Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
:goshawk:

https://twitter.com/LesZaitz/status/700145616899280896

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

cumshitter posted:

"Cliven, do you plead guilty to the following charges?"

"Uh, no Fed."

*Flushes toilet*

"Al let's have sex"

"I do not wish to create joinder "

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Owl lives matter!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
RIP Caro, everyone's favourite cross-classed journalist/medic/sniper.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
yes, but....what does Donald trump have to say about all this?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

why is there an ad for a bondage website as a watermark or whatever you call it.

also yay owls I'm glad the birds are coming back :unsmith:

Cowman has issued a correction as of 03:01 on Feb 19, 2016

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

[trigger warning: gawker]
Hilarious lawsuit, claiming $666,666,666,666.66 in damages because devil

Apparently the IMF (for some reason) can repossess the entire northwest territories because we aren't paying our debts because reasons!

gonna go out on a limb and say that whoever wrote this has no idea what the word "evidence" actually means

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I need another summary of the events discussed in this thread now that Cliven Bundy got arrested.

The last page I read was 117.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

This is a well written piece on Ryan Payne from 2014, one of the walmartyrs arrested in the truck when tarp ghost was set free.

http://missoulanews.bigskypress.com/missoula/freedom-fighter/Content?oid=2054145

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Cowman posted:

why is there an ad for a bondage website as a watermark or whatever you call it.

IDK, it's kinda weird.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Fat guy probably still bored.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Philthy posted:

Fat guy probably still bored.

Think he's hungry?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

KakerMix posted:

Think he's hungry?

Probably. No caffeine, no nicotine, no alcohol - his appetite is probably uncomfortable.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Best thread in GBS gets moved. Hmph!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
There's no such thing as a "best thread" in GBS.

They're all poo poo.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Philthy posted:

Best thread in GBS gets moved. Hmph!

Concurring harumph!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

There's no such thing as a "best thread" in GBS.

They're all poo poo.

Respectfully disagreeing with your premise harumph!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Is this the videogames forum now

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Alan Smithee posted:

"Al let's have sex"

"I do not wish to create joinder "

Not empty quoting

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

But . . . there is already a D&D thread about this. D&D don't need 2 threads. Ain't nobody got time for that.

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006
Welp Sandy is the first of Tarp Team 4 to be released.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016/02/20/First-of-4-Oregon-wildlife-refuge-holdouts-released-from-custody/8761455978347/

quote:

Federal Magistrate Judge Janice M. Stewart said Friday Anderson, despite her "very public defiance" of federal officers, is not a flight risk due to her lack of criminal history and the fact she has held a steady job.

Court-appointed defense lawyer, Tyl Bakker, claimed Anderson was not aware of federal orders to vacate the location, calling her a "relatively minor player," who became "mixed up" in the circumstances....

As part of her release agreement, Anderson, 48, will not be permitted to directly contact her husband, who is still in custody. Travel will also be limited between her home state of Idaho and Oregon for court appearances.

Ethan Knight, assistant U.S. Attorney, argued for Anderson to remain in custody, citing an unspecified mental illness...

I doubt that steady job still exists.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Doubtful she can even identify another country on a map.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

onemanlan posted:

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016/02/20/First-of-4-Oregon-wildlife-refuge-holdouts-released-from-custody/8761455978347/

Her steady job was working in a gas station. If her boss likes her it is easy enough to fit her back into the schedule.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
"Unspecified mental illness" is a term we can expect to hear a lot.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

onemanlan posted:

Don't worry, she'll sovcit herself back into a jail cell soon enough.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Just in case anyone was worried that this wasn't going to trial:

quote:

After the arrests of Cliven Bundy and Ammon Bundy in Oregon, the pair are being held on a number of charges. They are now releasing updates through attorneys and through the Facebook page associated with Bundy Ranch. In the latest series of updates, they ask for donations, declare the Federal courts ‘lawless,’ and maintain that they are being persecuted for unpopular speech.

Pretty sure Gavin Seims is the guy who hosted that last call the Patriots made.

The fact that these dangerous idiots are going to die in prison only proves that the system works. I feel much safer knowing they have been removed from society. Thank you, Federal Government.

cumshitter has issued a correction as of 18:44 on Feb 22, 2016

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

did Jesus have a lot to say about property rights that wasn't "lol stop fetishizing wealth you dumbfucks everyone's rich in heaven" because i think these guys aren't reading the right bible

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

did Jesus have a lot to say about property rights that wasn't "lol stop fetishizing wealth you dumbfucks everyone's rich in heaven" because i think these guys aren't reading the right bible

"render unto caesar what is caesar's" doesn't seem to be a very popular passage with them

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Abner Cadaver II posted:

"render unto caesar what is caesar's" doesn't seem to be a very popular passage with them

i was thinkin' more the camel through the eye of a needle thing but yeah that one's good too

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Abner Cadaver II posted:

They love themselves some Thomas Paine, right up to "Agrarian Justice", where he proposed a minimum basic income funded by taxes on landowners.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i heard someone rationalizing that once by saying that the word was translated wrong and doesn't mean "needle" it means "front gate" and so the rich would have an easy time going through the "front gate" of heaven because they're riding on their camels :downs:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

kind of wondering if this could turn into an Assault on Precinct 13 scenario tbqh

Advantageous
Apr 8, 2012

It's why Bundy freely shares his cattle with all of his neighbors; at least in the having to deal with them and share in his stock's illnesses, too.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

kind of wondering if this could turn into an Assault on Precinct 13 scenario tbqh

They do seem to love action movies.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

i heard someone rationalizing that once by saying that the word was translated wrong and doesn't mean "needle" it means "front gate" and so the rich would have an easy time going through the "front gate" of heaven because they're riding on their camels :downs:

There is the gate interpretation, but it actually supposedly refers to a gate called "eye of the needle" which was a night-gate for Jerusalem but it was so narrow that rich people with camels carrying all of their poo poo couldn't fit in.

Most of the alternate interpretations try to rationalize the absurd image of a camel/ needle analogy while keeping the anti-rich message. Some think camel was supposed to be a Greek word for thick rope that keeps the analogy less idiosyncratic. But changing the metaphor for ideological reasons would be considered blasphemy.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

cumshitter posted:

Just in case anyone was worried that this wasn't going to trial:

Pretty sure Gavin Seims is the guy who hosted that last call the Patriots made.

The fact that these dangerous idiots are going to die in prison only proves that the system works. I feel much safer knowing they have been removed from society. Thank you, Federal Government.

I'm gav

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
gav free. so what?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I'M OBSESSED WITH MY SOVEREIGNTY

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

crowoutofcontext posted:

There is the gate interpretation, but it actually supposedly refers to a gate called "eye of the needle" which was a night-gate for Jerusalem but it was so narrow that rich people with camels carrying all of their poo poo couldn't fit in.

Most of the alternate interpretations try to rationalize the absurd image of a camel/ needle analogy while keeping the anti-rich message. Some think camel was supposed to be a Greek word for thick rope that keeps the analogy less idiosyncratic. But changing the metaphor for ideological reasons would be considered blasphemy.

Wasn't the Eye of the Needle gate in Jerusalem built in the 16th century, though? I've always leaned towards the theory that "kamilos" (rope) was mistranslated as "kamelos" (camel) somewhere down the line. That would make sense, i.e. a "trying to thread a needle with a rope" metaphor.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://twitter.com/Patztense/status/701840611738050565

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

So the 12 year old was armed right? :ohdear: