Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

Boosted_C5 posted:

We did it.

We will make America great again, greater than ever before. Thank you for your vote citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

Schnorkles posted:

by the by Rubio will almost certainly be the nominee, but Trump is going to change the republican electorate in ways that won't be self evident for years.

There is a small pathway for Trump or Cruz but its getting harder to see.

lol

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Roger Stone on Hannity right now!!!

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

I don't think Trump would actually attack Hillary the way he did Jeb, he hated Jeb and he likes Hillary. Like stop thinking about this in terms of party lines, this is all personal for Trump. Everything is personal for Trump.

are we going from "Hillary will devour Trump in the debates" to "but they're frieeeends"?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Rich Lowry about to cry on Hannity. "Trump ate Cruz's lunch!" Good stuff.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
don't get silly, trump vs hillary debates would be a majestic television moment rivaling UFC in nastiness

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

are we going from "Hillary will devour Trump in the debates" to "but they're frieeeends"?

The deniers will keep pulling the goalposts back until they fall off a cliff on Nov. 8th.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

Nah I just don't think he's going to call her a oval office.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Montasque posted:

I just think a contested convention is more wacky than a Trump nomination. There will come a point and time where the GOP just wants to put this thing to bed and move forward instead of driving this circus on and on and on and potentially destroying their party.

I guess I just don't believe that Trump is an existential threat to the party, or I should say, I don't believe the GOPe believes he is one... I could be wrong of course...

You may honestly be right about this, but I can't see the party that nominated Romney, McCain, W. and Dole is somehow going to nominate Trump.

That said, I think the existential threat of Trump is honestly happening right now, and is transforming the electorate.

There's a weird thing here [and other places] where people seem to believe that in order to be the most important you have to win. Trump is the political story of 2016. He has transformed the way campaigns will be run, and he has fundamentally transformed the republican electorate.

He still probably won't win.

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

:smug:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Joementum posted:

“What we learned today is Hillary Clinton’s firewall with Latino voters is a myth,” Arturo Carmona, deputy political director for Bernie 2016, said. “The Latino community responded strongly to Bernie Sanders’ message of immigration reform and creating an economy that works for all families. This is critically important as we move ahead to states like Colorado, Arizona, Texas and California.”

Not really surprising. When polled "immigration reform" isn't anywhere close to the primary concern of Latino voters. The talking point that it is the key to them is just a remasking of the frankly racist assumption that they are all here illegally or on a green card. The fact is most latinos were either born here or immigrated legally. When polled their primary concern is almost always "education" followed hotly by "jobs" and then some variation of social mobility/"my children will have it better than I do"/"I can get ahead in life", then health care. Then it is usually a mix of crime, infrastructure, rising costs, and then immigration reform. Or basically exactly what you would expect to be the concerns of a lower income family.

Those top core concerns are like 80% of the Sanders pitch. Everyone knows he is focused on them, everyone knows his plan, even if they don't agree with it. Clinton doesn't have anywhere near the messaging focus on those that he does.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
District 1 93% reporting, Trump up 3%

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/elections/2016/by_cd/SC_GOP_0220_VD.html?SITE=AP&SECTION=POLITICS

South Carolina isn't winner takes all, but it's TRUMP TAKES ALL!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011
District 1 is now 93% reporting -- Trump leads Rubio with 3,277. All 50!

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

its

its delicious

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

is this loving real

edit: i'm an idiot and didn't finish reading it

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

richland county went for trump in the end, it looks like, by about the same margin i thought i saw rubio leading a few hours ago. huh, either i confused myself or somebody mislabeled something or there was a huge number of trump votes that got updated late

so only charleston county voted for anyone over trump - and the trumpmander ripped that slim majority up, trump won every CD by at least 3%

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Fried Chicken posted:

Not really surprising. When polled "immigration reform" isn't anywhere close to the primary concern of Latino voters. The talking point that it is the key to them is just a remasking of the frankly racist assumption that they are all here illegally or on a green card. The fact is most latinos were either born here or immigrated legally. When polled their primary concern is almost always "education" followed hotly by "jobs" and then some variation of social mobility/"my children will have it better than I do"/"I can get ahead in life", then health care. Then it is usually a mix of crime, infrastructure, rising costs, and then immigration reform. Or basically exactly what you would expect to be the concerns of a lower income family.

