Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hakarne posted:

I'm not quite at that point but I'm working my way through the quest. Add Thaeras in game and maybe we can duo it? (I'm a tank spec assassin and I can solo lots of poo poo with a healer companion).

Edit: Oh we may need people for the dumb puzzle. Maybe we can find some helpers.

You can do one of the last two Heroics for Seeker / Macro with three people but the other one requires 4 due to switches and timing, I can't remember which of the two chains it is though. The penultimate Macrobinocular quest is a Heroic 4 that USED to be soloable but I suspect it no longer is with level sync, so all in all there are 3 Heroic missions that you need 3-4 people for.

They don't have to be doing the quest, however, so you could try to organize guild help one night to give you a hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alter Ego posted:

There's a preview in the datamined picture of the next hypercrate. Your character stands while holding the pole.

Wow new emotes are getting weird.

The store picture didn't show the scale well, it looked like it would be smaller.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Figured I would level crafting while mostly afk working, accidentally double-clicked on the price sort and bought a stack of grade 7 basic crystals... didn't want that 5m credits anyway... :negative:

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

prefect posted:

I haven't gotten to do it yet, but I understand there are puzzles that require four people to stand in specific spots.

There's two H4s that conclude the questline on Nar Shaddaa. The first H4 requires everybody to be on the same step (otherwise you can't click on the platform to jump out onto the taxis) but doesn't really need 4 people to finish. 2 or 3 can easily beat the final boss, and the right class can probably solo it. The next quest requires 4 people to do the puzzles, but people not on the quest can help out.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

kmzh posted:

and the right class can probably solo it. The next quest requires 4 people to do the puzzles, but people not on the quest can help out.

The second-to-last Microbinocular mission is easy to solo as long as your quick about interrupting the boss's heal probe when it appears. Level sync only made it easier.

The final mission definitely requires 4 but you can recruit people who don't necessarily have the mission.

The final Seeker mission can be solo'd if you're an AC with a movement buff like Force Speed or Exfiltrate. A second person makes it cake but everyone has to be on the mission on the same step.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Picked Nar Shaddaa for both That's No Goon and Goon Squad so go ahead and start your heroics. :D

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

The second-to-last Microbinocular mission is easy to solo as long as your quick about interrupting the boss's heal probe when it appears. Level sync only made it easier.

The final mission definitely requires 4 but you can recruit people who don't necessarily have the mission.

The final Seeker mission can be solo'd if you're an AC with a movement buff like Force Speed or Exfiltrate. A second person makes it cake but everyone has to be on the mission on the same step.

I can confirm that the penultimate macro mission isn't to bad to solo on a TK sage, but I gave up trying to solo the final Seeker mission. There's three phases and the first (and apparently third) are tough but doable by any class. The second is a boss with massive DR that jumps away for two minutes after one rotation, requires precise positioning to stun when he reappears (which in practice means he always goes after your companion so you never get the stun), and has a channeled heal that requires a stun break + interrupt to stop and still heals ~6% if you interrupt perfectly. With a heal companion your never in danger of dying solo, but I gave up after 45 minutes when he chain healed himself 4 times in a row back to full health from 25%.

I've read that the stun barrels are supposed to also break his armor, but it never seemed to do anything but a ten second stun. Is that a new bug, or where the forum folks wrong?

Stickman fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 23, 2016

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
Breaking a barrel temporarily removes the stacking DR (which increases as his health gets lower) while he's stunned, the DR fully comes back when he snaps out of it and he's practically immune to damage under 30% health or so when not stunned. I haven't run through it recently so it might be bugged now for all I know. As I recall if you let him heal too many times you'll run out of barrels which renders the fight undoable, so you need to flawless several consecutive sub-50% barrel phases.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

prefect posted:

Where on the VV do you sit? :confused:

Wink.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Alter Ego posted:

There's a preview in the datamined picture of the next hypercrate. Your character stands while holding the pole.

:quagmire:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

As I wrote that post I knew someone would make that joke.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'd prefer sitting on the pole with a flourish that has you going down it slowly.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Stickman posted:

which in practice means he always goes after your companion so you never get the stun

When the last tentacle gets low put your comp on passive so they'll stay right beside you instead of wandering around trying to target the boss.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Alter Ego posted:

As I wrote that post I knew someone would make that joke.

It was either that or "phrasing". :shrug:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I was going to ask which content his mother won to get put in the game.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

When the last tentacle gets low put your comp on passive so they'll stay right beside you instead of wandering around trying to target the boss.

Even with the comp on passive, I've never successfully triggered a barrel blast if the comp is targeted. I think it only works when a player is targeted (or I could just be unlucky).

