Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Cage posted:

:fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:

Just a render, but a good render.

I'm SO hard right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Cage posted:

Don't care much for the slammed wheel look but the rest is loving awesome, I'd drive the poo poo out of a Mustang wagon

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Forgot that I never posted these here either, this is a real car:

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I have never liked Mustangs but I am so fuckin in on the new mustang front end. Unf. Wagon would be so god drat legit.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cage posted:

MUST... not... WANG

MUSTWANG

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Rigged Death Trap posted:

MUST... not... WANG

MUSTWANG

WANGSTANG

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Cage posted:

God, I want this, or a 4 door.

Ford really needs to put the Coyote in more things.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It reminds me a lot of the Ferrari FF with some bulk added, which a lot of people don't like but I think is the prettiest car Ferrari is currently building.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

xzzy posted:

It reminds me a lot of the Ferrari FF with some bulk added, which a lot of people don't like but I think is the prettiest car Ferrari is currently building.

I'm with you, the FF is a great looking car.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

El Scotch posted:

God, I want this, or a 4 door.

Ford really needs to put the Coyote in more things.

Make a 4 door mustang, call it the "Falcon", sell it to cops. Job done, market recaptured from dodge.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Make a 4 door mustang, call it the "Falcon", sell it to cops. Job done, market recaptured from dodge.

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/2016-ford-falcon-xr8-sprint-could-be-falcons-swan-song

RIP

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Of course it's a BMW.

fyodor posted:

Speaking of cool AI poo poo, a lot of what I see comes from:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/808547945893612/

Any other groups you guys enjoy reading daily?

From that page:

NitroSpazzz posted:

Built in MN, puts down ~1000hp :stonklol:

With a full street interior, and stock engine, I would daily drive this.
Now I NEED an X3 or X5 that's been set up for actual off-road stuff.

Wow, that pretty much is a 4-door Mustang. Should have been sold here (in the US) the whole time.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It was too glorious to live on :negative:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Why not skip the middle man and just go directly to smearing your organs all over the asphalt?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

MrYenko posted:

Why not skip the middle man and just go directly to smearing your organs all over the asphalt?

Set up dual tracks for those gigantic rocket sleds used for demolition testing, with a ramp at the very end so the guys fly off and parachute back down

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

RIP

You'd think after spending the money engineering the Coyote they'd want to promulgate it far and wide.

Emissions. :argh:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I was just browsing through really old bookmarks and noticed that Ford's old Weick press photo gallery didn't work, and it looks like they just host it on their own site now. I don't want to go posting Ford's press photos to imgur or anything just in case that opens a can of worms but if anyone is interested they've got some really high res photos: https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/multimedia.html

Here's a nice one of the Focus RS playing in the snow:
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/asset.html/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/2016/02/17/_P9A1762_HR.jpg.html

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
30 / 23045

:stare:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Car: right thread.
News: wrong thread.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

xzzy posted:

If you had to spend $400,000 on a single car to do everything, it really is the perfect car. I can't help hoping they can make one in the future with a 2.5L naturally aspirated V12 and plenty of kWhs in a hybrid system so it does more than 6mpg but still sounds like a proper V12 Ferrari.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Chris Knight posted:

Car: right thread.
News: wrong thread.

it was specifically a reply to MattD1zzl3 calling for ford to create a falcon

1 post before the one you quoted

Notax
May 14, 2014

you break tables, you pay

Notax fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 25, 2016

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

:staredog:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c107-sl-slc-class/1593914-making-samson-worlds-first-v-12-a.html

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Shine on, you crazy diamond.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Yesssssss 394hp in a R107? SIGN ME UP.

I've measurements and such somewhere to put the M120 into a w201/w124.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

cursedshitbox posted:

Yesssssss 394hp in a R107? SIGN ME UP.

I've measurements and such somewhere to put the M120 into a w201/w124.

If you can stick an inline 6 in there, You can stick a v12.
(This is partly why I love the former so much, It's half a v12, whod say no to half a v12.)

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 25, 2016

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

(This is partly why I love the former so much, It's half a v12, whod say no to half a v12.)

The sumps are different as is the lower cradle.

Belts, plumbing, and accessories are 100% exactly the same as the m104 is half of the m120. You'd need a v8 trans as the Inline ones are different.

The only downside to this is, theres double the sensors...meaning that the heads get to come off to replace the 4 knock sensors buried in the valley.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I was talking optimistically with absolutely no technical knowledge behind that.
Im a dreamer goddamnit :colbert:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Not quite, unless it came with a V architecture engine laid tightly against the firewall from the factory. Remember that there is a bank offset, vehicles that come with inline engines sometimes have them set into a pocket in the center of the firewall, and accessory belt setups typically sit farther forward of the front timing cover on a V type engine due to the water pump and bank offset. For example anyone who thinks that there's even a chance you can fit a dodge V10 into an XJ/MJ is a madman.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

kastein posted:

Not quite, unless it came with a V architecture engine laid tightly against the firewall from the factory. Remember that there is a bank offset, vehicles that come with inline engines sometimes have them set into a pocket in the center of the firewall, and accessory belt setups typically sit farther forward of the front timing cover on a V type engine due to the water pump and bank offset. For example anyone who thinks that there's even a chance you can fit a dodge V10 into an XJ/MJ is a madman.

Well, that's hardly a fair comparison. The Viper V10 is descended from a light truck engine - it's not really packaged for use in a car. As I understand it, the Viper was designed around the already-existing engine. That being said, your point is otherwise valid. :)

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
The Viper engine and the truck engine (notwithstanding the SRT10 truck engines, which are literally viper engines) are actually not even close to the same, they share these things:
- V10
- 8.0L
- I think the rockers are the same, and maybe a few bolts.

Otherwise they are completely different, the viper one might have a chance of fitting but it's comically expensive on car-part. The truck engine is a real monster.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:

kastein posted:

The Viper engine and the truck engine (notwithstanding the SRT10 truck engines, which are literally viper engines) are actually not even close to the same, they share these things:
- V10
- 8.0L
- I think the rockers are the same, and maybe a few bolts.

Otherwise they are completely different, the viper one might have a chance of fitting but it's comically expensive on car-part. The truck engine is a real monster.

Ah, that's my confusion. I had a buddy with an SRT10 pickup (hilarious; 4WD third gear rolling burnouts) and I must have conflated those things.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

sofullofhate posted:

Ah, that's my confusion. I had a buddy with an SRT10 pickup (hilarious; 4WD third gear rolling burnouts) and I must have conflated those things.

Let him know I want his loving engine if he dies in that thing.

I'm pretty sure I could find a way to jam a viper engine in, but it just isn't in the budget.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

I was talking optimistically with absolutely no technical knowledge behind that.
Im a dreamer goddamnit :colbert:

Our Binky, who art in Shropshire, widened be thy arches.
Thy turbo toots, thy four wheels drift, on asphalt as they do on gravel.
Give us this day our daily hoon, and forgive us our speeding offenses,
As we have forgiven those who say it can't be done.
And lead us not into defeatism,
But deliver us from our car-shaped money pit.
For precious is the custom manifold,
for the power and the glory.
Torque curves that go on for ever and ever,
Amen.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

kastein posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nv7_w5L9tg

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
:circlefap:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

:catstare: that tube-framed Saab... a thing I never knew I wanted, but OH GOD I WANT IT

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

ReelBigLizard posted:

Amen.

:eyepop:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ReelBigLizard posted:

Amen.

Dreams CAN come true
Prayers CAN BE ANSWERED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

ReelBigLizard posted:

Amen.

Amen.