Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Skunkrocker posted:

Edit: also I heard you used the cinematic camera mod to spy on guards during Train Stealth or something. Not that it matters all that much, just throwing it out there.

Dang we havent had a pd2 cheating thread callout in forever!!! Old times, old times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Fellis posted:

Dang we havent had a pd2 cheating thread callout in forever!!! Old times, old times

I shouldn't have said anything! I was merely making conversation! :smithicide:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

I shouldn't have said anything! I was merely making conversation! :smithicide:

No no, don't apologize. I feel like we're due for another slapfight.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

LuciferMorningstar posted:

No no, don't apologize. I feel like we're due for another slapfight.

This is the most activity this thread has seen in weeks.

I hacked my first five Infamies, what're you gonna do about that????

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You should play the game vanilla through the first 100 levels so you find and understand the gameplay concepts without getting them spoon feed to you through a HUD.

In POCOHUD I turn off health indicators and damage numbers as that poo poo just floods the screen with information I don't need. Turn off infamy xx level xxx info, distance. I keep the floating timers and chat announces as they provide useful info.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Two days remain until the future of crime is Kawaii. Can we linger on with maybe 50 more hours of bullshit until then?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Fellis posted:

I think the last one was only a few months ago, tops, actually.

Still not the golden days of people running around with every skill aced, though.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

RandallODim posted:

This is the most activity this thread has seen in weeks.

I hacked my first five Infamies, what're you gonna do about that????

There was some goony goon who kicked anyone above infamy 1 for awhile because they were cheating when infamy dropped. Unfortunately this was back when the game was a terrible grind and everyone reset infamy, but then wanted to play deathwish which was pretty much max level only.

They ended up stoving a lot and trying to name and shame ~goon cheaters~ in group chat and mumble.

John Murdoch posted:

I think the last one was only a few months ago, tops, actually.

Still not the golden days of people running around with every skill aced, though.

Yeah i dont actually remember, but its not the funny ones like the dude who didnt realize he had control freak aced because he had all skills hacked and tried to report an accidental nightclub stealth as a bug in this thread

Fellis fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 24, 2016

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

oohhboy posted:

You should play the game vanilla through the first 100 levels so you find and understand the gameplay concepts without getting them spoon feed to you through a HUD.

You should roll the game back to before you could do 100 levels in one sitting. You didn't play Payday if you didn't grind for 300 hours.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
If you want a picture of the grind, imagine a bus full of burning Mexicans — forever.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Sykic posted:

If you want a picture of the grind, imagine a bus full of burning Mexicans — forever.

Ssssssso is that the Rats heist or the upcoming Donald Trump Election heist?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Fellis posted:

Wilco once warped directly to the Diamond and dropped it off next to the escape van for us so we could stealth the heist in seconds. Unfortunately, the level scripting still required you to complete everything before the escape would proc. I get loving around in this silly game of clicking cops and tossing bags. My point was that the really bad rear end cinematic camera mod can apparently be used for cheating. I only mentioned it to Vox because I heard he was the one who did it, and it wasn't like a callout being like "oh vox is a filthy cheater" I mean for gently caress's sake the man has his name on a brick in a map in Payday 1.

Anyway, the push to interact thing is sorta feels like cheating to me because if something takes a while, like lock picking, I usually just press the button once and drink a beer or light a cigarette or do something else when I SHOULD be holding that F key. The "sorta feels like" part is because what the gently caress is the difference between holding F and not holding F, ya know? Does it really affect the game that much? Depends on whether or not you're answering a pager, I guess. :v:

John Murdoch posted:

Haha, yeah. God, I was one of those tossers too. After I got my first infamy I just got sick of the grind, so I just gave myself one of everything and enough skill points to ace everything twice. But then the game got boring without challenge, and I quit playing until I met you fellows.

And one more because I missed it earlier,

dublish posted:

But then you kill so many cops that never despawn and your framerate puts you on a level playing field.
Oh.

Um.

I'm a shameful cop clicker, I turned despawn all the way up. :ohdear:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I play by constantly mashing the "delete cop bodies" button

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Hey guys did I tell you about the dank new skin I bought :v:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

UnknownMercenary posted:

Hey guys did I tell you about the dank new skin I bought :v:

I'm worried about you.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

BillmasterCozb posted:

I play by constantly mashing the "delete cop bodies" button

That's the filthy cheater method of stealth. :colbert:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

isndl posted:

That's the filthy cheater method of stealth. :colbert:

what is..stealth?

