Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

starkebn posted:

That's near me. Dare I attend for once?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Laserface posted:

The punishment is making all vehicles hit a brick wall in terms of speed because some idiots drove beyond their ability and died. What about people who want to drive recreationally? What happens when you want to use a Motorsport facility or driver training? What about getting chased by a vehicle that has speed governance removed?

The specific case referenced would have been avoided entirely if the police weren't even there. Odds on the loving pig in the highway patrol vehicle saw a car full of Browns and decided to hook a U turn and give them a hard time. I saw the exact same thing happen last night in Newtown to a bunch of middle eastern guys on King st. They were doing nothing wrong and travelling in the opposite direction to the cops who ripped a skid at the lights to catch up and loving RBT the guy. There was at least 10 other cars travelling the same direction as the cops too. He was spoiled for choice to meet his quota. Zero reason to do what he did to pull that car over.

It's no wonder the driver shat himself and tried to run. Drunk or not, having a car chase you like that is intimidating as gently caress. My skinny white boy brother had the same thing happen to him on the night of the Cronulla riots - he was dropping a friend home (they had been working on a music project that day and when the evening revenge attacks began decided to delay leaving until it settled) and an unmarked cop car ran up behind him at high speed with its high beams on, my brother panicked and Floored it to escape what he thought was a car full of angry lebs coming to kill him, and only after he breached the speed limit by 30+ did they throw the sirens on and booked him for speeding. Something he had no intention of doing until they arrived. As a result he lost his license for 6 months, and his job by extension.

I just wanted to point out how loving dumb you cunts are to even suggest the idea that improving driver training wouldn't reduce road fatalities (or at least the one dopey oval office who suggested it was going to make everyone into a race car driver and therefore less safe). It took me one track day on a course that doesn't even hit 110kmh on the straight to teach me just how quickly poo poo can go wrong in a controlled environment, let alone the streets where you have dickheads all around you barely paying attention. 120hrs of city driving with mum/dad in the passenger seat boredly cruising Facebook until you arrive is insufficient education for operating a vehicle. most of you are probably old enough to have required less hours or probably none at all.

If you want to drive recreationally, you buy a special car that has to be kept at the recreational driving facility where you are a registered member. This isn't any different to firearms.

First of all, don't say "Browns" you piece of poo poo. Second of all, we're South-West Asians you can leave that Eurocentric "Middle Eastern" poo poo in the loving MSM you dickhead. Third, don't say lebs you fuckface.

In short, go to hell and die, you are a terrible person.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
I found a way to solve speeding and to not speed limit cars. Ban cars. You don't have to worry about an illegally modified car or cops going undercover as leb's to force you to speed if you don't have a car.

Another way to fix the problem would be killing all humans, a dead human isn't much good in a chase.

#vote1 #blocksawington

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
laserface that story is so dumb it belongs on iwc's podcast

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Laserface posted:

My skinny white boy brother had the same thing happen to him on the night of the Cronulla riots - he was dropping a friend home (they had been working on a music project that day and when the evening revenge attacks began decided to delay leaving until it settled) and an unmarked cop car ran up behind him at high speed with its high beams on, my brother panicked and Floored it to escape what he thought was a car full of angry lebs coming to kill him, and only after he breached the speed limit by 30+ did they throw the sirens on and booked him for speeding. Something he had no intention of doing until they arrived. As a result he lost his license for 6 months, and his job by extension.

Haha

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Cracked did a photoshop thing about superhero movies. Someone made one about Julie Bishop.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpkN3FeSNq0

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

what about it?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

If you want to drive recreationally, you buy a special car that has to be kept at the recreational driving facility where you are a registered member. This isn't any different to firearms.

First of all, don't say "Browns" you piece of poo poo. Second of all, we're South-West Asians you can leave that Eurocentric "Middle Eastern" poo poo in the loving MSM you dickhead. Third, don't say lebs you fuckface.

In short, go to hell and die, you are a terrible person.

