Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Here are the basics of the 40k rules for the Deathwatch models:

Lady Atia posted:

Via Lady Atia for us. Huge thank you!
HQ:
Cassius
Librarian

ELITE:
Salamanders Terminator
BA Assault Marine
RG Assault Marine

TROOPS:
Kill Team (5 dudes)

FAST ATTACK:
WS Biker

There is also the formation which has all of them as one unit
All of them are faction Deathwatch and work like all other imperial factions for allies purposes.

for the formation:
Kill Team: Basically it just says that the Kill Team is a single unit and is treated as such (have to be deployed as one), can't split, even though some of the models are Indipendent Characters.

Aquila-Doktrin: Rolls to Wound of 1 can be rerolled and rolls of 1 for Armor Penetration can be rerolled.

Also want to note: BOTH Deathwatch and Genestealers are NEW factions, they are NOT part of the tyranids/space marine faction.

"Proper" army releases should come later afaik ...

Additional Translations via MajorNese
Okay...

The killteam counts as the usual imperial allies. Every member with bolter weaponry has special issue ammunition like the usual sternguard, frag&krak grenades as usual. Most include the chapter tactics of their chapter.

Ortan Cassius:
-independent character, zealot
-Crozius Arcanum (=power maul)
-Rosarius (4+ invul)
-bolt pi stol
-may not be included in an army with his older self, Chaplain Cassius

Jetek Suberei:
-SM bike with TL bolter
-power sword
-teleport beacon (limited to terminators)
-skilled rider, split fire, Hit&Run, born in the saddle

Garran Branatar:
-heavy flamer
-mastercrafted meltagun
-mastercrafted power fist
-fearless
-Master of Fire (salamanders flamer rules)

Antor Delassio:
-flamer pistol
-chainsword
-furious charge
-heroic intervention

Edryc Setorax:
-two power claws
-stealth
-RG chapter tactics (strike from shadows, winged deliverance)
-heroic intervention

Squad:
Donatus: bolter and precision shots
Redblade: bolter, two CC weapons, counter charge
Grytt: deathwatch shrapnel cannon (flamer template at assault 2, S6, rending, or 24" assault 2, S7 AP3)
Sorrlock: combi melta, FnP 6+
Gydrael: plasma pistol, power sword, relentless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
It was too much to hope for more general Deathwatch unit rules instead of this one specific kill team, I suppose.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

PantsOptional posted:

It was too much to hope for more general Deathwatch unit rules instead of this one specific kill team, I suppose.

I think you could easily just swap in your own models and use the formation. Each one keeps it's chapter tactics and all the gear is the same as in the marine codex.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Guy from my gaming group... he may have a problem.

Lord Twisted fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 22, 2016

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Why would the sergeant have relentless? Mistranslation?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
In that Dark Angel guy's description it said he had a blade of Caliban. That's just a regular power sword. :colbert:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Why would the sergeant have relentless? Mistranslation?

Direct translations for unnachgiebig:

rigid {adj}
unyielding {adj}
relentless {adj}
adamant {adj}
hard {adj} {adv}
intransigent {adj}
unflinchingly {adv}
unbending {adj} [attitude]
unflinching {adj}
obstinate {adj}
sticky {adj}
implacably {adv}
uncompromising {adj}
immovable {adj}
dourly {adv}
unpliable {adj}
unyieldingly {adv}
uncompliable {adj}
austerulous {adj} [obs.]
unaccommodating {adj} [intransigent, unyielding]

edit: It should be Stubborn according to this site: http://www.planet40k.de/warhammer-40k-universum/deutsche-englische-begriffe-40k-universum-t1409.html

Relentless is 'Unaufhaltsam'

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

So I'm going to requisition some of my friend's unused models and make a HoR Imperial Fists and Ork kill team list. Anyone have a preferred method for painting badass Crimson Fists?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

TKIY posted:

Direct translations for unnachgiebig:

rigid {adj}
unyielding {adj}
relentless {adj}
adamant {adj}
hard {adj} {adv}
intransigent {adj}
unflinchingly {adv}
unbending {adj} [attitude]
unflinching {adj}
obstinate {adj}
sticky {adj}
implacably {adv}
uncompromising {adj}
immovable {adj}
dourly {adv}
unpliable {adj}
unyieldingly {adv}
uncompliable {adj}
austerulous {adj} [obs.]
unaccommodating {adj} [intransigent, unyielding]

Not on there, but maybe it's Stubborn? He is a Dark Angel.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Not on there, but maybe it's Stubborn? He is a Dark Angel.