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
Damnit.

nevermind.

The new assaultcannon has spinny bits.

also the new commander's weapon set has some nifty VFX.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

nonentity posted:

Damnit.

nevermind.

The new assaultcannon has spinny bits.

also the new commander's weapon set has some nifty VFX.

The new weapons are very Buck Rogers. Hopefully they have 50's sci-fi sounds to go along?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I definitely need to get the nexu mount for my character that uses the nexu pet. It will be like she hops off the nexu and it starts fighting by her side. I remember people doing stuff like that in WoW years ago, taming a pet that looked the same as their mount. It always looked cool as hell.

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot
SWTOR's target audience are millennials, and that's why this game is so dead. Millennials don't like games because they're too hard. They prefer selfies instead, and now we're stuck with CM Fashion Wars.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Dark Juno posted:

SWTOR's target audience are millennials, and that's why this game is so dead. Millennials don't like games because they're too hard. They prefer selfies instead, and now we're stuck with CM Fashion Wars.

General chat is infecting the thread.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Dark Juno posted:

taint reaper alt spotted

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

taint reaper alt spotted

Nah this is just the guy who pops into the thread every few months and says how terrible it is and how he refuses to play until the tracer missile animation is changed back to the way it was originally.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey if you're playing with someone of the same class you get credit for instanced areas on the story missions separately, right?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Medullah posted:

Nah this is just the guy who pops into the thread every few months and says how terrible it is and how he refuses to play until the tracer missile animation is changed back to the way it was originally.

Dude really wants to see some BH butts I guess? :psyduck:

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot

Chasiubao posted:

Memes are the lowest form of humor.

And my BH always wears a buttflap.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Dark Juno posted:

As if Pretty Princess Dress-Up isn't the greatest end game in history.

PS - I was born in '77, pretty sure I don't qualify as a millennial.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

General chat is infecting the thread.

If it were Gen chat he's be talking about Bernie Sanders or making Our America Great Again.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Don't forget to deposit your encryptions by tomorrow so Oedzi can do the drawing for the Arbiter's Dual Saber, with runner up prizes of a Personal Warbot and a few other items.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Medullah posted:

Don't forget to deposit your encryptions by tomorrow so Oedzi can do the drawing for the Arbiter's Dual Saber, with runner up prizes of a Personal Warbot and a few other items.

They haven't even acknowledged my ticket I opened for not getting the conquest rewards.. Oh well.

On the bright side, I hit my personal goal for this week, and it shows correctly in the guild tab... so yay.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Chasiubao posted:

All non-buttflap BH armor sucks.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Locator posted:

They haven't even acknowledged my ticket I opened for not getting the conquest rewards.. Oh well.

On the bright side, I hit my personal goal for this week, and it shows correctly in the guild tab... so yay.

I spent a whole lot of spacebucks last week to fully open a third legacy stronghold, and the conquest bonus makes so much of a pleasant difference. Time to start saving for a fourth...

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

The Locator posted:

Yeah same here.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Welp, that was easy conquest this week. Did the NS heroics, which got me the "kill 250 npc on NS" bit. Was missing about 1,500 and went into a PVP match that ended in a win after 30 seconds due to lack of players. About 35 minutes total.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Medullah posted:

Is it just donate decorations on the guild storage?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

kirtar posted:

Go to guild ship, open guild cargo, choose Oedzi's stash from the left menu, deposit encryptions in there.

E: do ensigns have access to that tab?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Hakarne posted:

I'm not quite at that point but I'm working my way through the quest. Add Thaeras in game and maybe we can duo it? (I'm a tank spec assassin and I can solo lots of poo poo with a healer companion).

Edit: Oh we may need people for the dumb puzzle. Maybe we can find some helpers.

I had a lot of luck hiring people to stand in spots for the puzzle. You can do the first heroic for the Shroud missions as a duo just fine. For the second heroic, you need 4 people to click things. With level sync, anyone on Nar Shaddaa can join in, so we offered 100k credits to anyone willing to come and click buttons. 5 minutes or so, and we had our mercenaries to help us out.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

kirtar posted:

No, encryptions from conquest last week.

Fiaxx
Nov 8, 2003

Wednesday is my rag day.

The Locator posted:

Good luck, I put a ticket in before Christmas I believe, and it got taken care of about two weeks ago. At least that was faster than some others I've heard of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

E: do ensigns have access to that tab?

All ranks should be able to view and deposit there. If you do have any problems, you can instead just mail your encryption to Oedzi.

I'll be compiling a list of entries tomorrow night and selecting winners by random draw. Prizes should go out in the mail Friday or Saturday night depending on my level of sobriety.

• Locked thread