He's pushing your buttons and you're letting him

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
In about 25 years you won't be allowed to drive your car because the computer inside will be much safer than humans.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

catallaxyfiles posted:

Treasurer will gain power to force foreign companies to sell Australian assets if they avoid paying tax

Treasurer Scott Morrison will gain the power to force foreign companies to sell their Australian assets if they are found to be avoiding tax.

The new requirements, set to be introduced today, will force multinational companies to disclose more details to the Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB).

In a statement, Mr Morrison said he would take action if companies failed to pay their fair share of tax.

"Where companies fail to do so I will have powers to take action, including ordering divestment of Australian assets," he said.

Mr Morrison said companies breaching conditions could also face prosecution and fines.

He said the changes added to the already strengthened framework the Government has in place.

The changes include:
Greater compliance powers for the Australian Taxation Office
A new agricultural land foreign ownership register and reduction of the screening threshold for proposed foreign purchases of agricultural land by private investors to $15 million
FIRB screening of direct interests in agribusinesses valued at $55 million or more
The appointment of former ASIO Director General David Irvine to the FIRB
Forced divestment of 27 properties, worth more than $76 million, illegally acquired by foreign nationals

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

Laserface posted:

The punishment is making all vehicles hit a brick wall in terms of speed because some idiots drove beyond their ability and died. What about people who want to drive recreationally? What happens when you want to use a Motorsport facility or driver training? What about getting chased by a vehicle that has speed governance removed?

The specific case referenced would have been avoided entirely if the police weren't even there. Odds on the loving pig in the highway patrol vehicle saw a car full of Browns and decided to hook a U turn and give them a hard time. I saw the exact same thing happen last night in Newtown to a bunch of middle eastern guys on King st. They were doing nothing wrong and travelling in the opposite direction to the cops who ripped a skid at the lights to catch up and loving RBT the guy. There was at least 10 other cars travelling the same direction as the cops too. He was spoiled for choice to meet his quota. Zero reason to do what he did to pull that car over.

It's no wonder the driver shat himself and tried to run. Drunk or not, having a car chase you like that is intimidating as gently caress. My skinny white boy brother had the same thing happen to him on the night of the Cronulla riots - he was dropping a friend home (they had been working on a music project that day and when the evening revenge attacks began decided to delay leaving until it settled) and an unmarked cop car ran up behind him at high speed with its high beams on, my brother panicked and Floored it to escape what he thought was a car full of angry lebs coming to kill him, and only after he breached the speed limit by 30+ did they throw the sirens on and booked him for speeding. Something he had no intention of doing until they arrived. As a result he lost his license for 6 months, and his job by extension.

I just wanted to point out how loving dumb you cunts are to even suggest the idea that improving driver training wouldn't reduce road fatalities (or at least the one dopey oval office who suggested it was going to make everyone into a race car driver and therefore less safe). It took me one track day on a course that doesn't even hit 110kmh on the straight to teach me just how quickly poo poo can go wrong in a controlled environment, let alone the streets where you have dickheads all around you barely paying attention. 120hrs of city driving with mum/dad in the passenger seat boredly cruising Facebook until you arrive is insufficient education for operating a vehicle. most of you are probably old enough to have required less hours or probably none at all.

Att nerds who try to talk like Australians, this is how it's done. You don't just throw some phrases you heard on a youtube video into a jumble and hold your nose, you gotta understand why you are placing which word where e.g. dopey does not mean anything until you place oval office after. Same with with "loving dumb".

Is "hook a u turn" a Sydney thing? I thought it was pronounced "fang a u bolt"

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

asio posted:

Att nerds who try to talk like Australians, this is how it's done. You don't just throw some phrases you heard on a youtube video into a jumble and hold your nose, you gotta understand why you are placing which word where e.g. dopey does not mean anything until you place oval office after. Same with with "loving dumb".

