Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah I like this.

To add: Florans get some hp or a short buff from kills?

gently caress I knew i forgot a race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

gently caress I knew i forgot a race

It's okay they're as bland and uninteresting as the rest of the game.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Breathing underwater isn't even a perk, your nanosuit or whatever covers it pretty fast and before that point it's not even worth thinking about.

DayGloOreo
May 2, 2012

Fblthp had always hated crowds.

Vib Rib posted:

Breathing underwater isn't even a perk, your nanosuit or whatever covers it pretty fast and before that point it's not even worth thinking about.

Increased swim speed, then?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Vib Rib posted:

i'm looking foward to encountering monsters in underwater biomes where you can't fight back

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DayGloOreo posted:

Increased swim speed, then?

Or regenerate health in water?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

i'm looking foward to encountering monsters in underwater biomes where you can't fight back

You can fight underwater, though?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Magmarashi posted:

You can fight underwater, though?

Oh, they'll patch it out.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
This is the only application/game I have used that will bluescreen my computer. Of the three times I tried to play in the last year, it has done so every time within ten minutes.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah I like this.

To add: Florans get some hp or a short buff from kills?

Florans get: removed from the game

Vib Rib posted:

This is changing btw. There's backpacks now that give you immunity to certain biomes so you don't just become immune to everything as you advance through the game. Still a clunky way of handling it but whatever

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Starbound: The ever closer 1.0 release

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

I'd be fine with something like birds get innate glide / humans heal really fast / apex move faster in all situations / fish people breathe underwater / novakids glow / robots are immune to DoTs, or w/e

No one is allowed to have any advantages or else someone might unfairly succeed at Legos.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

novakid bonus: glow

fishpeople bonus: breathe underwater

bird bonus: slower/longer fall

glitch bonus: the Install Wizard whom freaking rules

apex bonus: the name is a pun. apex. ape x.

floran bonus: you get to be cute but a little twisted... hey... aren't we all :twisted:

human bonus: don't play humans

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Grapplejack posted:

I'd be fine with something like birds get innate glide / humans heal really fast / apex move faster in all situations / fish people breathe underwater / novakids glow / robots are immune to DoTs, or w/e

For as neat as some of the backstories were everything was just so loving bland. The biggest differences were cosmetic or flavor-text related. It's really sad how much potential has just been utterly wasted.

Whoever came up with the Glitch was pretty clever; the idea of a forgotten simulation going wrong and creating self-aware robots was sci-fi as hell but making them behave and perform exactly as well as other races was ridiculous. They're robots; why can you poison a robot?

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Starbound: Everything was just so loving bland

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
But really, if you read the latest update tiy is talking about a 1.0 like its something doable in the next few months. what are the chances they'll slap that 1.0 on the next few builds and just keep working on the clearly unfinished game?

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

nerdz posted:

But really, if you read the latest update tiy is talking about a 1.0 like its something doable in the next few months. what are the chances they'll slap that 1.0 on the next few builds and just keep working on the clearly unfinished game?

Tiy was doing the same thing months back. so 50% blowing smoke out his rear end 50% chance he actually does that

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Babe Magnet posted:

Oh, can't do that, or there'll be hundreds of tumblr-ites screaming about how their Floran otherkin is being discriminated against.

Actually, that's kind of a case FOR doing it.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oh, can't do that, or there'll be hundreds of tumblr-ites screaming about how their Floran otherkin is being discriminated against.

Actually, that's kind of a case FOR doing it.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Babe Magnet posted:

:(

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Babe Magnet posted:

We feel that the game's fun needs to be better balanced,so for now, we have removed all fun from the game and will put it back in a future update.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

remove the human race from this game so we can wash our hands of ever having created Starbound :hehe:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Tengames posted:

We feel that the game's fun needs to be better balanced,so for now, we have removed all fun from the game and will put it back in a future update.

We asked ourselves "what are games about?" We also asked "just what is fun?" We did some intense research and found that the most in-demand things right now are wearing hats while clicking on rocks and making numbers bigger.