Yeah it is, just edited my post.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Jesus GW. Correct me if I'm wrong, but previously the frag cannon had been unique to the Furioso dread. The version on that devastator is strictly better due to the ability to fire the solid shells.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

Jesus GW. Correct me if I'm wrong, but previously the frag cannon had been unique to the Furioso dread. The version on that devastator is strictly better due to the ability to fire the solid shells.

It's an assault weapon too, not even a heavy so it can move and fire normally.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Guessing game on the price of the patriarch?

At least he rolls on telepathy and not power of the hive mind.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Kilo147 posted:

So I'm going to requisition some of my friend's unused models and make a HoR Imperial Fists and Ork kill team list. Anyone have a preferred method for painting badass Crimson Fists?
Over a black basecoat:
Kantor Blue for the armor, Khorne Red on the fist, followed by a black wash. Bring all colors back up to their base colors while leaving the wash in the recesses. Highlight with Altdorf Guard Blue and Mephiston Red respectively. if you wanted to highlight a step further I'd use Fenrisian Grey and Squig Orange.

These are from like 4+ years ago but I don't think I'd do anything too differently, formula-wise. Maybe a zenithal highlight for a little more color variation.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
85pts for ten hybrids, and they get rending claws, autopistols and assault grenades. Nice.

Compare that to say a regular Genestealer, and I bet they get a better AS too.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

TKIY posted:

85pts for ten hybrids, and they get rending claws. Nice. Compare that to say a regular Genestealer. I bet the get a better AS too.

It looks like they are T3 W1 6+ but they do seem to have A2 with ccw + pistol. Basically what I was expecting; human stats but with way more cc capability and autopistols

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
a sentiment so nice i posted it twice

Phyresis fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 22, 2016

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I got ahold of a Culexus Assassin yesterday. If my Black Templars can't have psykers, then neither can you.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
85pts for 10 3A Rending Fearless with guns? Uh yeah. I'll take that.

Edit: Oh and assault grenades so your attached Genestealers strike at initiative. :fap:

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Lord Twisted posted:

Jesus Christ... I don't even like his colour scheme. What's the dollar value on all that from GW?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Sanford posted:

Jesus Christ... I don't even like his colour scheme. What's the dollar value on all that from GW?

Lots.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Sanford posted:

:china:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Hadn't really twigged in the previous images but that Blood Angel is powersquatting like wow.

Posigniat
May 31, 2011

Kilo147 posted:

Any Seattle goons want to eventually get some HoR Kill Team action going on this summer?

I'll play with you sir. I'm Northside in Redmond but I could make the trip if people are playing. Send me a message with times and dates and I'll let you know. waltersonman@ gmail.com

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Quoted for truth, I bought one kit from FW like 16 years ago at the US Gamesday. The conversion piece to a falcon to turn it into a Nightspinner. Both guns were miscast so that the two pieces were misaligned by like a quarter inch.

Comparing something you bought 16 years ago to what is out there today from FW is ridiculous.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Since we're asking about regional stuff: are there any Denver hams on this thread?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Ghost Hand posted:

Comparing something you bought 16 years ago to what is out there today from FW is ridiculous.

There are probably people posting in this thread that weren't even born yet in 2000.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Ghost Hand posted:

I have to agree, and the latest FW stuff includes a full-color pamphlet that gives you the basics of working with resin including using hot water to straighten pieces.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Ghost Hand posted:

I bought 7 kits from them last year and had very similar results.

The armor plating for the Chimera was practically paper thin and had to be reinforced in 3 places with greenstuff because the resin was so thin. They sent me 2 sets of doors because they were warped beyond hot-water repair and the extra armor for a predator turret was practically twisted in a knot, it was so bad.

I know that they're your BFFs and I really do like what they're doing with the Horus Heresy game. Their models are fantastic, the characters intriguing, but let's not pretend like their QC has improved much. It's practically a meme in how bad their resin is and it's a reputation they've earned every step of the way.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Kilo147 posted:

Any Seattle goons want to eventually get some HoR Kill Team action going on this summer?