Is "hook a u turn" a Sydney thing? I thought it was pronounced "fang a u bolt"

Ya chuck a uey in Sydney mate

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I always thought it was "u-bomb" :shrug:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Birb Katter posted:

The right here is the truth

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

Zenithe posted:

I always thought it was "u-bomb" :shrug:

You got pull a fat skid to successfully perform the u-bomb

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Birb Katter posted:

too fucken roight degree of difficulty points for chuckin ueys with potato scallop in hand

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I can't wait to manual overide my Google Car so I can do a three point turn on the most inconvenient of locations. Blocking traffic for a solid 5 minutes that feels like 10 minutes because your car radio makes time feel faster.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

I could get behind that idea, although in practice it will probably be 'pay tax or donate to the LNP'.

I guess the worst offenders probably don't have much by way of salable assets in the country anyway i.e. google.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Please Mr. Government, regulate my life. I can't handle all this freedom.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
It's genuinely disheartening to see how very authoritarian posters here are when it comes to certain topics they don't approve of. Do yous not see how the govt limiting certain things which have never been done so before could set a dangerous precedent and encourages further removal of freedoms which yous obviously take for granted.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
gently caress freedom and gently caress you

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

thatfatkid posted:

It's genuinely disheartening to see how very authoritarian posters here are when it comes to certain topics they don't approve of. Do yous not see how the govt limiting certain things which have never been done so before could set a dangerous precedent and encourages further removal of freedoms which yous obviously take for granted.

No you see I don't have a car and cannot understand why someone should want one or even enjoy using one so therefore ban all cars. I also think education is fantastic but not when it's training you how to operate a car better than our current lovely standard of education because cars are evil. I also totally ignore the parallels between speed governing every single car and the Sydney lockout laws. And what do you mean you heard me yesterday lamenting the erosion of our freedom and privacy in the name of safety what how is that even related.

I ride a bicycle and what makes me mad is my helmet messing up my fringe on my way to work in the morning.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Called it. asha to be taken from community care to Nauru. The old bait and switch.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
hahahahahhahahaa didn't even take a day for Dutton to vow to keep torturing the baby.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Solemn Sloth posted:

hahahahahhahahaa didn't even take a day for Dutton to vow to keep torturing the baby.

It literally was a ploy to get her away from doctors. We've reached a new low.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I still don't understand why the ALP adopted the offshore policy at the National conference when they would have the higher ground here if they didnt. Literally Opposition Leader 101 is to oppose and bring attention to inhumane or questionable government actions.

Yet Bill Shorten chose to bind his party to agree. Now the conversation is changing from "Boat People!" to "Wait, we lock up babies?" and both the majors are in lockstep in what would be considered in any other country a major gently caress up.

Peter Dutton is the worst. I hate him even more than Campbell Newman.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Why are we so poo poo? We won't even let New Zealand take our asylum seekers, because the possibility that once they become New Zealand citizens they might come back here. What the gently caress? How can anyone be that loving scared of asylum seekers? :smith:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Anidav posted:

To be fair if a piece of wood comes out swinging against rich fuckers raising housing prices then Joe Blue Collar is probably going to vote for that Wood.
The election victory that becomes known as the 'Drovers Log'

The LNP's poll showing is exactly what you expect when you change leaders but not policies and continue to do dumb policy on the run poo poo. GST Yes!!!! Oh Wait NOOOO!!!!!!!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-22/patients-paying-too-much-for-pathology-tests-and-scans-report/7187884

quote:

Pathology tests and scans costing taxpayers too much, Grattan Institute report finds By medical reporter Sophie Scott Posted about 4 hours ago

Australian taxpayers are forking out too much for blood tests and scans under an inefficient and outdated system, a new report has found.

Key points:

Government "should share in those economies of scale" of service providers, Grattan Institute finds
Recent pathology changes could save the Government $650m
Group representing private pathologists said data in report "incomplete and incorrect"
The Grattan Institute's health program director Stephen Duckett released an analysis of the way the Federal Government paid for pathology tests.

