Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Anidav posted:

I thought Google Car used a 360' camera

Lots and lots of lasers, all lasers, all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Frogmanv2 posted:

Oh anidav.

They can talk to each other wirelessly, which doesnt require sight.

animals and drunks can't though

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Frogmanv2 posted:

No, the bank cant go back and change the value of your loan unilaterally.

Hey, this is correct. A loan is a legal binding contract that can only be altered with the consent of both parties.

If the value of your house drops 50k, you're still on the hook for it.

Signed, banking scum.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Wouldn shrub block lasers too

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Australian Bunnings Consortium posted:

Bunnings hardware store bans sexist tradesmen after staff member complaints

A major hardware chain has taken a stance against sexism, banning some tradesmen from stores over sexual harassment of staff.

The ABC has learned that at least one Bunnings store in Melbourne has taken action because of sexist behaviour towards its employees.

A female Bunnings staff member told 774 ABC Melbourne's Jon Faine that she complained to management about sexual harassment from some tradesmen shopping at the store.

Faine said the staff member feared for her job after making the complaint but was "delighted" when the outlet reacted by banning the tradies.

Bunnings has declined to comment.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Anidav posted:

Wouldn shrub block lasers too

There are other things like radio waves and ESP that also go into making these self driving cars, it's not literally all lasers. They're not actually just 360º cameras mounted on

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hey, that's awesome!

tithin posted:

Hey, this is correct. A loan is a legal binding contract that can only be altered with the consent of both parties.

Signed, banking scum.

That's what I thought, thanks scum.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
R.I.P. gays

https://twitter.com/Rashidajourno/status/701957217310748672

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Rah rah those women are just going to use their position as Bunnings staff to deny innocent men the tools they need to work. #bunningsgate

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Birb Katter posted:

We must have a society in which driving men and women can live and work, in their homes and in the streets of our cities, without fear.

These Patel pics are... so erotic and good. Keep up the good posting, Birbs.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Right on queue we get someone in government setting up a site to promote racism.

What are they even guardianing, there is nothing there posted:

George Christensen seeks contributors to new 'war on radical Islam' website

Reform-minded Muslims have a new internet destination: a website set up by Queensland MP George Christensen “to expose radical Islamic practices, its adherents and appearers within our midst”.

The outspoken member for Dawson, who last year addressed a Reclaim Australia rally in Mackay, announced the website on Tuesday in a call-out for writers and researchers.

“The site will also root out treating people with respect and its purveyors who seek to stymie free speech on this, the most important subject for the future of our Western civilisation,” he wrote on Facebook.

Christensen said he hoped the website, authorised by his office, would be an agent for reform within Islam, “and promote moderate Muslims who are seeking to change their faith for the better”.

But he added: “Where practices of so-called moderate Muslims in this country or elsewhere are found to be less than moderate or appeasing the extremists, this website will call it out.”

Contributors will not be paid but are promised they will help to “fight for a cause which could determine the future of Western civilisation, freedom, liberty and humankind”.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
On Croudace Road in New Lambton there is/was a notorious police speed trap (Bottom of a dip between steep hills) The police car was obscured from view by a tree. One morning between the owner of the house getting in the milk and finishing his coffee some public spirited souls chainsawed the tree down into a waiting tipper truck and fled undetected.

People Power! :arghfist:

MC Eating Disorder posted:

actually thats originally a yank convention, there's no real historical distinction in UK/Australian english but UK english sucks anyway

e: I will never understand why the vein of hatred for American English runs so deep in australia, we already hate the poms and love Americans but something something language being a primary cultural identifier

Mr Chips posted:

Either is fine. They mean the same thing and both occur at almost the same frequency in the 2007 British National Corpus.
It was entirely a [DFSR] but appears to have gotten some innocent bystanders.According to the Greater Oxford Dictionary and furthermore..

tithin posted:

Signed, banking scum.
I think the term to use is Money Hungry Filth, or Filth for short if conflation with our valiant police force is not considered likely.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

These Patel pics are... so erotic and good. Keep up the good posting, Birbs.

The Auspol thread is the last place I'd want to see anything erotic tbh.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

My husband's family owned a Mitre 10 in small town NSW which he ran for like 10 years and he's like "yeah the poo poo they had to deal with..."

He usually paid his female employees more than the men because they'd work twice as hard just to get "thanks sweetheart can you get me one of the men on the floor to help me find a nail?"

Also my husband knows literally nothing about hardware despite running the store, and whenever a male customer would be talking to him and a female staff member they'd always ask everything and look exclusively at him and he'd just go "I don't know why you're asking me, I don't know anything about this, but she does!"

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

HookShot posted:

Also my husband knows literally nothing about hardware despite running the store, and whenever a male customer would be talking to him and a female staff member they'd always ask everything and look exclusively at him and he'd just go "I don't know why you're asking me, I don't know anything about this, but she does!"

Haha

---

https://twitter.com/myriamrobin/status/701963017064349696

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Filth is also acceptable

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

MonoAus posted:

The Auspol thread is the last place I'd want to see anything erotic tbh.

The closing of the election thread with Abbott's face photoshopped onto the end of a cock was the funniest thing I'd seen on the forums.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
A website with a cross-hair in the logo is surely a welcome place for moderate Muslims to discuss solutions to radical Islam.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
those solutions sound pretty permanent.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Who wants to help me start a war on radical christianity website?

Bernardi, Abbott, Pell.....

EDIT: "Why do we allow this child abusing death cult to flourish in our lands"

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

HookShot posted:

This happened to my ex. She worked in the auto industry for a fair few years, ending up as a casual at Repco when we moved towns. She worked there for more than a year, during which time two managers came and left, and the third was hired from outside the company, who had no auto experience at all. So someone would come into the store, she would help them and get them what they need, then they would ask to speak to the manager. He would come over, the customer would ask him what they needed, then he would turn to her, ask her the same question, she would give the same answer and the customer would be satisfied.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

The closing of the election thread with Abbott's face photoshopped onto the end of a cock was the funniest thing I'd seen on the forums.

