Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

paradoxGentleman posted:

"We need to bring back military service and save humanity".

Gotta love these priorities.

Actually, people with shoes that bad should be forced to go to war without body armour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I hear "oh my-lanta" a lot, and the urge to punch the person in the face is astounding.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

malal posted:

I read a long time ago that tesla also had a massive phobia of hair, and died a virgin because of it.

It also took him a really like time to eat, each bite had to be similar in volume or weight.

Protogoon checks out.

Didn't he also gently caress pigeons/want to gently caress pigeons?

FAROOQ posted:

Actually, people with shoes that bad should be forced to go to war without body armour.

Those shoes are beautiful and I will fight you

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Those shoes are beautiful and I will fight you

I was going to post the same thing, the shoes are pretty dang great, but then I saw it's FAROOQ, so, don't bother.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Tetracube posted:

iirc Wiccan rituals involve getting naked and having someone whip the poo poo out of you until you suffer blood loss

I doubt most of them are that hardcore though

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/moral-orel/love-acquisition-orgy/

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Scarf posted:

Agreed. I just hate the whole "oh you young people don't know anything" -> gets informed -> "oh well this is America I can believe whatever I want, god bless" poo poo.

Trump is like a human rorschach test, Republicans just project whatever they want on to him, regardless of what he actually says or does.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

malal posted:

I read a long time ago that tesla also had a massive phobia of hair, and died a virgin because of it.

It also took him a really like time to eat, each bite had to be similar in volume or weight.

Protogoon checks out.

He also wrote a hilarious rant about how women shouldn't work because men only invented things because they wanted to impress women, so if women were equal to men then men would stop wanting to gently caress. It really is no surprise internet spergnerds love him.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Nuebot posted:

He also wrote a hilarious rant about how women shouldn't work because men only invented things because they wanted to impress women, so if women were equal to men then men would stop wanting to gently caress. It really is no surprise internet spergnerds love him.

Thought THAT was Freud? :shrug:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Not sure if this classifies as poo poo That Didn't Happen, but i'll post this here first since i saw it on Facebook

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Didn't he also gently caress pigeons/want to gently caress pigeons?

He didn't gently caress pigeons but he had a particular pigeon he said he'd have liked to, if memory serves. Dude was friendly with pigeons and thought one in particular was his best friend and tried communicating with him.

I don't think Tesla was crazy, exactly. He existed in society and functioned pretty well; he did have a job and friends, after all. He was, however, a huge loving weirdo.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ToxicSlurpee posted:

He didn't gently caress pigeons but he had a particular pigeon he said he'd have liked to, if memory serves. Dude was friendly with pigeons and thought one in particular was his best friend and tried communicating with him.

I don't think Tesla was crazy, exactly. He existed in society and functioned pretty well; he did have a job and friends, after all. He was, however, a huge loving weirdo.

What is up with pigeons and people that love them? Aren't they like the dumbest birds in the world next to owls? Are they capable of showing affection?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Aesop Poprock posted:

What is up with pigeons and people that love them? Aren't they like the dumbest birds in the world next to owls? Are they capable of showing affection?

People can like dumb creatures. And yes, they can show affection! The person who does Manly Guys Doing Manly Things has fancy pigeons and they are pretty adorable.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Midnight Voyager posted:

People can like dumb creatures. And yes, they can show affection! The person who does Manly Guys Doing Manly Things has fancy pigeons and they are pretty adorable.

I was hoping that was the answer. I would like to see some adorable pigeon cuddling

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

RagnarokAngel posted:

I admit to not being informed about that whole area of belief systems but isnt Wicca and revivals of ancient pagan religions (e.g. worshipping Greek or Norse gods in a modern context) different things?
The views actual pagans hold towards neopagans range mostly from restrained acceptance to vivid contempt. Especially the special snowflake syncretic ones that whos religious primers seem to have been Marvel comics or an RPG.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Aesop Poprock posted:

:v: I don't show affection, and people still like me!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Aesop Poprock posted:

Worked in a pigeon lab. They are certainly dumb at times, but they can be ridiculously smart. As in you can teach them to play games, to identify different times of music and painting styles, to guide missiles as well as (or better) than a computer, and to generate patterns up to 50 pieces long that vary from the previous 50 patterns they made.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dienes posted:

Worked in a pigeon lab. They are certainly dumb at times, but they can be ridiculously smart. As in you can teach them to play games, to identify different times of music and painting styles, to guide missiles as well as (or better) than a computer, and to generate patterns up to 50 pieces long that vary from the previous 50 patterns they made.