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
It's those painful few seconds at the start of a heist before you get a chance to press 3.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Sykic posted:

It's those painful few seconds at the start of a heist before you get a chance to press 3.

I assume 3 is the default grenade key, but N is my binding for it

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Its cool man you can call vox a filthy cheater. He cheated in most of his deathwish cheevs using the codes iddqsykic, idkfcoolguye, and idclipfight

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
just popping in to say congrats on the thread title good job team

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Fellis posted:

Its cool man you can call vox a filthy cheater. He cheated in most of his deathwish cheevs using the codes iddqsykic, idkfcoolguye, and idclipfight

idgi

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

:cmon: No respect for the classics

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Look at my post carefully, and give me the benefit of a more careful reading in the future.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Perhaps it is I who should come on, son.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Can someone post whatever extra models I need to make the goonmod weapon customization bullshit work properly?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Fellis posted:

Wait iddqsykic is the cheat that causes you to explode via RPG though, how is that helpful?

-Troika- posted:

Can someone post whatever extra models I need to make the goonmod weapon customization bullshit work properly?

There are no extra models. GWC is a clientside mod only. If it's not working properly make sure you installed the GWC folder in assets/mod_overrides

Disclaimer: I haven't been playing Payday for a while, so if something has changed please let me know.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Feb 24, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Idkfauxton is the code that kills all the hostages and then sends one of your crew into custody with an 11-minute timer.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
always kill all hostages and end up going into custody eventually as you hold your head in your hands thinking "why did i execute 18 hostages waiting for the assault wave to start." i'm really good at that

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Skunkrocker posted:

Wait iddqsykic is the cheat that causes you to explode via RPG though, how is that helpful?

There are no extra models. GWC is a clientside mod only. If it's not working properly make sure you installed the GWC folder in assets/mod_overrides

Disclaimer: I haven't been playing Payday for a while, so if something has changed please let me know.

He means whatever files go into the overrides folder. Mine has been outdated for some time now since it apparently doesn't update automatically with the rest of goonmod, and I can't find the latest revision on the github cause that website confuses me.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

It doesn't update with goonmod, but it has a separate updater in blt.

Also you can download it directly from github.

https://github.com/JamesWilko/GoonMod/archive/WeaponCustomizerModOverrides.zip

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 24, 2016

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Edit: Oh wait I put it in the wrong place.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 25, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Stealth's pretty great, actually

Death Vox is coming...

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 25, 2016

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

That's pretty drat cool. I'm surprised at how well it translates into a stealth map with basically no changes at all. It's obviously somewhat rudimentary, but even still you have stuff like being weighed down by the server and the choice of whether or not to burn a keycard on accessing the top floor (and to a lesser extent, using the shutters) that actually adds some depth to it.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

That's really cool actually, it would be a pretty interesting map if you didn't dupe the keycards, too.

If it were made by Overkill the hack on the server room would totally be an uncool trigger, though. :v:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

"People, we're going back to the F.B.I. Well, don't get excited. Last time we were here Hoxton crashed a pickup truck through the front goddamn doors and caused a ruckus. This time? We don't need anyone knowing what we're up to. Use the four network computers in the closet behind Operations to find out what other evidence the Feds have on us. Copy it all onto the main server, destroy the physical stuff. Then sneak it right out the front door. If you get caught then Commissioner rear end in a top hat will know it was us. Don't get caught and they'll never notice. Of course, until it's too late.

Seriously, no loving alarms! Whatever you gotta do to not get caught? Do it!"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

"Also"

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Oh my god, I never thought I could see a heist where bain is mostly quiet but I'm suddenly glad about weird stealth edits to loud heists.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Should have a 1/4 chance of hoxton losing patience with his own breakout and causing the heist to go loud during the 2nd stage of the hack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Fellis posted:

Should have a 1/4 chance of hoxton losing patience with his own breakout and causing the heist to go loud during the 2nd stage of the hack

Walrus is ambitious- you can see he's working on implementing a stealth version of the Undercover interrogation for the director's computer stage. That map really doesn't work very well in stealth, for a number of reasons- but it's very impressive how much he did with it.