ‏@BetsBarnes 10m10 minutes ago
Me: How is the (#NVcaucus) organization?
Caucus-goer: Bad!
Me: What kind of problems did you face?
CG: All.
(She is staying to caucus)

Democracy.txt

Come on mods, Your Candidate Sucks: What Kind of problems did you face? All.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/701141656192610306

NV College Republicans did say they were trying to get their members to caucus for Bernie today, but their effect is probably overstated because, come on, it's College Republicans.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Nevada was a dictatorship rum by Emperor Reid before today's caucus, he was so kind to let his subjects have the delusion of democracy.

Hyoi
Feb 17, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

FRACAS AT THE CAUCUS

The name of my new ska-punk band

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I know it's a mistype for 'heat' probably, but then again a GM at Caesars may actually just have a dude on staff who can remove a guy's heart who causes problems.

i have no doubt that the GM at ceasars could have you taken out back and killed on his order tbqh

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

You are a twisted man, making Cambodian hookers fight for your amusement.

The sad truth is, for :10bux: it could be a fight to the death.

I have decided that the girl in black represents clinton, the girl in red sanders. Will update with the results of the Cambodian caucus. Sanders has a definite size advantage but hillery has a lot of spunk.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/701142744715161601

Caucuses own.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

bird cooch posted:

It should be three hookers fighting for $100m though

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
CBS entrance poll shows more good news for Sanders:

quote:

Sanders winning in key groups now: White 44 / 52 Latino 43 / 54

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Vox Nihili posted:

I'm assuming that's a typo and he said heat, but I like the idea of going temple of doom on everyone's manager.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

jon joe posted:

Oh, huh

I'm seeing that they had caucuses in 2000 and 2004, but those might have been the old-fashioned party active members only thing, which jsut about every state did before the 60s. I.e., you couldn't just show up and participate as a regular voter and registered party member.

Phlegmish posted:

This thread is not just for the Dem caucus in Nevada but I can definitely see how one would get that impression.

South Carolina polls close at 7 PM Eastern, I wouldn't expect a bunch of exit polls until at least like 4 or 5 PM

Lyapunov Unstable
Nov 20, 2011
these commercials with the %1er peanut lecturing millennials about being poor because theyre too lazy unlike the industrious workaholic wealthy peanuts is really bizarre given the political climate and audience of msnbc. unless the msnbc audience is retirees with 1960s childhood poisoning like every other TV channel i guess thats possible too

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
just heard entrance poll is 49-47 sanders favor

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Lyapunov Unstable posted:

these commercials with the %1er peanut lecturing millennials about being poor because theyre too lazy unlike the industrious workaholic wealthy peanuts is really bizarre given the political climate and audience of msnbc. unless the msnbc audience is retirees with 1960s childhood poisoning like every other TV channel i guess thats possible too

Looking forward to the peanuttines

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Michelle Rindels
‏@RindelsAP
3rd party candidate Rocky De La Fuente is making a personal pitch in this Rancho classroom for people to vote for him. Applause.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

bird cooch posted:

The sad truth is, for :10bux: it could be a fight to the death.

I have decided that the girl in black represents clinton, the girl in red sanders. Will update with the results of the Cambodian caucus. Sanders has a definite size advantage but hillery has a lot of spunk.

That must be one hell of a fight if it's still going on.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Chris Matthews talking on MSBC about how Bernie supporters don't realize that a tax on Wall Street speculation will effect their 401k. How clueless could this guy be?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

PPPowns

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
So if Sanders pulls this out today, the scoreboard is:

White midwestern swing state - tie
White northeastern swing state - Sanders win
Diverse southwestern swing state - Sanders win

Hmmmm.... yes indeed. Clearly Trump would definitely be stumped by ace presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

PPPwnd

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

good for him :3:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

fishmech posted:

I'm seeing that they had caucuses in 2000 and 2004, but those might have been the old-fashioned party active members only thing, which jsut about every state did before the 60s. I.e., you couldn't just show up and participate as a regular voter and registered party member.

South Carolina polls close at 7 PM Eastern, I wouldn't expect a bunch of exit polls until at least like 4 or 5 PM

CNN has a big countdown clock to the first SC exit polls at 5 Eastern

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

:allears:

God I love PPP

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

The Kingfish posted:

Chris Matthews talking on MSBC about how Bernie supporters don't realize that a tax on Wall Street speculation will effect their 401k. How clueless could this guy be?

Hard as it is to believe, they actually are this out of touch.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Having a 401k requires having a job

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

That must be one hell of a fight if it's still going on.

Theres a guy holding them apart now. Its all just screaming at this point. The patriarchy ruins something else.

Also, meth is really big with the working girls here, so theres lots of energy. I would give the win to sanders though, her hair pulling and head slapping was on point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Brief reminder that Nevada is the 13th most favorable state to Hillary based on the 538 index of demographics and political affiliation.

That said, it'll be hard to draw any conclusions from the results beyond "CAUCUS BAD, ALL PROBLEMS" unless there's a blowout.

• Locked thread