Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

lewtt posted:

:eonwe::eonwe:I need a tally of $100 sperglords who will be playing at the 96 hour headstart:eonwe::eonwe:

If we've got enough, it'd be a nice boon to be able to get a couple guild gathering missions in before $50 and $30 so we can increase the guild cap.

Guild Gathering missions are 90 minute timed guild-wide quests that allow you to keep what you gathered; the only requirement is that the guild collects it during the 90 minutes. It also gives both youAND the guild a respectable chunk of money when you complete, with the personal money based on how much you pine/iron/flowers you got. They're not terribly difficult, but they're gonna require more than 4 people to do reliably.

I can't just start a shitton of them and do them whenever someone feels like it; In addition to the 5 a day limit, they take 20k guild funds to start that we lose it if we don't complete it

Thinking I might. Depends if I feel like spending another $70 in the next week.

Also depends on whether they go back on the obscene cash shop pricing along with the shard structure.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused

lewtt posted:

:eonwe::eonwe:I need a tally of $100 sperglords who will be playing at the 96 hour headstart:eonwe::eonwe:

If we've got enough, it'd be a nice boon to be able to get a couple guild gathering missions in before $50 and $30 so we can increase the guild cap.

Guild Gathering missions are 90 minute timed guild-wide quests that allow you to keep what you gathered; the only requirement is that the guild collects it during the 90 minutes. It also gives both youAND the guild a respectable chunk of money when you complete, with the personal money based on how much you pine/iron/flowers you got. They're not terribly difficult, but they're gonna require more than 4 people to do reliably.

I can't just start a shitton of them and do them whenever someone feels like it; In addition to the 5 a day limit, they take 20k guild funds to start that we lose it if we don't complete it

Me and a group of friends are all bad with money and willing to pitch in.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
ok next item for discussion: who will be the first to run off with the guild's bank of space wheat

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Blazing Zero posted:

ok next item for discussion: who will be the first to run off with the guild's bank of space wheat

I'm saving my big theft for a game I can see myself playing past the first two weeks.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Blazing Zero posted:

I dont think there is a guild bank...

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

LumberingTroll posted:

I dont think there is a guild bank...

There is. We just have to get a guild hall first. Which requires us to win an auction. Also limited guild halls per town.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Third World Reggin posted:

There is. We just have to get a guild hall first. Which requires us to win an auction. Also limited guild halls per town.

Cool, hopefully we can maintain a respectable level of active players (we cant)

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

kalstrams posted:

It's not even halfway as bad as you paint it. There's also cash shop inventory slots and weight limit expansion items available should you somehow fail to be reasonable about looting while insisting to rush.

Additional inventory slots are literally $1 per slot though right?
Even after doing a bunch of quests and getting a good number of inventory expansions loot was pretty miserable when out grinding. Mobs seem to drop a ton of trade items, gems, and random resources. Having to stop and assess every mob with loot would be a big chore.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lewtt posted:

Sperglord to Sperglord Actual, come in. Over.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

lurksion posted:

I don't think I have 5k hours in any game ever.
Ive been playing/afking way too much ARK Survival Evolved since its release and still only have 1650 hours

What kind of dedication are they expecting here

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
a secret goon benefactor is offering to buy me the $100 pack but i dont think i can accept it

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

Eonwe posted:

a secret goon benefactor is offering to buy me the $100 pack but i dont think i can accept it

Are they forcing you to use discord?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Eonwe posted:

ill accept it and then sell the account on ebay. pm if interested :)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ohsosad posted:

Are they forcing you to use discord?

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

ill accept it and then sell the account on ebay. pm if interested :)

ok sounds good

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

LegalPad posted:

Additional inventory slots are literally $1 per slot though right?
Even after doing a bunch of quests and getting a good number of inventory expansions loot was pretty miserable when out grinding. Mobs seem to drop a ton of trade items, gems, and random resources. Having to stop and assess every mob with loot would be a big chore.

Exactly, during beta I used most of my funbux (about 40 bucks worth) for inventory slots and I was constantly full and sorting poo poo out and I was mostly farming the same poo poo over and over again, if you do this race to level thing and are constantly changing mobs this is going to be an huge issue unless you don't pick up anything

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

lewtt posted:

Goon with no self control, reporting in.

Here's a spreadsheet with all the housing arrangements for each city so you can plan out your workshops and stuff:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17lJz7GmI0ilEMpDRplh_GdUp22a4ixwQiqxablhUa_4/edit#gid=0

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

There's a lot more $100 sperglords than I would've expected. :gerty:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I'm afraid and concerned.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Quake posted:

There's a lot more $100 sperglords than I would've expected. :gerty:

I'll have you know I have a reputation to uphold. :c00lbutt:

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

No self control...check.