Yeah I'm interested.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

This deathwatch box poo poo makes a weird amount of sense to me. When you look at the density of 40k rules, it seems like the system desperately wants to be played at skirmish scale. It's being shoehorned into a mass-army-game-shaped hole because that's what the company needs it to be. But if I were just starting out, I would really be into an elite deathwatch team vs a sketchy genestealer cult scenario. If the forces in the box are balanced well, it could be a really effective introductory set, and sort of function like the MtG "Duel Decks". Having a way for two friends to buy in to a well-matched fight would mean a lot in this brave new post-points future.

But when I look back at the matchups in the old box sets, I am not optimistic.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

SRM posted:

Over a black basecoat:
Kantor Blue for the armor, Khorne Red on the fist, followed by a black wash. Bring all colors back up to their base colors while leaving the wash in the recesses. Highlight with Altdorf Guard Blue and Mephiston Red respectively. if you wanted to highlight a step further I'd use Fenrisian Grey and Squig Orange.

These are from like 4+ years ago but I don't think I'd do anything too differently, formula-wise. Maybe a zenithal highlight for a little more color variation.

gently caress yeah, Crimson Fists!

Painting looks really solid, I like it.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

krushgroove posted:

I have to agree, and the latest FW stuff includes a full-color pamphlet that gives you the basics of working with resin including using hot water to straighten pieces.

Is this sarcastic? My Fire Raptor included nothing of the sort. I found it easier to just break the sides and fill the gaps with green stuff rather than go through the process of bending and straightening.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

SRM posted:

Most recast stuff I've gotten has been brittle as hell and reeked like carcinogen.

What NOVA events are goons hitting up? I can tell the invitational wouldn't be my scene, but the narrative stuff and trio tournament could be fun. Or is somebody setting up something like the SRM Cup this year?

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I think WhiteOutMouse and I are doing the Warlord Narrative, and there's a number of Kill Team events that I'm going to do too. I'd like to set up the SRM cup this year, definitely.

I am also doing the Narrative, at the "Warlord" level, which means all 6 games. The SRM cup really only has a chance to happen on Thursday during Trios/Invitational, unless people want to stay up forever.

You gotta come, dude. It's so much fun. I'm gonna bring a Shadowsword and a Deathstrike to the Narrative because I do not care about winning. You should bring those sexy Valhallans and we can do space Stalingrad.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

TheChirurgeon posted:

Is this sarcastic? My Fire Raptor included nothing of the sort. I found it easier to just break the sides and fill the gaps with green stuff rather than go through the process of bending and straightening.

Nope, I got an ordinatus two months ago and it had real instructions and everything, and was pretty much a perfect cast. Frankly my mind was blown, I was expecting some work to be done on it. I didn't even need to bend the cables.

But yeah, the fire raptor sucked rear end to build.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 23, 2016

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Boy, the last page is golden. There's a lot of misinformation about recasts. I really need to do a write up on my lovely blog.

If you know what to look for you can usually spot a recast. Ebay has a very healthy legit FW bits market, but there are also recast sellers regularly selling kits before they get reported and create a new account. The easiest way to tell is price- is it a steal? Then it's a recast. Is it stupidly expensive? Legit. Resin color is the other dead give away.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

The Sex Cannon posted:

I am also doing the Narrative, at the "Warlord" level, which means all 6 games. The SRM cup really only has a chance to happen on Thursday during Trios/Invitational, unless people want to stay up forever.

You gotta come, dude. It's so much fun. I'm gonna bring a Shadowsword and a Deathstrike to the Narrative because I do not care about winning. You should bring those sexy Valhallans and we can do space Stalingrad.

I'm thinking for the SRM cup we could hold it over multiple days. Getting 3 games in a single day is hard, but we could do 3 rounds thurs-sat. Single elimination so losers can go get us winners bhan mi from the food trucks.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lord Twisted posted:

he has 17 problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

PierreTheMime posted:

On my turn, the Genestealers counter-charged and began their glorious journey toward the top.

Old post but I love your kraken Tyranids a+

• Locked thread