Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

blowfish posted:

I died to a Benson in a gun duel. In a half HP Atago. Gun DDs are now pretty good baby cruisers.
Yeah, especially when they have smoke to sit inside and torps to deny you getting close.

It was so frustrating playing Des Moines against Udaloi because that little poo poo was invisible inside smoke, or would dodge all my shells. Not to mention doing more damage per shell than DM. But then DM is poo poo outside 5 km.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Why ? :cry:

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

my dad posted:

How come that the people with the most cowardly playstyles always choose battleships? I got sunk as a carrier because the 3 battleships protecting me ran away from 3 cruisers.

WTF why you complaining? Do you know how expensive it is to fix a battleships paint job? Getting your paint chipped is a big deal you know. The anime girl ships might laugh at you when they see you coming into port.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

drat pubbies!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

TheDemon posted:

CVs are fun, get the Hosho at the very least. Also try IJN destroyers for torp/stealth play. US or Japanese cruisers are fairly good and forgiving, and the US line is fantastic all the way to tier 6 so it's a good newbie experience. I really like battleships myself but they have a fairly difficult entry.

The problem with getting the Hosho is that you have to get through the Tenryu and the Myogi. Hosho's pretty fun though.
:shittypop:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

An actual Royal Navy Officer ca 1850 posted:

WTF why you complaining? Do you know how expensive it is to fix a battleships paint job? Getting your paint chipped is a big deal you know. The anime girl ships might laugh at you when they see you coming into port.

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

You should observe the match after you die. Just today i caught two players not correcting their aim, but they kept firing anyway in the hopes the guy showing his broadside to them would automagically be faster and grab all their shots. One of these players was in a tier 8 match :v:

edit: i am dumb.

Fizzil fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 21, 2016

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Fizzil posted:

You should observe the match after you die. Just today i caught two players not correcting their aim, but they kept firing anyway in the hopes the guy showing his broadside to them would automagically be faster and grab all their shots. One of these players was in a tier 8 match :v:

he wasn't killed though.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
So, last game, I kept trying to hit some DD with my BB and the dude dodged every single shot I fired (even though I was firing single shots instead of salvos and trying to correct my aim). I was already damaged, and after getting hit by a few torps, started getting desperate - when he suddenly popped smoke and disappeared. I fired off a last ditch blind salvo at the smoke cloud and instakilled him before he managed to line up for the torpedo run that would have finished me off. :stare:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
So I haven't played this game since about a month and a half or so after it came out and wiped. Any notable changes I should be aware about? Is the best plane loadout for every second US CV still the default one and did they make air superiority loadouts actually worth it or are they still stupid to use?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Air Superiority loadouts are more worthwhile, but mostly because there's guaranteed to be an enemy carrier when you have one.

And also the IJN carriers who have full torp bomber squadrons with their air superiority loadouts.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

They also buffed the XP for shooting down planes I think, and made dive bombers just useful enough.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

They really need to tighten the spread on DBs by about 5-10%, it would give you a close enough spread to get contact on a target as long as you're lined up on them properly and they're moving straight. As it is I've had several (almost all) runs where I've completely whiffed the bomber run and gotten 0 hits even though I lined it up perfectly.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

They really need to tighten the spread on DBs by about 5-10%, it would give you a close enough spread to get contact on a target as long as you're lined up on them properly and they're moving straight. As it is I've had several (almost all) runs where I've completely whiffed the bomber run and gotten 0 hits even though I lined it up perfectly.
Back when I played I had multiple instances where I've had a perfect manual DB drop where the circle was actually smaller than the BB I was dropping on yet all six bombers managed to perfectly bracket the target and not hit a single bomb.

E: They've given up on the idea of adding AP bombs to DBs haven't they

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 21, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Insert name here posted:

Back when I played I had multiple instances where I've had a perfect manual DB drop where the circle was actually smaller than the BB I was dropping on yet all six bombers managed to perfectly bracket the target and not hit a single bomb.

E: They've given up on the idea of adding AP bombs to DBs haven't they

Once had a game in my Zuiho where I got off 7 dive bomb attacks - 3 auto drops along the lengths of battleships, 3 perfect manual drops on a battleship, cruiser, and a stationary grounded destroyer, and the only bomb hit I got was on the 7th, an autodrop at 90 degrees on a destroyer doing 35 knots.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Aesis posted:

drat pubbies!

Just played 9 games, 8 of them losses, where I was #1 on the team in 7 of those. I'm done with botes for tonight. :suicide:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Am I the only one that feels like sit awareness is perhaps a must have on every captain at this point? I mean, even on a bb, it is a great way to basically spot enemy dd. because more than likely, if you have been spotted and there is nothing in front of you, it is probably a dd who is about to drop torps on you if you don't make a course correction.