Dr. Kayak Paddle fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 23, 2016

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Man I thought I was extra shameful for buying the mid-tier package. Now I'm only highly shameful. :mediocre:

The hunting stuff is weird--that owl hunting sidequest? Really couldn't find poo poo about it online. Guides all say that hunting is for whales/sharks. Turns out that you can shoot birds and beehives with the gun (but not the beehives in the Tiny Fatal Bees quest, as I found out in a fatal misadventure).

e: anyway I'll be up to chopping wood or whatever dumb poo poo needs doing for the guild once we middle class plebes are allowed in.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

RedTonic posted:

Man I thought I was extra shameful for buying the mid-tier package. Now I'm only highly shameful. :mediocre:
I mean, if you were planning to buy a pet anyways, why not?

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

Blazing Zero posted:

When in doubt trust Delabucks.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
did you turbo nerds decide on a guild name yet

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005
Everything I do is motivated by stupidity

Markkei posted:

Goon with no self control, reporting in.

No self control here either, and not interested in grinding to 50 ASAP... so I'm down for guild quests.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

I thought the shadow council decided on GoonTang.

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005
Everything I do is motivated by stupidity

Markkei posted:

Here's a spreadsheet with all the housing arrangements for each city so you can plan out your workshops and stuff:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17lJz7GmI0ilEMpDRplh_GdUp22a4ixwQiqxablhUa_4/edit#gid=0

Also this is pretty much overwhelming, I have no idea how to even start planning this out in a meaningful manner.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

lewtt posted:

Sperglord Actual standing by. I had a week of vacation time I was getting yelled at to use, I'll be on. A lot. :toot:

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Sigh.... I might be around for the headstart logging pacts.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I will not turn down a 100 dollar offer to use discord and get me in a few days earlier

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

Rivv posted:

Also this is pretty much overwhelming, I have no idea how to even start planning this out in a meaningful manner.

It is pretty much just the locations and tiers/levels of the crafting system/player and slave housing where higher level buildings craft better gear/items.

I'm not sure if you played any cbt crafting but you basically just invest contribution points which are totally refundable and a bit of silver to unlock the different types of houses all of which don't really matter unless you feel like setting up a npc slave network.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

kalstrams posted:

Sorry I'm still stuck on $30.50.

Yeah, what idiot set that price point?

Will this game crash faster than ArchAge?

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 23, 2016

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I feel like this game's crawling with systems that people would be going nuts over if they were just opened up. You can breed horses(people were clamoring for chocobo breeding in FF14), but there's lots of stuff locked behind the cash shop. You can breed pets, and they DO things, but that's ALL behind the cash shop. The dyes in this game are loving nuts, there's two pallets and you can mix your dyes and you can dye your horse armour and weapons and some armour has like 7 different things you can dye, but it's random only behind the cash shop and one time use. There's super available housing with pretty detailed and free placement, but it's hard to get furniture(like, you can buy a house in the starting town but the dude there doesn't, and never will, sell BEDS) and the easiest way is, you guessed it, behind the cash shop.

It seems very strange, but I guess I'm out of my element here in a koreagame.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Grondoth posted:

I feel like this game's crawling with systems that people would be going nuts over if they were just opened up. You can breed horses(people were clamoring for chocobo breeding in FF14), but there's lots of stuff locked behind the cash shop. You can breed pets, and they DO things, but that's ALL behind the cash shop. The dyes in this game are loving nuts, there's two pallets and you can mix your dyes and you can dye your horse armour and weapons and some armour has like 7 different things you can dye, but it's random only behind the cash shop and one time use. There's super available housing with pretty detailed and free placement, but it's hard to get furniture(like, you can buy a house in the starting town but the dude there doesn't, and never will, sell BEDS) and the easiest way is, you guessed it, behind the cash shop.

It seems very strange, but I guess I'm out of my element here in a koreagame.

the first two things are valid, but there is an intro quest that gives you a bed and furniture workshops make beds so they will be on the auction house.

Each region has some regional designs for the furniture workshops as well, so expect to see some different styles on the market place.

I do not know if you can sell pets on the market place but you can sell horses. So people might be able to sell pets later on the auction house.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Pretty sure other regions can sell pets on the market, but that was deemed too pay2win for us.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

the first two things are valid, but there is an intro quest that gives you a bed and furniture workshops make beds so they will be on the auction house.

Each region has some regional designs for the furniture workshops as well, so expect to see some different styles on the market place.

I do not know if you can sell pets on the market place but you can sell horses. So people might be able to sell pets later on the auction house.

(what about the dye point)
(I am desperate to know if there is another way to dye things)

I straight did not know there was an intro quest to get a bed. That completely nullifies that point, because beds are one of the most important things to have in a house.

Bored Grunt
Nov 8, 2009

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain
Another sperg reporting in...with 2 more available if we are doing friends/family.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

I've gotten dyes from... something. Whether it was quest or loot, I wasn't paying attention at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

There was one quest that gave you an option of 3 dyes. That was the only one I ran into. Looking into this, there are a few more quests but I don't know if they are repeatable.

I don't know the current price of most costumes or dyes, but from what I am reading they are too high.

Also from what I just read, other regions have a premium dye system where it is more of a pallet unlock. I think they are making a mistake with the current system.