Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Please ignore his shitposting

Please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
Posting before the gas chamber.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
:shrug: I get that yall are upset, but I guess I dont 'get' the goon community. If none of yall want it fine. It's just economics, hon. And I don't see what I'm doing that is making me a smug condescending jerk other than I'm not playing along. Internet, serious business, etc.

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Feb 21, 2016

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

*shrug* I get that yall are upset, but I guess I dont 'get' the goon community. If none of yall want it fine. It's just economics, hon.

:laffo:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

*shrug* I get that yall are upset, but I guess I dont 'get' the goon community. If none of yall want it fine. It's just economics, hon.

If it was "just economics" to you, you'd have posted it on eBay and gotten $200+ for it long before offering it at a "discount" to the thread.

Seriously, I don't even think people would gripe too much if you asked for $100-$110 for the thing you paid $80 for. But you're asking for more than double.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Well, considering the only way that I know of to get it now are those dastardly scalpers, it is a discount.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
watermelon daiquiri sounds delicious but now, now i'm not so sure...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Well, considering the only way that I know of to get it now are those dastardly scalpers, it is a discount.

You are offering below the average scalper price, but you're still asking for scalper prices.

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.

:shrug: I get that yall are upset, but I guess I dont 'get' the goon community. If none of yall want it fine. It's just economics, hon. And I don't see what I'm doing that is making me a smug condescending jerk other than I'm not playing along. Internet, serious business, etc.

Looper posted:

psst it's your lofty tone

hon :shrug:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
What can I say, I need the money, though an internet slapfight is always fun

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

:homebrew:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I'm the guy who needed money but bought a special edition video game

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
They're not mutually exclusive

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It is totally logical and sensible to sell something rare or hard to find for a profit. Something being logical doesn't mean people aren't going to think you're a dick if you do it. If you don't care then it's probably not worth continuing to try to argue why you're sympathetic and people shouldn't think you're a dick on an internet forum.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

They're not mutually exclusive

Okay I'll spell it out, I was calling you dumb

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ImpAtom posted:

It is totally logical and sensible to sell something rare or hard to find for a profit. Something being logical doesn't mean people aren't going to think you're a dick if you do it. If you don't care then it's probably not worth continuing to try to argue why you're sympathetic and people shouldn't think you're a dick on an internet forum.

They are rare in large part because of people buying to resell.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
And like I said, My budget allowed for the game, but sticking an extra hundred bucks or so in the bank is always a nice thing to have. Jeez, you guys are so easily hurt.

^^^ And I think for stuff like this there should be a limit of one per person, or they should make more to flood the market. But still, people are paying the price.

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Feb 21, 2016

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
you're not actually reading anything people are saying are you

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Motto posted:

just flip that poo poo on ebay dude, nobody wants to haggle with you.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Please

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Greed is a sin and you will burn in hell for this

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Looper posted:

you're not actually reading anything people are saying are you

No. I am, in fact, illiterate.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

And like I said, My budget allowed for the game, but sticking an extra hundred bucks or so in the bank is always a nice thing to have. Jeez, you guys are so easily hurt.

Do you really think it's not a problem that hundreds if not thousands of people were unable to buy this because of scalpers?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
poo poo posting because I disagree? Thats silly.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I was able to get my SE order through Walmart (Thanks to the goon that posted the heads-up. THAT is goon comraderie.) but anyone who pays $200+ for this deserves to lose their money. I'm reasonably sure this is gonna get a reprint at some point, especially seeing as how the Japanese version of the SE was reprinted two or three times.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Do you really think it's not a problem that hundreds if not thousands of people were unable to buy this because of scalpers?

To be honest in the final scheme of things it's a fairly minor problem. The game is available digitally or in individual portions that you can purchase the other part digitally for a discount. And while having a totally physical version is an understandable desire you still can't because the final path is DLC, not included on the combined cart AFAIK. It still sucks that it's a thing but it just amounts to "you have to buy two routes digitally instead of one."

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Who says I dont? But the problem of scalping isn't something I run into on a day to day basis so it isn't exactly at the forefront of the stuff I care about :shrug:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Please

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Why didn't Piccolo learn kaioken?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Ometeotl posted:

Please ignore her shitposting

Please

And like I said before, its poo poo posting because I disagree with the Goon Consensus?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVVTZgwYwVo

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons; if you're after a cheap copy of Xenoblade Chronicles, Big W is trying to push their stock off the shelves for $30AUD. They're selling the Inazuma Eleven games for the same price too if anyone's after those.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

And like I said before, its poo poo posting because I disagree with the Goon Consensus?

It's shitposting because you're acting all high and mighty about the "economics" of scalping the goon community. Just go sell your game on eBay.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Yes, please people. This is a silly internet slapfight.

^^^ hahaahaha high and mighty, Seriously, watch the video

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

It's the ~hon thing. It's just annoying.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
Its just a part of my vocabulary. Why does it make you uncomfortable? :psyduck:

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
Pitchforks hea, git yer pitchforks hea

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ausgoons; if you're after a cheap copy of Xenoblade Chronicles, Big W is trying to push their stock off the shelves for $30AUD. They're selling the Inazuma Eleven games for the same price too if anyone's after those.

I will buy you a copy and ship it to you for the modest price of 150AUD if anyone is interested.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Its just a part of my vocabulary. Why does it make you uncomfortable? :psyduck:

No no like I get it. I know folks that do it irl. It's just that over a forum it can easily come off as rude.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Skeezy posted:

No no like I get it. I know folks that do it irl. It's just that over a forum it can easily come off as rude.

Well I didn't mean for it to be rude :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Why didn't Piccolo learn kaioken?

He was even on King Kai's planet for quite some time with Yamcha, Tien and Chaotzu, yet none of them learned the Kaioken technique? You can use it in Xenoverse with any non-Saiyan character so it really is odd.

I was disappointed with the new extreme Butoden game as it seems like every character is pretty much the same. All of them seem to have 2-3 combos for supers, with little depth. Maybe I'm just not 'getting it' but there should be some kind of trading in game or in a manual going over the system if there is more to it.