Also, I just went a game in my ark beta and came out with 3k+ health left against 3 enemy bbs. And I started the fight at half health already. The pubbies are bad in this game. Also, the ark beta is amazingly well armored. A friendly dd did help out crossing in front of me and dropping torps on the way through which added to the fire and chaos.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

Nope, it's pretty much not a choice anymore in any ship. That kind of info is way more valuable than pretty much anything else, certainly at that tier.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

You paid to change your name?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

jownzy posted:

You paid to change your name?

What do you mean ? Panzerblitz is my old World of Tanks handle.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Feb 22, 2016

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Hammerstein posted:

What do you mean ? Panzerblitz is my old World of Tanks handle.

I thought I had you on my friends list in this game as hammerstien... wrong guy I guess. You acted like you knew me.

Also, wish we had more than 2 people online for team battles... do better goons.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

jownzy posted:

I thought I had you on my friends list in this game as hammerstien... wrong guy I guess. You acted like you knew me.

Also, wish we had more than 2 people online for team battles... do better goons.

What tiers are needed for team battles. I've got a bunch of stuff in 4-6 that I could drag out a few evenings a week. I'll probably have a Yorck in a few days.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

JuffoWup posted:

Am I the only one that feels like sit awareness is perhaps a must have on every captain at this point? I mean, even on a bb, it is a great way to basically spot enemy dd. because more than likely, if you have been spotted and there is nothing in front of you, it is probably a dd who is about to drop torps on you if you don't make a course correction.

Maybe with high tier sniper meta. Mid tier in battleships and some cruisers I just assume that I'm always spotted.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Thanks for the advice in the thread earlier. I'm gonna try US Cruisers, IJN Destroyers and IJN Carriers. Battleships don't particularly interest me for some reason.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Tsurupettan posted:

Thanks for the advice in the thread earlier. I'm gonna try US Cruisers, IJN Destroyers and IJN Carriers. Battleships don't particularly interest me for some reason.
I recommend just going IJN cruisers if you're aiming for Tier 10. Seriously, US cruisers are trash past Tier 6~7.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Aesis posted:

I recommend just going IJN cruisers if you're aiming for Tier 10. Seriously, US cruisers are trash past Tier 6~7.

Yeah but up to tier 6 US cruisers are touched by Shiva

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
IJN everything.
Maybe US CV or DD if you get bored of the Japanese flag.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Fifty loving bucks for the Lo Yang. Sure, it might be a premium Benson, but I just bought a goddamned car. -_-

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
I switched crosshairs, but think I want to try the scalable. Someone tell what their settings are and what range/speed they have it sighted to.

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Fifty loving bucks for the Lo Yang. Sure, it might be a premium Benson, but I just bought a goddamned car. -_-

Shouldn't there be a benson without all the extra stuff they include in the $50 deal?

I bought the anshan for another gnevny, i just feel horrible that i missed out on the gremyashchy but oh well.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Fizzil posted:

Shouldn't there be a benson without all the extra stuff they include in the $50 deal?

I bought the anshan for another gnevny, i just feel horrible that i missed out on the gremyashchy but oh well.

Fifty bucks *is* the cheapest option. The one with extras is closer to $65.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

I'll take my Benson with concealment expert over this ship... that I won't be able to use to train any crew.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

jownzy posted:

I'll take my Benson with concealment expert over this ship... that I won't be able to use to train any crew.

Yeah, something tells me the Pan-Asian ships are going to be like the Type 59 situation at first: "We'll get around to hashing out that tree...eventually. Or we might just leave it a dedicated re-skin/re-hash dumping ground for US/Soviet ships."

The 'rumored' T8 Premium US BB will likely be far more useful and fun than this (and probably more expensive), especially if you already own a Blitzy or Grem.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 23, 2016

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
any tips for someone just starting? I played a bit of World of Tanks and got to like tier 4-5 before i kinda forgot about it.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Is the Gremyashchy ever going to be sold in the store?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

verbal enema posted:

any tips for someone just starting? I played a bit of World of Tanks and got to like tier 4-5 before i kinda forgot about it.

Click in front of red ships, don't turn your side to big guns.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Minenfeld! posted:

Is the Gremyashchy ever going to be sold in the store?

IIRC it will be eligible to come back after a year from the start of open beta or something.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

xthetenth posted:

Click in front of red ships, don't turn your side to big guns.

game seems harder than i thought...

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

NEWS TEAM ASSEMBLE... we've got 5 in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

jownzy posted:

NEWS TEAM ASSEMBLE... we've got 5 in game.

Too bad about the whole "opponents" thing.