Those top core concerns are like 80% of the Sanders pitch. Everyone knows he is focused on them, everyone knows his plan, even if they don't agree with it. Clinton doesn't have anywhere near the messaging focus on those that he does.

I agree and think the talk about Hillary's demographic advantage is lazy punditry. She won NV today because she and Reid got the culinary workers union to turn out in LV with some late-game campaigning. And good for them! Organizing your voters to win a caucus is exactly how this should work.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

please stop, this chair is not absorbent

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

You may honestly be right about this, but I can't see the party that nominated Romney, McCain, W. and Dole is somehow going to nominate Trump.

That said, I think the existential threat of Trump is honestly happening right now, and is transforming the electorate.

There's a weird thing here [and other places] where people seem to believe that in order to be the most important you have to win. Trump is the political story of 2016. He has transformed the way campaigns will be run, and he has fundamentally transformed the republican electorate.

He still probably won't win.

I get your point of view but I just can't see the Republican Party rat-loving their fort runner in such an open way. If they did it would lead to the destruction of the party in my opinion.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Montasque posted:

I get your point of view but I just can't see the Republican Party rat-loving their fort runner in such an open way. If they did it would lead to the destruction of the party in my opinion.

He could run third party right? That would gently caress up everything.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Really big night for Trump.

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/701250508284108800

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
The establishment isn't ratfucking us. We already won the war. They just don't know it yet.

Allahu Akbar

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Montasque posted:

The party has already been destroyed. Trump has Jeb's severed head on a lance and will parade it through the remaining states. He will skewer Rubio Vlad-style and leave his husk to dry in the sun unless he kisses that yooge, luxurious ring.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Boosted_C5 posted:

The establishment isn't ratfucking us. We already won the war. They just don't know it yet.

Allahu Akbar

Boosted, as a true republican son of liberty, in your opinion what would happen if the GOPe rat hosed Trump?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Pick posted:

Nah I just don't think he's going to call her a oval office.

With Bill's victims as surrogates he won't need to.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Montasque posted:

And you may be right, and that's really exciting.

I love politics.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Lmao

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
aaaaand here we go

https://twitter.com/LACaldwellDC/status/701254704010018816

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

Boosted, as a true republican son of liberty, in your opinion what would happen if the GOPe rat hosed Trump?

Uh, I would make it my life's mission to destroy them and only after succeeding would I turn back to focusing on the Demonrats

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Ace of Baes posted:

You're out of touch, Trump is going to be the nominee, and if he's up against Clinton I wouldn't be surprised if he won the GE.

This is good news for Clintonites because Trump may be the only candidate left with a lower favorability split with the general electorate.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Boosted_C5 posted:

Uh, I would make it my life's mission to destroy them and only after succeeding would I turn back to focusing on the Demonrats

This is good.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/JasonWellsM/status/701250944768544768

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

it's really unpleasant to know that the people around you, even the ones who claim to support causes that would help you, are massively resentful racists on the inside.

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

FourLeaf posted:

it's really unpleasant to know that the people around you, even the ones who claim to support causes that would help you, are massively resentful racists on the inside.

That post was quite clearly a joke.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The AP results have now updated with 96% of CD-1 counted and has Trump leading there by 2,800 votes. He sweeps the delegates.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

FourLeaf posted:

That post is obviously a troll man, come on.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

That post is obviously a troll man, come on.

Mystery Goomba posted:

That post was quite clearly a joke.

It's reddit! Poe's law has got me running around not knowing what's real anymore

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

FourLeaf posted:

some people pay alot of money to be cu​cked by a black buck
its the fetish du jour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

The AP results have now updated with 96% of CD-1 counted and has Trump leading there by 2,800 votes. He sweeps the delegates.

The GOP has to do whatever it takes to get Kasich and Carson to drop by super Tuesday. If not the only way Rubio gets the nomination is a royal screw job at the convention and Trump fucks them over with an independent run.

• Locked thread