"The fee for service model doesn't work as 75 per cent of government reimbursement is paid to two big companies listed in the Australian stock exchange," Dr Duckett said. At the moment, the Government pays a fixed price per test or scan. "But the costs go down the more tests that a company performs and the Government should be able to share in those economies of scale," Dr Duckett said. Pathology has been in the spotlight after changes announced in the Mid-Year Economic Financial Update to remove bulk-billing incentives for items such as blood tests, X-rays and MRIs.
Oh so the problem isn't over servicing and a co-payment isn't going to fix it? Say it isn't so!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Why are we so poo poo? We won't even let New Zealand take our asylum seekers, because the possibility that once they become New Zealand citizens they might come back here. What the gently caress? How can anyone be that loving scared of asylum seekers? :smith:

There's something hella arrogant assuming that once people get NZ citizenship they just want to come to Australia.

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?

Cartoon posted:

The election victory that becomes known as the 'Drovers Log'

The LNP's poll showing is exactly what you expect when you change leaders but not policies and continue to do dumb policy on the run poo poo. GST Yes!!!! Oh Wait NOOOO!!!!!!!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-22/patients-paying-too-much-for-pathology-tests-and-scans-report/7187884
Oh so the problem isn't over servicing and a co-payment isn't going to fix it? Say it isn't so!

There's also some obscure statistic in there about how we've gone from ~4 to ~5.4 pathology tests per person, but acknowledges that it's mostly due to the ageing population - making the mean a useless statistic. Also might signal a shift from "kill the poor" to "kill the elderly". Anyway, it reeks of the stupid stats trotted out during the copayment debacle about how many times on average people see the GP.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I thought the issue with asylum seekers going to NZ was that it was a nice enough place that once news got out that a boat to Australia got you sent to NZ the boats would start again.

Anidav posted:

I still don't understand why the ALP adopted the offshore policy at the National conference when they would have the higher ground here if they didnt. Literally Opposition Leader 101 is to oppose and bring attention to inhumane or questionable government actions.

Yet Bill Shorten chose to bind his party to agree. Now the conversation is changing from "Boat People!" to "Wait, we lock up babies?" and both the majors are in lockstep in what would be considered in any other country a major gently caress up.

The ALP is the workers' party and workers are typically dumb tradie bogans who want the boats stopped.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

gay picnic defence posted:

I thought the issue with asylum seekers going to NZ was that it was a nice enough place that once news got out that a boat to Australia got you sent to NZ the boats would start again.

Well Dutton thinks it's a "backdoor into Australia."

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/peter-dutton-vows-baby-asha-will-be-returned-to-nauru-20160221-gmzuwo.html

e: jfc, wouldn't dropping the check for visas before people got on planes be cheaper, easier and more moral than supporting privatised concentration camps, while still undermining people smuggling?

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 22, 2016

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
I thought the visa check was because the airlines are on the hook for the return flight if people get denied entry and don't want to waste money on it.

Then again, when I came through HongKong last month there was a border farce lady checking visas and passports at the gate. And more border farce taking bottles of water off people on the air ridge.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Senate reform stuff getting announced.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Well Dutton thinks it's a "backdoor into Australia."

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/peter-dutton-vows-baby-asha-will-be-returned-to-nauru-20160221-gmzuwo.html

e: jfc, wouldn't dropping the check for visas before people got on planes be cheaper, easier and more moral than supporting privatised concentration camps, while still undermining people smuggling?

What would be even cheaper and easier is allowing people to apply for asylum from Indonesia and Malaysia but I'm pretty sure we don't allow that. But the camps aren't just about cost, it's political theater to show Australians that the government cares about getting tough on reffos. Dutton is probably overjoyed at the outrage in some circles at the treatment of this poor baby and all the others because for every person upset about it he's guaranteed several will be cheering him on.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I guess this will be the last time anyone voluntarily turns someone under their protection to Dutton though, the next hospital standoff or whatever might last quite some time.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

oh what the gently caress

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

gay picnic defence posted:

I guess this will be the last time anyone voluntarily turns someone under their protection to Dutton though, the next hospital standoff or whatever might last quite some time a refugee is sent to Australia for medical treatment.

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The Above-the-Line changes seem poorly explained and clunky, and the BtL ones don't go far enough.

No GVTs is fantastic, logos are a reasonable idea, and the anti Lion Hat stuff is sensible.

• Locked thread