Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the caucuses?
Ben Carson
Ted Cruz
John Kasich
Marco Rubio
Donald Trump
Jeb, somehow
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Carson gonna drop out before Super Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

TRUMP

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

oystertoadfish posted:

that reminds me although it might have been elementary school but i remember they gave us these fake history books from like 1000 years in the future which were written as you said in fake history book format and told a whole sci-fi universe story that way. i liked that and i wish more poo poo was written like that. maybe someday ill read that for want of a nail fake history textbook you mention

edit: i had suggested this caucus wouldn't register in the narrative of the run-up to super tuesday unless, for one thing, trump got %50+. i think he'll do that now, and i suspect that it will matter. also i forgot how much of a shitshow this would be, even though i was warned, and that could factor in to narrative-factoring-in

Pick up a collection of Jorge Luis Borges' short stories, a lot of them are in that format. Some are more like fake articles from literary journals critiquing imaginary novels.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

"It could be the more you win, you more you can raise your own ceiling" -Fox on Trump's ceiling

O RLY YA THINK?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Montasque posted:

FOXNEWS calling it for Trump.

Saying Rubio is second, but Cruz is close second.

National Runner-Up Champion status is on the line

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Donald wins

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Carson shoulda dropped a month ago.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Wasn't even loving close.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
I hope Jeb beats Kasich

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Mayor Dave posted:

you mean this? i remember looking through it way back when

doesn't immediately ring a bell but there isn't much information there, could be. good to see there's a couple of these books out there

Squalid posted:

Pick up a collection of Jorge Luis Borges' short stories, a lot of them are in that format. Some are more like fake articles from literary journals critiquing imaginary novels.

oh cool. i think this is the only borges thing ive read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tl%C3%B6n,_Uqbar,_Orbis_Tertius it was fun

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Maybe the Bible isn't God's favorite book you know? Like, for 2,000 years now he's had people unprompted reciting their insane interpretations of it and by now he's probably just loving sick of it. Nevermind that he's not even pulling in royalties anymore, so any skin he had in the game previously is out the window

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Trump wins Nevada.

He really is gonna be the nominee, holy poo poo.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I hope he does one more debate.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

I looked it up and I actually didn't know that Glenn Beck was 6'3", he comes across as a guy who is like 5'8".

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/702357864162189313

Low Energy™

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i hope cruz takes second place and thus wins the night

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

fade5 posted:

Trump wins Nevada.

I think the only way they're gonna stop him is with Cruz or Rubio dropping out before Super Tuesday and most of their voters going to the other instead of Trump, or a bullet

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I looked it up and I actually didn't know that Glenn Beck was 6'3", he comes across as a guy who is like 5'8".

He's got really bad posture.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

Maybe the Bible isn't God's favorite book you know? Like, for 2,000 years now he's had people unprompted reciting their insane interpretations of it and by now he's probably just loving sick of it. Nevermind that he's not even pulling in royalties anymore, so any skin he had in the game previously is out the window

he gets souls to eat he's probably just gnawing on souls from like 200 years ago funneling the rest of us into a freezer for late night snacks

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

smell this posted:

i hope cruz takes second place and thus wins the night

um i think history shows us that third place is the real winner

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Totally called this in like October or some poo poo.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

CubsWoo posted:

hmmmm, whoops

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

fade5 posted:

Trump wins Nevada.

This is gonna be nuts.

I can't wait to see what the Republican establishment does.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
940 votes in and it's called, no one else stands a chance on super tuesday

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oystertoadfish posted:

he gets souls to eat he's probably just gnawing on souls from like 200 years ago funneling the rest of us into a freezer for late night snacks

OT God maybe. NT God has to hang out with them and poo poo and let them muddy up the carpet just because he was in a really good mood for like ONE FREAKING DAY and you know how chatty you get when you've been burnin' the old bush ifyaknowwhatimean

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

CubsWoo posted:

second place is just first loser... in the race for third

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Carson has no money left. All his remaining infrastructure was in Nevada. He's dropping out.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Trump at 42% so far. If all the other votes had gone to Rubio, he would have won today!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Chris Matthews is about to cry and so am I

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

oystertoadfish posted:

that reminds me although it might have been elementary school but i remember they gave us these fake history books from like 1000 years in the future which were written as you said in fake history book format and told a whole sci-fi universe story that way. i liked that and i wish more poo poo was written like that. maybe someday ill read that for want of a nail fake history textbook you mention

Here's a teaser: The TV is invented in 1902, the atomic bomb in the 1960s by a company in Taiwan, and Mexico invades Siberia.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Jewel Repetition posted:

Chris Matthews is about to cry and so am I

time to dig out an old pair of pants brother

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

fade5 posted:

Trump wins Nevada.

Lets see what his numbers look like!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Watching Fox coverage, not nearly enough meltdown. Should I be watching schadenfreude on MSNBC?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

zen death robot posted:

If anyone drops out it'll be Kasich but I kind of doubt anyone else does until after Super Tuesday

Kasich will stick around as a zombie campaign until Michigan and Ohio unless he ends up behind Trump by 10 or more in Ohio (he was down 5 in polling released today.)

Also:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/702359135103352832

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
TRUMP BROKE 40%

HIS CEILING IS THE OVAL OFFICE

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jewel Repetition posted:

Toxx: if Trump get 40% of the vote I'll poo poo my pants.

it's happening

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

poo poo your pants

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
The numbers look almost the same as in SC so far, just with Carson and Kasich trading their numbers and Trump absorbing 100% of the Jeb vote.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Find and post as many GOPe sad tweets as you can, it is a fun game because they never end so you never lose

https://twitter.com/RBPundit/status/702359164199292932

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Trump buy on predict it is up to 71c too bad all you losers didn't get in at 14c back in august like me.

• Locked thread