So we replaced Starbound with a single rock that you can click on to make a number bigger. You could say that this is basically Cookie Clicker only there are no buildings and Cookie Clicker doesn't have hats. Cookie Clicker also has cookies not rocks. While doing that you can switch between three hats initially and an extra hat for every million rock clicks. For $2.50 you can get the Extra Hats DLC which allows you to wear two hats at the same time.

Our future plans include hats for your feet. You might say "but wouldn't that just be shoes?" No, silly! They're only shoes if they aren't shaped like hats!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

nerdz posted:

My poor sweet summer child

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Novakids: Glow passively.

Glitch: No need to breathe, no hot/cold temperature issues, night vision, extreme armor and health (because they're made of metal), super powered melee (because they're made of metal). Die instantly in rain or when touching water.

Hylotl: Start with a katana, the strongest sword known to man, made of Japanese steel folded over 10000 times.

Novakids: Access to guns early on.

Apex: Start with all tech, all weapons, all items, fully unlocked max-size ship.

Floran: Regenerate health in sunlight. That one's too OP, how about regenerate energy when buried for 10 minutes?

Novakids: Instantly incinerate any enemy within 25 feet (because they're like stars).

Avians: Fall slower.

Humans: Fall faster.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Rrussom posted:

Tiy was doing the same thing months back. so 50% blowing smoke out his rear end 50% chance he actually does that

He claims there's only two major updates left before 1.0, iirc. There were 3 until the last "combat" update.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

AnonSpore posted:

My poor sweet summer child

to be fair they've never stopped /doing/ things

which is the problem

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Vib Rib posted:

Floran: Regenerate health in sunlight. That one's too OP, how about regenerate energy when buried for 10 minutes?

patch notes: florans were immune to suffocating when buried for some reason??? fixed that

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Mokinokaro posted:

He claims there's only two major updates left before 1.0, iirc. There were 3 until the last "combat" update.

so about another year until 1.0 then, got it

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Winter Update happened January of last year right? Because if so, holy poo poo.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Still seems to be zero evidence they will ever get their heads out of their asses and finally add planet maps the way Terraria did a long time ago. A loving exploration game without maps is just a total dealbreaker (among the other terrible things chucklefucks have done).

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I'm an idiot because I'm probably going to purchase Stardew Valley, because I'm a sucker for one-man projects, and Witchmarsh, which admittedly, looks pretty loving awesome.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Fargin Icehole posted:

I'm an idiot because I'm probably going to purchase Stardew Valley, because I'm a sucker for one-man projects, and Witchmarsh, which admittedly, looks pretty loving awesome.

you'll be fine, publisher != developer. unfortunately for the devs, though, this means the starbound stank is on their project by association like you demonstrate here and some consumers will avoid it.

stankbound

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Fargin Icehole posted:

SV looks looks really good though??? idgi

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

The White Dragon posted:

you'll be fine, publisher != developer. unfortunately for the devs, though, this means the starbound stank is on their project by association like you demonstrate here and some consumers will avoid it.

stankbound

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

SV looks looks really good though??? idgi

What he said, Publisher !=Developer, and I sometimes have a rough time distinguishing the two thanks to publishers like EA and Ubisoft. I'm a big fan of one guy just toiling away at something he likes so that he/she shares it with others, and that it might become something that funds his basic needs and peace of mind, that's why I'll still buy Stardew when it comes out on the 26th.

Witchmarsh just looks really, really good to me, I like the aesthetic.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

its funny that chucklefish is doing basically nothing for stardew valley like they did with risk of rain and halfway but will get money off every sale anyway

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Most of the games Chucklefish are publishing actually look pretty okay, except that interstellaria has the worst UI and Lenna's Inception looks like one of those "baby's first game" deals that ship with software like RPGMaker to prove that anyone, even you, can make video games!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fargin Icehole posted:

Eventually, Iconoclasts will be completed.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
so consensus is this game is still bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!
Bad, and regularly finding new ways to be even more bad all the time. It's really quite inspiring.

• Locked thread