Wow took a sudden turn for the terrifying there. Do you work for a pigeon themed batman villain?

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Aesop Poprock posted:

Wow took a sudden turn for the terrifying there. Do you work for a pigeon themed batman villain?

World War 2 was weird.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Poor Tesla. If he'd been born a hundred years later we could have hooked a brother up.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Zipperelli. posted:

I hear "oh my-lanta" a lot, and the urge to punch the person in the face is astounding.

DJ on Full House said this a lot.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
One of my friends says it alot but I thought he just made it up. Looks like he's getting a mark against him in the ol friend journal

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Not sure if this classifies as poo poo That Didn't Happen, but i'll post this here first since i saw it on Facebook

I can definitely see this happening, my mom says similarly weird/funny poo poo over text and it's much easier to play along than not.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I can definitely see this happening, my mom says similarly weird/funny poo poo over text and it's much easier to play along than not.

She's pretty down to earth and blunt in the texts she send me, though.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Hell I'm not a Christian but I say "Goddamn it" and "loving Christ" and "holy God" quite a bit. I'm glad I've never come across someone that uses baby words or "oh my gods" or something.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

This one's making the rounds on my page as "lol I could totally see you talking to your kids like this."

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Travis343 posted:

DJ on Full House said this a lot.

Stephanie.

e, nm, it was DJ.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Having never heard of this supposed "feminist" issue before, I tried googling it, and, after sorting out all the Mens Rights bullcrap, learned that the real story is that one woman in the UK who's an anthropologist working with ethics related to robots is calling for a ban.

And now I'm just wondering why this came up as a thing for MRAs originally. Apparently they are just more on the lookout for up-and-coming feminist trends than feminists are! Or someone is constantly on the lookout for sexbot news.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Decrepus posted:

I read the Vampire the Masquerade rulebook ama.

There is a suicide help line if you need it man.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Poor Tesla. If he'd been born a hundred years later we could have hooked a brother up.

I enjoyed this game.

Everything was birds and I couldn't stop laughing because everything as birds. And that bad guy's themesong was Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy and that was great.

Then it stopped being funny as I played it 5 more times to get the secret ending; even naming myself Dickbag McGee became dull.

Then it was loving horrifying.

Gridlocked has a new favorite as of 15:56 on Feb 22, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Puppy Time posted:

And now I'm just wondering why this came up as a thing for MRAs originally.

They literally believe that sex robots will take power from women, and "redomesticate" them.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Aesop Poprock posted:

Uh dude there's a pigeon who saved a batallion of dudes in WW1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cher_Ami

no offense but I'm willing to be you have never done anything half as awesome, useful, or life-changing as that pigeon.They even made her a tiny peg-leg in thanks.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
The only useful pigeon is the one voiced by norm macdonald.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
So a story recently came out that Hitler had a micropenis. I saw this on Twitter, retweeted from Drudge Report, so obviously some comments were gold. I was fond of these two (and yes, their accounts are full of these types of tweets).

https://twitter.com/samulousremus/status/701767170066247680

https://twitter.com/sixgorillion/status/701768563472859137

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

MRAs are more than welcome to have their sexbots, whatever keeps them hiding in their basements for even more hours in the day.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Picnic Princess posted:

MRAs are more than welcome to have their sexbots, whatever keeps them hiding in their basements for even more hours in the day.

You'll be sorry when your Female Powers shrink.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Picnic Princess posted:

Don't date ROBOTS

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

mng posted:

You'll be sorry when your Female Powers shrink.

I'm too old for the sexual market anyway.

Now if you excuse me, I have 7 more cats to adopt.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Are they actually saying rape is about sex?

If only Bill Cosby had a Sexuatron 3000...

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Krispy Kareem posted:

Are they actually saying rape is about sex?

If only Bill Cosby had a Sexuatron 3000...

"If guys get turned down too often, they'll become uncontrollably horny and rape someone!" -a rapist or potential rapist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

There is so much more.