Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

motherfucking oval office poo poo goddamnit.

Started at 50$, rode the SC 2nd market waves up to 90$. (buying for about 45, selling for 55-60) Bought a ton of Cruz yes for 60 cents right before a big wad of votes came in for Rubio, giving him a 3k vote lead that never diminished for the rest of the night. I ended the night at 25$.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

New rule, no more wave riding after 50% of the precincts report in. :argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
DecisionDesk and the AP have very different results for Greenville with DD looking like they have all of it. If they are both right, Cruz probably got 2nd.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

THEY'RE loving PRACTICALLY TIED JESUS CHRIST

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
god loving damnit

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Cruz is almost 2000 votes down with 6% left to report. Unless there are hidden Cruz covens out there, he's not gonna beat that gap.

edit: 1k gap with 99% reporting.

Wrap it up Cruz-ailues.

I feel your pain.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Tenasscity posted:

Cruz is almost 2000 votes down with 6% left to report. Unless there are hidden Cruz covens out there, he's not gonna beat that gap.

Yeah it's over. What a wild ride lol.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Tenasscity posted:

Wrap it up Cruz-ailues.

I feel your pain.

Looks like only 900 to me?

oh you edited

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

a cop posted:

Omg taking a look at http://www.decisiondeskhq.com/south-carolina-gop-primary/ it's definitely still a possibility. Unlikely yeah but possible. If ratfuck cruz pulls it out I'll go nuts.

Check out York county. Its in the north. Only 66% of the vote in and Cruz is a strong 2nd. Rat gently caress Cruz might pull it off

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Tenasscity posted:

Wrap it up Cruz-ailues.

I feel your pain.

eh 1% is still 7k...

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a cop posted:

Omg taking a look at http://www.decisiondeskhq.com/south-carolina-gop-primary/ it's definitely still a possibility. Unlikely yeah but possible. If ratfuck cruz pulls it out I'll go nuts.

Rubio just jumped ahead another thousand

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fuschia tude posted:

Why is Trump so low in Nevada? The state where he's polling better than double his nearest rival? His polling underperformance in the Iowa caucus was only 5 points.

Rubio and Cruz apparently have roots there, plus they're Cuban so all the Mexicans have to love them. Also it's a caucus and apparently the Nevada GOP is among the most conservative, which are Cruz advantages.

Trump can Trump, but those are more or less the reasons.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Check out York county. Its in the north. Only 66% of the vote in and Cruz is a strong 2nd. Rat gently caress Cruz might pull it off

Yeah I was lookin' all over the board, the majority of counties with votes still out favored Cruz. Allendale and Jasper are still 100% unknown though, and Fox News is reporting Cruz up with 99% of the vote in so I figure they must have access to that info.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Wrap
:bang:
it
:bang:
up

At least the establishment fake conservatives are shaking in their boots, right?

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/02/20/upshot/live-south-carolina-primary-model.html

This has Cruz winning right now and says there are easily +2000 Cruz votes out in the rest of the hinterlands. No sane human being should be betting on these at this point but the sweat is fun!

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
But if I bet I can make up my losses from earlier!

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I'm so glad I sold my Cruz 2nd at .83 before leaving for dinner. Wish I'd bought more Rubio 2nd before leaving as a cheap bet! :v:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Adar posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/02/20/upshot/live-south-carolina-primary-model.html

This has Cruz winning right now and says there are easily +2000 Cruz votes out in the rest of the hinterlands. No sane human being should be betting on these at this point but the sweat is fun!

You know who you're talking to, right?

*uploads :10bux: more*

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

C7ty1 posted:

I'm so glad I sold my Cruz 2nd at .83 before leaving for dinner. Wish I'd bought more Rubio 2nd before leaving as a cheap bet! :v:

I was planning on live betting for the first time, got distracted and lost everything (my ten dollars of funbucks) Even if Cruz recovers I could've made 10 times the profit buying low! Argh!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

isn't "morning in America" a Clinton thing?

edit nm Reagan, obviously

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

so how the hell is CNN wrong about 2000 possible Cruz voters and why does the NYTimes disagree with fewer precincts reporting?

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
They're converging now and my best guess is we're gonna be short about 500 in the end, although it depends on what that last precinct in Beaufort looks like vOv

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The fact that it's still too close to call is loving nuts lol

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Adar posted:

Where do you see Cruz coming in 2nd? I'm blind here

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Adar posted:

They're converging now and my best guess is we're gonna be short about 500 in the end, although it depends on what that last precinct in Beaufort looks like vOv

And beaufort is hugely for rubio so yeah we're hosed. If they find a box full of cruz votes somewhere, though....

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Where do you see Cruz coming in 2nd? I'm blind here

I think he's actually underneath but the formatting puts his name on top

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
Cruz mathematically can't win second at this point

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's over. Congrats to Jeb over Kasich.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Went from being +400 to -240 over the course of the night. Was still fun. Cheaper than a night in vegas.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I came in to tonight +2% in my portfolio and am still at +2% because after losing 66% on Iowa I am a huge gigantic baby

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

made 300 tonight, put most of it into trump winning MA

:toot:

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I've decided the stress isn't worth losing out on the enjoyment of following the politics, I might do some safe and steady stuff later but this was too wild for me. I still think Trump has a shot at 35%, though =).

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
So I spent my afternoon with friends drinking homebrewed beer and having fun. Now time to catch up on the fun. This is where I am now-

Abel Wingnut posted:

GET OUT

ABORT

BREAK EVEN AND BE HAPPY

DON'T BET ON CHAOS

Oh boy this is gonna be a fun read. Time to find out who got burned

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
It's about god drat time I started making money on my Hillary for the DNOM shares. Also, totally went in on Bernie losing Nevada :getin:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
lmao @ this loving thread. here's a political cartoon:

cruz 2nd --> :rubshands: <-- predictIt thread

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

I made about $80 on Nevada, I was up about $150 at one point in SC, I lost about $30 on the last Cruz/Rubio flip

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Necc0 posted:

cruz 2nd --> :rubshands: <-- predictIt thread

hahaha

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I have no idea how much I made tonight. I did so much trading on the 2nd/3rd that its gonna take me an hour to figure it out (one particularly moronic trade cost me 200 in the span of about 3 minutes lol).

Probably 1k on SC, 3 hundo on Nevada.

Oh yeah and like 300? on lolJeb.

Arkane has issued a correction as of 04:46 on Feb 21, 2016

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Cruz just took 2nd

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Not like they are going to read this, but I do give them credit for whatever they did to their servers in the last couple weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Missed out on your free money folks; Rubio fell from 98 to 78

• Locked thread