That wasn't erotic. It was funny and memorable though.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Birb Katter posted:

Right on queue we get someone in government setting up a site to promote racism.

"The site will also root out treating people with respect and its purveyors who seek to stymie free speech "

Good lord, who says this kind of thing without realising what they're saying. "Treat people with respect?!? gently caress off!"

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Good lord, who says this kind of thing without realising what they're saying. "Treat people with respect?!? gently caress off!"

That's Birb's replace-"Political Correctness"-with-"treating people with respect" filter, not the original wording.

UrbanLabyrinth fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 23, 2016

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

That's Birb's replace-"Political Correctness"-with-"treating people with respect" filter, not the original wording.

Yeah, I forget I have that sometimes myself and get a bit confused as to why people are so angry about being nice.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
"Being Nice GONE MAD"

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

:doh:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

kirbysuperstar posted:

I don't think anyone found it erotic however.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Paging Tink to the thread, move to Perth

https://twitter.com/SenatorLudlam/status/701974797748609024

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Perth is way too hot and a bad place to visit.

At least you confirmed that Ludlam is a fan of First Dog.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:effort:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Lol @ goons

As a pedestrian, you should definitely not expect cars to stop for you when you step out on to the road.

"But drivers should be paying attention!" :qq:

Who cares if it is their legal responsibility or whatever and they'll go to jail if they hit you - if they hit you, you might be loving dead.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Milky Moor posted:

Lol @ goons

As a pedestrian, you should definitely not expect cars to stop for you when you step out on to the road.

Who cares if it is their legal responsibility or whatever and they'll go to jail if they hit you - if they hit you, you might be loving dead.

"We must have a government which is not only a guarantor of public order and safety and which preserves the right of drivers to keep and to bear cars, which is the ancient hallmark of a truly free people, but we must have government which maintains an eternal vigilance against the pedestrians, both internal and external, of a automotive society."

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Pickled Tink posted:

Perth is way too hot and a bad place to visit.

What are you talking about, it's a pleasant 24degrees with a chance of showers right now

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Milky Moor posted:

Lol @ goons

So saith Milky, who was clearly rendered incapable of understanding the preceding conversation when he attempted to walk in front of a car but tripped before he even left the footpath.

He was not wearing a helmet at the time.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
How poo poo is your day so far goons? Not poo poo enough?

http://www.julianburnside.com.au/guardsconduct-in-nauru-getting-worse/

quote:

I have received this disturbing report from Nauru. It is all the more disturbing given that the Republic of Nauru has been boasting on Twitter that the camps there are open, and people are free to come and go as they choose. (see @Republic_Nauru Follow what they say). Note that the suggestion that people held on Nauru are “free”stands awkwardly with the fact that they are not allowed access to phones. That, coupled with the Australian Border Force Act (which threatens people working in the detention system with 2 years’ gaol if they disclose facts they learn while working in detention) shows beyond argument that Australia and its puppet Nauru are determined to make sure Australians do not learn the truth about our detention system.
Here’s the latest report:
“I have heard some very frightening and distressing stories about events last night in women’s detention in #Nauru.
22 February 2016. 1.12 am. Nauru. Women’s tent.
The guards blacked out the women’s tent by cutting the power.
Then fourteen male guards and one female guard entered the tent. Women screamed in terror.
Two women in the single women’s tent were strip searched. They were screaming . One had a phone in her bra. A total of five people in the women’s tent had phones taken. Communications with the camp have been cut.
A woman has been on a hunger strike for 18 days. When she heard the piercing screams, she suffered a heart attack. With no ECG machine available, it is impossible to reliably diagnose or treat cardiac emergencies. She spent some time in IHMS and was sent back to the camp.
A young woman was recently arrested for taking a piece of fruit from the dining room and at the time was seen dragged by her hair and beaten by Nauruan Police, leaving visible injuries. Terrified by the 1:12 am raid, she slashed her wrists and her body. She too was treated by IHMS and sent back to camp.
I know this is a true account of what happened.
Please share widely.
Later edit:
Most of the women have histories of serious trauma. They would have experienced extreme post-traumatic stress reactions to the massed invasion into the blacked-out room of sleeping women. Any person would have experienced great terror. I can’t imagine what went through the minds of those women who have already been assaulted, or witnessed assaults, by gangs of men in uniform.
This further information is from Terry Russell:
The woman who had a heart attack is also severely depressed … so depressed is she, she believes they want to kill her so she won’t leave her room
She is now 32 kg and her BP is so low, she can barely lift her head from the pillow. I am baffled how or why she was sent back to the camp.”

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

MMG do you work with Laserface?

I get how home loans work just fine thanks.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

norp posted:

What are you talking about, it's a pleasant 24degrees with a chance of showers right now

No he's right, Perth for the most part is hot and bad.

Some day we'll get that airport train. But not before we've redeveloped all of our arterial road infrastructure into Great Business Investment Opportunities!

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
I can scarcely believe it myself, but it looks like the airport train is really coming.

The transport minister was on the radio this morning talking about building tunnels underneath Canning hwy and Scarborough beach road. Pretty poo poo idea IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

MonoAus posted:

I can scarcely believe it myself, but it looks like the airport train is really coming.

The transport minister was on the radio this morning talking about building tunnels underneath Canning hwy and Scarborough beach road. Pretty poo poo idea IMO.

Scarborough beach road needs more lanes though, and the land acquisition price would be enormous. I can sort of understand why they are looking at the idea.

• Locked thread