Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

henne posted:

I thought it was XC honestly
XC is ShittyPostmakerPro IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
:ughh:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The coop hard mode + pistol challenge mission is cray-z

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Do goons ever group up for matchmaking? It'd be nice to play with non-asshats, for once.

I'd be down for this. I was slowly scrapping my way out of silver fright before the reset. Now I'm back to silver 2 cause I have like 30 comp wins. Because solo queuing is bullshit.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

symbolic posted:

XC is ShittyPostmakerPro IIRC.

That's XP.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Crain posted:

That's XP.
Close enough.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Actually they are based on both your viewing history and the title, but mostly the title. Go look up a video on turning wooden handrails on a lathe or giraffes giving birth or some poo poo and screenshot the related videos.

IT WAS A loving JOKE FROM THE SUB.IO THREAD

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

henne posted:

I thought it was XC honestly

ive said it before, a few times. im turk.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Tempo Storm vs c9 is a real good one right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/greatfrag

BABAM

Photex fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 22, 2016

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

c9 getting rolled by TS on dust2 right now. just outplayed and out aimed.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
No big surprise there. I've said it before, but at this rate NA shouldn't qualify for any majors. They all end up going out in the first round of groups, so what's the point? We just don't have the talent pool to support any serious bids.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Liquid will be good if they can figure out their IGL situation. Hiko apparently hates doing it. Make elige do it, he used to be an SC2 player. Or kick him and get Pronax.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

A TURGID FATSO posted:

No big surprise there. I've said it before, but at this rate NA shouldn't qualify for any majors. They all end up going out in the first round of groups, so what's the point? We just don't have the talent pool to support any serious bids.

NA has the talent pool, it's just spread out too thin between too many teams. It's not like NA pros don't know how to aim or are incapable of making smart plays.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

MrSmokes posted:

NA has the talent pool, it's just spread out too thin between too many teams no team cares enough to get good

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
https://www.livecap.tv/t/sapphire/uyZ4UuE3HSq

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

holy poo poo rofl

angles :vince:

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 22, 2016

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
RIP C9 :911:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

lol they can't even qualify for LANs anymore.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Losing seang@res was a death knell. I fully expect to not see this line-up by June.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Pretty amazing that FalleN can just bring his farm team to NA and they're instantly better than the NA teams (save maybe for Liquid).

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Smol posted:

Pretty amazing that FalleN can just bring his farm team to NA and they're instantly better than the NA teams (save maybe for Liquid).
NA teams rely on individual performance, foreign teams rely on teamwork.

And it's really, really showing as of late.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Garfu posted:

IT WAS A loving JOKE FROM THE SUB.IO THREAD

I know lol.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Smol posted:

I saw the rare Good Post on reddit a few days ago that kind of addressed this. Dude's really, really low tier clan played LG. Most teams would have just pugged and hosed around but LG ran strats, didn't chase kills and generally played like they would any top tier team. It makes sense that LG generally always performs well on LAN because they actually practice for it. They have a ton of in-game experience in legitimate competitive play.

I think a lot of the failures in NA have to do with what you see in FPL. People just messing around, rarely concerned with strats other than default > pick > push and doing stupid poo poo like chasing kills and not really showing any restraint when they have the advantage. It's pretty clear that C9 is completely lost and they don't really have any cohesion, and I'd wager that they rarely play together like they would in a LAN environment.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

c9 is so dogshit without sean, freakazoid consistently has a 1.20 team rating. Lmao.

I blame your cheerleading for -sean for this mcvey

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

wow I went to bed after c9 lost to TS, i thought they would at least take it to 3 maps against CLG but nope.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I'm guessing team restructuring after c9 fails to qualify for the major as well

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
im the uk player who mouths off all game in mm, come at me m8s

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Build a wall around the Uk to keep the slime from pouring out

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Depths posted:

Build a wall around the Uk to keep the slime from pouring out

ill av a bit of ya, u scandi ponce

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Jeza posted:

im the uk player who mouths off all game in mm, come at me m8s

im the aimbotting telepathic norwegian

had the first 16-0 win on nu-nuke yesterday and I think I like the map quite a bit. still seems pretty ct-sided if you have it together on the defense but I think it's way more favourable to T's than it used to be. unlike old-nuke, having just one guy holding outside seems like a losing proposition, so if the T's get a lucky entry on a solo ramp or a-site they suddenly have a ton of map control

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Feb 22, 2016

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
If you rush fast vent as T with one guy watching mini, you are guaranteed a plant every time as there is no longer proper vision from heaven.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

nice lads good half lets close this one out before my cuppa tea gets cold awright

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

If you rush fast vent as T with one guy watching mini, you are guaranteed a plant every time as there is no longer proper vision from heaven.

Ya, it seems like a good way to get an almost guaranteed plant, but if the ct's are prepared or just fast, they'll have one or two ramp guys ready to meet you by the time you get down there. Had a couple of situations in a game where the bomb wasn't tossed to the front and the ct's managed to get close enough to shoot me behind marshmellow before I could finish the plant

could maybe do some fun split b's by first sending people down vents to force that rotate and then pushing ramp to get behind the b-players

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Move the T spawn back to where it was

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

A molly stops it easily

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

A molly stops it easily

A smoke stops that

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

qhat posted:

A smoke stops that

In my experience 90% of players can't get into vents from squeaky in the smoke, including myself

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I personally recommend holding down the W button until you are in vents

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Anyway if you can get to mini fast enough and the Ts are rushing vents then chances are their heads will all be nicely lined up and you can potentially get a free double or even triple kill with a good spray down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

Famethrowa posted:

If you are in the Nova range, add me http://steamcommunity.com/id/famethrowa

I added you too.

I was gn3 before the derank fest, after my first loss it brought me down to gn2. Now my rank has gone inactive for the last month and a half since I've only been playing community comp. When I do finally play MM again it will probably put me at silver 2 or some poo poo.